New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Default Re: Eberron: Entrance to Adventure [IC]

Seeing a chance to learn what is going on Cymran joins Micheal at his 'pet.'

Dropping his disguse so Micheal will know who he is he asks the paladin, "WHAT HAPPENED!" his voice urgent but not very loud.

2. - Top - End - #242

Micheal

We were threatened by some sailors, Noname over-reacted with lethal force and now the police are involved. I'm just on my way to get Solomon and then go back.
    Currently playing as:
    Eodrick, LG Dwarven Urban Ranger

Avatar is Balthazar, a currently retired character, by Shades of Grey

Vaulthfaer, a 4E Campaign Setting

3. - Top - End - #243

Cymran

It takes a bit for the info to sink in. From the distance in the rain he couldn't make out who was who exactly. The guards were recognizable, so was Noname. There were three others. Whom he couldn't make out. Given that one of his party was a shapeshifter and the other might have gift or magic like he did, meant that there was at least one unknown if not three.

"How many of our team is here and what is our plan."
    Last edited by estradling; 2008-06-05 at 09:38 AM.

4. - Top - End - #244

Micheal

Jinna, Limna, myself, and Noname are all present. As is John, who helped out somewhat in the situation.
    Currently playing as:

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Limna

Limna looks at John with an irresistible mixture of admiration and shyness, then looks over at Jinna and waits until no one is looking, then smiles.

Limna surveys the scene, unsure of what is happening next.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Bugbear in the Playground

The authorities are busy hauling off bodies and interviewing other witnesses. Noname cuts a tragic figure, ignored, face down in the rain.

OOC: I think Michael was still going to make a statement. You are free to go. It is mid afternoon.

So... what is your next move?
    Business Trip 6/7 - 6/18. I'll try to keep up.
    Gwydr

7. - Top - End - #247

Micheal

Micheal went to fetch Solomon and returns to Noname's location, as it is the scene of the crime--and where the authorities were the last time he knew.

Where'd everyone go? Did they just leave you here?
    Currently playing as:

8. - Top - End - #248

((Sorry, that was misleading. They're still there, around and are doing things, but they haven't hauled him off yet, nor even ordered him to his feet.))
    Gwydr

9. - Top - End - #249
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Limna

Making certain to draw as little attention from the guards as possible, Limna hooks her arm around John's and strides over to where Jinna is (gently dragging the Artificer along), a sheepish smile on her face.

Look, Jinn. I found a replacement for Noname. He won't go berserk on us I don't think. Shall we get going? I think I saw the other guy in our group... what was his name? Cymran, I think? back there in the crowd. Perhaps we should regroup and decide what we're doing now...

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Jinna

Jinna glances over John briefly. She hadn't missed Limna's impressed look earlier, and had to admit that while she was ignorant in magical matters, his diagnosis of the warforged had sounded pretty good to her. To the guardsman, too, apparently, and more importantly to Limna. That's right, she's been interested in that sort of stuff lately; warforged and magewrights and the like.

More to the point, his response to a rampaging warforged was to draw a weapon and try to stop it, which was probably brave but also rather stupid in her view. That was precisely the sort of person she needed right about now, though, and probably the only sort of person willing to hire on and go pirate hunting. She gives Limna a tiny approving nod.

"Sergeant," she calls, raising her voice enough to be heard over the rain and stepping towards Shiraga, "if you have no further need of us, we'll be taking our leave now."
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Limna

Before anyone else is drawn into the conversation and using John as cover, Limna resumes her usual appearance: white skin, raven-black hair, and a couple of inches taller than before. She pulls her hood back and looks at John with a broad smile. If he looks or acts surprised, she winks and brings a finger up to her mouth asking for discretion.

I like black hair better, she whispers. I hope you do, too.

12. - Top - End - #252

Cymran

The young man was going to follow up with Micheal about what it looked like the others were planning to do about Noname, but the Warforged was already moving back. Cymran didn't think it was wise to talk about what they might be planning where the guards might over hear them.

