New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick: June '05 II

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkitosen
    Raises a question: Can a cohort have the Leadership feat? Therefore forming a chain by which you could recruit an army, otherwise limited to a coupla hundred doods.

E.g. Xykon. Cohort Redcloak.

Redcloak. Cohort "Supreme Leader" hobgob.

"SL" hobgob. Cohort hobgob general (or whatever).

etc. Of course maybe they're not covered by the cohort/follower rules at all.
    The Giant Wrote: I bend the rules when it makes it funny. Accept. ;)
    - It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. Avatar courtesy of Sneak -

2. - Top - End - #302
    Pixie in the Playground

Allow me to get my geek on.. ;)

50 1/2 CR Hobgoblins = CR 9
    6 9 CR Hobgroups = CR 14
    or
    10 9 CR Hobgroups = CR 16 (Thats 500 Hobs)

So the entire CR for 21k Hobgoblins is around 27. If they all come at once. :D So he could probably take a single legion, by the book, but if the Order beat him then the whole Hobgoblin army would give him some trouble.
    In the words of Socrates - \"I drank what?\"

3. - Top - End - #303
    Pixie in the Playground

That is a lot of minions...makes me wonder how many other ways Xylon and Redcloak will sacrifice them...

How many portals do they have left to explore?

Regards,

Matt M McElroy
    "What Are You Afraid Of?"
    http://www.flamesrising.com
    That plan for world domination didn\'t work for Pinky & The Brain, what makes you think it\'ll work for you?

4. - Top - End - #304
    Pixie in the Playground

Got to love the phrase "I think I just had a evilgasm" LOL I just can't stop laughing
    Q:What do you call a elf that is half elf half dragon?&&A: A ElfDragon duh!

5. - Top - End - #305
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Matt-M-McElroy
    That is a lot of minions...makes me wonder how many other ways Xylon and Redcloak will sacrifice them...

How many portals do they have left to explore?

Regards,

Matt M McElroy
    Xykon stated that there were 5 gates, so with Dorukan and Lirian down that leaves Kraagor, Girard and our Master of the Blue - Soon :)
    - It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. Avatar courtesy of Sneak -

6. - Top - End - #306
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, now that was just awesome...
    evilgasm...

beauty...
    "I can't help it if I'm the biggest and the strongest. I don't even excercise." Fezzik, The Princess Bride avvy by Peregrine

7. - Top - End - #307
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_The_Mad
    OK, we're all in agreement that there are a lot of Hobgobs down in that valley.

Question for consideration:
    Technically, those Hobgobs work for Redcloak, who works for Xykon.

What if Redcloak decides he doesn't WANT to work for Xykon anymore?

Does Xykon have enough throw weight to deal with umpteen legions of minions that Redcloak could throw at him?
    He wouldn't need to. Xykon's the simple type. He'd just kill Redcloak. And Redcloak knows this.

Besides, the last time where I saw thousands of low-level characters sent against a high-level character, the only result was lots of low-level corpses.
    I am... no one.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Halfling in the Playground

Yup, same thing happened in my campaign. 50 or so gnomes vs. us. Our wizard cast fireball and killed 48 of them. They all fell like dominos. That was a good day. ;D

Anyway, back to the comic. That is a lot of minions, probably way too many for the OotS to take down. This could lead to some very good battlescenes.

Pokemon Pearl: 5455-5864-6503

9. - Top - End - #309
    Bugbear in the Playground

Actually I was thinking "Where is the 'ding' for redcloak?" It appears when he became supreme leader of the hobgoblins he "defeated" quite a bit more hobgoblins than he thought he did....

10. - Top - End - #310
    Pixie in the Playground

'Evilgasm' gets my vote for best word ever. I was seriously cracking up when I read that. Great job!

11. - Top - End - #311
    Dwarf in the Playground

One might wonder if the the real Supreme Leader http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/Gian...tscript?SK=149 has crawled under a rock, or if he will be stirring up trouble for our two favourite bad guys in the city ;)

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mage
    Our wizard cast fireball and killed 48 of them. They all fell like dominos. That was a good day. ;D
    Could be an excuse for Roy to show us some more of his 'great cleavage' too ;D
    Avatar by Sneak (a long, long time ago)

What Hayley Said

13. - Top - End - #313
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm sorry but "Roy has boobies" is without a doubt the BEST line in history.... ever...

Who want's the giant to write a dictionary entry for "Evilgasm"? I do! I do!
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Naruto of the Stick: (Various artists)

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTheBard
    I'm sorry but "Roy has boobies" is without a doubt the BEST line in history.... ever...
    Whatever happend with the poison that Belkar lifted off that trap ? Considering that he thinks V a pompus jackass for mentioning that (s)he hirself defeated the dragon alone, I hope for his own sake that he doesn't plot a less than subtle revenge in that department - if he were to try, I am pretty sure we see a lizard with a bad temper and hairy feet ;D Pretty funny mental image, actually *G*

15. - Top - End - #315
    Halfling in the Playground

Loved it. I like seeing Redcloak starting to have minons.

"is there anything sacrificing minons can't solve" is one of my favorite lines, however. :D
    .sig offline

16. - Top - End - #316
    Pixie in the Playground

I wonder what the next gate will look like and how many Hobgoblins they'll sacrifice in order to get inside. Which further leads me to wonder just how many will be left by the time the OotS meets up with Xylon & Redcloak again...

