New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Any Orc/Goblinoid Fans??

Well, let's get started.

Overall, I like it. I was going to rant a bit on how it was overpowered, but then I had sort of a revelation. Some things just need to change a bit.

1) make the natural armor an actual increase, not enhancement.

2) wow, it looks alright. I can't think of very many problems at all. It does seem a little powerful though, even taking into account the requirements.
    My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help? Want to see what I've done? Want to see what others have done well? Check it out.

Join the PrC creation contest!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DonThelonious
    ...But you have never given any bad advice as far as I have seen. Not to mention, unlike some other people I see around here, you actually know what your talking about.

Trust dman11235.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Barghessian" looks.... good! Feed could be tweaked a bit more though - personally, I'd remove the restriction on who killed it (but put a duration, say 1 minute, before the body's no longer useful), and prevent it from infinitely scaling. Did you consult the Soul Eater class when making this? It has some fairly similar abilities, and I can easily see a Goblin XYZ 5 / Barghessian 10 / Soul Eater 5 being abnormally powerful.

All in all I love the flavour, and the fact that you need to be Goblin helps balance it out. Great job!

3. - Top - End - #33

I really like the feel of this. I'm definitely going to try it for game balance in an upcoming game.

My only suggestions are:

1. Make it start as a template of a fiendish ritual. Maybe make some sort of 3 level prc that summons and receives the 'blessings' of the barghest. The subject of the template is so consumed with rage, usually at humans etc.... that they give up all their goblinhood to take on the barghest taint.

Then figure out what would be a fair deal to the barghest and make that the price of the ritual. A smart barghest might find it far easier to corrupt a goblin or two in exchange for a ready food supply. They're bodies are really vulnerable when they sleep but a cult of evil might protect them - there is a mutual need here.

2. For survivors from previous Goblin\Barghest unions you may want to make it a fiendish bloodline. Most goblins would be repelled at this but sometimes its not so good to be a goblin. The leaders might not mind the sacrifices of the _other_ goblins so much if it gives them a weapon to use against their enemies. Evil cult leaders, knowing of this use for goblins, might be delighted.

Sigurd.

Nice pic, where's it from?
    Logo by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Giant Among Orcs (Su): Whenever you enter Rage or Frenzy you become Large Sized, along with your equipment. Your Base Speed increases 10 feet, Reach increases to 10', and you gain all the abilities listed on page 291 of the Monster Manual for going from Medium to Large. Remember also that your weapon damage increases due to Size Class.

Giant Transformation (Ex): At 10th level you undergo radical magical surgeries taking 24 hours and costing x GP in materials.. Giant Among Orcs becomes permanent, not just when raging. When using Rage or Frenzy you now gain Fast Healing 3.
    Giant Among Orcs should either be a Spell-Like Ability (I mean, it's almost exactly like the first level spell, Enlarge Person) or it should not increase the size of his/her equipment. Personally, I recommend the latter - categorized as either Supernatural or Extraordinary - especially when coupled with Giant Transformation.

As written, me and my 4 buddies could take a single ounce of ultra-rare star metal, go through our surgeries and end up with roughly a ton of the stuff.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

I like the Barghessian, though it is odd that a polymorph into an 'unusually large wolf' remains exactly the same as the SRD wolf entry.

I'd be interested in seeing your Beast Rider PrC, I've always had a fondness for wolf-riding gobbos.

As for the One Eyed PrC: it's interesting. It makes the Hexblade's curse into something that's actually dangerous. And I don't mind that it's based on an alternate class feature, since every Hexblade I've ever played or met took that alternate feature.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mroozee View Post
    Giant Among Orcs should either be a Spell-Like Ability (I mean, it's almost exactly like the first level spell, Enlarge Person) or it should not increase the size of his/her equipment. Personally, I recommend the latter - categorized as either Supernatural or Extraordinary - especially when coupled with Giant Transformation.

As written, me and my 4 buddies could take a single ounce of ultra-rare star metal, go through our surgeries and end up with roughly a ton of the stuff.
    How bout if I redo the text on Giant Transformation to say the Giant Among Orcs is permanent in regards only to the orc himself not the equipment?

Oh and any thoughts on what the cost for the ritual should be?

Will be posting another PrC as soon as I feel these two are better.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

7. - Top - End - #37
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfPirate

May I request that your next posted Prc be the "Ironheart Samurai". Any hobgoblin Prc would be alright, but that one in particular jumped out at me.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Level20Commoner View Post
    May I request that your next posted Prc be the "Ironheart Samurai". Any hobgoblin Prc would be alright, but that one in particular jumped out at me.
    The only ones I have done or are currently working on are the ones with asterisks by the name.

But theres nothing that says I can't take requests :D It'll take me a bit to finish cause it's a busy weekend:

The only ones I have done or are currently working on are the ones with asterisks by the name.

But theres nothing that says I can't take requests :D It'll take me a bit to finish cause it's a busy weekend:

IRONHEART SAMURAI

"My heart would go out to you if I still had one."

Even among the Hobgoblins of the Far East there are those who will do anything for power, even things most would turn away from. Such a Hobgoblin is the Ironheart Samurai. Having their heart replaced with iron gives many benefits, but it eventually makes them emotionless machines. A price some are all too willing to pay as they consider emotion a hindrance instead of a possible asset. Not having emotions makes following the Code of Bushido far, far easier. You might at first be upset that people openly call you an abomination, but even that will fade with time.

Conceived decades ago as a method of creating unstoppable soldiers, the Ritual nearly wiped out a generation of aristocracy, as they were no longer capable of having children. It ended up being such a debacle that all who knew of it's existence were put down or exiled if they managed to escape. Rumors of it's existence persist however, and the remnants of those former nobility are now roaming the lands as forgotten gypsies. They will still perform the Ritual for a price, without telling the arrogant young samurai of the true price they will pay for their lust for power.

BECOMING AN IRONHEART SAMURAI
    Ironheart Samurai start as simple warriors in the service of their lord. Many will have heard of the Ritual of the Dead Heart, but the Ironheart Samurai is the one willing to seek it out and have it performed.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Hobgoblin
    Class Abilities: Staredown
    Skills: Concentration 4 Ranks, Intimidate 4 Ranks
    Feats: Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave
    Special: Must have spent 2000 GP on magical surgery (The Ritual of the Dead Heart) to have your heart ripped out and replaced with an iron replica. The Ritual takes 24 hours. If it is interrupted you die, but may be Raised or Resurrected normally.

