New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick: June '05 II

Quote Originally Posted by Gez

It was first edition, like Haley's daddy!

So:
    Durokan is a Magic-User
    Soon is a Samurai (Soon's player was probably a munchkin)
    Serini is a Thief (she says rogue because nobody wants to acknowledge being a thief)
    Lirian is a Druid or a Priestess. The forest stuff could just be because she's, you know, an elf.
    Kraagor indeed looks like a Barbarian.
    Girard is probably a Bard. And if it was indeed a first edition Bard, then he'll be a multiclassed Fighter/Thief/Bard. (Bard was the first prestige class, to become a 1e Bard you needed to start as a Fighter, then multi as a Thief, and only then could you become a bard, gaining access to Druid and Illusionist spells.)

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Winnah is you! Or; I agree wholeheartedly!

Except I still doubt all this talk of Samurai. I put money on them being Rangers or Fighters and the Samurai thing is play on how munchkiny some people are...
    EvilEeyore AntiSocialite

2. - Top - End - #272

Think we will finaly be seeing the OotS tonight?

3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

We will by Monday. More V ;D
    quo nemo sequi potest

4. - Top - End - #274

Hazzaa V!

Um to those who say that the female elf is a Cleric because of her necklese I would like to point out that the Hobgoblin leader also wore one but he was not a Cleric as far as we know.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarenny
    Hazzaa V!

Um to those who say that the female elf is a Cleric because of her necklese I would like to point out that the Hobgoblin leader also wore one but he was not a Cleric as far as we know.
    It wasn't a necklace. It was a Shiny Gold Amulet of Supreme Rulership. ;)

And the new hobgoblin leader has a holy symbol as his necklace.

It's pure speculation, but a typical party needs a cleric, and she's the only one that could be a cleric, since others don't have a holy symbol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Pixie in the Playground

What I wanna know is why Shadow refers to it as Crooked Mountain when the Master of the MBG referred to it as the Redmountain Gate.
    \"First, there was a lot of burning things... temples, towns, guards, stairs, anything that would light really. Then, we raised a vampire god, escaped from prison using an octopus and the Head of Gruumsh. And then we killed Nerull. Somewhere, we lost our cleric.\"&&-Vatagar Campaign, short version

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Different mountain. High level wizards can be wherever they want almost instantaneously...no one ever said Xykon went all the way to Redmountain to fight him.

Or maybe Redmountain is just the proper name of the stronghold.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

8. - Top - End - #278
    Pixie in the Playground

the gate was red... maybe it's the "red" "mountain gate", and each of the others has a different color? maybe?

9. - Top - End - #279
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, despite the wild speculation that is sparked by misreading Rich's strips, the Giant's usually pretty distinct in his wording. The phrased "killed over [something]" tends to mean over ownership. I suppose, since the picture of the battle is of Xykon and Dorukan flying whilst battling, it might mean that Dorukan was killed above Crooked Mountain, but that seems... unnecessarily complicated that Shadow would mention the mountain where Dorukan was killed by Xykon rather than the mountain over which they were fighting.

Also, the Mysterious Master spoke of the Redmountain Gate, not the Red Mountain Gate. It's distinctly Redmountain.

I'm just wondering...
    \"First, there was a lot of burning things... temples, towns, guards, stairs, anything that would light really. Then, we raised a vampire god, escaped from prison using an octopus and the Head of Gruumsh. And then we killed Nerull. Somewhere, we lost our cleric.\"&&-Vatagar Campaign, short version

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

On an entirely different subject. I wonder if Hilgya will be returning to the lines of The Liniar Guild - Remember: Hell hath no fury like that of a woman scorned She just might have a little something to pick with Durkon when she stops crying ;) With her fully embracing Loki's Dark Side, I would think that our stout dwarfen friend should be looking over his shoulder for more than just hostile trees *G*
    - It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. Avatar courtesy of Sneak -

11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze
    On an entirely different subject. I wonder if Hilgya will be returning to the lines of The Liniar Guild - Remember: Hell hath no fury like that of a woman scorned She just might have a little something to pick with Durkon when she stops crying ;) With her fully embracing Loki's Dark Side, I would think that our stout dwarfen friend should be looking over his shoulder for more than just hostile trees *G*
    ag, i'd wish you'd post that in the closed speculation thread, now it'll never happen :(

Spoiler
    Show

-----
    I'm in ur threadz, cimbing ur postz
    Ponti.fex: builder of bridges
    avatars: http://tinyurl.com/khd3y
    I'm so happy I play a no/hardly-any magic setting now...

12. - Top - End - #282
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh ye flippin' gawds, I almost just snorted an entire Cheerio out of my nose along with the milk.

Evilgasm.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe!

Evilgasm.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

he he... "evilgasm"
    I want one of those too ;)

14. - Top - End - #284
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fairome
    Well, despite the wild speculation that is sparked by misreading Rich's strips, the Giant's usually pretty distinct in his wording. The phrased "killed over [something]" tends to mean over ownership.
    No. "Over" meaning "flying over at the time". If I meant what you imply, I would have said "killed in a dispute over Crooked Mountain".

The Redmountain Hills and Crooked Mountain are two distinct and unrelated places. Note that Xykon refers to "drawing Durokan out" from his hiding place in the Redmountain Hills. Also, in the picture showing their duel, the sky is a normal blue rather than the red sky seen above the Redmountain Hills.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

"I think I just had an evilgasm."

