New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A Long Strange Trip, II: Journey to the Furthest Realms!

The Stranger walks into the room and pulls a seemingly random map off a shelf. He looks at it for a bit, nods, and puts it back. He then pulled out a whole bunch of them and started browsing, still not really paying attention to the others (or was he?).
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Hans

The strange man scratched his head with a mailed fist -which actually involved much more scratching his hand than his scalp- as he stared at Gwen. His face twisted up in confusion, "I wasn't aware Sigil had any surrounding countryside. I thought it was just city, more city, and even more city in the shape of something delicious while being quite airborne."
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Gwen

There is always something surrounding any city. Whether it be ground, air, or water and what the people in charge of this city consider the boundaries, may differ from the actual boundaries of the city. I would prefer to see any maps of the city and any surroundings.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vehili
    "There are the outlands, yes, but not surrounds in the way you think there are."

Vehili glides casually around the room, enjoying the resonance of the magic presence.

"Very well, where are the uncharted portals you want us to find?"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

Othello casts an almost uncertain glare at Vehili.

Think about the words you just said, then consider asking that question again. If they are uncharted, were not going to find them in here. What we are looking for is a map which shows every door in this city. While it may be a floating pastry to some, Sigil is actually a very intricate thing. As you all know for a portal to work, there must be a door. A door that can be locked, or a door that can at least be opened and closed, albeit that requires much more potent magic to use. The idea with Sigil is that, there are so many doors, a portal can really be opened any where.

Othello digs through papers on the desk he's behind and pulls out a specific one.

Here, look at this map.

As you look over at the map, you all circle around the desk, you see moving figures on it. The majority of them are little round dots, that you realize are the inhabitants. But you also see several swinging lines, like they are on a hinge. You realize that these are doors that are being used as portals.

What we need to do is examine each of these doors. Then we will find out were they lead from. It will be a tedious task, but with the risk of not knowing where any door will lead us, it's definitly something we need to take caution of.

Othello once again pulls out the large keychain. He looks at the hundreds of keys on the ring, and then pulls off two keys.

What I am about to tell you is information you are to tell no one. No one. If it is found that you do, action will be taken against you, and all parties you tell. This first key, (he points to the key on the left, it is a large black skeleton key, you can tell it is very potent magic wise, but none of you can tell what type of magic it is) is the key that is used to permanently close portals. This next key-

Suddenly, an immense explosion is heard and felt. It rocks the building, sending maps flying and knocking over several of the machines. Othello rushes to the door, quickly grabbing the two keys on the table and stowing them in his pockets. He unlocks the door, and opens it to the outside of the building, you all rush out to see what happened and you see chaos. You look to the center of the city and see every door flying open and red-cloaked figures pouring out, masses of them. They pour into the crowds of sigil violently, killing all in their way. You can tell they are making their way to the tower in the center of the city, where the lady of pain resides. They quickly move their way surrounding the tower, as you see the stronger members of Sigil making it to the battle that is now raging in the center of the city. It's an odd site to see angels fighting next to demons, but in Sigil, all are neutral. It is you chance now, party to make your move and prove your might. You look around and before you notice it Othello has disappeared, you look forward to see him moving into the battle. With one hand raised he begins shouting out words of some unknown arcane language, as you see a large ripple blow through the air, causing several of the men in red cloaks to simply disintegrate. He looks back at you, but the you can only see him shouting and pointing towards the tower in the center of the city, the tall green and gold tower, now pulsing an unnatural light. The only thought that crosses your mind is "Hurry!"

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Gwen

Gwen follows Othello, as she gets outside she casts Storm Rage on herself and flies towards the Tower. If any invaders come near her, she will zap them with a lightning bolt.

Rain stays at the PCS and will aid anyone who needs help.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Mitsirugi

Mitsirugi is not impressed by the tons and tons of books. For him, the only diffrence with a library is the diffrence between 'very very much' and 'very very very much'. What are we doing in a library full of maps if the portals are unmapped ...

He listenst to Othello talking about doors and portals but doesn't understand much about it ...

At the same time of the explosion, a thought slips in his head, a agonizing voice screeming 'BATTLE' ... he rushes out, ready again to draw his sword, and then sees the battlefield ... the carnage, death, chaos ... home.

With his 120 ft speed he takes a gaint leap forward. He easely clears distance with the first redcloak, and even leaps the last 80 ft. With a flash he draws his sword (revealing a +3 wounding vorpal, lawfull and good, adamantine Nagamaki ... which is quite strange since the handle needed to grow about 3 or 4 times). In a blink of an eye he makes 3 slashes and a thrust:

During his draw, he strikes (or tries to strike) the critter with a powerfull hit, slashing from the bottom left to the upper right. Then he rotates while the handle of his sword suddenly strinks to what seems to be a katana and then strikes again (a vertical slash through the middle). He's not done yet as his jump is now complete and finds his foothold (putting the enemy on his left side). He rotates again, and slashes with his sword from front-top to back-bottom. As a last part of his kata, he puts his back foot solid on the ground and makes a tsuki (a thrust to the throat) with his katana.
    Yes, tabaxi grappler. It's a thing

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Alucard (TFS): I do things. I take very enthusiastic walks through the woods
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries
    Actually, "(e-1)/e for a limit to infinitiy", but, it's a good rule of thumb

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobalt_Thunderfoot View Post
    What I am about to tell you is information you are to tell no one. No one. If it is found that you do, action will be taken against you, and all parties you tell.
    The Stranger almost laughed at this remark. Almost.
    Telling him not to talk about it was like telling a puddle of water not to burn.

