New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default (SW Saga)Old Republic Commando(IC)

4321 BBY - Alliance Staging Area(near the Ruusan System)

Galaxy Map

Aboard the Rodian Frigate "Wedoota", the first of the coalition special operations teams meets. The ship just went to hyperspace and the team expects to receive its briefing from the special operations commander within the hour.

For now, the team can relax, kick back, and grab some chow. The ready room is large and spacious, although it lacks much in the way of creature comforts. The crew of the frigate is, as you might expect, 100% Rodian and the non-Rodian members of the team are ignored and ridiculed by the crew. All the same, the special operations leadership has made it clear that this is an important team and they will do whatever it takes to make sure they succeed.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-03-04 at 10:08 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: (SW Saga)Old Republic Commando(IC)

Noodo Shail

Feeling at home on the Rodian Frigate, Noodo starts leaning back on his chair at the ready room table. Having being welcomed aboard like one of the crew and being treated well, Noodo was feeling refreashed and ready for whatever might happen.

Those poor hutts wouldn't know what hit them when this Rodian came for them. Wearing a light gray jacket over a faded red shirt with black pants, a single sporting blaster can be seen hanging at his hip with the Rodian's right hand hovering near it at all times.

Having heard that the coalition special operations team will have more than just Rodian's Noodo was interested to see what kind of allies he'll have in this battle.

Hopefully big guys, with little brains to distract the enemy, so that I can finish this job properly.

With little to do but wait, Noodo puts a credit chip on the table and begins to toy with it with his left hand while waiting for the other members of the team to rock up.

Being alittle early never hurt, besides this way I can see what they do as they come in. Noodo thinks with an almost cruel smile forming on his lips.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Alex

"<Yes, I'm part of that team. Alex...is Ginn Chandra. Call me Alex if you ever have a reason to talk to me.>" comes a Human or near-Human voice from outside the briefing room talking to the guard in very good Rodese with a distinct Nar Shaddaa accent. When the guards let Alex in, Noodo's hopes are completely dashed with regard to the short Human. She is short even if he can tell her gender, and while the uniform that she wears uncomfortably and the blaster on her left hip make her not look out of place on a CARS ship, the tool case on her right hip and her general non-threateningness make it fairly clear that she's just some weakling techie. That is, unless one looks closely and sees the concealed weapons. She looks around, and her eyes rest on Noodo's blaster. "<Hey, that's not standard issue. Is it yours personally, or did they just decide to issue something optimized for accuracy and power efficiency to you?>" Alex doesn't seem at all bothered by the smell of Rodians that most Humans are known to find unpleasant. She sits down on the chair, curls up to fit her entire body in the seat, and takes out a datapad.
    Last edited by Winged One; 2008-03-05 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Didn't realize it was the briefing room
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

4. - Top - End - #4

Myles Novachek

Myles enters the ward room laughing, glancing over his shoulder at a rodian crew member who had just favoured him with an inelegant hand gesture. He turns to look around the ward room the residual smile crinkling around his eyes. He's dressed in the standard issue black combat fatigues, his blast vest unfastened and it's matching helmet hanging from his belt. He has a blaster holstered at his hip and a rifle with underslung grenade launcher slung over his other shoulder.

He heads straight for the food station and picks up a bowl of some kind of savory smelling gruelly stuff. Grabbing a spoon he looks around for somewhere to sit and seeing the two members already seated makes his way over towards them, "Mind if I join you guys? Name's Myles." he says, cramming a spoonful of whatever it is into his mouth and dumping himself into an empty seat.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Alexis Ginn Chandra
    "Knock yourself out. I'll have to call a medic after you do, though. I'm Alex, but we oughta wait until everyone's here to introduce ourselves." Alexis says, looking up as her fingers fly across the datapad by muscle memory, first turning it on, then looking up the data on Noodo's weapon. "Hey, a BoomTech modular hand-held explosive range enhancer, nice." She says, looking back down at her datapad since she needs to observe the data to scan through it for what she wants. "So, what's so fu-" Alex smells the gruel, inhales deeply through her nose, and looks up again, her fingers pausing from being a blur. "Are you going to eat all of that?"
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Serrik Wilder

