New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Divinus Profile : The Awakening

Light may work on my lessers but not on me. So I think I'll just do something different. Like opening a portal to Lacrimosus realm in your army. Oh yes, I am more then just a god of Nightmares, I break things and I may be mad but not dumb. And why am I talking to my self again?
    The nightmare start to reform and Xlyte form goes back to an 11 year old child.
    So Shroud how is the soul eating nightmares doing in Asmodeus's underworld.
    They are going slowly Asmodeus is calling back many souls before they can be eaten or look like they are eaten.
    See just like I told you if you want to win a war. Never just attack from just one side. Oh yes and how is the nightmare matrixs going?
    So, so lord. But some nightmares have gotten through. They are weak but they hid in the day and grow stronger very night they get stronger.
    And Shroud where is the god trap? I know it is here somewhere.
    Last edited by D_Lord; 2008-03-22 at 12:39 AM.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Orc in the Playground

Nehswur God of Night

Nehswur throws a divine shield over those battling for him, saving them from the searing flames before they perish.
    Stars slam into Asmodeus' forces at the same time as Nehswur's troops.
    Nehswur snickers The sun holds no truth. Forget you, that I am of the sun? I have no need to fear it. The morning light breaks over Nehswur. But nothing occurs. The night god still stands there unharmed as his forces reach the Demon King's. The star god smiles and moves forward, shield raised.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gift of Life allows me to raise even the souls held by other dieties, so long as they are not of higher rank.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus's forces are similarly unharmed. he smirks Yes you are of the sun, like I am of mortal flesh. You fled the sun and its searing truth long ago. Even a powerful Vampire can survive in the day, but what happens when you concentrate that power? They BURN! Asmodeus raises his hand, and the light from the sun seems to gather in his hand, until he holds a mini-sun. He then throws this sun, but not at Nehswur, at his followers. Being of the sun Nehswur cannot stop it entirely, and numbers of his creatures are obliterated completely, their souls utterly destroyed. You may be able to survive the day, but without the protection of night or the stars or moon hanging over the head you are the weaker, whereas the bright fires of the sun invigorate me. Never forget this. In the day I am more powerful than you, during the day you are weaker than ever.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Lilith

In a thousand mirrors, the world burned. Whether the pyres and gruesome faces of the dead that made up Asmodeus's crusade, or the madmen who were most of the living, they burned, and the goddess watches from her mirrored throne.

"Perhaps you see now, Kenan," she says to the empty air. "This world grows worse, not better. I could not have done more to feed my essence had I tried."

Burika

With the advent of the great soul-plague, the city of Burika had suffered; but not so long or as harshly as others. Near three-quarters of the city had gone mad, but those who were not had mobilized on the instant, rallied by the princess who led them, and killed the madmen. The men and women of Burika were not skilled warriors, but neither were the madmen they fought, and they were better organized. Within a few days, every last madman had been hunted down and killed, whether by arrows and spears or by the great spotted leopardess their princess supposedly kept for a pet. Inside another day, the city's crude walls were fortified and kept under guard—no Burikan liked to work, but they liked the thought of dirty madmen wandering into their city even less. And as time passed, and the strange dearth of children that had afflicted the city before ceased, Burika began to send out men, in large parties and well-armed, who scoured the countryside near them for the mad and killed or drove them away. The few settlements they find still clinging to civilization are taken under their sway—they receive protection, and in return, the wagons begin to go to Burika once more, carrying the necessities of life to relieve their need to work.

So it is that when Asmodeus's crusade reaches the foothills of the mountain range, they find that their work has been done for them. Palisades have been erected around the towns and villages there, and lone madmen are shot at until they run or perish. The armies of Asmodeus are clearly not madmen, and the outlying force is hailed by Burikans demanding to know who they are.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

From the horizon, hundreds of fireballs fly, annihilating a majority of the plague-bearers and hitting the two fighting gods with little, if any effect. Part of Cerus' massive fleet flies towards the battlefield with the god of war at the helm.
    "Fools!"Booms the voice from the angelic figure appearing before them.
    "Your petty squabble will not remedy this plague. If you are truly so powerful, why not destroy the god of chaos and his infernal creation? All peoples are suffering from this, even I have been forced to slay a few of my own."
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-03-22 at 01:32 AM.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