Then there is an explosion. Chaos. The Stranger doesn't even twitch. He calmly walks out into the battlefray, tying a sharp hook to the rope around his shoulders and spinning it round in circles with one hand, while the other pulls his dagger out of his belt. Clouds of smoke pour out of his mouth, in increasingly frequent bursts. Even though he never hurried, he seems to arrive at the battle only seconds later than the others.

His hook spins rounds, slashing into one of the redcloak's throats, while his dagger eviscerates all who come close, cutting through flesh and bone with ease. One of the men in red cloaks makes it all the way to the Stranger, only to stare in his eyes and stop in his tracks. He quickly spins round and jumps his buddies with wild ferocity, tearing at their flesh with his teeth. By the time he realises what he's doing, he himself is sliced open by the Stranger's knife.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

OOC: I genereally like to wait for everyone to reply before I post what's happened.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

((I apologize, I thought I had posted.))

Hans

A bulbous head with shimmering eyes looks through the crowd and despite his massive wings sees a clear path from one place to another. As he moves forward he doesn't so much force his way into the melee as wade through it as though it were a stream rushing by him. After the first step his visage cracks and shifts to take on the appearance of a fearsome devil with a massive bladed hand. The second step takes him forward and to the right to narrowly avoid a cleaving ax that would have surely felled him as it would any tree. His free hand whips back to slap the offender across his face and if nothing else leave a rather obscene bruise upon his cheek.

It was not calm that drove him through the slaughter, for he looked intense as he stared several steps ahead at every passing moment. An explosion of arcane might only narrowly avoided by a step to the left and a swing of a foe into the area of obliteration. An invisible foe from behind is foiled only by a simple tentacle to the eye and a tongue waving at him from a demonic face. Some say it is better to be lucky than good but they've never truly seen the wonders of knowing the outcome in advance to twist events and tempt fate. A particularly well aimed arrow flies through the air and passes right through the poor doppleganger's skull. Not one to be deterred by a slight shift of highly important organs his brain pops back into place with the roof of his mouth glad to have it out of the way. As his brain shifts the hole closes and the Oracle That Said So simply walks on while slapping people with his tentacle and shearing others in half with his other appendage.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

11. - Top - End - #41

((Buh? I haven't posted?

Well, snap.))

Vehili
    "As you wish. Where are maps to the uncharted portals?" responded Vehili, noting that the wizard, for all his brains, had yet to comprehend the ridiculousness of his own statement. Was it possible he did not know the nature of the doors?

Far from the absolute panic the others were in, he simply glided casually towards the tower, snaring a little of the ancient magic as it passed, and maintaining it.

"Not bad at all, wizard." he called up, angling the disintegration so it puttered around him, sustained by the ambient magic so integral to his being, occasionally letting a little of it whizz out and annihilate some wayward intruder to his personal space. At other times, an ill-aimed spell would come hurtling his way, and he would kindly return it to the sender.

What else to expect from a being whose alignment was Lawful Abjuration?

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pingcode20 View Post
    Far from the absolute panic the others were in, he simply glided casually towards the tower, snaring a little of the ancient magic as it passed, and maintaining it.
    ((Absolute panic? I explicitly wrote my character was very calm. In fact, it's pretty much impossible for him to panic... ))

13. - Top - End - #43

Vehili
    Well, the absolute panic of those who were making themselves obvious through their absolute panic.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zydrunas

While it may appear that Zyrdunas was in absolute panic through his gratuitous hand motions and maniacal gestures, the prophet was in fact summoning his power of perversion. With one large step, he heaved his tome from his back and it landed upon the room floor, opening to the twelve-thousand and tenth page. A page of this book, predicting this very incident, and immediately afterwards, the ground below him liquifies only to harden around the man's feet and propel him towards his intended destination.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

((ooc: Kobalt_Thunderfoot, could you also note how easy/difficult these guys go down?)

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

((kamehamebumb ))

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Mitsirugi

(if the guys are stronger then I presume here; they can be illusions or summoned creatures ...)

After the piercing strike to the neck, Mitsirugi slashes of the head of the guy he was slaying, and continues his blade, dismeambering a hand and a leg of a second guy trying to attack him, with a single slash.

As a third enemy tries to attack him from the left, Mitsirugis bracer changes into a shieldspike on the bracer, which he uses to slash open the neck of the poor fellow.

A forth enemy aims a crossbow at Mitsirugi, but the shoulderplate Mitsirugi morphs into a big shakram, which he throws at the crossbowmen, cutting him clean in two pieces.

A fifth enemy charges Mitsirugi from the right, but Mitsirugi dodges the hit to the right, and the returning shakram misses the divine creature and gets stuck in the chest of the fifth one.

As Mitsirugi grips the shakram, it changes in a small shield which he uses to deflect a hit of a sixed enemy, and then uses his katana, which now looks as a wakasashi, and guts the enemy. As it pierces the enemy the blade becomes that of a greatsword, but when Mitsirugi retreaves his bloddy sword, it has the shape of a wakasashi once more.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

((Sooooooo, this is totally dead then?))

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

((I think so, I did want to play in it, oh well.))
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

((Yeah, despite my continued interest, the DM has not posted anywhere on giants since his last post here. So... yeah.))

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett