New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1455
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Domino Quartz's Delightfully Quaint Random Banter Thread #248

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Congrats on the exciting developments in your life. Hope your cough goes away. And that you and that young lady get to see each other again.

Thanks very much for the kind words TaiLiu!
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

2. - Top - End - #992
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I was also posting fanfic in a place dedicated to The Thing The Fanfic Was About, and no one cared, so take this as proof that you're just a good writer since people are actually acknowledging it.
    I mean, writing gets asked for reasons other than being good, but... Thanks.

...All cards on the table, this particular story is primarily an Owl House fic and two of the places I'm posting it have strong, active Owl House fandoms and the fic in question is very high in Lumity content and Eda's Owl Mom persona, both of which are like catnip to these people.

As an asside, writing the story and, in particular, one of the comments left on AO3, led me to realize that Eda's love language is crime.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Happy Easter everyone.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

4. - Top - End - #994

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I mean, writing gets asked for reasons other than being good, but... Thanks.

...All cards on the table, this particular story is primarily an Owl House fic and two of the places I'm posting it have strong, active Owl House fandoms and the fic in question is very high in Lumity content and Eda's Owl Mom persona, both of which are like catnip to these people.

As an asside, writing the story and, in particular, one of the comments left on AO3, led me to realize that Eda's love language is crime.
    To be clearer: I was writing fanfiction about a series, in the creator's discord, in a community specifically focused around said creator's fiction. They love fanfiction there, and love fiction in general since it was a written story.

At any rate, that was me just being really really down on myself, so sorry for subjecting you to all that.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Thanks very much for the kind words TaiLiu!
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    gaaarragh, I accidentally saved over my Pokemon Rocket edition Romhack and lost all my progress right when it was getting interesting and I'm frustrated now. so I went and start Pokemon Dark Kaizo Rising romhack instead, and its going well so far? maybe I don't know the rules I'm supposed to play it with but I seem to doing well just playing normally on it.
    That's really frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    I mean, this is more fanfiction, although I have tried my hand at erotic rules for D&D (multiple times, sometimes going into too much detail). This stemmed from an idea about a trans paladin sleeping with the Innkeep's daughter, who doesn't catch them because they're watching the (asexual) bard, and is now ballooning to include a half-orc wizard and an actual quest.

A friend is telling me to write it, despite how bad it'll be.
    It sounds like a fun story to write.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Happy Easter everyone.
    Happy Easter to you.

At any rate, that was me just being really really down on myself, so sorry for subjecting you to all that.
    It's all right. We're social animals. Being ignored hurts.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground

I've been using speed up to speed though my replay through of Rocket Edition.

After a few attempts to get into BG3, I just bit the bullet and watched a video on youtube for the story, hoping to get rid of the FOMO so I can play it at whatever pace I want, and I understand the characters and their story now. I think I understand what they were getting at with the story.

Spoiler: BG3 analysis
    Show

there is a lot of mentions of freedom and people trying to attain it in various ways. for the protagonists its all about freedom from the people abusing or controlling their lives, while for the villains its about the freedom TO control things or other people.

as for the companions, a lot of the "eviller" companions end up just need a little push or some guidance to being good people, many of them doing the right thing when they confronted face to face with the actions of those controlling them or what their own plans to take control of their situation would mean. Oddly however, despite his seemingly higher morality, Gale never gets a moment like the others of realizing what his plans would mean for him- he ends the game finding out that he has the Karsite Weave and hubristically thinks he can become a better god than Mystra after she orders him to blow himself up, when he started out trying to repent for a smaller act of hubris. he actually got WORSE and experienced NEGATIVE character development here. like sure Mystra's a huge jerk for not informing him "hey thats the Karsite Weave, thats bad and will only cause problems" and the other things she demands of him, but boy is she creating her own villain with her actions in this game, no wonder people don't like Gale, he seems good on the surface but is actually the poster child for the Twilight Exalted problem, the embodiment of "RIP to those guys, but I'm built different", like dude your literally trying to do one of the things in Forgotten Realms that historically never works out: use arcane magic to overthrow Mystra and become a god. your carrying around a relic of a previous act of hubris in your chest while you do so, he is legit the only companion that ends up worse than when he starts.

