New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Camp Sleep S'More (Night One)

Dan slows down as soon as he hears Larra, and waits for her to catch up. He starts shivering. "I probably should have brought something warmer..."
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

"It should be nice and warm by the fire," Larra assures him as they hurry toward where the other campers are gathering.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

After bringing his spare jackets from the cabin, Ganurath makes his way to the bonfire. He notices somebody shivering, so he tosses one of the spares to Dan. "Give it back after the bonfire, okay?"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

The Face of Evil raises his hand. "Hey, Mr. Tie-Dye," he says, addressing Smellie Hippie, "to contact my folks I need to sacrifice a farm animal and draw ceremonial symbols in its entrails. So, do you suppose I could get a goat or a lamb or something instead of this quarter?"

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

*Out in the woods there is head a straaaaaaange sound in the distance*

Waaaaashaaaawadooooida... ...shaaalorrrr

*the sound of breaking branches can be heard. The sound is coming closer...*

Waaaaashaaaawadooooidadunkinshaaalor!!!

It's just outside of the radius of the firelight now. A shambling figure gives another hideous cry!*

Waaaaashaaaawadooooidadunkinshaaalor!!!

*A dark figure lurches into the light*

Errrrrlieundamoooorninnn!!

*Mr. Trog stops in front of the fire, sways a bit, then with a zip of his overalls relieves himself on the fire. With a hiss and a FWOOOM! the fire leaps higher due to the distinctly high alcohol content of the janitor's bladder.*

Evnin kiddies. *swigs off of his paper bag* Drink up me hearties Yo Ho...

*stumbles off into the night*

Waaaayheeyanupsherizzez, Waaaayheeyanupsherizzez, Waaaayheeyanupsherizzez, Gotwoodinnnamornin! *hic*

6. - Top - End - #156

@ Jim: "Sounds great! Come over to the fire; we'll be late. As for the pranking, maybe tomorrow? Meet you here at around 6?"

Without waiting for a reply, Nadia dashes off to the comforts of her Llama blanket beside the fire.

Once she's comfy, she calls out "Come sit over here!"

((ooc: I don't actually INTEND to prank anyone. Yet. Just so you know. Nadia will keep coming up with increasingly ridiculous excuses, from an RP perspective.))
    Last edited by Nychta; 2008-03-17 at 12:30 AM.
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

Gizmo, still focused intently on his PSP takes a seat by the fire, but is clearly not paying any attention. Though he does manage to move out the way of stumbling drunken janitor in time to avoid any splashback.

(Trog...you're my hero!)
    Masquerade Indy by Gnomish Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Mustiado View Post
    Still think that was an epic prank, *snip* Kudos, gentlemen.
    I was outzombied by the baby!!

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

"I was thinking more like tonight - midnight... after the campfire story, aren't you coming to the campfire, anyway?"

Jim replies as he slides up to the campfire, still not in his pajamas, as many of the other campers appear to be. He draws his hoodie closed and stares into the flames, waiting for Hippie to begin.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

9. - Top - End - #159

Darion looked up from the copy of the map with the river plan only when the sun set and he could no longer easily read what he'd written. It was going to take a lot more time to extend the trench all the way to the cabin. He slowly worked his way up the hill only to see several incongruous things. Grumbling a word he learned from his Grandfather under his breath, he took out the long stick with the Y split and moved the bucket, trudging back down all the way to the trench to empty it. He then walked all the way back up to the cabin, only to spy _another_ bucket up on the roof. Shaking his head, he picked up some rocks and kept throwing until he knocked it over. At this point he was suspicious, and began to look around the cabin at length. The fishing line trap was 'disarmed' by pushing the long stick against it until enough pressure was applied to send the remains of the sleeping bag falling to earth without opening the window. The stink holes went unnoticed and the trick step would have, except Darion needed to go into the cabin to retrieve his book and booklight - so it collapsed under him, sending him spilling into the mud.

This prompted an entire string of words he'd learned from his Grandfather. When he managed to push himself to his feet, he stomped up the good stairs of the cabin, opened the door, grabbed his pack and slung it over his shoulder. He then stumped outside, carefully stepping around the bad step, then looking for something to jam under the bad step so nobody else's clothes would be ruined because someone had to be an jerk.

He headed toward the center of camp for the inevitable bedtime story, noticing 'Larra and Dan approaching from another direction.