Class Skills
    The Ironheart Samurai's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Any, Int), Listen (Wis), and Sense Motive (Wis)
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d10

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +1    +2     +0     +2    Ritual of the Dead Heart (The Beginning)
    2. +2    +3     +0     +3    Unfeeling (Bloodless)
    3. +3    +3     +1     +3    Iron Warrior (Iron Toughness)
    4. +4    +4     +1     +4    Ritual of the Dead Heart (Ensanguination)
    5. +5    +4     +1     +4    Unfeeling (Numb)
    6. +6    +5     +2     +5    Iron Warrior (Iron Fists)
    7. +7    +5     +2     +5    Unfeeling (Iron Skin)
    8. +8    +6     +2     +6    Ritual of the Dead Heart (Terror)
    9. +9    +6     +3     +6    Iron Warrior (Iron Armor)
    10.+10   +7     +3     +7    Immortal
    Weapon Proficiencies: Ironheart Samurai gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Ritual of the Dead Heart (Ex): At 1st level your type changes to Living Construct with the Goblinoid subtype. In other words although you are a Living Construct, you are still considered a Hobgoblin for purposes of Feats/PrC's etc which require you to be a Hobgoblin. You no longer age, and are effectively immortal unless slain. You can fool people into believing you are a corpse with a DC 10 Bluff check (just by lying still and not moving).

At 4th level you discover that fresh blood now heals your wounds. Anytime you are covered in blood, or have drank at least 1 full cup of it, you gain Fast Healing 4 for 1 round per Ironheart Samurai level.

At 8th level your Samurai or Ronin and Ironheart Samurai levels stack for determining when you get Mass Staredown, Improved Staredown, and Frightful Presence.

Unfeeling (Ex): Beginning at 2nd level you no longer bleed and are immune to the Wounding ability and any spell/effect that requires you to have blood.

At 5th level you become immune to Stunning and Pain Effects (i.e. spells such as Wrack, Symbol of Pain, etc.).

At 7th level you become immune to Ability Damage/Drain, death and necromancy effects, and any spell/effect requiring a Fortitude Save unless it specifically states that it effects objects as well.

Iron Warrior (Ex): At 3rd level your Natural Armor Class Bonus improves (or you gain one if you do not have it) by a number equal to your Ironheart Samurai level. I.E. if you are a 10th level Ironheart Samurai, you have a +10 Natural AC Bonus.

At 6th level you gain a Slam Attack equal to 1d6 plus your Strength Modifier, or your Unarmed Strike damage increased by 1 step, whichever is greater (i.e. if your unarmed strike does 1d6 the slam does 1d8). If you make a Full Attack you get 2 Slam Attacks.

At 9th level you gain Damage Reduction 10/Cold Iron.

Immortal (Ex): You are now immune to Critical hits. You gain Energy Resistance 10 (Cold, Electricity, Fire). Your Fast Healing gained from blood drinking is instead Regeneration 5 now. You cannot regenerate acid damage.

PLAYING AN IRONHEART SAMURAI
    You are flush with new power. For a time this doesn't change you, and many praise your prowess on the field. Eventually however, things will go awry. You begin to lose some of your emotions, and not everyone loses the same ones first. An Ironheart incapable of respect or admiration or loyalty will quickly become a Ronin or an outlaw. One incapable of sadness or fear might be considered insane or at least eccentric. If he can't feel anger, that's downright unnatural. Once he begins to consider things logically instead of emotionally, he runs into a quandary. he has sworn an oath to his lord, but many of his lords actions are illogical and counter productive. Does he continue to follow Bushido, or go Ronin? Or does he simply kill his lord and take his place.
    Combat: Being somewhat more well protected than most, the Ironheart Samurai concentrates on making himself even tougher in a fight, making himself as difficult to put down as he can. You can defeat any opponent as long as you can outlast them.
    Advancement: Given that you will soon be difficult to heal (and spilling blood to do so), and will have certain mental...difficulties, it is almost certain you will become an ex-Samurai at some point unless your lord is willing to overlook the problems you create to have you on his side. Usually most Ironheart Samurai who can't control themselves end up exchanging Samurai levels for the Ronin PrC.
    Resources: You will have the resources available of any typical Samurai. i.e. if your lord believes you need something to get the job done, it's yours for the asking. If he doesn't, good luck. You'll need to be a bit more ingenious.

IRONHEART SAMURAI IN THE WORLD
    "He hasn't been the same since he came back from that trip last summer..."
    Ironheart Samurai are somewhat tragic. In their quest for power they have undergone a dangerous and life-altering surgery, and are slowly losing both their 'humanity' (for lack of a better term) and their mortality. In the end whether or not becoming a soulless, emotionless machine is worth it is a toss up. What use in gaining power and respect if you no longer feel the need to enjoy it. Many end up going insane somewhere along the line or so offend their lord that they must go Ronin.
    Daily Life: Eventually your life will be consumed with battle and affairs of state. Since you will no longer need food or rest, you will find your self with many hours with nothing to do. Some Ironheart Samurai become proficient serial killers unknown to their court.
    Notables: Tetsuo (LE Male Hobgoblin, Samurai 6/Ironheart Samurai 6). Tetsuo has wanted the Ritual of the Dead Hearts power ever since hearing of it's existence. Years later, he wonders if he made the right decision. He gets no rest as he no longer sleeps, and all food tastes the same to him, bland and metallic. He hasn't eaten in some time. The Ritual has made him impotent, and immune to poisons, so even alcohol and women are denied him. At night when everyone is asleep he's been leaving the castle grounds, and committing murders in the night. Given that he has the right to kill peasants as a Samurai he doesn't understand why he feels the need to be stealthy about it. At times he wonders if he's lost his mind.
    Organizations: As a Samurai you are always part of an organization, i.e. the government. However, someone had to perform the Ritual of the Dead Heart upon you. And they may consider you beholden to them...

NPC Reaction
    NPC's (particularly peasants) tend to regard you with abject terror. Even your fellow hobgoblins are afraid of you, since you no longer seem predictable or capable of mercy.

IRONHEART SAMURAI IN THE GAME
    Ironheart Samurai will be a tad difficult to roleplay, since doing it adequately means depicting a slow slide into insanity, depression, or maybe even complete emptiness. They definitely aren't team players after a certain point.
    Adaptation: Ironheart Samurai are definitely for serious campaigns, especially horror settings.
    Encounters: PC's will usually encounter Ironheart Samurai if they're on the wrong side of a battle he's fighting, or perhaps they will be asked by the Daimyo to find out who's been murdering the peasantry in secret.

Sample Encounter
    Give an example of how one might encounter a member of this PrC.
    EL 12: Tetsuo has been murdering locals, and the Daimyo is not pleased. The PC's are recently arrested gaijin who have been given an ultimatum: Find the murderer and stop him without embarrassing the government, or be put to death. If they agree, they will be given some leeway, and will be presented as expendable barbarians sent to stop an equally unstable monster. If not, they go straight to the executioner's block.