A scrauney man walks in to the room wearing a bright red shirt that says in huttese "thats right I'm big and I'm sexy "with a black vest over it, black pants with red stripe down the leg and black boots. On his hip a heavy blaster . A Loud growling noise is heard from Serrik direction. He gives a sheepish smile to all in the room as he moves towards the Food Station.
    After grabbing a bowel of gruel, he looks around the room letting his eyes rest on the group."Hey Hey".He moves towards them flashing a toothy grin "Hi all I'm Serrik...um do we have too pay for the food here or are they going too take it out of our pay. I mean I figured if we are going too get shot for them least they could do is pay for our..." He looks at his gruel and sighs softly. "Well could be worse. I mean we could have gotten MRE's. I swear the last one I had tasted like durasteel with a hint of...well lets just say it was bad."
    Last edited by Lakindred; 2008-03-05 at 04:52 AM.
    The wizard who reads a thousand books is powerful. The wizard who memorizes a thousand books is insane.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Alex
    "No. We do not have to pay for meals. I was asking Myles for his leftovers for no reason whatsoever." Alex says with a straight face, glancing over his blaster. "I get the feeling that I'm going to have to either eat those MRE things or fall back on Plan B to get decent food. I guess not getting paid more than enough for that is better than the alternative. Oh, and <you aren't that big.>" The latter part is said in Huttese.
    Last edited by Winged One; 2008-03-05 at 05:19 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8

Noodo

Perception check
    Spoiler
    Show

Perception checkone - (1d20+6)[12]
    If roll result under 10, Re-roll using Hightened Awareness
    Perception checktwo - (1d20+6)[10]
    If roll second result under 10, Re-roll using Acute Sense
    Perception checkthree - (1d20+6)[21]
    Keeping last roll, disreguarding rest.

Staring at Alex, without shame, Noodo tilts his head to reguard the rather forward human. This human female strolled in, asked a question and then went on to ignore him. Noodo's voice is filled with sarcasium

Rodese
    Spoiler
    Show
    "<"No, its not standard issue. You won't tell on me will you?">

Switching to swiftly Huttese
    Spoiler
    Show

<"Its not the size that counts princess, its how many blaster shots he can take before I have to behind another wall to hide behind.>"

He says finishing with a cocky smile as he reguards the woman. After all, she might have some skill in sharp shooting herself. However he more or less ignores the others happy with the fact that he had found himself some moving cover.

Can't get to attached to them just yet, after all, cover is there to be shot at. All that really matters at this stage is if the cover is good enough to make it to the next mission.
    Last edited by WrathOfLife; 2008-03-05 at 07:30 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

From outside the room a small commotion can be heard. A couple Rodian crew members scramble past the door, cursing and frantic. Thick Sullustese courting calls and a booming laugh follows them. Then, through the door, a solidly built Sullustan walks in, still chuckling. Wearing black combat boots, thick bantha hide gloves, a dark grey jumpsuit and an all-temperature cloak, there's something odd about his form.

Something under his cloak gives him the appearance of a hunchback, though the military-grade light repeating blaster rifle with grenade launcher draws a bit more attention. A bandoleer of various grenades fits snuggly across his torso. But the cocky smile on his face makes the entire thing almost comical.

"Hoy! Let me tell ya something about spacers! No sense of humor!" He laughs. Spotting Myles' rifle, he strides up. "Nice piece of kick-em in the teeth ya got there. Who'd ya kill to get it? Ha! Hoy, the name's Tinn. I suppose us being the only one's not green here that we're the team?"
    Characters [ Krad | Tinn ]

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Alex
    Rodese:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yes, I'm going to report you for doing something that isn't against the rules at all."

Alex's reply in Rodese is in the same deadpan tone as her answer about food. She rolls her eyes and says something to herself in the guttural Gammorean language.
    Gammorean:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Is them all so stupid?"

When Noodo says his bit in Huttese, she sits up in a straight posture with a comically exaggerated glare. She jabs her left index finger at the Rodian and says something in an equally rediculous commanding tone.
    Huttese:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Princess? I am your queen! Kneel before the Slicer Sovereign, worm!"

