New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: North's Maple Syrup Flavored Non-Alliterative Random Banter #95 Eh?

Dreams: I read in my dreams all the time Flying is a common one, and so is my teeth falling out (hate those ). I can only remember bits and pieces of my dream last night... It was long, and had a narrative. There was some sort of a crash - it turned up about 3 times during the dream, but the first I only remember in the vaguest way. Myself and a few other young people were going into a sort of zoo-petshop thing in a long, narrow room, mostly filled with lots of birds in cages. Everyone else left before me, so I was left in there on my own. After a while I realised that the reason I was having trouble keeping my balance was because the room was moving - it was a train car. Suddenly it came to an abrupt, violent halt (crash 2) and birds went scattering everywhere. I like animals, and would like to work in a zoo or wherever, and I like to think I'm reasonably good at handling them, so I started gathering up the birds. I didn't call for help because I also felt like it was somehow my fault. Anyway, I was more or less holding a couple of birds by their tails (not as bad as it sounds. There were in my hand, and I was holding their tails to stop them flying away), and the keeper came in to help me clean up. He suggested that I just put them on my shoulder or wherever so my hands would be free, and I felt silly.
    At another point, I'm looking out the window of this train, and I see what looks like a really big factory go by. I'm talking to someone Of Significance about it, and she says that these things are all over the place, and they're actually studios, and everyone around and on this train are in a TV show (cf. Trueman Show). I get rather distressed. At some point I end up in a dark room with lots of older people who know all about this show, and it's kinda gone a bit culty. I have a sort of a flashback thing, and I end up sort of back in time a bit, in a more open train carriage at the very front, 'cept it's kinda buslike now, and I think sort of going on a busy road. I start talking to some woman there, who is significant somehow. There's lots of cars going past in the other direction. There's also quite a few big trucks, most of them getting very close to our vehicle. I just know that one of them's gonna get too close and we're going to have a huge crash. Once I even mention it to this woman when there's one coming very close, but we just manage to miss it. Then, finally, one does come too far over, and crunches into the train/bus, but everything slows down and the "vision" ends before I see anything gory. There were lots of other parts to this dream, but I can't remember much of it.
    I still think my best dream ever was smoking a hookah with a couple of hobbits

North: doing that I think contributes greatly to the usual lateness of my rising

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I thought cats always landed on their feet!
    Depends.
    Two things let cats do such, the first is their very sensitive and accurate inner ear. It allows them to sense 'up' and 'down'. Usually, a cat must be 7 weeks old before it has fully developed this, however (though, it starts appearing around 2 weeks). The 2nd is their ability to press on just their lower back with their muscles to turn their front, then press on their front in turn to turn their back - this is what actually turns them upright.
    A cat who has just lost focus due to say... a head injury... might not be able to recover correctly. Also, a cat falling face down has a more difficult time bending back.

Also, a scaryish dream I had yesterday:
    Wedding, beautiful building, standing at the front holding hands with phoebe. When, suddenly, a large commotion comes from my family in the seats -long part I can't discuss-. Part of my family leaves, and a moment later, one of my cousins come back in with a shotgun. Everybody gets to the floor, then the dream becomes closer to an action movie clip. I ask phoe to crawl up to the mid far seats on the left, and rip off the longer parts of the dress. I rip off my entire dress and put it 2 seats back, folding out from under, so it looks like I'm there, and a grab a large candle pole and hide down 1 seat back. My cousin finds the dress, shoots at it, then opens the barrel to reload once he notices I'm not there. As he's doing this, I rise and slam the candle pole against the back of his head, then quickly kick the gun away.
    I then bend down to him, grab my dress, tear it, and wrap it around the gash on the back of his head, and call over to phoe to request she still stay low until the police and ambulance get here...
    After they do, I request kevlar for me and phoe and when they leave the wedding resumed.

Guns bother me.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

On the topic of sleeping competition, I would lose. I can never sleep more than seven hours, it seems. Five hours today, although I could have slept eight.