Tetsuo
    LE Male Hobgoblin Samurai 6/Ironheart Samurai 6
    Init +6, Senses: Listen +4, Spot +0, Dark Vision 60'
    Languages Common, Goblin
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC 33, touch 14, flat-footed 32 (+1 Dex, +6 Natural, +13 Armor, +3 Deflection)
    hp 90 (12 HD)
    Fort +12, Ref +6, Will +7
    ------------------------------------------------
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares), 20 ft. in armor
    Melee Slam +15/+10/+5 (1d6+3) or Katana +16/+11/+6 (1d10+4/17-20)
    Base Atk +12, Grp +15
    Atk Options Kiai Smite 1/day (+3), Staredown
    Combat Gear 4 Cure Serious Wounds Potions.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 16
    SQ Two Swords As One, Iaijutsu, Ritual of the Dead Heart, Unfeeling
    Feats Cleave, Great Cleave, Improved Critical (Bastard Sword), Improved Initiative, Power Attack
    Skills Concentration +6, Intimidate +7, Knowledge (Nobility) +6, Listen +4, Ride +6, Sense Motive +7
    Possessions +1 Bloodfeeding Impaling Whirling Katana, +5 Full Plate, Ring of Mind Shielding, +3 Ring of Protection, 4 Cure Serious Wounds Potions, 15 gp

EPIC IRONHEART SAMURAI

Hit Die: d10
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int
    Iron Warrior: You Natural Armor Bonus increases by +1 for each level.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Darkened Eye gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2008-12-20 at 06:58 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

9. - Top - End - #39

ElfPirate

Thank you very much Mr. Bhu. The fluff looks very good for the Ironheart Samurai, but when I saw 'Staredown' as a prerequisite, a chill ran up my spine. Are you really going to require that someone have levels in the 'Complete Warrior' Samurai class. It is considered by some (myself included) to be one of the weakest base classes ever made. I think the 'Oriental Adventures' samurai, while very similar to the fighter, at least allows a samurai to choose his feat path, so he doesn't have to use TWF or Intimidation if he doesn't want to. As for the Ironheart Samurai, I can definitely imagine that intimidating people would be part of their routine, so by all means, insist on potential candidates for the Prc having at least 4+ ranks in the Intimidate Skill.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you very much Mr. Bhu. The fluff looks very good for the Ironheart Samurai, but when I saw 'Staredown' as a prerequisite, a chill ran up my spine. Are you really going to require that someone have levels in the 'Complete Warrior' Samurai class. It is considered by some (myself included) to be one of the weakest base classes ever made. I think the 'Oriental Adventures' samurai, while very similar to the fighter, at least allows a samurai to choose his feat path, so he doesn't have to use TWF or Intimidation if he doesn't want to. As for the Ironheart Samurai, I can definitely imagine that intimidating people would be part of their routine, so by all means, insist on potential candidates for the Prc having at least 4+ ranks in the Intimidate Skill.
    The reason for 100+ PrC's is that I tried to make one for just about every class out there (yeah, I'm stupidly thorough). The PrC will make up for the Samurai I hope. If you want an intimidating guy who can take/deliver a beating, this will with any luck be the PrC for it.
    Orcs and Goblins

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Okay I have 90% of the fluff up if you wanna peek. Working on the crunch now.
    Orcs and Goblins

12. - Top - End - #42

Hello everyone. I'm the third main guy from the PrC thread on the Wizards Boards. Lately I've been the hobgoblin specialist but Ive created PrC's for any of them. I'll get working on posting my creations over here.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Wats!!!! Nice to see you!
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #44

The Greatweapon Smith

"You want big weapon? I got big weapon, made it this mornin'. It cut through elfs like butter."
    - Greatsmith Thokk Elfrender

Every Orc tribe needs a blacksmith to create their weapons of destruction, you are that orc. You can create fierce weapons and be just as deadly with them. You specialize in two-handed weapons and you know how you cut down many creatures with them.

Becoming a Greatweapon Smith (aka Greatsmith)
    Fighters and other melee types are usually Greatweapon Smiths. Their strenght and profiency with two-handed martial weapons make them ideal for the class. Rangers and Barbarians especially are also really good as their higher skill points make it easier to get the required skills.

Game Rule Information:
    The Greatweapon Smith has the following game stats.
    Abilities: Int is pretty important as is gives them skill points and helps determine their caster level when they can create magical arms and armor. A decent Con helps out as it helps determine the number of uses for a couple of the Greatsmith's abilities. A good Str is also pretty important since you are using two-handed weapons.
    Alignment: Any

Entry Requirements:
    To qualify to become a Greatweapon Smith, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
    Race: Orc
    Skills: Craft (Weaponsmithing) +6
    Feats: Monkey Grip, Power Attack
    Special: Must have created a masterwork two-handed martial weapon in the presence of another Greatweapon smith.

Class skills

The Greatweapon Smith class skills (and the key ability modifier for each skill) are: Appraise (Int), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Gather Info (Cha), Intimitade (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str)
    Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier.

Code:
    The Greatweapon Smith
    Level	BAB	Fort	Ref	Will	Special              
    1	+1	+2	+0	+0	Great Smithy, Signature Weapon
    2	+2	+3	+0	+0	Blade Block +1, Meat Cleaver
    3	+3	+3	+1	+1	Fast Smithy, Improved Signature Weapon, Weapon Sabotage
    4	+4	+4	+1	+1	Blade Block +2, Death Grip, Great Arc Swing
    5	+5	+4	+1	+1	Master Smithy, Great Signature Weapon
    6	+6	+5	+2	+2	Blade Block +3, Armor Rending Charge
    Class features
    All of the following are class features of the Greatweapon Smith prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Greatweapon Smith is proficient with all Simple and Martial Weapons. They are proficent with light and medium armors but not with shields.

Great Smithy (Ex): A Greatweapon Smith is really adept at creating weapons. A Greatweapon Smith adds his class level to Craft (Weaponsmithing) checks. Also, a Greatweapon Smith works in the hot forge so much that their body adapts to the extreme heat; their body can resist hot temperatures as the Endure Elements spell.

Signature Weapon (Ex): A Greatweapon Smith specializes in one weapon and that becomes his signature weapon. This blade is a masterwork blade that the Greatsmith created. A Greatweapon Smith chooses one Two-Handed Weapon and gains Weapon Focus as well as a +1 on Damage.

Blade Block (Ex): At 2nd Level, the Greatweapon Smith learns how to use the size of the blade to block incoming attacks. The Greatweapon Smith adds +1 to his AC as a Shield Bonus. This improves at 4th and 6th level to +2 and +3 respectively.

Meat Cleaver: At 2nd Level, the Greatweapon Smith learns how to use the weight and force of the blade to conintue with a swing that kills one of his enemies. The Greatweapon Smith gains Cleave as a bonus feat.

Fast Smithy (Ex): At 3rd Level, the Greatweapon Smith improves on his already amazing smithy skills. He learns how to rush jobs to make weapons faster. A Greatweapon Smith may choose to do twice the amount of work in one week cutting the time down by one week to make. A Greatweapon Smith can do this 1 + Con Mod times per weapon. If the Craft Check fails and you make no progress, you still make 1 week progress. After the Greatweapon Smith finishes the weapon, he takes 4 Temp Con damage until he rests for 3 complete days.

Improved Signature Weapon (Ex): At 3rd Level, The Greatweapon Smith begins to develop extraorndinary power with his signature weapon. The weapon becomes a +1 Weapon in his hands.

Weapon Sabotage (Ex): At 3rd Level, The Greatweapon Smith knows how to create weapons really well, and he also knows how to destroy them just as well. The Greatweapon Smith may ignore half the weapons hardness when trying to sunder it. He may also ignore half hardness when trying to break an unattended object.