the things I don't like the game however is the weird random comedy characters that make absolutely no sense. like you have this bloody, kinda dark tale of people trying to escape being turned into squids and dealing with these jerks trying to control them, but then you have dumb things like Volo, or a weird circus, or a flying elephant that are like tonal whiplash, or people speaking in that fake campy ye olde fantasy way of speaking people sometime use that is just never good because it feels like they stepped out of a shakespearean play rather than being actually part of the world. but then again thats like one of my problems with Forgotten Realms in general and its weird old timey flourishes that don't gel with me. like BG3 has a good story here, but there is so much dissonance between the story and tone it sets and the wider setting that its taking place in. and like also the story feels like it should be small and personal and it kinda is, but then they had to add in assurances that oh they're all great heroes and saved everything y'know? like this doesn't feel like a story that should be getting the famous heroes and legends treatment, it feels like it should just be these ragtag outcasts just having a personal journey and yes, be better at the end of it, the stakes seem a bit wonky compared to the characters actual capabilities, but I guess thats a problem I have with DnD in general: many media successfully convince me that the heroes capabilities and the stakes match, but somehow DnD doesn't achieve that, and I don't know why.

like this game is supposed to be The Big Deal RPG of the current time and full of good writing, and is reminiscent of Bioware games and such and so on, which should mean I should like it a lot, and I'm trying to figure out why I don't like it more? Maybe I've just been hype backlashed, because I want to like this game, I really do, its clearly doing a lot of things well....but I'm just not clicking with it fully, I get what its saying, but I don't feel the vibe in my HEART y'know? this game is such a weird feeling to me, because its somehow so hard for me to get into, despite so much of it being familiar in some ways and good in other ways. I guess apart of it is that I feel my FOMO was unfounded? Sure its a good story but I'm not sure if its something I'd regret not seeing for a while, or not playing. Maybe I'm the problem? Its not the game, its me, I just don't have the mindset to experience BG3 properly, or the computer to experience it without dropped frames and slightly long load times, maybe thats whats keeping me from having a smoother experience that would make me willing to play through it? I don't know.

so overall.... my thought on this game is "Why don't I like this more? I'm confused".
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #997
    Troll in the Playground

My own takeaway from BG3 is a much simpler: "I wanna cosplay all the hot tief ladies!"
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

8. - Top - End - #998

To be clearer: I was writing fanfiction about a series, in the creator's discord, in a community specifically focused around said creator's fiction. They love fanfiction there, and love fiction in general since it was a written story.
    I cannot stress how crazy and active TOH is as a fandom on this forum.

The other day in the general function thread I made an observation regarding reasons for why Boscha is so antagonist toward Willow specifically. The conversion then quickly turned toward how they probably could have been friends under different circumstances given the respective ove for athletics... Which somehow shifted to a Jock AU... Which then leads to Jock!Amity still being a dork so she ends up asking Luz out and sounding like Johnny Bravo... Which then became a whole thing by itself.

But yeah, you're probably right
    *hugs*

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hey, I've told you before and I'll tell you again: I like what I've seen of your writing, despite your casual cruaelty to planties and Classical languages that are dear to me. You have a skill with both language (incl. how the text reads and flows) and structure. And you're a published author who gets interviewed about that! For my part, I only ever finished one book-sized project, and I'm very glad I never tried to publish it on account of… Questionable stylistic decisions, so that's quite a thing.

It's all right. We're social animals.
    Speak for yourself. I'm a FLOWER.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

It's a weird day when you find yourself Googling 'can you get pregnant while pregnant'. For the record yes, and I'm definitely not the first person who searched for that.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Titan in the Playground

The other day in the general function thread I made an observation regarding reasons for why Boscha is so antagonist toward Willow specifically. The conversion then quickly turned toward how they probably could have been friends under different circumstances given the respective ove for athletics... Which somehow shifted to a Jock AU... Which then leads to Jock!Amity still being a dork so she ends up asking Luz out and sounding like Johnny Bravo... Which then became a whole thing by itself.
    Yeah, Lumity is an incredibly powerful force. I believe you when you say your success is probably has something due to that Rater, because I watched a reaction to the Owl House and the persons reactions to Lumity was just them squeeing and melting anytime they did anything cute. like it was just any little thing at any point, it was nuts. granted the reacting person was a lesbian, but it gave me perspective about how strongly some people react to this kind of thing compared to nerds that just analyze it. and for some reason Lumity has just become so powerful, even though The Owl House is like ended and there is no indication that there will be any sequel. not sure how long the passion will last, but if the Undertale fandom can keep itself alive through pure AU fanfic stuff, then anything's possible.

