New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: North's Maple Syrup Flavored Non-Alliterative Random Banter #95 Eh?

32 C yesterday. Too hot for this time of the year.

And they say it'll snow again.

All artwork stolen from Bathy

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, if it's so hot, isn't snow a good thing?

P.S. Finally watched Tenacious D: Pick of Destiny last night. Totally rocked my socks off.

"You guys, having some satanic guitar pick isn't gonna make your rock any better ... because Satan's not in a guitar pick, he's inside all of us. In your hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or exercise, or tell the truth. He's what makes us want to party and have sex with each other all night long. He's that little voice in your mind that says '**** you' to the people you hate. Now you can stay out here and fight on the ground and cry like babies, or you can go in there like friends and rock. So, what's it gonna be?"
    Last edited by FoE; 2008-03-05 at 06:49 PM.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue! View Post
    32 C yesterday. Too hot for this time of the year.

And they say it'll snow again.
    32C is scorching rain, not snow. lern2celsius.

Unless you meant 32 Kelvin or Fahrenheit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

4. - Top - End - #544
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    32C is scorching rain, not snow. lern2celsius.

Unless you meant 32 Kelvin or Fahrenheit.
    I surely hope you don't consider 32 Kelvin warm... and or anywhere near remotely 'hot'. ;)

5. - Top - End - #545

I was mainly talking about the snow comment. The only place 32 Kelvin is warm would be deep space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

6. - Top - End - #546
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I think she was saying that it's too hot right now, but it's supposed to get cold again later. Cold enough to snow. She's in Greece, if memory serves, meaning she probably uses oC just fine.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

7. - Top - End - #547

Mm. Note that she says "they say it will snow."

Also: A friend and I went blackberry picking today ^_^ I'm all scratched up, but 'twere fun, and tonight I'm gonna make crepes and ice cream and blackberry sauce.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2008-03-06 at 12:08 AM.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also: A friend and I went blackberry picking today ^_^ I'm all scratched up, but 'twere fun, and tonight I'm gonna make crepes and ice cream and blackberry sauce.
    Blackberries?! We're still getting snow here! It's -25 C.
    Nothing edible will be growing outdoors until like, Smarch.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Orc in the Playground

Sounds Yummy
    Jondar in Winding Roads

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Nothing edible will be growing outdoors until like, Smarch.
    Lousy Smarch weather.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Orc in the Playground

Hey FOE join us in gabbly I'm trying to get 'Mew to do faces :)

oh and if anyone else wants to join in
    Jondar in Winding Roads

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Face Of Evil View Post
    Lousy Smarch weather.
    Ah, the memories

Try not to burn Willie thought I'm sure kids wouldn't be happy about it.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure Rogue meant 32 degree Celsius. It wouldn't be to strange in Greece.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yesterday started snowy and cold, later sun and still a bit cold. Today just grey...

How come sun makes people happy, and grey weather gets them down?
    I have a Nathanatar

Check out my poems and photos at deviantArt

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

I've heard it's actually an effect the sun has on our bodies, similar to photosythesis in plants. It's obviously not life or death, but I think the sun changes the chemical balances and reactions in the body, making us feel better in summer and more likely to be depressed in winter.

Don't ask me how it works though.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

15. - Top - End - #555
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's kind of the opposite for me, I like rainy weather so long as I don't have to do to much outside. Sunny days are alright I guess but I still prefer rainy days, or cloudy days.
    Shapperdash, movie reviews amongst other things.
    Natural 1, a tale of critical failures
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    If you're ever in a situation where you can't survive, go for the broke and fill all of creation with chickens. Just imagine the reaction of people halfway around the world when every square inch of space in their world is suddenly and completely full of chickens.
    Homebrew
    1st in Iron Chef XXXIV with a Warforged bard

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

Banjo

Vitamin D
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    I am now going to begin blaming everything that goes wrong on Charity. Just for gits and shiggles. And not even just things on the forums. Summer! Charity!

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

^ Crikey

I'm off to get a suntan, I don't want rickets! It's a wonder all us Brits aren't shuffling around on our knees with our weather.
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2008-03-06 at 05:32 AM.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    Banjo

Vitamin D
    I'm not sure if vitamin D has any affect on depression whatsoever. But then again, it has been long time since I last did any studies on vitamins.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    It's a wonder all us Brits aren't shuffling around on our knees with our weather.
    us brits are genetically better at dealing with a lack of sunshine thanks to thousands of years of evolution, however we do need at least 3 sunny days a year to survive
    we call these 3 days a "british summer"
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    I'm not sure if vitamin D has any affect on depression whatsoever. But then again, it has been long time since I last did any studies on vitamins.
    Er well I have now actual medical knowledge, I just know sunlight assists in the production of Vit D in the skin.

S.A.D. apparantly has something to do with the hypothalamus which appears to be a comlex lil fella.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    I am now going to begin blaming everything that goes wrong on Charity. Just for gits and shiggles. And not even just things on the forums. Summer! Charity!

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

It was 65F here yesterday

Oh...and hi...I'm back for a post.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

65 F, someday we shall see you again. Whether it shall be in three months or two, it shall happen! or else we lynch those lying weathermen...

7 F today, although we might see 30 by Sunday... *crosses fingers and prays for some of the snow to melt*
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm eating a brownie right now

It is rather tasty. Anyone wants?
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

24. - Top - End - #564
    Troll in the Playground

Sure, just stick it in the mail and hope Customs doesn't get hold of it

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    Er well I have now actual medical knowledge, I just know sunlight assists in the production of Vit D in the skin.

S.A.D. apparantly has something to do with the hypothalamus which appears to be a comlex lil fella.
    That it does Why do you think rachitis is called English disease?

And yeah, hypothalamus can be a nasty little bugger, but this is hardly time or place to discuss it. Enought to say it is also very interesting indeed And thanks that S.A.D. link, haven't heard of that before.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy View Post
    I'm eating a brownie right now

It is rather tasty. Anyone wants?
    yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
    I want!!

hehe...actually...
    we have chocolate chip cookies.
    So I'm just hungry.
    it's three hours till dinner...

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow. What a day. I'm not sure if I should be more disturbed than I am at the fact the electricity was out several hours because of a fire that happened at the hill that's like... 3 walking-minutes from home.

As it is, I just went to watch it a while and then went back home to sleep. And I just woke up.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

bluewind95, that's odd cause I had a great day.

Learned the girl I think is absolutely adorable has a crush on me, had lots of cadbury eggs/candy/comics/manga/books/laughs with said girl, got some new glasses, worked on my history project a little, completely turned it around but improved it immensely.
    I also made Lo Mein.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    Learned the girl I think is absolutely adorable has a crush on me
    That is enough to make anyone's day better. Congratulations!
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    bluewind95, that's odd cause I had a great day.

Learned the girl I think is absolutely adorable has a crush on me, had lots of cadbury eggs/candy/comics/manga/books/laughs with said girl, got some new glasses, worked on my history project a little, completely turned it around but improved it immensely.
    I also made Lo Mein.
    Happy day, Wad!
    Glad to hear your 'interesting' life has gotten 'interesting' for the better.