Death Grip (Ex): At 4th Level, The Greatweapon Smith's grip on his weapon tightens even more as he can use it more effeciently. The Greatweapon Smith may ignore the -2 Attack Penalty from Monkey Grip.

Great Arc Swing (Ex): At 4th Level, The Greatweapon Smith learns how to use the size of the blade to strike more than one target, and still with deadly force. A Greatweapon Smith may, as a Standard action, attack two targets that are adjacent to each other with a -3 penalty on the second attack. A Greatweapon Smith can do this 1 + Con Mod times per day. If the attack misses, you still use up one of your attempts for the day.

Master Smithy (Sp/Su?): At 5th Level, The Greatweapon Smith masters his abilities and learns how to create magical arms and armor. A Greatweapon Smith gains Craft Magical Arms & Armor with a Caster Level equal to his Greatweapon Smith Level + (2 * Int Mod).

Great Signature Weapon (Ex): At 5th Level, The Greatweapon Smith further masters his use of his signature weapon and crafting. The weapon becomes a +3 Weapon, or you can give it any of the following properities equal to a +3 bonus.

+1 Properties:
    Bane
    Berserker
    Bloodfeeding
    Brash
    Brutal Surge
    Chargebreaker
    Corrosive
    Fiercebane (req: Bane)
    Flaming
    Frost
    Hunting
    Impact
    Impaling
    Keen
    Knockback
    Maiming
    Mage Bane
    Mighty Cleaving
    Screaming
    Shock
    Sundering
    Sweeping
    Vicious
    Whirling

+2 Bonus:
    Collision
    Disarming
    Domineering
    Energy Aura
    Flaming Burst
    Fleshgrinding
    Icy Burst
    Impendence
    Metalline
    Shocking Burst
    Transmuting

Armor Rending Charge (Ex): At 6th Level, The Greatweapon Smith learns how to turn a charge into an attack that hits so hard it ignores armor. The Greatweapon Smith may, at the end of a charge, forgo the +2 attack bonus and make a Armor Rending Strike. An Armor Rending strike is a Melee Touch Attack that if hits, deals an extra +2d6 Damage. A Greatweapon Smith may use this 2 + Con Mod times per day.

Kogthor

Male Orc Barbiarian 5/ Greatweapon Smith 6
    CE Medium Humanoid (Orc) Height: 6' 4'' Weight: 232 lbs.
    Languages: Common, Orc, Goblin
    ---------------------------------------
    Init: +2
    AC 23 (21 Raging) (+1 Dex, +5 Mwk Chain Shirt, +3 Shield, +2 Nat. Armor, +2 Deflection), touch 13, flat-footed 23
    HP 88 (5d12 + 10 + 6d10 +12) (HP 110 Raging)
    Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +5 (+7 Raging)
    Speed: 40 ft. (8 Squares)
    Melee: +17/+12/+7 +1 Keen Berserker Large Greatsword (3d6+10 17-20/x2 Slashing)
    Ranged: +14/+9/+4 Mwk. (+1 Str) Composite Shortbow (1d8+1, 20/x3, 70ft)
    BAB: +11/+6/+1; Grp: +14
    Attack Options: Rage 2/Day, Armor Rending Charge, Weapon Sabotage, Great Arc Swing, Improved Sunder
    Abilities: Str 18, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8 (28 Point Buy)
    SQ: Darkvision 60ft, Fast Movement, Trap Sense +1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Master Smithy, Blade Block +3, Greater Signature Weapon, Death Grip
    Feats: Powerful Charge (+1d8 on Charge), Power Attack, Monkey Grip, Cleave, Improved Sunder, Weapon Focus (Greatsword)
    Skills: Appraise +4, Balance +3, Climb +7, Craft (Weaponsmithing) +14, Intimidate +7, Jump +13, Listen +6, Ride +4, Spot +6, Survival +5, Swim +9, Tumble +7
    Possessions: +1 Keen Berserker Large Greatsword, +1 Agility Chain Shirt, Amulet of Nat. Armor +2, Helmet of Relfexsive Will (+2 Ref, +2 Will), Ring of Protection +2, 2 Potions of CSW, Potion of Shield of Faith +4 100gp
    Last edited by watsyurname529; 2008-03-22 at 05:04 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

The Sneakyweapon Smith

"You need a weapon? I got's many of them. They easy to hide and kill with"
    - Sneakyweapon Smith Dirrik Blackhide

Every Goblin tribe or camp needs a blacksmith to create their weapons of destruction, you are that goblin. You can create sneaky and deadly weapons and be just as good using them. You specialize in light sneaky weapons and you know how you presicely kill nearly any creature with them.

Becoming a Sneakyweapon Smith
    Rogues and other sneaky types made good Sneakyweapon smiths. Rangers also make good Sneakyweapon Smiths. Their high-skill points and Dex make them ideal for the class. Spellcasters make somewhat good Sneakyweapon Smiths, but more for making weapons and sneak attacking.

Game Rule Information:
    Sneakweapon Smith has the following game stats.
    Abilities: Int is really important as it helps give them skill points and determines some of their abilities. Dex is also good as it governs how sneaky and good you are at dodging blows. A decent Con helps to gain more hitpoints or a decent Cha helps for those silver-tounged characters.
    Hit Die: d8

Entry Requirements
    To qualify to become a Sneakyweapon Smith, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
    Race: Goblin
    Skills: Craft (Weaponsmithing) +6, Hide +5, Move Silently +5
    Feats: Weapon Finesse
    Special: Must have created a masterwork finessable weapon in the presence of another Sneakyweapon Smith

Class skills
    The Sneakyweapon Smith class skills (and the key ability modifier for each skill) are:
    Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Info (Cha), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Arch & Engineering) (Int), Knowledge (Local) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Tumble (Dex), Use Rope (Dex)
    Skill Points at Each Level: 6 + Int modifier.

Code:
    Sneakyweapon Smith
    1	+0	+0	+2	+0	Great Smithy, Signature Weapon, Quick Draw
    2	+1	+0	+3	+0	Finesse Block +1, Sneak Attack +1d6, Versatile Weaponry
    3	+2	+1	+3	+1	Intelligent Smithy, Improved Signature Weapon, Weapon Sabotage
    4	+3	+1	+4	+1	Finesse Block +2, Sneak Attack +2d6, Sneaky Sunder
    5	+3	+1	+4	+1	Master Smithy, Great Signature Weapon
    6	+4	+2	+5	+2	Finesse Block +3, Sneak Attack +3d6, Construct Destroyer
    Class features
    All of the following are class features of the (insert class name here) prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Sneakyweapon Smith's are proficent with all Simple weapons and light Martial weapons as well as any (non-exotic) Finessable weapons. They are proficent with Light Armor and shields.

Great Smithy (Ex): A Sneakyweapon Smith is really adept at creating weapons. A Sneakyweapon Smith adds his class level to Craft (Weaponsmithing) checks. Also, a Sneakyweapon Smith works in the hot forge so much that their body adapts to the extreme heat; their body can resist hot temperatures as the Endure Elements spell.

Signature Weapon (Ex): A Sneakyweapon Smith specializes in one weapon and that becomes his signature weapon. This blade is a masterwork blade that the Sneakyweapon Smith created. A Sneakyweapon Smith chooses one Finessable Weapon and gains Weapon Focus as well as a +1 on Damage.

Quick Draw: A Sneakyweapon Smith knows how to draw his blades faster to get an edge on combat. A Sneakyweapon Smith gains the Quick Draw feat.

Finesse Block (Ex): A Sneakyweapon Smith learns how to use the grace and finesse of the weapon to parry and block incoming attacks. The Sneakyweapon Smith adds +1 Shield to AC. This improves at 4th and 6th Levels.

Sneak Attack (Ex): This functions exactly like the Rogue class feature. This stacks with any other sneak attack gained from another source (such as Rogue Levels)

Versatile Weaponry (Ex): At 2nd Level, The Sneakyweapon Smith learns after making, working, and practicing with different types of weapons to deal any type of damage with any weapon. As a swift action, you may change the type of damage of any melee weapon to either Slashing, Piercing, or Bludgeoning. This lasts until you switch it again or until you sheath the weapon at which it returns to normal; if handed to someone else the type returns to normal also. Any feats related to weapon damage type use the normal type, not the changed type.

Intelligent Smithy (Ex): At 3rd Level, A Sneakyweapon Smith works with weapons and crafting them so much that they have developed short cuts for decreasing time and cost to create. A Sneakyweapon Smith may subtract their Int Mod from the number of weeks required to create the weapon. Also, the cost is 1/4 the base price to create instead of 1/3.

Improved Signature Weapon (Ex): At 3rd Level, The Sneakyweapon Smith begins to develop extraorndinary power with his signature weapon. The weapon becomes a +1 Weapon in his hands.

Weapon Sabotage (Ex): At 3rd Level, The Sneakyweapon Smith knows how to create weapons really well, and he also knows how to destroy them just as well. The Sneakyweapon Smith may ignore half the weapons hardness when trying to sunder it.

Sneaky Sunder (Ex): At 4th Level, The Sneakyweapon Smith learns how to sneak attack his enemies weaponry, and that some times, an enemy without a weapon is better than just dealing damage--especially if the weapon is twice your size. Whenever your foe is denied their Dex bonus to AC, you may make a Sneaky Sunder. Roll a Sunder check against 10 adding weapon size bonuses (i.e. +4 for Two-Handed Weapons, -4 for Light Weapons; but not for size Small, Medium, etc.). If you hit you deal damage equal to half you sneak attack damage (Weapon Sabotage does apply).

Master Smithy (Sp/Su?): At 5th Level, The Sneakyweapon Smith masters his abilities and learns how to create magical arms and armor. A Sneakyweapon Smith gains Craft Magical Arms & Armor with a Caster Level equal to his Sneakyweapon Smith Level + Int Mod.

Great Signature Weapon (Ex): At 5th Level, The Sneakyweapon Smith further masters his use of his signature weapon and crafting. The weapon becomes a +3 Weapon, or you can give it any of the following properities equal to a +3 bonus.

+1 Bonus:
    Bane
    Corrosive
    Deadly Precision
    Defending
    Defensive Surge
    Dislocator
    Dislocator, Great (req. Dislocator)
    Dispelling
    Dispelling, Great (req. Dispelling)
    Eager
    Fiercebane (req. Bane)
    Flaming
    Frost
    Ghost Strike (req. Ghost Touch)
    Ghost Touch
    Hunting
    Impact
    Keen
    Lucky
    Magebane
    Merciful
    Morphing
    Precise (Ranged Weapons Only)
    Returning (Ranged Weapons Only)
    Screaming
    Sreaming Burst (req. Screaming)
    Shock
    Stunning (req. Screaming)
    Throwing
    Warning

+2 Bonus:
    Blindsighted
    Blurstrike
    Disarming
    Energy Aura
    Flaming Burst
    Icy Burst
    Impendence
    Metalline
    Parrying
    Shocking Burst
    Transmuting

Construct Destroyer (Ex): At 6th Level, The Sneakyweapon Smith learns how to dismantle constucts with their weapons when they're not looking. The Sneakyweapon Smith can sneak attack Constructs even though they are immune to sneak attack. The Sneakyweapon Smith deals half their sneak attack damage when sneak attacking a Construct.

Dirrik

Male Goblin Rogue 7/ Sneakyweapon Smith 6
    CE Medium Humanoid (Goblin)
    Languages: Common, Goblin, Orc, Undercommon
    Init: +4
    AC 25 (+4 Dex, +5 Chain Shirt, +3 Shield, +1 Size, +2 Nat. Armor), touch 15, flat-footed 25
    HP 51 (HD 7d6+7 +6d8+6)
    Fort +5, Ref +14, Will +5
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 Squares)
    Melee: +16/+11 +1 Shadowstrike Deadly Precision Keen Rapier (1d4+3 16-20/x2)
    Ranged: +15/+10 +1 Light Crossbow (1d6+1 19-20/x2 80ft) or +14/+9 Dagger (1d4+1 19-20/x2 10ft)
    BAB: +9/+4; Grp: +6
    Attack Options: Sneakattack +8d6, Constuct Destroyer, Sneaky Sunder, Arterial Strike
    Abilities: Str 12, Dex 19, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 8 (28 Point Buy)
    SQ: Darkvision 60ft, Trap Sense +2, Uncanny Dodge, Master Smithy, Finesse Block +3, Greater Signature Weapon, Weapon Sabotage
    Feats: Weapon Finesse, Quick Draw, Weapon Focus (Rapier), Arterial Strike, Telling Blow, Persistent Attacker, Combat Reflexes
    Skills: Appraise +8, Balance +13, Bluff +10, Craft (Weaponsmith) +25, Decipher Script +8, Diplomacy +9, Disable Device +10, Escape Artist +7, Forgery +6, Gather Info +9, Hide +22, Knowledge (Arch & Engineering) +3, Knowledge (Local) +8, Listen +9, Move Silently +18, Search +10, Sense Motive +5, Sleight of Hand +18, Spot +9, Tumble +14, Use Magic Device +15, Use Rope +9
    Possessions: +1 Shadowstrike Deadly Precision Keen Rapier, +1 Light Crossbow, +1 Blueshine Nimbleness Chainshirt, Stealth Cloak, Amulet of Natural Armor +2, Eternal Wand of CLW, Wand of Grease (CL 3rd 25 Charges) Potion of CSW, 10 Daggers, 100gp
    Last edited by watsyurname529; 2008-03-22 at 04:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Fierceweapon Smith

Deep in some ravenous races of the horde tribes there lies a Fierceweapon Smith. Through radical experimentation and sheer desire, they have created something truly wicked and horrifing. They have realized that the best weapons are not always steel and iron, but those found on our body, and when properly made, can create tools of death and destruction. These Fierceweapon Smiths forge their own hands into vicious claws that can tear through flesh and rend armor. In doing so, they have become vicious and blood-thirsty and whenever they taste blood, they gain a power boost and turn into monsters of destruction.