as for you Zodi, don't let such a thing like that get you down, fandoms are hyper-specific audiences with very specific fixations. you might've just not appealed to what specific fandom thing they obsess about. or what that specific forum obsesses about. trust me, online communities like that are often their own little bubble with their own little memes, jokes and view of the world that don't really have anything to do with any other community even if its on the same topic. you can't really appeal to everyone, especially in an era where its seemingly impossible for everyone to be on the same page despite the vast amount of information at our fingertips.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2024-04-01 at 07:09 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1002

Yeah, Lumity is an incredibly powerful force. I believe you when you say your success is probably has something due to that Rater, because I watched a reaction to the Owl House and the persons reactions to Lumity was just them squeeing and melting anytime they did anything cute. like it was just any little thing at any point, it was nuts. granted the reacting person was a lesbian, but it gave me perspective about how strongly some people react to this kind of thing compared to nerds that just analyze it.
    I've done extensive literary analysis of Lumity. My conclusion is that they're adorable and deserve all the happiness.

More seriously... Disney has had an ad habit of pointing toward random minor characters in their latest movie/show and saying that they're the first LGBT character in a X.

In comparison, Luz and Amity are, respectively, the first major bisexual and lesbian characters in a Disney Work and by extension Lumity is the first openly and explcitly queer romance in a disney work.

That's a big ****ing deal. Their relationship is groundbreaking... As demonstrated by the fact that the ground literally broke under them when Luz was finally about to ask Amity out.

That alone would give the ship staying power... But then, um... There's just how healthy and wholesome their romance arc was. And the fact that their romance arc fueled their respective character development instead of consuming it and...

This exchange: "Why is this still so scary?" "I don't know." Right after they get together...

Amity might not know, but I do! It's because this isn't the end of the story. Romantic relationships take maintenance and work and you have to manage your own baggage in order to be emotionally available and that's kind of the main thrust of their romance arc. Luz's love and friendship inspire Amity to get her crap together and be better, be the kind of person she wants to be instead of what her mom made her, then Amity turns around and gives Luz a hand up when she realizes that Luz i s struggling with her own mental health. Not as a transaction, not to 'pay back' what Luz did for her, but because she loves Luz and wants to support her.

They love each other, they support each other, they understand each other, and the one time they come into conflict with each other they talk it out and then confront the root of the issue rather than have a pointless fight.

And it clearly paid off, since they're still together and still adorably in love four years later came the epilog. Why? Because as we see int e show proper, they did the work to make it work.

We need more of that. We need to normalize realistically healthy romance in fiction instead of either pointless drama for the sake of drama, wishy-washy will-they-won't-they crap, or "X and Y hook up and then stagnate there until they either break up or get married."

And then there's just how ****ing adorable they are and how they were clearly made for each other.

Throw in just how well written the show is in general and how they go all out on animating the big moments...

Like, seriously: The Kiss. When Luz comes to rescue Amity and Amity kisses her on the mouth for the first time... I swear to god it looks like they raided the Dinsey Cryovault and sprung the cartoonists from the traditional animation department with how smooth the animation was and how detailed their expressions are compared to a typical scene.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2024-04-01 at 07:38 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #1003

It's all right. We're social animals. Being ignored hurts.
    Thank you.

But yeah, you're probably right

*hugs*
    You ARE a good writer.

And thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Hey, I've told you before and I'll tell you again: I like what I've seen of your writing, despite your casual cruaelty to planties and Classical languages that are dear to me. You have a skill with both language (incl. how the text reads and flows) and structure. And you're a published author who gets interviewed about that! For my part, I only ever finished one book-sized project, and I'm very glad I never tried to publish it on account of… Questionable stylistic decisions, so that's quite a thing.
    Thank you. And naw, I only got interviewed the once and it was from me reaching out to them, so it doesn't really feel like it "counts" if that makes sense?

as for you Zodi, don't let such a thing like that get you down, fandoms are hyper-specific audiences with very specific fixations. you might've just not appealed to what specific fandom thing they obsess about. or what that specific forum obsesses about. trust me, online communities like that are often their own little bubble with their own little memes, jokes and view of the world that don't really have anything to do with any other community even if its on the same topic. you can't really appeal to everyone, especially in an era where its seemingly impossible for everyone to be on the same page despite the vast amount of information at our fingertips.
    Fair enough. And thank you.

