New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Sunless Citadel (IC)

As carefully and quietly as possible, Relf stands and moves in the direction of of the noise, silently rousing Diago with a light prod as he passes, and making his way to Seraphina's tent in the southwest corner of the camp, closest to where the sound originated. Opening the tent flap, he leans in and gently places a hand over her mouth to wake her as silently as possible. When her eyes are open, he puts a finger over his mouth, waits half a beat, then points in the direction of the sound, and then tugs at his earlobe. After that he removes his hand, points emphatically at Seraphina, and then gestures back behind him at Dagoth, Gerard, and Ilidan. Then he stands, hand on his shortbow, eyes and stance all wariness as he fixes his gaze in the direction of the disturbance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative, if necessary - (1d20+5)[12]

I've tried to set up my actions so that they all occur in one round, in case there's Initiative going on here between me an the "unseen thingie."

Moving silently (for what it's worth) at full-speed, incurring a -5 penalty: sneakitty-sneak! - (1d20+5)[9]
    This movement ends me in square I-13, directly between Diago and Seraphina.

Free action: waking Diago.

Standard action: opening the tent, waking Sera and conveying a silent message ("I heard something over there; you go wake up the others"). I wasn't entirely sure what skill would best represent the scout training Relf is tapping into to send a silent message, but Bluff (used for sending "secret" messages within public hearing, which is quite different from the current situation) didn't really make sense to me, so I decided to go with a Survival check instead. Survival seemed a better representation of the skill set Relf would be using here, but let me know if this or any of the above doesn't work/isn't cool as I've stated it. I'll take a 10 on the check (for a modified outcome of 15, enough to convey a message in accordance with the Bluff rules). If taking 10 isn't an option (if I'm considered "threatened" at this point), then here's the roll instead: Survival check - (1d20+5)[6]

Sorry if I'm making your life more difficult with the above nonsense.

Edit: Eww... nat 1 on the Survival roll. I really hope I can just take 10 -- and that you'll let me use Survival to convey my message in the first place.
    Last edited by souldoubt; 2008-01-29 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Uh... I'm dumb? :P
    Setting: The Chimeric City

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the Calvin avatar, as well as the Pandaren:
    Fear the Panda-Fu!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

((OOC: Yes, you can take 10 on the survival check, although I probably would have just let you wake her.

One question though: I don't remember halflings having lowlight vision per the SRD, and off the top of my head don't recall a change in Races of the Wild. Can you point me to a link?))

As quitely as he can, Relf wakes the others and, with everyone more or less on alert, they turn their attention to the sound to the southwest of the camp. As your eyes all adjust to the moonlight and the glow from the campfire you see movement clear the bushes and a pair of... sticks... start to charge you.

Sticks...

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll init if you would
    (1d20+1)[9]

map will update in a few hours
    Last edited by Zimmia; 2008-01-29 at 06:51 PM.
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

((OOC: I'm makeing the huge assumption that we are all awake and there while we are under attack by... sticks. I feel almost embarassed to attack sticks.))

Spoiler
    Show
    Time for initative (1d20+4)[12]!I assume they get a surprise round. In that case I will just post her being very surpised, 'cause their sticks.

Her sword at the ready and keeping her eyes trained on the bushs, a remarkable feat for a lady who only a few hours ago got distraced by a butterfly and nearly wanderd back into camp, sans the clothes. Letting her eyes focus, feeling very serious, untill two bold as brass sticks leap from the bush and charge.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2008-01-29 at 09:00 PM. Reason: I deleted a roll that was not asked for, it was a spot.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilidan wakes up with Relf's tug and spends a moment reorienting himself.
    Morning already?...no its still night. Then why would...oh. There must be trouble in camp.
    Ilidan slowly leaves his tent, attempting to be seen as little as possible, but though he is clearly realizes the danger present, he seems completely unarmed.

Spoiler
    Show

Hide:[roll]1d20+6[roll](note: I don't no if the creatures can see Ilidan, but he'd try and say out of sight on the off chance that they can't. Plus, I don't even know if there's enough stuff in the way that I could really hide behind, So you may disregard this roll if you don't think it's appropriate. )
    Move silently:[roll]1d20+4[roll]
    Intiative:[roll]1d20+2[roll]
    Spot:[roll]1d20[roll]
    Listen:[roll]1d20+2[roll]
    AC:13 HP:6

Okay, I'm an idiot. I didn't type the roll command in right, so I'm going to roll in the OCC thread and past them into this one.
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2008-01-29 at 09:13 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Hide:(1d20+6)[9]
    Move silently:(1d20+4)[12]
    Intiative:(1d20+2)[3]
    Spot:(1d20)[12]
    Listen:(1d20+2)[13]

These are the roll that are supposed to be in the first post. And the post in the OCC thread.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

"W-what is it?" Gerard grunted as he was shaken awake. Upon his vision clearing enough to see the "keep quiet" gesture from Relf, Gerard slaps a hand over his mouth and nods. As the halfling moves to wake the others, Gerard throws back the winter blanket and prods Black Claw awake with a toe. The badger snuffles in annoyance, although its expression changes to one mimicing human seriousness at a gesture from Gerard: Defend.