She somehow manages to keep the look straight without bursting out laughing, but the commotion distracts her and she looks at the doorway. As before, she looks at the Sullustan's weapons first. "What did you do, beat them at a contest for worst weapon concealment?" She asks him, glancing at the giant lump on his back.
    Last edited by Winged One; 2008-03-05 at 05:52 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Tinn

"Ha ha!" A huge, world-eating grin spreads across Tinn's face. "Let me tell ya something about size. When ya got it... ya flaunt it." He hefts the light repeating rifle a little higher on his shoulder and does the impossible task of grinning even wider. He sits down with considerable weight.

12. - Top - End - #12

Myles

"Mmhumph..." Myles' response to Alex's question about him finishing the gruel is muffled as he spoons it into his mouth with great speed. Ignoring the back and forth in languages he doesn't understand, he doesn't stop until it's all gone. He wipes the residual from the bottom of the bowl with a finger and sucks it clean with relish.

"Mmm, that stuff is not bad actually, not bad at all." Smiling at the sullustian he replies to the question on his weapon, "Well, this one time, on Fondor, no wait... Tatooine ... or was it ..? ah well, there was this guy, huge he was, like a wookiee, actually he was a wookiee, no a trandoshan, anyway, he was enormous and had holed himself up in a bunker. We spent days and days trying to dislodge him to no avail. Finally I picked up this here bad boy and popped a grenade right through the barrel of his repeater. Huge bang, splattered him all over the place it did. Very messy" Myles nods sagely as he concludes his story.
    Last edited by Rane126; 2008-03-05 at 07:30 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

James

Walking into the room looking over something on a datpad a young human pauses as Myles finishes his tale. Sounds like an interesting situation. Closest thing I've had to that was on Vaal. Some smugglers had set up a nice little shop there. Had a thruster blow out on landing so we blew our chance at a surprise attack when we crashed. When we finally got to their camp they'd rigged up some salvaged capital starship weapon coils with a hulled shuttle. Got 3 of our squad right off the bat. Of course there was an extra breaker box for their jury rigged system. One careful shot and it was mission successful. A little too successful actually, forensics was pissed they couldn't get their evidence.

After finishing his story the man pushes a few buttons on his pad and puts it back into a belt pouch.

Name's James by the way. I haven't had time to find out much about the squad yet but I did hear someone talking about a "Sovereign Slicer" walking up to the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged One View Post
    Actually, Tarrasques are merely an extremely endangered species. They reproduce by spontaniously coming into existance when people piss off the DM.
    CRPG Rules: http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html

14. - Top - End - #14

Noodo

Noodo struggles to keep a stright face, then in a sudden motion kicks out his chair behind him and kneels at Alex, hand to heart, face down.

Huttese
    Spoiler
    Show

"I live to serve your every wish my Queen."

Glancing up with a wicked smile he continues

Huttese
    Spoiler
    Show

"Although, I just don't believe I can allow my Queen to wear such common clothes. I'll have to find you a pretty dress to wear before we go into battle. Maybe somthing in green

After his comments he stands and throws a questioning look at Tinn.
    Huttese
    Spoiler
    Show

"only one's not green....Well he's either stupid or has a death wish. Either way he'll learn what being green means. With your permission of course my Queen"

Shooting a playful glance at Alex, Noodo finds his seat again.
    Last edited by WrathOfLife; 2008-03-05 at 08:18 PM. Reason: help now = permission

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Ready Room - Rodian Frigate Wedoota

The team relaxes and jokes around for an hour or so, at which point Special Ops Commander Greesh enters and slams the door behind him. Everyone tenses up, unsure if they should snap to attention, when Greesh says, "As you were."

The Commander mingles a bit, stopping to greet each member of the team with a "Welcome to the team", except for Noodo, which he says in Rodian
    Spoiler
    Show

"Don't let us down."

When he gets to James, the commander pulls him aside and asks, "You ready for this LT?"

Once he's made the rounds, he says, "Okay, quiet down. Lets get this going."

Once everyone quiets down and takes a seat, he continues, "Your first mission, is in the Ryth system. Just this side of Lannik, not quite to Toydaria. There is a listening outpost there on one of the moons. We'll jump in on the far side. You all will take one of the landing craft down to the moon. Your target is the communications center. You are to cut off communications. Once that is done, and you are clear, we'll bring the ship around and flatten the facility."