I've done extensive literary analysis of Lumity. My conclusion is that they're adorable and deserve all the happiness.

More seriously... Disney has had an ad habit of pointing toward random minor characters in their latest movie/show and saying that they're the first LGBT character in a X.

In comparison, Luz and Amity are, respectively, the first major bisexual and lesbian characters in a Disney Work and by extension Lumity is the first openly and explcitly queer romance in a disney work.

That's a big ****ing deal. Their relationship is groundbreaking... As demonstrated by the fact that the ground literally broke under them when Luz was finally about to ask Amity out.

That alone would give the ship staying power... But then, um... There's just how healthy and wholesome their romance arc was. And the fact that their romance arc fueled their respective character development instead of consuming it and...

This exchange: "Why is this still so scary?" "I don't know." Right after they get together...

Amity might not know, but I do! It's because this isn't the end of the story. Romantic relationships take maintenance and work and you have to manage your own baggage in order to be emotionally available and that's kind of the main thrust of their romance arc. Luz's love and friendship inspire Amity to get her crap together and be better, be the kind of person she wants to be instead of what her mom made her, then Amity turns around and gives Luz a hand up when she realizes that Luz i s struggling with her own mental health. Not as a transaction, not to 'pay back' what Luz did for her, but because she loves Luz and wants to support her.

They love each other, they support each other, they understand each other, and the one time they come into conflict with each other they talk it out and then confront the root of the issue rather than have a pointless fight.

And it clearly paid off, since they're still together and still adorably in love four years later came the epilog. Why? Because as we see int e show proper, they did the work to make it work.

We need more of that. We need to normalize realistically healthy romance in fiction instead of either pointless drama for the sake of drama, wishy-washy will-they-won't-they crap, or "X and Y hook up and then stagnate there until they either break up or get married."

And then there's just how ****ing adorable they are and how they were clearly made for each other.

Throw in just how well written the show is in general and how they go all out on animating the big moments...

Like, seriously: The Kiss. When Luz comes to rescue Amity and Amity kisses her on the mouth for the first time... I swear to god it looks like they raided the Dinsey Cryovault and sprung the cartoonists from the traditional animation department with how smooth the animation was and how detailed their expressions are compared to a typical scene.
    I will note the film "Strange Worlds" does, if I recall, have a queer romance in it, but I forget if it happens before or after Owl House does what it does. It's been awhile.

And yeah, I second basically all of this; a good romance shows the people get together, a GREAT romance shows the trials and tribulations of Being Together, which the show did wonderfully.

If I recall they specifically noted they saved as much budget as they could for The Kiss. They knew they were getting shafted by Disney, so saved the money and effort for where it really counted. What're they going to do, cancel them AGAIN?

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Titan in the Playground

Indeed, I can only hope to write a relationship as good as Lumity one day, Rater. Or be in one like it.

But, I have lots of things I need to work on before I start thinking about that, write more, do art more, acquire new computer to play better videogames because it doesn't seem to be able to run the latest ones I have, try being more open by my transgirlness like acquiring clothes to help with that, and if I'm brave enough figure out how to get a transition going, ask for help and be vulnerable more, numerous things to improve myself, I have been in stasis for too long, too fearful of the world. I've got to do better, be better, be more.

15. - Top - End - #1005

I will note the film "Strange Worlds" does, if I recall, have a queer romance in it, but I forget if it happens before or after Owl House does what it does. It's been awhile.
    Strange Worlds aired in November 2022. Additionally it doesn't so much have a queer romance so much as it has an openly gay character with a confirmed crush but they're not together and the love interest is only in two scenes.

The First Day, which had the first hint that Amity was gay for Luz and Thrilling Grom Fright, which confirmed it and was full of foreshadowing that they'd get together and be good for each other, both aired in 2020 so you know, even with just crushes TOH came way first. Additionally, in Understanding Willow, the episode right before Grom(which was full of ship teases) showed that Willow had two dads*

...But, Escaping Expulsion, which had the first signs that Luz reciprocated Amity's crush so first mutual crush, Through the Looking Glass Ruins where they both find out about each other's respective crushes and Amity kisses Luz on the cheek, and Knock Knock Knocking on Hooty's door where they finally get together all aired in summer of 2021 while Clouds on the Horizon, where they kiss on the mouth for the first time, aired in May 2022 predating Strange Worlds by a few months.