Any ideas as to what Xylon is going to do with the flying zombie he created a couple strips ago? With an army the size of this one, just what will be the best use of his sleeping beast and other minions...

So, is "Lieutenant Guy" the former leader of the Hobgoblins?

Regards,

Matt M McElroy
    That plan for world domination didn\'t work for Pinky & The Brain, what makes you think it\'ll work for you?

17. - Top - End - #317
    Pixie in the Playground

Rich, I insist that you warn me before posting anything as funny as "evilgasm" again. Explaining to your co-workers why you're laughing like a hyena is embarrassing, okay?

18. - Top - End - #318
    Barbarian in the Playground

So even with all 87 hobgoblin legions taken together, about 5 Roman legions could match them. With gusto.
    More like 1 Roman legion since hobgoblins are pansies.

Anyway, "evilgasm" was really funny and I think 88 legions of 300 hobgoblins each might mildly inconvenience the Order of the Stick for a few minutes.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

19. - Top - End - #319
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze

Xykon stated that there were 5 gates, so with Dorukan and Lirian down that leaves Kraagor, Girard and our Master of the Blue - Soon :)
    What if Soon was just another guy and the mysterious blue guy is someone else? Don't go off randomly assuming things else the Giant will change his plotline because you were so arrogant to assume who is what.

:)

If you check the FAQ, he mentions that if someone predicts something he's going to do, even if he's correct or hasn't planned it out yet, he has a strong urge to do something different just to prove you wrong.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adghar
    What if Soon was just another guy and the mysterious blue guy is someone else? Don't go off randomly assuming things else the Giant will change his plotline because you were so arrogant to assume who is what.

If you check the FAQ, he mentions that if someone predicts something he's going to do, even if he's correct or hasn't planned it out yet, he has a strong urge to do something different just to prove you wrong.
    I do indeed remember Lord Giant penning words along those lines, good sir - And as I recall he furthermore stated that due to such, he did not read the posts too closely (though the recent activity of the Giants pen in this board does suggest otherwise). Still - I would not consider my musings to be mere "random assumptions" as you put it. Though I may be far from right, given the present information, said conclusions build on logic :-)

21. - Top - End - #321

Quote Originally Posted by Adghar

First of all it is not belived that Soon is the blue guy(he's to old) it is belived that he is the blue guys master. Second its not ramdom. Same boots same cloak and he was a freind of Dorken(or what ever) giving him a good reason to send a blue Sameri guy after them.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

evilgasm
    i couldnt sleep after that one!

23. - Top - End - #323
    Pixie in the Playground

Really amazes me how people will keep posting 'spoilers' on here, as many times as the Giant has said that it (understandably) damages the plot line of the comic.
    Really does...

24. - Top - End - #324
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin
    Really amazes me how people will keep posting 'spoilers' on here, as many times as the Giant has said that it (understandably) damages the plot line of the comic.
    Really does...
    Spoilers? What spoilers?

Spoilers are pieces of known information about the story that will "spoil" it for others. It's like telling someone that Darth Vader is Luke's father before they've seen any of the Star Wars movies; it kills the climax.

What's happening here is people speculating and drawing logical conclusions based on the clues that Rich has already given in the story. We don't really know any more about what's going to happen in the future than the next guy, so we can't spoil the story, at least not for anyone who has read all the strips up to this point. We might spoil something for people who still need to start from #1, but should they be reading these threads yet?
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!" -- Conan, on what is best in life

"A good plan, executed violently now, is better than a perfect plan next week." -- George S. Patton, Jr.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Runolfr

Spoilers? What spoilers?

Spoilers are pieces of known information about the story that will "spoil" it for others. It's like telling someone that Darth Vader is Luke's father before they've seen any of the Star Wars movies; it kills the climax.
    That why Penguin wrote "'spoilers'" instead of "spoilers"...

26. - Top - End - #326
    Pixie in the Playground

*laughs* i had thought you had written the same thing twice for amusement value and to confuse.. which it did for me..

and throwing guesses around isn't really spoiling it if you add in guesses that are way off just to throw everyone else off.. like..

the twin weilding henchmen is actually roy's alterego to punish everyone for not being lawful good.. or.. belkars human brother from another mother....

He waited.. like he had through my silences through out the night. But then so did Hecate and eternity. Everything that mattered waited. -karen michalson, Hecate's Glory

27. - Top - End - #327
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Runolfr

Spoilers? What spoilers?

What's happening here is people speculating and drawing logical conclusions based on the clues that Rich has already given in the story. We don't really know any more about what's going to happen in the future than the next guy, so we can't spoil the story, at least not for anyone who has read all the strips up to this point. We might spoil something for people who still need to start from #1, but should they be reading these threads yet?
    The point is that posting these predictions, IF they prove to be accurate, can end up messing up our story as Rich alters things to avoid matching up with what we say. And that's bad. Story is paramount. We MUST NOT mess with the story.
    I am... no one.

28. - Top - End - #328

But with Soon he left some preety big hints. I think he wanted us to find out

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by A Pet Rock
    or.. belkars human brother from another mother....
    That would make him...half-halfling?

30. - Top - End - #330
    Orc in the Playground

Oh dear, thems a lot of hobgobbies...
    I have a webcomic about a commando and a bear! Jack & Voytek