Dreams, I had none I can remember this night, fortunately. I had one yesterday, it was about sex, and one before that, it was a nightmare. Usually my dreams are nightmares, so I like the nights in which I don't remember my dreams.

Last day in Hungary, last night behind me, now only a few things left to do and we're gone again, fortunately. I liked it a lot, but I'm far too comfortable for such journeys.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

I really wish I could dream more often, at least dreams that I can remember. I only remember the worrying or downright scary one's. I never remember anything good, just the one's that make no sense, or that one where a normal situation from the previous day gets twisted around into a horrible alternate reality.

I also never sleep more than 7 hours, even when absolutely exhausted. It doesn't seem to effect me though, I guess I have a high metabolism.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

5. - Top - End - #365

I've been having lousy dreams lately. Menacing dreams, nightmares. I wake up with a start, and end up sleeping in two hours, three hour blocks.

I always dream about the mountains. Every night. I don't mean any old mountains, but the Caucasus. I'd recognize them anywhere - they're like nowhere else on Earth. In my dreams I might as well be there. So vivid that I can feel the fog on my face.

It's interesting, but I don't dream about people much. Some days I dream just about landscapes, and it's as if I myself don't even exist in them. Others show up in my dreams, sure - especially my two friends who died recently - but they're always secondary or complimentary to the feeling of place. I dream much more strongly the feeling of the landscape and the buildings, because I'm something of a nomad and I respond more than others do to the places that I'm at. I had a nightmare recently about wandering around inside a gigantic palace without windows, all dark wood and baroque architecture. I was looking for someone desperately. It wouldn't have been frightening to me, there wouldn't have been that sense of urgency, if I had been searching in a cave or a forest, because those aren't frightening places to me - not like those oppressive, ostentatious buildings. I could sleep out on the steppes no problem, but if I had to sleep in, say, a castle of Ludwig II for nights on end, I'd have a nervous breakdown.
    Click here for whining.

Click here for kitten.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I am currently awake because I am trying not to have a dream. Because I've had this dream before, well, actually, not this same dream, but dreams involving the same type of creatures. They always involve everyone in the dream dying horrible deaths as I run and run and run away from a creature intent on killing me. This dream was worse than usual because everyone in the dream knew that eventually the creature would kill them and rather than say...leaving the premises, they made bets on how long they would live.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Barbarian in the Playground

I had a dream last night. [rant] My class was protecting a girl in my class from some guy named Cain, cuz I think he wanted to kill her. Then it became "The Little Mermaid"-themed and I was in some sort of boat making battle plans to protect her and I saw one of those "put it in water and it'll grow" things, and this little fairy thing popped up beside me and said it was a fairy. Then I believe I said something along the lines of "WHAT THE ----?!?!" (Insert blasphemic word that may or may not be allowed on these forums, I'm not sure.) Ahem, and then I woke up.[/rant]
    Thank you Tiffanie Lirle for the totally awesome avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    So? This is the town. We don't listen to the laws of reality.
    We rewrote it for our own convenience.
    In memory of Gary Gygax, 1938-2008

8. - Top - End - #368
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Most of my dreams of lately involves Amber and I walking around giving hands and cuddling, or our wedding...

She makes me so happy.
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Hmmm...... I had a dream with Playgrounders once.

Would have been better if said dream hadn't happened during Physics class. <.<

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

I just read the first chapter of a story I wrote a few years ago. It is...painful? Umm...the degree to which I packed cliche after cliche in is really quite astonishing. I had clearly read enough fantasy to know what it's supposed to sound like, but not enough to realize how overused a lot of it is. Yikes. Hopefully the one I'm writing now is better than that....

11. - Top - End - #371
    Banned

If it's any comfort, and I'm remembering your age properly, the era of writhing with embarrassment over earlier writing ought to be over. You have started to engage the critical faculties kids seem to lack. Later, you might think what you're writing now is unpolished as a freshly mined amethyst, but it will probably have a core of quality, no matter what your critical viewpoint becomes. Also, if I may check your age again, please make sure you use no more than one adverb ending in "-ly" per paragraph.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I tell you, he's either reading this forum, or our minds.
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

13. - Top - End - #373

http://animationmashup.warnerbros.com/

Hey everyone. I was hoping you guys could help out an aquaintance of mine.