...The only thing that came after was Luz and Amity's first side profile kiss which can't possibly be denied that that is what they're doing since we see the lip contact, and also Willow's dads have a side profile kiss. Notably, Willow's dads are the only couple other than Lumity to have a mouth-to-mouth kiss in the whole show.

*As an asside, while Willow most closely resembles Gilbert Park, she also has features in common with Harvy Park which combined with the fact that they're respectively and Korean-coded and black and Willow's VA is half-black and half-Korean strongly suggests that either one of them was AFAB or else The Boiling Isles has a means of homosexual reproduction.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2024-04-02 at 08:00 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Bugbear in the Playground

I keep hearing good things about The Owl House, so it's tentatively on my to watch list. Kind of a shame I spoilered it for myself by binging its tvtropes page.

Thank you. And naw, I only got interviewed the once and it was from me reaching out to them, so it doesn't really feel like it "counts" if that makes sense?
    If they thought there wasn't any value to it they wouldn't have done the interview and published the article.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    I keep hearing good things about The Owl House, so it's tentatively on my to watch list. Kind of a shame I spoilered it for myself by binging its tvtropes page.
    I know that problem all too well, the number of works I've spoiled for myself because of tvtropes is probably getting close to triple digits. Thankfully my poor memory means I've usually unspoiled myself after a while. (I think this is the second time in like a like a week that I've bragged about my memory being bad, which feels... odd).

At this point I basically avoid the tvtropes page of anything I'm seriously considering watching/reading/playing, though trope pages can still trip me up.

18. - Top - End - #1008

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    I keep hearing good things about The Owl House, so it's tentatively on my to watch list.
    I have literally never related to a character more than Luz.

Seriously, so relatable.

...Also the social anxiety and implied school trauma.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #1009

I just get these wholesomeness vibes from the bits and pieces I've seen/heard of The Owl House. I like that! The same thing drew me to My Little Pony (and if I have my way, that's an obsession that'll never disappear). Kipo and the age of Wonderbeasts has got a similar feel for those of you looking for more wholesome cartoons after having finished either/both of those other 2.

20. - Top - End - #1010

So I fell backasleep this morning and dreamed that there was a bench on our front porch and that I fell asleep on it and when I woke up I'd been charged with some bull**** crime that there was no possible way sleepign on bench on my family' property could be applied to and was somehow already on an incredibly strict probation(seriouly, 'leave your bedroom light on at all times' strict) despite it not having gone to trial yet. I wasn't arrested, I was just being charged with a crime and pre-emptively punished becuase some lady cop had a quota to fill.

They put a sreet sign i our yard explaining what the crime I was "guilty of" was and what sort of crap I had to comply of was but didn't actually define the crime and in the dream I googled it and it turned out to be something about luring people out to a specifc location by pretending to be a vulnerably vagrant so you can rob or murder them and I'm like "because I feel alseep on my own god damn porch that means I'm pretending to be vagrant for nefarious purposes?"

Like, abundantly clear that this would all get overtunred/reversed the second we actualy talk to a judge but dreaming about an overzelous power tripping cop with a quota was not a pleasant experiance.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Titan in the Playground

So I fell backasleep this morning and dreamed that there was a bench on our front porch and that I fell asleep on it and when I woke up I'd been charged with some bull**** crime that there was no possible way sleepign on bench on my family' property could be applied to and was somehow already on an incredibly strict probation(seriouly, 'leave your bedroom light on at all times' strict) despite it not having gone to trial yet. I wasn't arrested, I was just being charged with a crime and pre-emptively punished becuase some lady cop had a quota to fill.

They put a sreet sign i our yard explaining what the crime I was "guilty of" was and what sort of crap I had to comply of was but didn't actually define the crime and in the dream I googled it and it turned out to be something about luring people out to a specifc location by pretending to be a vulnerably vagrant so you can rob or murder them and I'm like "because I feel alseep on my own god damn porch that means I'm pretending to be vagrant for nefarious purposes?"

