New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonrider's Random Banter in Conjunction with the Weighted Cube #92

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I wish I knew! I think they just almost set the table on fire...they should at least be doing this ON THE HEARTH by the fireplace instead of the table... *is scared*

Oh yeah. ...it's 20 degrees outside, windy as heck, and about to snow.

But still...my mother is WAY too tolerant. These gouts of fire keep coming up and she's saying "Don't burn down my house..." Though they're keeping it pretty contained. And they do go outside to set them off. They're just doing the BUILDING down here.
    Taking a kitchen knife and drive them outside without letting them get warm clothes isn't such a good idea, is it? No? Damn. *puts kitchen knife back*
    Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    It had company, so no worries.
    Should I be asking what they were doing for fourteen years all alone?

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonrider's Random Banter in Conjunction with the Weighted Cube #92

Quote Originally Posted by CSK View Post
    Should I be asking what they were doing for fourteen years all alone?
    You know the saying "coming out of the closet"?
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Taking a kitchen knife and drive them outside without letting them get warm clothes isn't such a good idea, is it? No? Damn. *puts kitchen knife back*
    *giggles*
    hee hee...I really, really wish I could....

No, they're done now. But...I was laughing so hard... They were sticking matches (multiple) in their mouths and then lighting them, and my brother tried to blow his out and it just touched his nose and now he's got a big blister and a bandaid to show for it.
    it was a beautiful lesson in cause and effect.
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2007-12-26 at 04:22 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

*......They were sticking matches (multiple) in their mouths and then lighting them, and my brother tried to blow his out and it just touched his nose and now he's got a big blister and a bandaid to show for it.
    Having worked for a professional Pyrotechnitian about 10 years ago (perfect summer job for HS-age male eh?) I can flat out say you should have put them in the garage. With concrete floors and fire resistant cars around them. Also tell them to cut off as many match heads (blues) and stuff them into a tennis ball. Duct tape over the opening and throw hard at something inflamable.

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    You know the saying "coming out of the closet"?
    No, they're done now. But...I was laughing so hard... They were sticking matches (multiple) in their mouths and then lighting them, and my brother tried to blow his out and it just touched his nose and now he's got a big blister and a bandaid to show for it.
    I sure hope he doesn't want to get a scientist.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Firbolg in the Playground

xkcd does have a comic for every occasion. I'd do a scientist though.

And now for something completely different: MC is unbanned!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    Mostly Six Flagish, it has some really good coasters (The spider is good, it's not as intense as most coasters however). The river rapid rides are some of my favs, though I mostly like the rollar coasters.

The place I live is surrounded by mountains. There are like 40+ hiking trails within a 2 mile radius from where I live. I live near the base of mountains to the east. Utah is a cool place for winter and summer.

Oh yeah, hike to the top of the mountain when there is a Full moon out. It is amazing...

(We should probably take this to Random Banter, so lets move this conversation there)
    I love roller coasters, eventually, if I'm still present here, I shall definitely consider visiting. Er, if I figure out how to get there on my non-driving own or if someone else is going...

I'm in salt lake city now. So many mountains... they are so beautiful... urge to climb rising...

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm used to seeing huge mountains surrounding me everywhere I go.

I went to chicago and almost went insane...

There are no mountains!!!! What is this kind of place?!
    I eventually found some so-called "mountains". And they were like tiny lumps that could be barely classified as hills compared to the ones here. >>

Hiking is fun, one of the trails around here goes under a waterfall. And another leads to a huge cave. There is also a even bigger cave near Bear lake, though it costs to go in. But not the cave nearest to where I live.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm used to seeing huge mountains surrounding me everywhere I go.

I went to chicago and almost went insane...