Just follow the link and vote for the video by Terrence from NY. This is the last day of the contest and he is behind 6 votes. Together we could give him the lead.

Thanks.
    Spoiler
    Show

Look upon the Goddess and rejoice!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Curly, . . . you are not only made of epic win and not fail, but you are officially the greatest shipper of all time
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Mr. Scruffy is all knowing; he doesn't believe in squid bones, so neither should you!
    Bathatars!Blog!

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    If it's any comfort, and I'm remembering your age properly, the era of writhing with embarrassment over earlier writing ought to be over.
    Yeah, most of the stuff I've written in the last year or so is pretty good. Not terrific, but decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Also, if I may check your age again, please make sure you use no more than one adverb ending in "-ly" per paragraph.
    That is one thing I am absolutely (note the "ly"...) neurotic about! Also comma overuse. I go through and edit out the majority of my commas because I tend to add too many. Example... "Yellow, and blue". ARGH! I'm weaning myself of the habit but it is slow work.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy View Post
    I tell you, he's either reading this forum, or our minds.
    Certainly my mind.

I once had this nightmare (I don't get nice dreams much. I actually had a week where my nightmares were so bad I couldn't sleep by myself, and I was like 12. I was meant to be past all that.)
    Anyway, yes, I had this nightmare where my family and I were going round this war museum run by the cast of Neighbours at the time, while there was a war going on. Suddenly this white cat shows up and persuades everybody to go into this room where there's some special exhibit. They go in, but I hang back. White cat. Don't trust him.
    Turns out they get trapped in a rocket which launchs at the moon that had a face like the Majora's Mask moon, and it eats them.
    The next night I had the exact same nightmare, but then the people were all screaming at me to wake up and save them while they were still flying.
    That haunted me.

Come to think of it, those nightmares of Pikmin ghosts claiming vengeance still terrify me. I can't play that game again for fear that the dreams will start again.
    I never meant to kill you, I swear. I loved you. Every single one. The Bulbin surprised me though. I didn't know it was there. Forgive me, please.
    Last edited by Jibar; 2008-02-29 at 01:15 PM.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

16. - Top - End - #376
    Orc in the Playground

What to know one of the best feelings ever? Sitting at work doing nothing and getting paid, and the going, man I'm bored at work. I'll just go home early today.

Fantastic. Now I'm home 2 hours early at least including a run to the gym. Man... excellent I tell you!

17. - Top - End - #377

Last night i had a dream i actually remembered, the first one in two months or so. In this particular dream I loosed two hands, tough I did have the luck of having four arms and hands in this dream, so I managed to glue the hands back on.
    You know, according to my girlfriend I literally wake up screaming often. I suppose I have arrived at the point where I don’t notice anymore.
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

by dr. bathand, Kpenguin and Fay Graydon

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    -C. S. Lewis

18. - Top - End - #378

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    You sound like me! Seriously. As weird as it sounds, I do all of that.
    Really? Thats cool No one I know has ever dreamt similarily.

My MSN is glitching hardcore today. My chat windows blink open, crash and freeze up. Im going to try removing the program and reinstalling it...

19. - Top - End - #379

Hey, wasn’t there a dreams and nightmares topic around on friendly banter, has it fallen of the edge of the world or am I going forum blind again?
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

by dr. bathand, Kpenguin and Fay Graydon

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    -C. S. Lewis

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Hey, wasn’t there a dreams and nightmares topic around on friendly banter, has it fallen of the edge of the world or am I going forum blind again?
    Yeah, I think it's gone to the Happy Hunting Ground of thread-dom.

21. - Top - End - #381

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Really? Thats cool No one I know has ever dreamt similarily.