With his badger readying itself to defend its master if necessary, the young druid leaps up to his feet. He already loosely holds his short spear and light shield in his hands, and he always slept with his armor on out in the wild: one could never be too careful these days. And this preparation would apparently be needed, as Gerard quickly straps his shield on and looks around for what is approaching the campsite.

At first, Gerard sees nothing, but then two creatures burst from the treeline into the light from the camp fire. Gerard's initial thought upon seeing the creatures is stick, but that certainly doesn't seem right. Of course, there are any number of creatures in nature that disguise themselves as something else, which had to be the case here.

Squinting his eyes, Gerard attempts to get a better look at the creatures, in the hopes that he might recognize them from one of his studies at the grove.

Summary
    - Move Action: Stand Up (round before the sticks appeared, I guess)
    - Standard Action: Ready weapons, shield (round before the sticks appeared)
    - Free Action: Tell Black Claw to Defend Gerard
    - Free Action: Knowledge check: Nature the sticks

Spoiler
    Show

I assume making a Knowledge check is a free action since it doesn't seem to spell it out in the skill description. I only get one try at it anyway.

Gerard's Initiative: (1d20+2)[5]
    Black Claw's Initiative: (1d20+3)[11]
    Knowledge: Nature on sticks (1d20+8)[22]
    Gerard: AC 15 Touch 12 Flat 13, HP 14
    Black Claw: AC 15 Touch 13 Flat 12, HP 10
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed:

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Dagoth's cross bow at the ready, he was armed and already looking for what needed aeration, peering dubiously into the shadows Relf had pointed at.

Sticks?! He thought incredulously.

Loading the first bolt Dagoth either shoots if he is in range, or retreats/moves to Relf's side.

Spoiler
    Show

Dagoth AC 18, Touch 12, Flat-footed 16, HP 12/12

hookay, undisregard this and use these attack rolls if Dagoth is in range :P
    "initiative" - (1d20+5)[23]
    Attack:
    Crossbow,
    Attack (1d20+2)[11]
    Damage (1d10+2)[11]
    Last edited by Arjuna; 2008-01-31 at 05:27 PM.
    Thog: Thog wonders how Thog will cope with life outside Jailhouse walls. Prison changed Thog.
    Elan: We were only in there for forty minutes.
    Thog: Prison changed Thog quickly.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Diago

(OOC: Sorry for a bit of delay.)

"Sticks?" Asked Diago, slightly confused. "We're fighting sticks?" With a slightly sleepy shrug he grabbed his flail and surged forwards. Taking a position between the party and the sticks that would still allow shots to go past. Diago grinned. "I could use a better Flail. Thanks for volunteering some wood." Inwardly he winced. Oh gods that was a lousy taunt. Damn I wish I had my armor on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+4)[18]
    standard action: Grabbing my flail.
    Move action: Moving between the party and the sticks. About 10 foot in front of the party member closest to the sticks. Being careful to stay clear of ranged attacks.(Fast movement.)
    Free action: What the hey, taunting the sticks. Intimidate: (1d20+3)[9]
    Last edited by The Duskblade; 2008-01-31 at 05:30 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

Knocking an arrow to his bow, Relf strafes aside to put himself in a position to line up a good shot. Pulling the bowstring back and drawing a bead on his target, he lets an arrow fly at the mysterious assailants.

Spoiler
    Show

Since waking up my comrades all took place before the Init count began (I'm assuming), I guess it's Relf's turn now.

Free action: drawing an arrow.

Move action: Relf is moving at least 10 feet (and up to 20) to the west, and as far south as necessary to bring himself within 30 feet of the sticks and end up with a clear shot at them. I'm not sure where this will end him up, since I'm not sure where everyone is on the map right now, but I'm going to leave that to our fabulous DM to figure out.

Standard action: Fire at the front stick, or the one to which Relf has the clearest shot.
    Attack - (1d20+6)[18]
    [roll=Crit?]1d20+6[/roll]
    Damage - (1d4)[3]
    Skirmish Damage - (1d6)[6]

EDIT: Okay, that's really strange, for some reason my crit confirmation roll didn't roll, and now it's giving me a "roll count does not match database" error. Looks like it must be an error serverside, since the roll count proceeds: "0, didn't work, 2, 3."

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by souldoubt; 2008-01-31 at 06:22 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fear the Panda-Fu!

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

(psst. Board does not allow you to edit in rolls. Or preview them for that matter.)

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Duskblade View Post
    (psst. Board does not allow you to edit in rolls. Or preview them for that matter.)
    I know. I did neither of those things. As I said in my post edit: it's a serverside error. I think putting punctuation (the "?") in the code screwed up the roll.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fear the Panda-Fu!