Like, abundantly clear that this would all get overtunred/reversed the second we actualy talk to a judge but dreaming about an overzelous power tripping cop with a quota was not a pleasant experiance.
    I'm fairly certain that the Judge would have shipped you off to Alaska for your heinous crime! No need to bother with a jury, there's clearly more than enough evidence.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2024-04-02 at 08:34 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Well, I'm very calm today and I wrote Chapter 5 of my D&D: The Dragoon Family story early this morning.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

23. - Top - End - #1013

Sounds like you need a good dream lawyer to argue your dream case in front of the dream judge lest you be sentenced to dream jail by a dream jury of your dream peers. You don't want to end up in a jail cell for the night every time you go to sleep, do you?

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

I'm back, baby! I apologize to all who missed me. Among other things that were going on, i had a trip from Birmingham to a Richmond by way of San Diego. That was a fun three days.
    It's a work of UK law. It's a technicality, but one I like to bring up. It's why you can change your name by writing a sentence on some paper and getting two people to sign it.
    Imean, I'd argue that if there's a legally recognized process to change your name, regardless of how simple it is that denotes that you have a legal name.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2024-04-03 at 05:52 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

25. - Top - End - #1015

So someone just pointed out a continuity error in one of my fanfics and I am now suffering from emotional damage that I missed it.

I had this whole exchange planned out for weeks.
    "Everything," the teen, Masha, replied. "So just so I have this straight... The Luz I made friends with at camp wasn't the real Luz, she was some kid fleeing from horrible, inhumane conditions in a place called the Demon Realm who sort of accidentally an identity theft. Meanwhile, the real Luz was having an Isekai adventure in the Demon Realm, but now she's back with this... Cotton candy-haired elf chick?"

"What's an elf?" Amity asked.
    And then today someone pointed out that there is, in fact, a blink-and-you-'ll-miss-it scene confirming the existence of elves on the Boiling Isles in one and only one episode of the source material.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2024-04-03 at 06:11 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

So someone just pointed out a continuity error in one of my fanfics and I am now suffering from emotional damage that I missed it.

I had this whole exchange planned out for weeks.
    And then today someone pointed out that there is, in fact, a blink-and-you-'ll-miss-it scene confirming the existence of elves on the Boiling Isles in one and only one episode of the source material.
    hey, don't be so down. its easy to adapt. just have Amity say "Hey! I'm a witch, not an elf, thats a different species" instead.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2024-04-03 at 06:26 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1017

hey, don't be so down. its easy to adapt. just have Amity say "Hey! I'm a witch, not an elf, thats a different species" instead.
    1: The chapter was published 4 days ago so a bit too late, especially since editing chapters in one of the places it's published, FFN, is a pain in the ass.

2: Such a response would disrupt the flow of the scene.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Imean, I'd argue that if there's a legally recognized process to change your name, regardless of how simple it is that denotes that you have a legal name.
    My lack of a legal name laughs at your Idealistic assumption that laws must make sense.

As I said it's a technicality. For all intents and purposes [REDACTED] is my legal name until I change it, but technically I don't have one. You can even avoid the official process if you can get the passport office to accept the change.

Heck, naming laws are loose enough here that I could name a kid 'Help I'm Stuck In A Passport Factory'. Which is probably another reason that I should never raise any.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2024-04-03 at 07:38 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

My lack of a legal name laughs at your Idealistic assumption that laws must make sense.

As I said it's a technicality. For all intents and purposes [REDACTED] is my legal name until I change it, but technically I don't have one. You can even avoid the official process if you can get the passport office to accept the change.

Heck, naming laws are loose enough here that I could name a kid 'Help I'm Stuck In A Passport Factory'. Which is probably another reason that I should never raise any.
    If there's a name on your passport/drivers license/NHS card, you have a legal name, and that's it (unless you changed it and haven't updated it). Or, if you'd like it from the UK government directly...
    Your legal name, in the U.K., is the name you are generally called and known by.
    Yes, i know NHS moved to numbers, but hear me out here: you're old.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2024-04-03 at 08:02 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    If there's a name on your passport/drivers license/NHS card, you have a legal name, and that's it (unless you changed it and haven't updated it). Or, if you'd like it from the UK government directly...

Yes, i know NHS moved to numbers, but hear me out here: you're old.
    Your UK government quote technically contradicts your statement
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.