He pauses a moment turns to gesture at the tactical information he had brought up and notices it is missing. He then says, "One of the crewmen is bringing up all the intelligence we have on this facility. Until then, any questions?"
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-03-05 at 08:38 PM.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground

Daers Waki

A Duros, obviously in a hurry, rushes into the ready room. He pauses before taking a seat.

"Sorry I'm late! What did I miss? It won't happen again I promise! I just got caught up in a good book."

As he calms down, one may notice he is of average height for a Duros and otherwise normal. He is of above average build but is not very forceful when he speaks, almost like he is constantly nervous. For good reason, seeing how late he is.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Tinn

"Sir, before the intel arrives, and without getting into the specifics of it all, what can ya tell us of expected opposition? Anything outta the ordinary, or just a standard run, sir?" Any sign of amusement is gone from Tinn's face and replaced with a stoic professionalism.
    Last edited by Quixotico; 2008-03-05 at 09:08 PM. Reason: forgot title

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Alex
    Alex is apparently unable to stop herself from bursting out laughing at the mental image presented by what Noodo says right before he stands up, and even falls out of her chair.

When James tells his story, thereby identifying himself as law enforcement, her smile turns false. She looks up and answers his question with "I didn't hear anything. Are you all right? Maybe you should get a doctor and tell them about your hallucinations."
    Spoiler
    Show
    [ooc]Deception - (1d20+8)[21] must beat both James' Will defense and his Perception check since it's both deceptive appearance and information.[/ooc]

When the commander arrives, Alex scrambles back into her seat then goes back to how she was sitting before she started the joke act in Huttese when he says to relax. "Want me to make it so they don't figure out that their communications are gone until it's too late, boss?" she asks, quite seriously despite the informality, as her fingers fly over her datapad and she looks up the nearest place where she could find large quantities of green food dye, the location of the quarters being used by a Sulustan named Tinn, and the schematics of the fresher unit used on board the Wedoota. "No promises except that I'll do my best, though; I don't know what kind of setup they've got or if they've got someone there smart enough to figure it out in time to prepare for the attack."
    Spoiler
    Show
    [ooc]If my edit kills that roll above, it was a Deception check that I got a 21 on after mods.
    EDIT2: forgot who the offending party was.
    EDIT3: Ishikar rephrased the Slicer Sovereign thing as a statement instead of a question.[/ooc]
    Last edited by Winged One; 2008-03-06 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Making it match Alex's informal tone, and added the cravat

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [ooc]Oh, yeah, Alex is using her Trace talent to look those things up. Use Computer - (1d20+15)[33] This replaces a Gather Information check, so Time taken - (1d6)[4][/ooc]
    Last edited by Winged One; 2008-03-06 at 07:05 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Noodo

Giving a slight nod to Commander Greesh when he addresses him, Noodo remains silent and serious through out the address, a sharp contrast to his previous behavior.

Deciding to wait to see what questions the others ask, Noodo waits and watches hoping to gain an idea of what the others judge as important information.

21. - Top - End - #21

Tasst

Squeezing through the narrow corridors, a rather large Trandoshan elbows his way towards the room. A small Rodian steps in front of him and starts gesturing wildly, clicking and rasberrying in its native tongue. It's obvious that it is objecting to the large blaster cannon strapped over the lizard-man's shoulder.
    Huttese:
    Spoiler
    Show

"No! You can't have Ssr'ist!"

Grinning to soften the act, he gently nudges the offended Rodian out of the way before stepping into the room. Spreading his arms in greeting, he speaks, "Forgive me for being late, sir."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Alex
    "Well, I see we've got a Plan C if we decide not to be subtle about taking out their communications." Alex says, looking over the Trandoshan's blaster cannon with a grin. "Nice Boomtech Flattener Gun."
    Last edited by Winged One; 2008-03-06 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Came up with a good backronym for BFG

23. - Top - End - #23

Myles

Myles listens to the briefing quietly, informal as it is he tinkers with a detonite timer. His eyes take on an eager sparkle as Commander Greesh talks about destroying the communications base.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

"she looks up the nearest place where she could find large quantities of green food dye, the location of the quarters being used by a Sulustan named Tinn, and the schematics of the fresher unit used on board the Wedoota."