My MSN is glitching hardcore today. My chat windows blink open, crash and freeze up. Im going to try removing the program and reinstalling it...
    Your program keeps sending me these wierd messages.
    Spoiler
    Show

Look upon the Goddess and rejoice!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Curly, . . . you are not only made of epic win and not fail, but you are officially the greatest shipper of all time
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Mr. Scruffy is all knowing; he doesn't believe in squid bones, so neither should you!
    Bathatars!Blog!

22. - Top - End - #382

My MSN has been teh suckage ever since it became 'Windows Live'. I only use it because some of my friends lack AIM.
    “I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman

23. - Top - End - #383
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpina View Post
    My MSN has been teh suckage ever since it became 'Windows Live'. I only use it because some of my friends lack AIM.
    Mou..... really?

I always liked Windows Live. At least it has smileys.

Never was a big fan of Trillian just for that.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

AIM seems to be the best as far as I can tell. Trillian is useful but just isn't quite so pretty as AIM
    Alexi Laiho Avatar by Mr._Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Sephiroth and Arthuai
    [CENTER]Sepiroth avatars by Ink
    Arthuai by Mr_Saturn
    Alexi Laiho by Mr_Saturn

I have a metal blog thing now, check it out

Quote Originally Posted by D'anna Biers View Post
    MOTHER NATURE IS LIKE A REAL MOTHER. IN THAT SHE SECRETELY HATES YOU AND NEVER LETS YOU GO OUT WITH YOUR HOODLUM FRIENDS.
    You can't kill the metal, metal will live on! \m/

25. - Top - End - #385

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Mou..... really?

I always liked Windows Live. At least it has smileys.

Never was a big fan of Trillian just for that.
    I'm sure I'd like it fine if it wasn't always logging me off and eating my messages.

...also I'm not much of a smilie person.
    “I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

I am eating a donut right now.
    That donut is flavoured with nutmeg.
    It's supposed to be "original glazed". Is it a common seasoning for donuts, nutmeg?

'Cause I'm having a nutmeg flashback right now.
    To the time I grated six whole nutmegs and ate them all at once.
    Those next three days were one long, horrible, waking dream.

*falls off chair twitching and defending self from invisible enemies*

TIM HORTONS WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

Kneenibble, I desperately want to write a screenplay about someone plagued by horrible flashbacks of nutmeg now. That is one of the strangest awesomest irrational fears ever!
    Alexi Laiho Avatar by Mr._Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Sephiroth and Arthuai
    [CENTER]Sepiroth avatars by Ink
    Arthuai by Mr_Saturn
    Alexi Laiho by Mr_Saturn

I have a metal blog thing now, check it out

Quote Originally Posted by D'anna Biers View Post
    MOTHER NATURE IS LIKE A REAL MOTHER. IN THAT SHE SECRETELY HATES YOU AND NEVER LETS YOU GO OUT WITH YOUR HOODLUM FRIENDS.
    You can't kill the metal, metal will live on! \m/

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I am eating a donut right now.
    That donut is flavoured with nutmeg.
    It's supposed to be "original glazed". Is it a common seasoning for donuts, nutmeg?

'Cause I'm having a nutmeg flashback right now.
    To the time I grated six whole nutmegs and ate them all at once.
    Those next three days were one long, horrible, waking dream.

*falls off chair twitching and defending self from invisible enemies*

TIM HORTONS WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
    ...clearly, you need more donuts. From somewhere other than Tim's. *nods*

...stuff your face with sweet doughy goodness, my friend! It will save you!
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zeratul View Post
    Kneenibble, I desperately want to write a screenplay about someone plagued by horrible flashbacks of nutmeg now. That is one of the strangest awesomest irrational fears ever!
    Okay, but for artistic integrity, please take a psychadelic dose of nutmeg to understand THE PAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    ...clearly, you need more donuts. From somewhere other than Tim's. *nods*

...stuff your face with sweet doughy goodness, my friend! It will save you!
    *looks at you with crazed nutmeggy eyes*
    *your reflection in their bloodshot depths is clearly that of a donut*
    *advances*

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

...oh...

...this...does not look good. *runs*
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.