I eventually found some so-called "mountains". And they were like tiny lumps that could be barely classified as hills compared to the ones here. >>

Hiking is fun, one of the trails around here goes under a waterfall. And another leads to a huge cave. There is also a even bigger cave near Bear lake, though it costs to go in. But not the cave nearest to where I live.
    Hehehe, see, I'm used to the opposite... er... sort of.
    I'm originally from Michigan, so, I've been raised with "water everywhere", since... it's pretty difficult to get more than 10 miles away from a lake or river... I think it might be impossible actually. (In michigan). Also, lake effect snow, high humidity, etc.

Then there was Kentucky, Tennessee, and the Appalachian mountains. Which are just very big hills. Pretty though.
    The whole area is stretched out though, and some of the roads make absolutely no sense... and I have no idea why someone would drive on some of them. one lane road, that goes around a cliff, where a foot of a mistake sends you falling off? no thanks.

I've been to Chicago, a lot. Rather... interesting city. LA is saturated and dull... San Francisco/Bay Area just seems "fake" to me, though great city and extremely constant temperature.

Orlando was humid and horrid, imo.

This area is very nice though. It's like a mix between Chicago and michigan, but higher elevation and pretty mountains instead of pretty lakes.

(Though, I must say, vivid blue lakes in a forested area where everything seems calm and.. yeah... is appealing to me a lot right now...)

==Aside==

Any advice for someone foreign to the area? :P

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh yeah, if you look around salt lake during the night, there is a huge temple that practically glows brighter then any normal light. It looks so cool during the night

11. - Top - End - #191

Argh... have I ever stated how much I hate loose teeth? Because I do. A lot.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Snipped
    *Hugs*
    Funniest thing ever. And so true!
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by GuesssWho View Post
    *Hugs*
    Funniest thing ever. And so true!
    *hugs back* Took me long enough to find it because I read over it the first time and got stuck in the archives. Damn you funny webcomic thingy!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    xkcd does have a comic for every occasion. I'd do a scientist though.
    Am I the only one misunderstanding the last bit?

@:Reina: Now I want to go travelling. Stupid commitments keeping me from going on a tour via Vienna, Prague, Berlin, Cologne, Brussels, Paris, London, UK in general. That would mean all but two cities I've never been to in my life.

And it's already 0:49 again. Fortunately I can sleep in, stupid music keeping me awake.

@V: He is a girl.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I'm hopeing he means that, like mysself, he would qualify as a scientist under the if/then statement of the comic.

15. - Top - End - #195

*is a scientist* *kinda*

So uh what was that last statement Curly?

Spoiler
    Show

Look upon the Goddess and rejoice!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Curly, . . . you are not only made of epic win and not fail, but you are officially the greatest shipper of all time
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Mr. Scruffy is all knowing; he doesn't believe in squid bones, so neither should you!
    Bathatars!Blog!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

My brother and my cousin are making bombs out of match heads.

Firecrackers are illegal in this state, but I guess homemade ones aren't...there's smoke all over the living room. They made me drive them to Wal-Mart this morning so they could buy 2300 matches and 8 lighters.

Be afraid for me.

(At least I facilitated them which means they won't use their newfound power against me)
    Firecrackers... 9_9 I understand kids like them, cause they're exciting and all...But I really can see why they'd ban them.
    Well, at least here this year there's been a big decrease in sales of fireworks and firecrackers. And luckily with it came a decrease in accidents caused by them.

I personally don't like them because they scare the dogs. Here they blow a lot of those in the time between christmas and new year and later too. And on new years eve, the poor dogs really suffer from all the explosions and the confusion that their enhanced hearing causes them. Well, also that they can't rationalize the fact that it's a practice we stupid humans do, this thing about blowing loud stuff that hurts our ears and gets in our nerves, all for fun. Yay evolution 9_9

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, my dog freaks on New Years.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

18. - Top - End - #198

Oh boy, I wish there was a roll eye smiley.

Take this one! I don't remember where I found it.
    "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."

-Abraham Lincoln
    Love wins.
    my blog.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Em Blackleaf View Post

Riiiiight

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Em Blackleaf View Post

Riiiiight
    This is sooooooo fun.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Here's a couple of good ones.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

22. - Top - End - #202
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    And now for something completely different: MC is unbanned!
    YAY!!!! (Am I the only one who noticed Curly said this?)