Game Rule Information:
    Fierceweapon Smith has the following game stats.
    Abilities: Strength and Con are pretty important as they determine your effectiveness as a fighter and most of their abilities are based off Con. A decent Dex also helps your AC and stalking abilities. Inteligence is useful for skills and their caster level for Craft Magic Arms & Armor.

Entry Requirements
    To qualify to become a Fierceweapon Smith, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
    Race: Orc, Hobgoblin, Goblin
    Skills: Craft(Weaponsmithing) +8, Craft(Alchemy) +4
    Feats: Toughness or Improved Toughness, Power Attack or Weapon Finesse
    Special: Must have created your own natural weapons with a Fierceweapon Smith.

Class skills

The Fierceweapon Smith class skills (and the key ability modifier for each skill) are:
    Appraise (Int), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Gather Info (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex)
    Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier.

Code:
    Fierceweapon Smith
    1	+1	+2	+0	+0	Great Smithy, Natural Weapons, Signature Weapon
    2	+2	+3	+0	+0	Claw Block +1, Multi-Attack, Blood-Thirsty
    3	+3	+3	+1	+1	Fast Smithy, Improved Signature Weapon, Improved Natural Weapon
    4	+4	+4	+1	+1	Claw Block +2, Dreadful Charge
    5	+5	+4	+1	+1	Master Smithy, Greater Signature Weapon, Greater Natural Weapon
    6	+6	+5	+2	+2	Claw Block +3, Gory Wound, Blood-Vicious
    7	+7	+5	+2	+2	Forge Natural Weapon, Master Natural Weapon
    Class features
    All of the following are class features of the Fierceweapon Smith prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency:The Fierceweapon Smith gains proficiency in all simple weapons and light armor, medium armor, and shields.

Greatsmithy (Ex): A Fierceweapon Smith is really adept at creating weapons. A Fierceweapon Smith adds his class level to Craft (Weaponsmithing) checks. Also, a Fierceweapon Smith works in the hot forge so much that their body adapts to the extreme heat; their body can resist hot temperatures as the Endure Elements spell.

Natural Weapons (Ex): A Fierceweapon Smith gains a set of natural weapons upon entering this PrC. They forge them out of their hands and turn them into deadly weapons. The natural weapons are a set of claw attacks which deal 1d6 Damage Slashing and Piercing (1d4 for Small) and are primary natural weapons (when using a manufactured weapon they are secondary attacks).

Signature Weapon (Ex): A Fierceweapon Smith specializes with his natural weapons. A Fierceweapon Smith gains Weapon Focus(Claws) and Weapon Specialization(Claws).

Claw Block (Ex): At 2nd Level, A Fierceweapon Smith learns how to block incoming attacks with his claws. A Fierceweapon Smith gains a +1 Shield bonus to AC. This improves at 4th and 6th Level.

Multi-Attack: At 2nd Level, the Fierceweapon Smith learns how to attack multiple times with their claws, and still with deadly accuracy. They gain the feat Multi-Attack for free.

Blood-Thirsty (Ex): At 2nd Level, the Fierceweapon Smith becomes blood-thirsty and the smell and taste of blood fuel his rage and power. Whenever you score a critical hit with your claws, you gain one of the abilities below:
    Power Surge: +2 Str and +2 Con
    Adrenaline Rush: +2 Dex and +2 Con
    Heated Blood: +2 Str and +2 Dex
    The bonuses last a number of rounds equal to your Fierceweapon Smith Level + Con Mod. Multiple Critical Hits do stack (Max +6). Once you pick the ability, it can not be changed.

Fast Smithy (Ex): At 3rd Level, the Fierceweapon Smith improves on his already amazing smithy skills. He learns how to rush jobs to make weapons faster. A Fierceweapon Smith may choose to do twice the amount of work in one week cutting the time down by one week to make. A Fierceweapon Smith can do this 1 + Con Mod times per weapon. If the Craft Check fails and you make no progress, you still make 1 week progress. After the Fierceweapon Smith finishes the weapon, he takes 4 Temp Con damage until he rests for 3 complete days.

Improved Signature Weapon (Ex): At 3rd Level, the Fierceweapon Smith gains extraordinary skills with their claws. The become a +1 weapon and become magic for overcoming damage reduction.

Improved Natural Weapon (Ex): At 3rd Level, the Fierceweapon Smith's improves on his claws through more forging. You can choose one of the following improvements:
    Increased Damage: Increase the Damage die by one step
    Improve Critical: Increase the threat range by one (to 19-20)
    Vicious Critical: Increase the critical multiplier by one (to x3)
    Silver Veins:* Treat them as silver for overcoming damage reduction.
    Cold Iron Caps:* Treat them as cold iron for overcoming damage reduction.
    *You can only have one of these, but you can change them at the appropriate levels.

Dreadful Charge (Ex): At 4th Level, the Fierceweapon Smith charges with extreme power. The Fierceweapon Smith gains Pounce (Ex). At the end of a charge, the Fierceweapon Smith may make a full-attack. They can use this ability a number of times per day equal to their Con Mod.

Master Smithy (Sp/Su?): At 5th Level, The Fierceweapon Smith masters his abilities and learns how to create magical arms and armor. A Fierceweapon Smith gains Craft Magical Arms & Armor with a Caster Level equal to his Greatweapon Smith Level + (2 * Int Mod).

Greater Signature Weapon (Ex): At 5th Level, The Fierceweapon Smith becomes even more masterful of his claws as weapons. They become equal to a +3 Weapon.

Greater Natural Weapon (Ex): At 5th Level, the Fierceweapon Smith improves upon his claws through more forging. You can choose one of the following improvements:
    Improve Critical: Increase the threat range by one
    Vicious Critical: Increase the critical multiplier by one
    Posion Slash: You can store a single dose of injury or contact poison in your claws that release on your next hit.
    *You can only have one of these, but you can change them at the appropriate levels.

Gory Wound (Ex): At 6th Level, the Fierceweapon Smith is able to deliver really gory wounds with their claws that continue to bleed and cause antagonizing pain. Whenever you score a critical hit with your claws, the wound continues to bleed, 2 HP a round, for a number of rounds equal to your Fierceweapon Smith level + Str Mod. 1 point of magical healing or a DC (15+Your Str Mod) check stops the bleeding.

Blood Vicious (Ex): At 6th Level, the Fierceweapon Smith's lust for blood and the power he gains from it becomes even greater. Whenever you score a critical hit with your claws, Pick another one of the following:
    Iron Skin: Gain DR (5+Con Mod)/-
    Spell-Rejection: Gain SR = to your (Fierceweapon Smith Level + Con Mod)
    Rejuvenating Blood: Gain Fast Healing = Con Mod
    Each trait only uses your inherent Con Mod. They stack with Blood-Thirsty and last just as long. Once you pick the ability, it can not be changed.