So he followed along as Micheal went back to Noname.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    How does Michael know John's name? John just assumed that the group knew his name since Jinna seemed to know that he was a mercenary/adventurer(I know that she thought she was lying, but John doesn't).

John follows Limna's lead, and when she says he probably won't go berserk he says sardonically, "Well, I'll do my best. No promises if we run into a lot of stupid people." Once she changes, he opens his mouth to ask her something, then closes it when she puts her finger to hers and just nods his agreement to keep her race a secret. Well, I've found work, the leader's got a good head on her shoulders, there's a smart girl whose favorite shape is pretty cute who doesn't know that I'm a complete *******. This job's going to make Xen'drik look like a petting zoo, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

14. - Top - End - #254

Micheal

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+2)[3] Spot
    (1d20+2)[22] Sense Motive

I don't remember which you wanted.

OOC: If Noname isn't there by himself, lets assume he didn't talk to Noname as above. also, I forgot OOC and IC knowledge when he was talking to Cymran. So, re-do!

To Cymran:

Well, it's Noname, myself, one of the girls from earlier, another woman who was helping out but sounded familiar, and a man who suggested that Noname might be...broken. I suppose you could say insane would be an accurate term as well. In any case, we can discuss it more at length later. For now we should help the authorities take care of this mess in the most fair and efficient way possible.

When he returns he goes up to the warden--or highest ranking officer if the warden is not present.

I believe you wanted my official statement, I'm ready to give that at any time. Has any recommendation been made about his sentence or treatment?

Is there anyway I can help?
    Currently playing as:

15. - Top - End - #255

Quote Originally Posted by Karaswanton View Post
    Well, it's Noname, myself, one of the girls from earlier, another woman who was helping out but sounded familiar, and a man who suggested that Noname might be...broken. I suppose you could say insane would be an accurate term as well. In any case, we can discuss it more at length later. For now we should help the authorities take care of this mess in the most fair and efficient way possible.

Cymran
    "Right... of course." The young man kept his voice neutral. He should have known better then to ask Micheal that type of question. It was time to find the others and really figure things out. With that as his plan he goes looking for his non-insane teammates.

16. - Top - End - #256

"Has any recommendation been made about his sentence or treatment?"
    "That's above my pay grade. It's disgustingly common for criminals to claim diabolic influence. But they rarely seem this broken, and warforged are terrible fakers."

"A lot hinges on what Cannith finds out. At the very least he'll have to make reparations. At worst... well, you know the worst."
    Last edited by Maurkov; 2008-06-09 at 03:18 PM.
    Gwydr

17. - Top - End - #257

Micheal

Yes, we do tend to be more straightforward which results in most of us being bad liars. There are worse qualities to have I suppose.

Anyway..the sailors formed a group and advanced towards us, and made some threatening gestures and said they'd knock us into the water. I got a few punches in, and then this unit here went amok. I was going to use a net until he stood down for some reason.

I assume you are going to take him to a holding cell or to a Cannith guidlhouse for inspection..do you need any help with that?
    Last edited by Karaswanton; 2008-06-11 at 10:51 PM.
    Currently playing as:

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Limna

Limna pulls at John's arm and glances at Jinna with discreet urgency.

Let's go before Micheal gets us all committed to dragging Noname down to the Canniths... This is making me uncomfortable.

With that she makes a motion to leave without letting go of John's arm. She pulls her hood down to cover half her face, still leaning close and putting John between herself and the guards.

19. - Top - End - #259

Shiraga considers Michael's statement. "If you would like, you can press charges against the sailors. I doubt anything will come of it, but it might help your friend when it comes to sentencing.

"Thanks for the offer; I don't think he'll give us any trouble."
    Gwydr

20. - Top - End - #260

Micheal

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Ah. Be careful with him then.