*chokes* ROFL :D

16. - Top - End - #286
    Pixie in the Playground

Ah. Thankee sirrah Giant, for the clarification.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Halfling in the Playground

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!! "I think I just had an evilgasm". Priceless. Even "Oh my" was kinda funny. ROFLMFAO!!!!
    I survived the Spam War of 3/18/06. What a nice birthday gift that was....&&&&&&Obey the Call of Narf!!

18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground

:o That is a LOT of Hobgobbos... Nice ;D
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Naruto of the Stick: (Various artists)

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Additionally, you just have to love how Xykon just kinda peeks back in frame when he smells more power.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

*LOL* Now that's funny ;D I'd say that the lord Giant has truly been on a roll for quite a while here *G* - I mean TOotS has always been funny, but he just keeps topping himself *G*

And as for a lot of HobGobboes - with a 300 average pr. legion, we are talking roughly 26.000 gears in the clockwork orange *G* - Hmmm.... Any idea what the average xp is per Hopgoblin?? - Just trying to figure out how Belkar is going to react to the opportunities *L*
    - It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. Avatar courtesy of Sneak -

21. - Top - End - #291
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze
    And as for a lot of HobGobboes - with a 300 average pr. legion, we are talking roughly 26.000 gears in the clockwork orange *G* - Hmmm.... Any idea what the average xp is per Hopgobling - just trying to figure out how Belkar is going to react to the opportunities *L*
    I don't know what Belkar will think, or even if he will get the chance to consider it.

But what I can say is that Redcloak and Xykon will have a lot of minion-sacrificing to do, Xykon for fun and Redcloak becuase he hates severely dislikes Hobos. (Or Hobbos, like, whatever ;))
    The Giant Wrote: I bend the rules when it makes it funny. Accept.

Unrelated to the above:
    I was gone from the forums for seven years, two months and a week. Let's see if I've been reeled back in.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Dwarf in the Playground

XP Value:
    Hobgoblin 35
    Sub-chief 65
    Chief 120

Now that town holds close to a million XP *G* -

Alas - nothing is listed on the Supreme Leader, but then again; that's all in the past *G* I wonder if you get 1/4 xp for using said Hobgoboes for "problemsolving" !?? ;D

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

*giggles* evilgasm!

best...

line...

ever..!

;D

Great stuff - the OotS are in for a surprise me thinks ;) Does 3.5 have overbearing rules?
    Avatar by Sneak (a long, long time ago)

What Hayley Said

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sc00by

Great stuff - the OotS are in for a surprise me thinks ;) Does 3.5 have overbearing rules?
    Well - I am pretty sure that Roy sees it as a rule that for the sake of the party, he has to be overbearing when it comes to Elan *G*

25. - Top - End - #295
    Barbarian in the Playground

I hate love to be a nitpick, but a 300-goblin legion is a pretty paltry one. The Roman legion at its height nominally consisted of 6000 people, the actual number usually closer to 4800. Caesar used smaller legions, around 3600 soldiers in each.

So even with all 87 hobgoblin legions taken together, about 5 Roman legions could match them. With gusto.

So the point of this post is... well, yeah. Romans (and by extension, all humans) are leet and kick puny hobgobbo ass.
    "I had thought - I had been told - that a 'funny' thing is a thing of goodness. It isn't. Not ever is it funny to the person it happens to. Like that sheriff without his pants. The goodness is in the laughing. I grok it is a bravery... and a sharing... against pain and sorrow and defeat."

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Premier
    I hate love to be a nitpick, but a 300-goblin legion is a pretty paltry one. The Roman legion at its height nominally consisted of 6000 people, the actual number usually closer to 4800. Caesar used smaller legions, around 3600 soldiers in each.

So even with all 87 hobgoblin legions taken together, about 5 Roman legions could match them. With gusto.

So the point of this post is... well, yeah. Romans (and by extension, all humans) are leet and kick puny hobgobbo ass.
    Actually - The lt Hobgobbo only stated that there were 300 in Legion One - it might be that they matched the roman numerals before Xykon started his problemsolving ;D

27. - Top - End - #297
    Barbarian in the Playground

ROFLMAO that is now my favorite word: evilgasm! That comic was pure gold
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

28. - Top - End - #298
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Premier
    I hate the disagree, but... Hobbos rule. Give me hobgoblin fighters over Roman legionnaires any day of the local equivalent of the week.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Pixie in the Playground

OK, we're all in agreement that there are a lot of Hobgobs down in that valley.

Question for consideration:
    Technically, those Hobgobs work for Redcloak, who works for Xykon.

What if Redcloak decides he doesn't WANT to work for Xykon anymore?

Does Xykon have enough throw weight to deal with umpteen legions of minions that Redcloak could throw at him?

Old age and treachery will always triumph over youth and enthusiasm

30. - Top - End - #300

SamuraiGuy

Raises a question: Can a cohort have the Leadership feat? Therefore forming a chain by which you could recruit an army, otherwise limited to a coupla hundred doods.

E.g. Xykon. Cohort Redcloak.

Redcloak. Cohort "Supreme Leader" hobgob.

"SL" hobgob. Cohort hobgob general (or whatever).

etc. Of course maybe they're not covered by the cohort/follower rules at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic_Avenger View Post
    Trust me, Ikkitosen knows what he's talking about.