Forge Natural Weapon (Ex): At 7th Level, the Fierceweapon Smith masters his craft as a blacksmith and learns how to forge natural weapons on anyone, or improve them. You can create a set of claws or a bite attack for any humanoid creature. If they already have a set of natural weapons, you can improve them slightly.

Forging Natural Weapons: Forging a set of natural weapons is a long and painful process. It takes 3 weeks and 3000gp of supplize to prepare the components for the operation. The acutal operation takes 1 week and 1000gp to complete, for a total of 4 weeks and 4000gp (all done by a 7th Level Fierceweapon Smith) and you must succeed on a DC 25 Craft (Weaponsmithing) check on the operation (failure listed below). The operation is extremely painful and debilitating and you suffer 4 temp. points of Con damage & 2 points of Str damage for a minimum of one week which then it takes 2 days of full rest to return to normal. The weapons are claws which do 1d6 Slashing and Piercing (1d4 Small) and are secondary natural weapons (1/2 Str Bonus, etc.).

Improving Forged Natural Weapons: Improving upon a forged set of natural weapons is a less painful and much shorter process and if you are serious about fighting with them, you should upgrade them. You can preform any of the following improvements upon forged natural weapons:
    Improve Damage: Improve the damage die up one step (Max 1d12): 3000gp, Craft DC 20
    Improve Critical: Improve the critical threat range by one (Max 18-20): 4000gp, Craft DC 22
    Vicious Critical: Improve the critical multiplier by one (Max x4): 4000gp, Craft DC 22
    Poison Slash: Store a single dose of injury or contact poison in your claws that releases on your next hit: 2000gp Craft DC 22
    Silver Veins*: Treat as silver for overcoming damage reduction: 3000gp, Craft DC 24
    Cold Iron Caps*: Treat as Cold Iron for overcoming damage reduction: 3000gp, Craft DC 24
    Adamantine Nails*: Treat them as Adamantine for overcoming damage reduction: 6000gp, Craft DC 26
    *You can only have one type of special material in the natural weapons.

Improving Natural Weapons: You can also improve upon a creatures natural weapons as well. Although, since you are improving what is truly natural, you can only go so far. You can only preform one improvement per natural weapon. The creature must be willing or helpless. You can preform any of the improvements listed above, but with no max on the damage die.

All improvements take 3 weeks to complete plus the cost listed. It takes 2 weeks to prepare the materials, and 1 week for the operation. After the operation, the creature suffers 2 Temp. points of Con damage until they get 2 full days of rest (or an equivilent amount of rest).

You must succeed on a Craft (Weaponsmithing) check against the DC listed in the improvement. Each succeful operation adds +3 to the DC of the next to not screw up. Failure means the operation failed and you need to pay 1000gp for new materials can try again; Failure by 5 or more means you failed and ruined the materials and have to pay the cost again, and the patient suffers 4 Temp Con damage; Failure by 10 or more means you horribly screwed up the operation, you fail and the patient suffers 2 permanent Con damage (only a Wish or Miracle can restore); God forbid you fail by 15 or more, then the patient loses the function of their hands and suffers 2 permanent Con Damage (only Wish or Miracle can restore damage or use of hands.

Master Natural Weapon (Ex): At 7th Level, the Fierceweapon Smith masters his claws into vicious and deadly weapons. You can choose another improvement below.
    Improve Critical: Increase the threat range by one (18-20 Max)
    Vicious Critical: Increase the critical multiplier by one (x4 Max)
    Posion Slash: You can store a single dose of injury or contact poison in your claws that release on your next hit.
    Adamantine Nails:* Treat them as Adamantine for overcoming damage reduction.
    Last edited by watsyurname529; 2008-03-24 at 05:55 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

Well there are my first 3 PrC's. The Smiths PrCs. Tell me whatcha all think.

18. - Top - End - #48

Glad to hear so many people like the class. On the other thread Bhu had the orcs pretty well covered so I opted to do my favorite horde race: GOBLINS!!!!
    --
    Wats!!!!! Great to see you! And you brought out the Smiths... Sweet. We still need to find some decent pics for those classes. I will see what I can turn up in the way of a sneaky smith pic for you.
    --
    Now to get back to everyone who posted on the barghessian ...

Quote Originally Posted by dman11235 View Post
    Well, let's get started.

Overall, I like it. I was going to rant a bit on how it was overpowered, but then I had sort of a revelation. Some things just need to change a bit.

1) make the natural armor an actual increase, not enhancement.

2) wow, it looks alright. I can't think of very many problems at all. It does seem a little powerful though, even taking into account the requirements.
    1) I though I had it set up that way? Oh well, it is supposed to be and I will make the necessary edits.

2) The greatest limit on the Barghessians power is actually the need to feed on specific souls in order to level up, so while it looks a little overpowered it balances out.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    "Barghessian" looks.... good! Feed could be tweaked a bit more though - personally, I'd remove the restriction on who killed it (but put a duration, say 1 minute, before the body's no longer useful), and prevent it from infinitely scaling. Did you consult the Soul Eater class when making this? It has some fairly similar abilities, and I can easily see a Goblin XYZ 5 / Barghessian 10 / Soul Eater 5 being abnormally powerful.

All in all I love the flavour, and the fact that you need to be Goblin helps balance it out. Great job!
    I was mulling the idea for any kill to be fed upon with the exception of the feeding needed to advance the PrC level. I will take another look and carefully consider your suggestion.

Soul Eater? I have never heard of this class before, where can I find it? As for the inspiration for the class, that all came from the Barghest monster class from SS, in fact I stole many of the abilities from that class and tweaked them.

As far as the flavor is concerned, well, I believe I was visited by a muse...

Quote Originally Posted by sigurd View Post
    I really like the feel of this. I'm definitely going to try it for game balance in an upcoming game.

My only suggestions are:

1. Make it start as a template of a fiendish ritual. Maybe make some sort of 3 level prc that summons and receives the 'blessings' of the barghest. The subject of the template is so consumed with rage, usually at humans etc.... that they give up all their goblinhood to take on the barghest taint.

Then figure out what would be a fair deal to the barghest and make that the price of the ritual. A smart barghest might find it far easier to corrupt a goblin or two in exchange for a ready food supply. They're bodies are really vulnerable when they sleep but a cult of evil might protect them - there is a mutual need here.

2. For survivors from previous Goblin\Barghest unions you may want to make it a fiendish bloodline. Most goblins would be repelled at this but sometimes its not so good to be a goblin. The leaders might not mind the sacrifices of the _other_ goblins so much if it gives them a weapon to use against their enemies. Evil cult leaders, knowing of this use for goblins, might be delighted.

Sigurd.

Nice pic, where's it from?
    Once again, thank you and I am glad the flavor matches the crunch:D.

1) Your ideas are really cool and I must say they fit well, but I feel that making very world specific roleplaying requirements and such should be left up to the individual DM. Though I like the ideas I want this class (and all my classes for that matter) to be specific enough to easily fit into a campaign but open enough for DMs and players to add their own tweaks and mods.