And I don't think I'll press charges. I don't think adding a trial to the wounds the received and the friends they lost would be very just, and it probably wouldn't help him anyway.
    I'll look into it a bit more anyhow. If I change my mind I'll stop by.

I think my associates want to be going now../COLOR]

With that Micheal re-joins the group, and motions that they should go.
    Currently playing as:

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Something occurs to John, and although he briefly considers not acting on it, he turns to face Jinna(but not enough to stop covering Limna) and quietly says "You might want to tell Noname that he's allowed to speak to his lawyer and to do what his lawyer says."
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

22. - Top - End - #262

Once the group has finished with the watchman, and he with them, they can retire to a public house and share information.

It is early evening. Seaward on the lower levels, morning and late afternoon are as bright as it gets, and now the sun is lancing through the windows of the common room, illuminating the smoke from the table lamps. You're ahead of the dinner rush, though, and take a choice location flanking the window, near the readied but unlit fireplace.

((If anyone is deliberately withholding info, say so. Otherwise, you're all caught up and can get on with planning.))
    Gwydr

23. - Top - End - #263

Cymran

OOC: Sounds like we skipped over the intros... which is fine with me...

IC: Cymran turns to the new guy, "So now you know what we are up against. So I think it is now fair to ask, before we begin planning, if this is something you really want to be involved in. I am reasonably sure we could get you Noname's share. Assuming of course everyone else is agreeable?"

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Limna

Sitting next to John, Limna can't help giving Cymran a frowning glare when he questions the newcomer. She lets her eyes trail off, surveying the room, until they find Jinna. she looks back at Cymran.

I think John has proven that he's got what it takes, and the fact that he's here proves he's willing to come. He's in as far as I am concerned.

Limna looks at Jinna expectantly.

((OoC: So, I understand from DM's post and the ensuing silence that everyone has shared their info on what's going on? Has Cymran told the rest of us what he found out during his interviewing Aelowim?))

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Jinna

Jinna nods, and informs the warforged that if he received a barrister, the barrister should be considered an ally above him in the chain of command. And if he doesn't get an honest barrister... well, he's no worse off than he would have been not listening to the barrister at all.

At the table, Jinna leans back and listens intently to the information, briefly filling John in on what they were doing—pirate removal—and considering their next move. "We heard some of that. Sounds like they have some kind of locating and warning magic on their hands, which'd explain why they've avoided running into a hold full of soldiers so far." She turns her head to look at John, waiting for him to say something for himself before giving her opinion.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

26. - Top - End - #266

Micheal

Yes. I think researching the spell might be the next step. That or planning an attack and worrying about the spell when it comes. The are pirates after all, and we've been delayed enough already. Besides, it might be best if we skip town after today's incident..
    Currently playing as:

27. - Top - End - #267

Cymran

"That kind of detection magic would be hard to get around, but according to Aelowim's story it doesn't include detecting valuable cargo. And the whole stopping the ship dead in the water, didn't seem to be directly controlled by the pirates in the ship. This makes me think their are two distinct subgroups to these pirates. The real power and the cannon fodder."

28. - Top - End - #268

Micheal

Perhaps the pirates have made a pact with some underwater power?
    Currently playing as:

29. - Top - End - #269

Micheal

Seeing no one else has any comments, Micheal falls to the paladin standby: Action.

Well, I for one am sick of doing nothing while pirates patrol the waters. I say we go immediately.

With that, Micheal gathers his possessions, mounts Solomon and goes off.
    Currently playing as:

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Limna

Limna gets off her seat and crosses the room after Micheal, trying to stop him.

Micheal, wait... we're all in this together, no? please don't go like that. We're far more likely to find those pirates and stand a chance if we work together. Look what happened to Noname - I'd hate to see the same happen to you if you take a bad turn on your own.

Limna looks over at John and Jinna over Micheal's shoulder, looking small and frail next to the Warforged.