Planning some sort of prank?

You know where is quarters are, as those are your quarters too. The whole team shares one smallish room with bunk beds and a long table down the middle. Each team member also has a 1x1x2(tall) meter locker.

The refresher is across the hall, but you don't have access to it schematics.

The ship's stores don't stock green dye. If the ship were not running isolated(cut off from the various intragalactic networks), you might find the nearest system with some, but it won't help you anytime soon.

Special Ops Commander Greesh looks at the Trandoshan and says, "That may be acceptable. You don't have to be quiet about it, but you need to make sure whatever you do doesn't get reported. We want to take out communications before they get off a warning. So, you may want to take out the various antenna and then raid the communications/command center and destroy the computers and gear there."

The commander looks at the time display impatiently and adds, "Once you signal us, it'll take 10 or 15 minutes for us to get into position to bombard the outpost. If the communications gear is operational, they'll have plenty of time to send a message. They might even be able to make repairs during that time, so you may need to eliminate associated personnel."
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-03-06 at 12:41 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Alex
    Spoiler
    Show
    [ooc]Of course. She finds it the best way to deal with people who annoy her. It's the same principle as her snarkyness, with the added benefit of getting an excuse to play with the fresher.[/ooc]

Bah, they don't even have any food coloring in the right color. "Destroy it all, huh? So, there isn't a chance that the CARS might have a use for anything we might find there?" Alex asks, tapping her right index finger on the side of her datapad. If they don't want it, then they don't have to hear about me taking it.
    Last edited by Winged One; 2008-03-06 at 03:59 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

James

After silently listening to the discussion and Alex's rushed recommendation James shrugs waiting for a break before entering the discussion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception roll - (1d20+8)[15] - roll doesn't change Jame's actions but will influence further actions accordingly.

It's not so much the matter of finding it useful as it is the weighed balances and risks of the upcoming campaign. The most important thing is to make sure that no word of our movements gets out. The best way to insure that is to destroy the capacity altogether. While the option of suborning the relay has it's merits the risk to operational security at present is too high according to my understanding of the current campaign progress.

Moving on though there is another concern that has occurred to me me. What about transports from the site? Even a single hyperspace capable fighter could potentially escape for a warning. Are we to sabotage those capabilities as well or is there a branch of the fleet to take care of that issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged One View Post
    Actually, Tarrasques are merely an extremely endangered species. They reproduce by spontaniously coming into existance when people piss off the DM.
    CRPG Rules: http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html

27. - Top - End - #27

Myles

"Depending on the number of spaceworthy craft I dare say I can rig something to neutralize that threat. I can also set a timed response if we can coordinate once we're on-site."
    Last edited by Rane126; 2008-03-06 at 05:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Alex
    "Well, yeah, I'm not going to risk them getting a message off, but if I can do something like set up the software so that they receive false confirmation of any messages they try to send being received after we disconnect the hardware and damage it beyond repair, I figure it might help a bit if they don't get desperate enough to do something like send a ship out to send their distress signal."
    Spoiler
    Show
    [ooc]If demonstrating this kind of know-how makes it "a little hard to believe" that she's not a slicer or causes the deception to "undergo scrutiny," then she takes -5 to that Deception check for it being a Difficult deception, which puts it at below James' Will Defense. Your call on that, Ishikar; he's your character.[/ooc]
    Last edited by Winged One; 2008-03-06 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Deception confusion

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Special Ops Commander Greesh nods and smiles at the team and their thoughtful questions, when the question of ships comes up, he speaks up, "Our probe droid managed to get a shot of the hangar bay. It seems that a shuttle arrives twice a week and lands in their hangar. The shots the droid collected show that the shuttle is the only ship there."

The Commander takes a drink and then says, "The shuttle left several hours ago, so we've got about 3 days till it returns. During that time, we need to take this post and prepare to ambush the incoming shuttle."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Alex

"Oh. Do you expect someone to be aboard that shuttle that we need to catch or kill or something that we need to steal or blow up? Or is the shuttle just a complication for something else we were going to do with the base?"
    Last edited by Winged One; 2008-03-06 at 07:27 PM.