A Liberi, clearly a captain by his noble attire, flits forth to answer the calls of the townsfolk. His sibilant voice is that of an angel it spoke I am Herinas Elkorinan. I am a Liberi Captain in the Fiery Crusade, an army erected by the Great Lord of the Underworld to help purge this world of this... this TAINT, which has so afflicted it. Some of the townspeople stared, open jawed. Liberi were a rare sight, usually staying high in their aerie peaks, listening to the voices of angels on high. Who are you, and what is this town named? You must have been resourceful to push of the soul-plagued creatures away before we got here.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-03-22 at 12:56 AM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus's voice boomed over the blasted wasteland, his fury is a tempest, lashing against those unprotected. What the HELL do you think I have been doing? I have been trying to wipe this taint from the world, if the world dies I may well die with it. I have been doing my best to aid this world and the people, ALL the people, who inhabit it. While this... this HYPOCRITE, this FOOL, bargains the fate of the whole realm on his own foolish whims. He sends his minions to attack and weaken my army, and when I vanquish them in my ignorance of their origin or true purpose, he comes before me, with threats and self-righteous fury.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

"If this is true then what reason would he have for waging war on your forces?"

((My bad but its getting very hard to follow whats going on with all the OOC posts in this thread.))
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-03-22 at 01:14 AM.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Umm, thats... not really right... I HAVEN'T been killing indiscriminately, and thats the whole POINT of the crusade. pretty much all of the villages towns and cities ive been to have been MINE, and even the odd ones of other gods i actually HELPED. I mean, I said they bolstered our ranks, and after a while I sent all the people back, ESPECIALLY THE OTHER GODS. I was doing those things so this sorta thing WOULDN'T happen. I think its kind of unfair if you change it now
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-03-22 at 01:12 AM.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Orc in the Playground

Nehswur God of Night

Though Nehswur's power is only slightly dimished, he admits to himself that the fires of the sun give Asmodeus more power. With a whispered comand and a tug on his cloak, Nehswur and the remainder of his followers vanish.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus sneers at the retreating Nehswur, making note to only confront the god during the day, then turns back to Cerus. How do I know? He is not rational, The one who calls himself Nehswur stinks of the essence of the Great Wolf. It was he who slew that which was rightfully mine to slay, and stole the power that was mine to steal. He obviously intended to do personal damage to me, weakening my power as a god, and attempting to put himself and his works in the good light. It would seem this creature would go to any lengths to see his rival defeated, even at the risk of the world. But, knowing the creature who's reeking essence he stinks of, I find this surprising in the least.

12. - Top - End - #462

Standing at the window to the mortal realm.
    Why was I so dumb Shroud? Why didn't I see it?
    See what lord?
    I have been going the wrong way about it. I will not fight the other gods. I will instead help the lesser against the greater. If I want too. But why not make them fear Asmodeus instead? The people of the other's will soon become more then afraid of him. They will hate him. They will attack his followers, and try to go to other underworlds if they die. And even the great can then fall. hehehehhhahheee that is if they can't draw power of that fear. Yes Shroud it is time to be more sutile. Time to play a waiting game. And also time to play red light, green light.
    Sigh, yes sir.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

The men of Burika

The townsfolk stare at the noble elf-being in awe, but the apparent leader (for he is on horseback, his armor is decorated with jewels, and his crossbow is inlaid with gold) calls back, "This town is Waterfast, and it stands under Burika's flag." The flag that flies over the town is yellow; a hollow golden circle dominates the standard, with six little circles—alternating betwen red and green—spread out upon the circle like jewels, giving the impression of a simplified crown.

"If you seek tainted creatures, well and good, but do not look within our lands. We men of Burika hold our own, and madmen are not permitted to come near our holdings."

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Herinas nods That is well, we have had to put far too many cities to the sword and pyre for my liking. Would it be out of remit to request a place to rest for some our troops? I fear we have burned the closest cirty of ours, it could not be saved, the plague was too entrenched there. The majority of our army is made up of creatures who either do not need rest or would find little in the confines of a town.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Waterfast

"I suppose you may," the horseman allows, eliciting mutters of discontent from the shabbier-looking portions of his forces; likely they are militia native to the area. "So long as you can pay, of course. You can hardly expect these folk to put up with soldiers and gain nothing in return." Oddly, the mutters quiet only a little.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

The Liberi nods, and motions forward his forces. It is not the largest of forces, but its about platoon sized. In the crowd there are the leering snake-heads of the Rakh-Ghoul, their pale flesh reminiscent of the walking dead, as well as humans, ape-people, and even a couple dwarves as well as elves, and even a drow, Above the crowd flutter more Liberi. Herinas pauses and asks What would you like for pay?

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Koli

Koli

Koli looked from at the thrones and had seen what had happened, gasping in terror he knew that something oragnised and immune to madness would have to come to the world. He remembered the toads that gave him his original fame and created the Slaad.

5000 slaads have been created.

The golem of law

Wal had been attacking the mad men who tried to destroy the library and kept the mad men from killing one of the lawyers or destroying the knowledge about the law.