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    No, but I'm to busy doing speed stacking to notice. (For some reason it's fun... Why is it fun?! )

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

No, you're not the only one. I just didn't comment because I was already talking to MC at the time I noticed it.
    *does Captain Tagon's Happy Dance*

(Oh, and Haruki: remember I have that softball bat. )
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2007-12-26 at 09:50 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

25. - Top - End - #205

Quote Originally Posted by SweetRein View Post
    I love roller coasters, eventually, if I'm still present here, I shall definitely consider visiting. Er, if I figure out how to get there on my non-driving own or if someone else is going...

I'm in salt lake city now. So many mountains... they are so beautiful... urge to climb rising...
    So when do we plan the GitP Utah Lagoon get together?
    Avatar by Sneak - The Midnight Son by Ceika
    No more a lone wolf, The Midnight Son rides again.
    Give thanks ye mortals, for he rides on the wings of an angel.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Son View Post
    So when do we plan the GitP Utah Lagoon get together?
    O_O

*Hopes he can go*

27. - Top - End - #207

O_O

*Hopes he can go*
    I'm sure Stryker would also be interested, though I'm not sure about inviting a lurker. He's about your age. Dunadan might also, though probably not as much. I don't know how many other Utah residents we have in here.
    Avatar by Sneak - The Midnight Son by Ceika
    No more a lone wolf, The Midnight Son rides again.
    Give thanks ye mortals, for he rides on the wings of an angel.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    (Oh, and Haruki: remember I have that softball bat. )
    And I have the Poltergust 3000. Bring it on, Ghosty.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

And I have the Poltergust 3000. Bring it on, Ghosty.
    What about the Poltergust 3001 in Mario and Luigi?

Anyways, I haven't met any other Utah residents besides you (Midnight) and now SweetRein.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

Got back from Christmas holidays in Saskatoon (I was visiting my mother's house in "Toontown," as people affectionally call it). Feel sick, but figured I'd check out the forum anyways.

It was an eventful Christmas. Satan didn't bring me any presents, sadly; perhaps next year I'll have to leave him out more pets to eat. My mother told me one kitten wasn't going to be enough, but I wanted to save the rest of the litter for midnight snacks.

Here's something that didn't affect me at all but made for a great conversation piece around the dinner table: the Saskatoon Police killed a guy in the house next to my mum. He broken in to his girlfriend's apartment wielding a couple of knives, and apparently when they were getting her out of there, he lunged out at him. So they shot him. It was the first fatal police shooting in Saskatoon for about three to four years.

A couple of times reporters knocked on my mum's door, but she ignored them, since she really didn't know the people (though she had heard them arguing) and was asleep when the shooting happened (it was about 3 a.m.); as such, she didn't have much to say. But the house was on the news.

Anyways, it was a great ice-breaker at the dinner table — my family has always enjoyed the suffering of others. Hurray for murder!

Other notable things that happened:

1) I got to see a miniature hedgehog for the first time.
    2) I got pulled over by the Mounties because my car is apparently not registered, which I thought the insurance company was supposed to take care of; now I'm looking at a $230 ticket. That's the first time I've gotten a ticket while driving a car. (Good thing he didn't find the body in the trunk, however.)
    3) My brother, the bard/barbarian, used his rage attack on Christmas Eve when I refused to lend him my car. I took 4d10 of damage to my ears.
    4) I made a seven-letter word in Scrabble! My very first! 50-point bonus, baby! (Mind you, my brother finished 40 points ahead of me, so it didn't make much of a difference.)
    5) I finished "A Game of Thrones," the first book in "A Song of Fire and Ice" series. Lotsa sex. And violence!
    6) I watched "The Hulk" again. I don't care what anyone says, that movie was a misunderstood masterpiece.
    Last edited by FoE; 2007-12-27 at 12:52 AM.