New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick: June '05 II

I myself doubt the halfling in question is in any way related to OoTS. It simply doesn't make any sense. But if the plot was revised to include it, it could be anything.

In case you're wondering, Dianetics is the opposite of any form of clear thought.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Could always be xylons own journal -- would be interesting if he was a thief in life and only became a sorcerer after becoming a lich... Would explain his strong bluff/intimidation/etc type of skills.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the Tome of Mighty Google contains nothing about this "Serini Toormuck", so I'm thinking the Giant made him/her up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Pixie in the Playground

This comic just keeps getting better and better. :)

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Gez
    Yay! Just in time before I go to bed!

I figure the grey dragon was a Silver. And there are still hogboblins around, impressive work! Though the metallics are rather weak for their size, compared to the chromatics (because they're bigger for the same age category, so for the same size category, they're younger).

I like the comparison between the "Tome of Clear Thoughts" and "Dianetics"! Though, to be honest, "Dianetics" does hold the secret to ruling the world, too... (Or at least, a very big cult present everywhere in the world.)
    It's more the secret to untold riches. If you want wealth, start a religion.

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by Niall Stick Paladin
    The first thought that popped into my head was Regis the Halfling and his powerful friends Drizzt, Wulfgar, Cattie-Brie and Bruenor form the Crystal Shard and all the early Icewind Dale Trilogy.
    ... and a total of four other series...(seventeen books, all of which I own) ;)

Quote Originally Posted by silvadel
    Could always be xylons own journal -- would be interesting if he was a thief in life and only became a sorcerer after becoming a lich... Would explain his strong bluff/intimidation/etc type of skills.
    Wouldn't explain though why he was NEVER A HALFLING!

Also, I think we're gonna' be seeing some of the Linear Guild soon. Also, I doubt we'll be seeing any more of Xykon and Co. for a while.
    Awesome avatar by potatocubed.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Pixie in the Playground

Don't suppose any of you with fancy anagram programs have tried figuring out if her/his name is an anagram for anything...
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Pixie in the Playground

Yes. Yes it is.

No. I don't know what yet

Rune Took Crimes?
    Rookies Rum Neck?
    In Trucker Moose?
    O Mink Court Seer?
    Sire Moon Tucker?
    Cue Stinker Room?
    \"Eternal vigilence is the price of freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose\"&&&&-josh k

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

Perhaps this halfling Toormuck was once a companion of Dourkon himself! Then it would only stand to reason that Toormuck would write about all the things Dourkon did to hide and protect those gates.

Still, I have a hard time explaining how the Shadowed Monster would recognize Dourkon.
    \"Your approval fills me with shame.\" -Roy

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by silvadel
    In the flashback (can't remember which strip) of where it shows Roy's dad in a magic or possibly glass dome or something, with his mentor and Xykon fighting, and the mentor dying, Xykon is magic user and alive. Though it is possible that Xykon took a few levels of Rogue, it is very unlikely given Xykon's magical ability at the time of the fight (in order to kill Greenhilt's mentor) so I would rule out it being Xykon's journal.

That and a BIG point... Xykon isn't a halfling!

There IS a character who could take over the world we've seen before... ODIN! (And his Son Thor)

Ed: That first frame jogged my memory too! Page 85 of the Monster Manual 3.5e.

Orc/Hobgoblin 1: Shh! we can sneak past it, it'll never know!

Orc/Hobgoblin 2: Hehe, stoopid dragon...

Gold Dragon: WTF!?
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Naruto of the Stick: (Various artists)

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTheBard
    There IS a character who could take over the world we've seen before... ODIN! (And his Son Thor)
    Don't forget Banjuhlu!
    <link rel="signature" type="text/hilarious" href="/funnysig.txt" />

12. - Top - End - #162
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

&quot;...are key to our overarching plotline. I mean, Villainous Plan.&quot;

Normally, breaking the fourth wall is amusing. Only in OOTS is it hilarious!
    save your fears
    for the day
    when our pain is far behind
    on your feet
    come with me
    we are soldiers stand or die

save your fears
    take your place
    save them for the judgement day
    fast and free
    follow me
    time to make the sacrifice
    we rise or fall

13. - Top - End - #163
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unpleasant
    The diary contains valuable information, a secret weakness or incriminating evidence.
    Pretty much what I was thinking.
    &quot;Is that who I think it is?&quot;
    &quot;Yes the queen of the most powerful elven nation in all the world!&quot;
    &quot;... And it's in the 'scandalous love affairs' section of the book too.&quot;
    &quot;Blackmail isn't just an opportunity for terrible armour name puns you know.&quot;
    You deserve a break.
    But today is the hammer.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by phlip
    Don't forget Banjuhlu!
    And all the other gods of course.

(Though, I am currently invisioning several &quot;Belkar...I am your mother&quot; moments. :-P .... or father.)