"Hey ... hello there ... good to meet you, I think," he mumbles under his breath - the dirt from the mud from his spill with the trick step has done little to help an already somewhat disheveled appearance. He sucks in a breath quietly, face scrunching up a bit as the stresses of the day begin to catch up with him.
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2008-03-17 at 01:09 AM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

DD turns around in his bed. Meh a bakers life is sure tough.
    DD jumps out of bed, sets the oven on on pre-heat and starts preparing ingredients.
    Second clockwise, third up. Yes and now let it sudder for 5 ours and 22 minuts and 39 seconds.
    With that, DD hops back in bed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

(ooc) Aww c'mon Helgraf couldn't you let SHADOW be the one to find them all?...Of course all those pranks were DESIGNED to be set up once you were all inside..because I didn't see Hippie's post about the campfire...otherwise I would have done something different... Like this....(/ooc)

Sitting on a log is a small sign saying..reserved for Shadow. It sits on an innocent looking log all alone. JAGG turns up in jeans and a hoodie, his hands buried deep in their pockets after Mr Trog "stokes" the fire.
    Jondar in Winding Roads

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

DD wakes up again, seeing all the traps, he ´neatly´ avoides them, as much as a 9 year old can.

He then go´s fishing. Completely missing and ignoring the weird stares he gets from the people by the campfire.
    What? I also make Fish Cookies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

13. - Top - End - #163

[/COLOR][/COLOR]Midnight's when I'll be... out... getting, uh, food. Sorry. I should have said; I only drink mammal blood.
    You notice the bags under the young teen's eyes. I guess there just aren't enough hours in the day for me, she smiles wanly. Staring at the fire, she somehow flicks a small flame out of it and holds it close. Mmm, warm...

((Is that font colour easy enough to distinguish between Nadia's speech and other actions?))
    formerly known as xNadia

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

Junior screams when the fire leaps up, and then takes out her annoyance by firing a few duckies and Mr Trog.
    Spoiler
    Show

VJ: Dr. Bath

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I have to say I wish to make love to your no saying the horrible pluralization of ninja rule.

I'm not a girl, and I'm not a boy. I'm an androgyne, so please don't call me "him" or "her" - call me "zi" instead if you can. If you've got a problem with this, then don't both flaming, I'll just ignore you.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mountain Faerie flits through camp rounding up the rest of the straggling campers. This is the strangest group of kids we've ever had. I can't believe they all wanted to go to bed without a campfire story. They might as well have stayed at home, curled up in their camper-tops. I guess we'll have to show them the true meaning of camp.

v: scoops up Dallas-Dakota, hands him a fish, and carries him off to the campfire.
    Last edited by Mountain_Faerie; 2008-03-17 at 08:01 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

You love me... you really love me!

Ceikatar by the best Ceika, ever!

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Hey! I take offense to tha'! DD yells at the flying thingy.
    I want a bedside story but I go to bed around 6 times a day. sleeping around 2 hours each time, bedtime stories would take to much time. And as I proved with my mom, the stories run out quik, so I won't have any for when I need one! But I'm wanting one!
    After I'm done fishing...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

17. - Top - End - #167

"Hey. I'm Dan. What's your name?" Dan suddenly seems to notice Darion's clothes. "What happened to you?"
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Barbarian in the Playground

Bargin walks to the circle around the camp fire, and find's himself a comfy place to sit.. he then looks at the fire with a somewhat sad face.

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

19. - Top - End - #169

Supagoof finds a spot around the campfire with the rest of the cabin mafia.

Yeah, Sees, us Mafia gots to stick together sees, yeah! We's here for some ghost stories sees, cause we ain't scarred o nuttin. Now we sees if them bunches of yous out there has anything to say about it?
    He says is a poorly imitated Cagney voice.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

20. - Top - End - #170
    Pixie in the Playground

Jerry works his way over to the camp fire, with little else to do besides sleep. He tries to avoid Jagg for fear he might be a causality in the on going prankwar between him and Shadow. He was skeptical about the story, it would probably dribble down a time when the camp director found a 20 year old permanent marker, he had some experience along those line from phone conversations with his aunt.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Halfling in the Playground

"Hey, 'Goof, we're in the same cabin! Isn't that cool. This is going to be so much fun."

Jontom flops to the ground next to Supagoof, prattling endlessly, hardly seeming to need to pause to breathe.

"What do you think the story's gonna be about? I hope it's about werewolves. I like werewolf stories. And Games. Werewolf games are fun too, don't you think? Do you think werewolves are real? Do you reckon any of those other kids are werewolves? I'm not a werewolf, though it'd be quite cool to be a werewolf. I'd rather be a were-black-panther though. Black panthers are cool. They're way cooler than wolves. Wolves are just dogs really, and dogs are boring and stupid really. I'd much rather be a cat than a dog, don't you think? Cats are much cleverer than dogs. You throw a stick for a dog and the dog just goes and fetches it. How slavish! You throw a stick for a cat and it just looks at you and thinks; If you want the damn stick why'd you throw it away you moron! Don't you think? Cats are way cooler than any other animal. I like cats."
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

22. - Top - End - #172

Cats are okay. Our cat at home is named *Squish. Squish the cat! Dad has a sense of humor. But if you like werewolves why do you like cats cause wolves are quite close to dogs you know? And they can change in humans. But the only human I know that's a cat is catwoman. She fights batman, who isn't a bat at all, but he has really cool toys that go no his belt.