18. - Top - End - #468

Morakar

Morakar is incensed by the destruction of Knowledge and the madness of his followers. Finding the remaining sane Swordsages, he gives them the swords of Hephais and sets them to defend the Library, then transports himself to his private realm.

Gathering his Celestial servants, he brings all of them to the Library. They begin to speak.

"This is wrong." An inescapable truth is in their words- the madmen do not stop, but are shaken by the power of Truth Morakar gave his servants so long ago.

"You have lost the spark of Mind you each were born with."

Again, the insane are not stopped, but slowed.

Then Morakar himself speaks. "My children, look at what you are doing! Is this the purpose for which you were created, for which you were chosen? My Library is supposed to be a place of knowledge, not mindless destruction!"

Slowly, with the help of the Celestials of Truth and Morakar's divine power over knowledge, the Librarians regain their sanity. They are tired and ashamed, but no longer destroying. Their is still risk from the rest of the mad mortals, but the Library's defenders may just be able to hold them off...

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Librarians will be particularly susceptible to Morakar's strategy, being dedicated to the pursuit of Knowledge, so this trick might not work on everyone else.
    BImportant note: I'll be away from the Internet for two weeks. Apologies to anyone this causes a problem for.

Thanks to xiolin_monk (AKA Maestro) for the Wolf Priest avvy.

I am the insane creator of the Mind Flayer Paladin of Freedom. Fear his brain-eating for goodness.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Koli

Koli

Koli started to surround the slaads with mountains, using his powers to keep the slaads safe from the madness. Koli decided that eventyually the Slaads would develop madness on their own or wonderlust or any other unwanted traits, so he started to create the breeding stone.

Koli decided that the breeding stone, was what he was put on the planet to do. The unfinished breeding stone is in the center of the slaad settlement, as is Koli.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    OOC: whoah whoah whoah. ONE, the underworld is NOT filled with confusion, as it is another plane of existence than the Prime, and is untouched by the plague.
    OOC: Woh woh woh. Yes it is. The infected, even assuming the plague doesn't spread in the underworld, have existed (and therefore died.) for three generations. So at least 10% of the underworld is affected. The infection is against souls, so, naturally, it still has effect in the underworld, thats why The Great Wolf made it that way.

Onward to an IC post on Kenan's reaction.

Kenan is flabbergasted and amazed at horror that is occurring. He goes to small towns and repairs their souls, alone, by hand. He puts together their souls, one piece at a time, steadfastly extracting the wolf essence and repairing the souls. When he is done with them he moves on without explaining. He manages to save a few thousand (no more then three thousand) this way from the plague and each of them speak of him the same way: The Savior.

Pushing onward, he continues, moving swiftly, trying to beat the fiery crusade, though not opposing it, to the souls which he is trying to save. A few thousand more are rescued, but he saves few more then that.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, human shields offering free cover.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: Gee thanks for mentioning that earlier.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

OOC: Gee thanks for mentioning that earlier.
    The plague infected souls and it was older then one turn it seemed obvious.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, human shields offering free cover.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Koli

The false Koli

The false Koli reacted to the plague as an oppertunity to trick someone, but who to trick that was the question. The answer hit him. Who was the one most against the madness.

The false Koli tried to find Asmodeus, so that he could say to him. "great god of the underworld for one soul that I need I shall join your fight against madness."

24. - Top - End - #474
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: well... it wasn't (to me). I mean, yea, it infected souls, but the underworld is a completely different realm of existence than the Prime. I generally assume that things that happen in the Prime don't effect other planes of existence unless directly stated so.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus, weary of the constant barrage of fools looked at the golem, tired anger in his eyes, and flicked his wrist. He sent the golem crashing through the underbrush and said, simply No

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

Asmodeus

The Liberi nods, and motions forward his forces. It is not the largest of forces, but its about platoon sized. In the crowd there are the leering snake-heads of the Rakh-Ghoul, their pale flesh reminiscent of the walking dead, as well as humans, ape-people, and even a couple dwarves as well as elves, and even a drow, Above the crowd flutter more Liberi. Herinas pauses and asks What would you like for pay?
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, there are no ape-people in the army. They are centered in the swamp, a place that's practically impossible to navigate in the first place. They have not been affected by the plague and they do not want to fight the plague either, as they are mad and serve Chaos. Running down the Swamp is pretty much impossible due to the fact that the only people who can walk around there without sinking away are the apes (as they know the area very well) and also because the apes are very powerful despite their low numbers (they ate a god... And were very powerful before too).

Thistle, since the mad don't want to be converted (they're mad, you see) your spreading words to the minds of mortals won't really have any effects.