2) This is awesome and I think it would be a wonderful adventure hook. The priests would make for some great recurring villains for the Barghessian to fight. I think I may edit the rituals sacrifices of barghest blooded goblins into the flavor, its a perfectly logical explanation for why so many barghessian die before they have a chance.

The pic I found on google image search, I think it was for the word hybrid or just werewolf. I thought it fit the class perfectly, so I snagged it.

Quote Originally Posted by dyslexicfaser View Post
    I like the Barghessian, though it is odd that a polymorph into an 'unusually large wolf' remains exactly the same as the SRD wolf entry.

I'd be interested in seeing your Beast Rider PrC, I've always had a fondness for wolf-riding gobbos.

As for the One Eyed PrC: it's interesting. It makes the Hexblade's curse into something that's actually dangerous. And I don't mind that it's based on an alternate class feature, since every Hexblade I've ever played or met took that alternate feature.
    Yeah the shape is exactly that of the wolf, the "...unusually large wolf..." is just flavor.

My Beast Rider PrC will be posted soon, I am just doing some final edits and updating its list of possible mounts. The next class I plan on posting is my Goblin Pigsticker, which can best be described as the scariest goblins ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    That point can be debated, depending who we're talking about cooking.
    I play Lawful Evil. I love goblins. I like Prestige Classes.

Visit Dwenty, a collaborative project I took part in with several other people from all over the world.

Some of my Prestige Class work with the brilliant BHU

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    "I know that you believe that you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

19. - Top - End - #49

And to think I'm responsible for this mass migration?

Souleater is from the BoVD I believe. If not, maybe some other 3.0 evil oriented book. Check a reference source. It is 3.0 though.

And while you think it may be a lot to have to feed on certain souls to level up, it's actually not that much. Except at higher levels, where things like regeneration are more common. It does do some, but not all that much. All in all, I'd put this PrC at about 6.5 on the power scale. Maybe as high as 6.75, maybe as low as 6.25. But that about where it should be. A little high without the restrictions.
    My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help? Want to see what I've done? Want to see what others have done well? Check it out.

Join the PrC creation contest!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DonThelonious
    ...But you have never given any bad advice as far as I have seen. Not to mention, unlike some other people I see around here, you actually know what your talking about.

Trust dman11235.

20. - Top - End - #50

Yeah, I've made some minor edits to the Smiths. Saw some errors and I might re-tool one or two abilities.

Anyway, I'll get to posting my others soon!

21. - Top - End - #51

Finished editing in a few of the suggestion I got here and decided to tweak some of the abilities a little bit on the barghessian. Clarified a lot of the wording for Feed.

I'm going to wait a bit and let Wats smiths get a bit of (*Ahem...* long awaited and much deserved) attention and critiquing before posting my next class. Right now I am going to see if I can't find a suitable pic or two for Wats.

Visit Dwenty, a collaborative project I took part in with several other people from all over the world.

"I know that you believe that you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by DonThelonious View Post
    Finished editing in a few of the suggestion I got here and decided to tweak some of the abilities a little bit on the barghessian. Clarified a lot of the wording for Feed.

I'm going to wait a bit and let Wats smiths get a bit of (*Ahem...* long awaited and much deserved) attention and critiquing before posting my next class. Right now I am going to see if I can't find a suitable pic or two for Wats.
    Thanks for the continued support of the Smiths and yes, they do need some PEACHing done to them. Anyway if you do find some good pics let me know and I'll put them in. Also, I'm going to get a Orc Barbarian 7/Greatsmith 6/Fierceweapon Smith 7 sample character up for some fun, I might even orient an entire adventure for him.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Okay I did a quickee edit of the Ironheart Samurai. It's mostly up to get the idea of what I'm going for across. Let me know what you think.
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #54

Okay, time for some PEACHin' for the Ironheart Samurai.

First, the abilities you have are good since this is basically a transistion from Hobgob to Machine Hobgob with some interesting extras (the covered in blood ability for example). Anyway, since you had Staredown as a Prereq I would add something that advances that ability or give them some other intimidation based power.

In other news, I got some new PrC ideas that I'll be doing soon after I finish my Psychopath. The first is the Iron Hob which will be literally a Hobgoblin Tank by means of Hobgoblin Shift-Plate (new exotic armor) and getting a High AC but still maintaining mobility and power. Whether it will include some Iron Heart maneuvers is still undecided. Next is the BugThug which will be a Bugbear Setting Sun specialist with some Rogue thrown in there for good measure. Then last but not least, keeping in line with my Smiths, the Armor Smith which will be another tank but with their own twists.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Good thing you mentioned that. I noticed I forgot the class ability for level 8. Added it in and will have sample guy up soon.
    Orcs and Goblins

26. - Top - End - #56

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Okay I did a quickee edit of the Ironheart Samurai. It's mostly up to get the idea of what I'm going for across. Let me know what you think.
    Wow, the Ironheart Samurai's capstone ability is powerful! Not that I want you to make them any weaker, but unbeatable Regeneration (no alignment type, energy type, weapon damage type, or weapon material type to overcome) + immunity to non-lethal damage = invincible. A couple of other questions. I get that having no heart makes you cold and emotionless, but why does it instill in you a growing and eventually irresistible urge to kill (that sounds more like an undead compulsion to me)? I think it would make more sense for an Ironheart Samurai to stop standing up for/protecting the serfs unless specifically commanded to by his lord (less personal concern for others + lack of initiative without constant updating of instructions is very construct-like). You could also imply that they show a reduced ability to interpret orders correctly and may even continue to carry out instructions that are no longer necessary/useful (attacking anyone who wanders onto a battlefield, even after the battle has ended, or enforcing martial law in a town years after a war has ended, but the samurai never received word that an armistice had been reached). Just some suggestions. I really appreciate you working on the Prc. Thank you.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

They only get teh Regen when drinking/covered in blood, but I get what you mean.

The compulsion to kill comes from several things. Killing gives them blood to heal, and the healing is one of the few things left that they can feel. Some become addicted to it. Some just lose any sense of right or wrong because psychosis sets in when they cann't feel anything emotionally, and they begin to stop feeling anything physically.

Lemme think on it and I'll figure out a way past the regen unless it's okay as it stands. You'd have to keep figting to get the blood for it, and fights risk more damage.
    Orcs and Goblins

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

I love this thread, I just need to say that.

Wats, I noticed that the Ferceweapon smith can add Cold Iron Caps to others, but not himself. Was there a reason for this for just a typo?
    "Blessings of Father Malkav be with you, and might madness follow in your footsteps."

What D&D Character are you?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Bard (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength- 10
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 15
    Intelligence- 13
    Wisdom- 15
    Charisma- 12

Avatar by LordRod. Thanks again.

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by FatherMalkav View Post
    I love this thread, I just need to say that.

Wats, I noticed that the Ferceweapon smith can add Cold Iron Caps to others, but not himself. Was there a reason for this for just a typo?
    Yea, that would be a typo. I'll get to adding that among a few other clarifications.

30. - Top - End - #60

bhu: looking over the IS you have here I have one blaring question: 5 class skills and 4 skill points per level? Whats up with this? I think 2 + Int Mod would be better suited.