15. - Top - End - #165
    Pixie in the Playground

Don't suppose any of you with fancy anagram programs have tried figuring out if her/his name is an anagram for anything...
    I thought about trying that, but one problem reared its ugly head: none of the anagram websites out there have fantasy character names in their dictionaries. Could always try doing it by hand, though...

Not anyone we have met yet. It is whoever the employer of the cloaked Samurai is.
    To quote the great sage and eminent philosopher Thog the Barbarian: Thog reluctantly forced to agree.
    I always lie in my .sigs.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Pixie in the Playground

Y'know, I was just re-reading the comics, and...in comic #9, Elan took the girdle of feminity/masculinity. I wonder what he did with it? ???

Put it on V-man, Elan!

Also, in note to the current comics, I'm a believer that stick-Szass Tam will pop up. Dual liches!
    I\'m soft spoken. . . . .

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

Might want to watch it there. The Church of Scientology is very lawsuit-happy.
    (Of course, I still think Rich is justified is poking fun at them.)

18. - Top - End - #168
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

We already know what the book is. it's the diary of a halfling thief/rogue.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

May I compliment Redcloak for his remarkable grammar in the last panel?

Now I just have to figure out how knowing who the halfling's pal was will help them. I mean, say she was close to Thor. How does this help you if she's been dead for decades?

I can't say that she is dead, though one would have to wonder if she'd part with her diary otherwise. I'm also curious as to why Xykon knew enough to know that the diary contained such valuable information, but still needed the diary.

I suppose it works if the diary also contains the means to make that information relevant. I think I'll leave the thought at that.
    optimization n : a source of missed opportunity

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

There must be a connection between the Dungeon of Durokan and the halfling's friend, seeing as it's key to Xykon's 'villainous plan'.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Xykon's age might help work this out. He has been a Lich for 30 years, he was an old(ish) man when he fought the mentor of Daddy Greenhilt and so id say roughly 60.

In one of the ghostly visit comics, Roy's dad says &quot;Oh right, he's a skeleton i&quot; implying he must have been human for a while whilst Roy's dad was avenging him etc. Say 10 years has past? That makes Xykon 100 approx. Bearing in mind he's a human of that time, thats quite a long time.

I'm guessing he didn't even know of the halfling for the first 20 years and when he did it took him about 5 to find the halfling and it's diary. That halfling would already be adult, so is in the next 75 years probably going to be dead.
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Naruto of the Stick: (Various artists)

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke
    Right idea. Not entirely true, or your wording is slightly misleading. You run away from the encounter, no xp. It's any encounter that you overcome, not just one that you face. The method you overcome it doesn't matter though.
    No, it is entirely true - I think you maybe didn't read carefully. As I said, you have to deal with the encounter. If you ran away, you didn't.

23. - Top - End - #173

Quote Originally Posted by Circon
    Might want to watch it there. The Church of Scientology is very lawsuit-happy.
    (Of course, I still think Rich is justified is poking fun at them.)
    Please tell me that page is a joke. Intergalactic Walrus? Blowing up souls with hydrogen bombs?

Just when I thought I was beginning to see a limit to the stupidity of humanity...
    --wm

24. - Top - End - #174

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_mage
    Please tell me that page is a joke. Intergalactic Walrus? Blowing up souls with hydrogen bombs?

Just when I thought I was beginning to see a limit to the stupidity of humanity...
    There is no limit man. Humanity as a whole sucks. Only idividurals are smart.

Anyone want to take a last guess on who the Diary guy is we should do it know. We have like 5 or 8 hours depending.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

That's assuming we find out tomorrow. It'd be just like Rich to shift back to LG or OotS for a few frames.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Glyphstone
    That's assuming we find out tomorrow. It'd be just like Rich to shift back to LG or OotS for a few frames.
    Yeah, and he said we would get back to the Order before #200, but he didn't specify how long before #200.

27. - Top - End - #177

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarenny

There is no limit man. Humanity as a whole sucks. Only idividurals are smart.

Anyone want to take a last guess on who the Diary guy is we should do it know. We have like 5 or 8 hours depending.

I predict it has nothing to do with Durokan, Belkar, or anyone as of yet introduced.

Wait, it may involve the Creature in Shadow. Maybe.
    EvilEeyore AntiSocialite

28. - Top - End - #178

Well, you know what I think it is?
    After a while, my Monty Python experience has tought me that, when you don't know what to expect.. what comes?

The Spanish Inquisition.

Why? Because nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

So? Whenever there's something to be expected, I think of the Spanish Inquisitiion....

I'm a geek you know... ;D
    Don\'t think twice it\'s all right.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by evileeyore

I predict it has nothing to do with Durokan, Belkar, or anyone as of yet introduced.

Wait, it may involve the Creature in Shadow. Maybe.
    its a mirror
    Spoiler
    Show

-----
    I'm in ur threadz, cimbing ur postz
    Ponti.fex: builder of bridges
    avatars: http://tinyurl.com/khd3y
    I'm so happy I play a no/hardly-any magic setting now...

30. - Top - End - #180

Waiting, waiting, waiting........... for the next strip that probably wont even finish the clifhanger