Anyone killing the mad should remember they're effectively slaughtering 86% of their population, losing a bunch of the remaining 14% in the process.

The Mad Orcs and the Library
    A god had come to aid the few sane librarians, but it was too alte for they were all dead. He attempted to convert those who still lived, but it had no impact on the Orcs, and they decided spontaneously to kill all the Librarians as they slowed down, before they even returned to their sane selves
    ((Orcs can't be converted, four gods of rank eleven or above are needed for that, I believe)). It was a slaughterhouse. The Librarians were dead, the Library burnt. The remaining Orcs moved on, they were headed for Burika. They did not doubt they would find death at the hands of the citymen, but they were wrong. The extremely small army of wounded warriors that was supposed to defend the town had left, leaving it undefended. They were off to fight some war, but left their women and children in that empty husk of a town, among the dead bodies of the many mad they had slain. The Orcs moved faster than the army could return home, and death woulod be brought to Burika too.

Corbaan and the Nightmares
    Dreams had reached the mighty ape Corbaan, awful nightmares, showing him horrid images, but they did not disturb him, due to the nature of his mind. Corbaan held a perverted love for these dreams, and so he was pleased when his me brought the item they supposedly originated from. They had found it deep in the swamp, and when they slept near it they had felt it's power. Corbaan took this item, immediately sensing it had come from the gods themselves. That night, they fed on the Matrix. They had eaten a god, they could eat a godly artifact. Their dreams might be altered forever, but the apes were not phased.

Mythek and home sweet home
    This current world had become too orderly for Mythek in his new state. He couldn't keep to one form anymore, but this world managed to stand still for long periods basking in it's tranquility. And even when it moved, it simply followed the same pattern over and over again, sun up, sun down, nations rise, nations fall. Sure, the plague had delivered some entertainment and relief to the Mad God, but he knew it would not last, and even the plague seemed to be becoming predictable.

Mythek raised his hands, which were dripping to the earth, and he cut a hole in reality with his unearthly claws. They too dripped to the floor soon enough, joining the puddle at Mythek's feet, which continously rose up to reform the unstable god. Mythek stepped through the created portal, into his new realm. A realm where everything changed so fast, nothing could be held track of. And in this endless change, the world managed to never repeat itself.
    "Just like pie..." Mythek said, and then he took a deep breath, relieved to finally find some peace.
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-03-22 at 10:31 AM.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: I was under the impression only SOME of the ape-people were following your prophet, and there were still villages of old ape-people who were following the god who first started shaping them. And what I don't get is why people assume that just by fighting this thing I'd be losing huge numbers? They're pretty much just an insane, disorganized, and thinly spread rabble. I have a large (read: tens of thousands strong) army crushing them, and my GOD is there (to crush any signs of infection in my own ranks)
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-03-22 at 10:04 AM.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: I was under the impression only SOME of the ape-people were following your prophet, and there were still villages of old ape-people who were following the god who first started shaping them. And what I don't get is why people assume that just by fighting this thing I'd be losing huge numbers? They're pretty much just an insane, disorganized, and thinly spread rabble. I have a large (read: tens of thousands strong) army crushing them, and my GOD is there (to crush any signs of infection in my own ranks)
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, the old ape people were all wiped out by the new ones during a forest fire.

Oh, and I wasn't really talking about you losing people, I was talking about those fighting their own mad people losing these numbers. But yes, you too would lose a lot of people, as they ahve you way outnumbered, even with the armies you just additionally summoned. Remember, mad does not per se mean disorganised! That's just one of many forms of madness. Besides, on the battle field it matters very little anyways, you just have two armies storming at each other and fighting. A large part of the numbers lost are simply your people who turned mad, who you have then killed.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So NONE of the ape people would think about following a different god, EVER, for ANY reason. Because thats what all those other people are, random cultists from various areas who worshiped me secretly.

And really, given the nature of the virus and the way its worded, they ARE a disorganized rabble. They just attack anything that gets close, and they aren't organized. Whereas my army, being as it is under the strict supervision of a god of order, would not suffer as many losses as you seem to think. Now I'm not saying we don't lose any, we do, but given the number of our troops who CANT be affected by the plague and are tougher than mortal races we probably dont incur nearly as many losses as we might

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Koli

The golem of law

The golem of law had taken his lawyer and took the books of law and started to leave the libary, leaving it to burn as long as he had his lawyer abit the lawyer was mad and violent but still the golem of law considered it his.

The false Koli

The false Koli's anger was immense. "A simple no would've suffice. Do you truely think that the best thing for you was to anger a god."
    The false Koli launched himself in an attack against the god of the underworld.