Supagoof joins in the discussion at a similar excited pace and talk.

((*True story, my cat's name is Sqush.))
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

23. - Top - End - #173
    Halfling in the Playground

"Squish is a silly name for a cat. You can't squish cats 'cos they're too quick. I like werewolves 'cause they're cool and fierce and scary and wild, but I like were-panthers better 'cause they're cool and fierce and scary and wild but they're also cats and more graceful and stylish and cool an' stuff. And quicker. Catwoman is cool. I'd like to be like catwoman, but a boy obviously, like catboy or something. Batman isn't very cool. You know bats are just rats with wings really and rats are icky. Cats kill rats. I wouldn't want to be a flying rat. A flying cat might be quite cool though."
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

24. - Top - End - #174

Little Rogue is singing loud and listening to her favourite band on her walkman.

"Take me down to the Paradise City,
    where the grass is green and the boys are pret
    -*PAUSE*

What? It's already dark outside?

I think I'm supposed to be doing something now, but can't remember what.. And where's everybody?

And what's that light over there? It looks like..

The Fire!!!

I can't believe I almost missed that!!

She is one of the last to arrive. She sits on a good spot, and waits for mr.Hippie's story.
    Last edited by I'm da Rogue!; 2008-03-17 at 11:29 AM.

All artwork stolen from Bathy

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175

Darion shook his head in annoyance. "Someone decided our cabin needed to be sabotaged, so they broke one of the steps so it wouldn't hold up if you stepped on it. Well, I'm the one who stepped on it and fell down into the mud because someone had to be a big old jerk." He tried to brush away some of the dirt, but only really succeeded in getting his hand dirty.

He paused a bit. "Nnnmm. So, what'd you do today?"
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

26. - Top - End - #176

Nadia hears Helgraf's story, and giggles. Wow, and it's not even past our first night yet. She stops giggling when she sees the number of dark looks coming towards her. Uh, of course it's still bad, though... She smiles embarassedly and looks guiltily towards Jim.
    formerly known as xNadia

27. - Top - End - #177

BardGuy

Franky, for lack of a better description, is fairly bouncing in place near the campfire... He hasn't actually moved three inches from where he sat down, but no part of him ever actually seems to be stationary. "Ooh, ooh, my last camp never told scarystories, they said it'd give all the little kids baddreams, like the time I watched a movie my parents said I was too young to watch while I was over at my friends house, but his parents said we were old enough... Couldn't sleep for a week, seeing Littlefoot's mother die every time I closed my eyes... But I really liked the movie."

Franky didn't bother with putting on any sort of coat, so while he looks like he should be cold, wearing shorts and a T-shirt, he doesn't seem to have noticed it yet... "Cabin Lamalamaduck is gonna be so much fun! I bet we're all gonna be really good friends, right? Right?"

He moves over to be closer to Francis (Freshmeat), who he remembers being in his cabin, "Hey, you're named Francis, too? I haven't met 'nother Francis yet, but only my daddy and my teacher call me that, and only when I'm in trouble. I bet we're gonna have alot of fun here at camp! Don't you think so?"
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

28. - Top - End - #178

The oversize turtle that will probably end up being declared the official mascot of cabin Pirates stops his digging shortly before the sun goes down. He glides slowly over towards the firepit, picking up his quarter on the way, and then realizes that his quarter has just enough psychic energy in it for him to contact dad once.

He spends quite a lot of time trying to find a good spot to watch the campfire, trying to be close enough to keep warmish, but not get roasted.

It's tough being semi-cold blooded

He finally settles in at the end of one of the benches and awaits the scary story.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

JAGG walks up to Helgraf, "You tripped the pranks? Well I'm sorry about that, they were for Shadow not you. You have my apologies. I couldn't help overhearing though that you think I am a big jerk for doing so. Are you aware that Shadow was being a big bully to me and has also pranked me in return? I mean look at me. I'm six, Shadow is a lot bigger than me, if I thought I had a chance I would have punched him for trying to bully me but I'm not big enough. Now despite my size I stood up for myself and told Shadow that I'd prank him silly if he bullied me or anyone else during this camp. Well do you want the pranks to stop? Then you man up and take some responsibility for the small kids at the camp and let Shadow know that his behaviour is not acceptable. Good luck with that." he says and wanders back to his spot near the fire.
    Last edited by Jagg; 2008-03-17 at 06:31 PM.
    Jondar in Winding Roads

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Jim blushes as Nadia shoots him the guilty look.
    Wait a second, Helgraf was in my cabin - I must find the perpetraitor and prank him right back!

then JAGG apolgises to Helgraf, explaining the traps were meant for O'Thadow.

In that case, I'll Prank O'Thadow... yes, no-one will suspect it was me!
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2008-03-17 at 06:35 PM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP