New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: And then a Meteor fell out of the sky.

"I just thought of something? Why go for some servant when we can just talk to Thyrn Arder'g himself."

Cindy looks around at everybody and then says "Here's my plan, we travel to some suitable uninhabited material plane, then set a trap for Thyrn Arder'g. Once we have that set up we can just Wish for him to appear in the trap. And if he misbehaves I can adjust him to make him more cooperative.

But before we do anything else we really should handle our communications problems. If we leave my mansion I can set up some permanent telepathic bonds between all of us."
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Banned

Well, I must admit that is a more direct route.... sure, we can try that.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Chora raises an eyebrow, opens her mouth to ask a question, then gets whapped across the side of her head by her player, who remembered the answer to her question (which she would most certainly know due to her planar knowledge).
    It does seem like it would be the easiest way...

4. - Top - End - #214
    Banned

It seems we al favor the direct approach then.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Banned

That method seems to be the most simple and direct. And the simplest methods are generally the ones with the least chance for error. I'm all for this.

Though I'm not sure how much I want each of you in my head, to be honest.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Banned

Nothing to worry about. I don't think we'll be doing anything too intrusive. After all, it's going to be for everyone in the party, right?

Now, after Cindy does her stuff, I'll just call in a Plane Shift and get us out of here.

By the way, does anyone know exactly where we're supposed to Plane Shift to?

7. - Top - End - #217
    Banned

We're looking for a relatively barren area, sparsely populated? Seems like a desert or a tundra would fit nicely.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Banned

Hey, a desert! That sounds like a great place! I'm glad you suggested it. Do you have one particular desert in mind?

9. - Top - End - #219
    Banned

One's as good as another, I'd imagine. I do assume you plan on turning a sizeable portion of it to glass? In that regard, there are many suitable desert environments. In the lands I hail from, there's the Aunauroch desert, the deserts surrounding the Dragon Coast, and the Burning Sands. Of the three, the Burning Sands would likely fit our needs best, as it is the least hospitable, and thus, least likely to be heavily populated. I assume we're all more than capable of dealing with 160 degree temperatures during the day, 30 degree temperatures at night, blinding sandstorms, exposed jagged rocks, and the occasional sand wyrm. I'm not too clear with how the plane we currently reside interacts with my own as far as the passage of time goes, but, if everything is equal, that about matches the Burning Sands in the cool season, which, assuming equal passage, it should be.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Banned

Sounds like I'd better pack an ointment of Endure Elements then, eh?
    Last edited by Solo; 2008-05-14 at 06:17 AM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Banned

I'd imagine it wise. Though, if we plan on setting up a trap for this demon, then I imagine I can lessen the hostility of the environment temporarily. Or, for that matter, increase it.

12. - Top - End - #222

Cindy looks around and says "Well if everyone is agreed, follow me."

She leads the way out of the mansion and back to Raymans room. After taking the sword from Malakh and putting it in her belt, Cindy proceeds to start casting Telepathic bonds to link each person to every other (including Malakh). Once that is done, she removes a scroll from her belt and proceeds to use it. A Solar appears and starts making the bonds permanent, once he has made 3 of the 10 bonds permanent he proceeds to cast Wish and wish for a scroll of gate, which he gives to Cindy. The process is repeated until all the bonds are permanent.

Once she is finished, Cindy seems a bit exhausted when she continues with I suggest that we converse with each other solely as I am conversing with you now, mind to mind. It makes our communications much harder to intercept or detect. Now I have used up a large number of my daily spells, so unless you have a better idea I suggest that we spend the night here and travel to this desert tomorrow. I have ideas for the trap but I will need at least 24 hours to prepare the necessary spells, and I would much rather rest here than there. If you want my mansion has enough room for you all to stay in. I suggest that you finish up any last minute shopping.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using spontaneous divination to convert spells of 5th level and higher into Telepathic Bonds (10 of them total). Gating in a Solar to use his 3/day SLA Permanency to make them permanent at CL 20 and his Wish SLA to get another Gate Scroll. If anyone besides the 4 of us are still in this game then assume that they are added in as well.

If no one has any objections I suggest that Solo just says "And the next morning, after buffing, Rayman casts Plane Shift to take us to Random Uninhabited Desert World X on Random Prime Material Plane Y" so we can get on with this.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Banned

Meanwhile, thousands of miles away.....

There is a pop in the desert as a odd group of induhviduals arrive in the middle of a blasted and barren desert.

There, that wasn't so bad, was it?

(Used Spellpool for a 7th level plane shift to take us to the desert Hara suggested after giving Cindy a day to rest. Repaid spell pool with one third and one fourth level spell)
    Last edited by Solo; 2008-05-14 at 06:49 AM.

14. - Top - End - #224

Once they arrive in the desert Cindy send to the others This should only take a minute or so.

Cindy mutters a few words, makes a few hand gestures, and it appears that nothing happened. She repeats the process twice more and then removes a scroll from her belt. A solar appears and Cindy instructs it to make the walls of force she cast permanent and then wish her up another scroll of gate. She repeats the process twice more and then summons Malakh with the wave of a hand.

She tosses him a necklace with 1 bead on it and sends Be a dear and cast Forbiddance over the area inside that nice box of force. Malakh just nods and proceeds to cast the spell.

Once he has finished Cindy proceeds to cast a Private Sanctum spell over the whole box and then gates in another Solar. She passes over her Orange Ioun Stone and has the Solar make the sanctum permanent before recovering her Ioun Stone and having him wish her up another scroll of gate.

She turns to the rest of the party and sends There. Everything is ready except for getting the demon here. I can do that now, unless anyone has a reason to wait. Or any other defenses to put up. Based on what I know about Balor abilities, that trap should hold a Balor until I decide to release it. If you are willing to wait until tomorrow I can recover my spells and be ready to help deal with any unforeseen possibilities.

Assuming its ok to rest until tomorrow Cindy casts Magnificent Mansion and rests up until the next day. The next morning, after eating and buffing, she heads out with the rest of the party and puts Malakh back in her glove before pulling out a scroll of gate and calling up a Solar. She orders him to Wish the Balor Prince Thyrn Arder'g into the middle of her trap.

Spoiler
    Show
    The box of force is a cube 20 feet on a side with the bottom a foot off the ground. The front is made up of walls of force, separated by 6 inches. the whole box (and 10 feet in every direction around it) is covered with the Mages Private Sanctum. The same area (plus a bit more, which isn't really relevant) is covered by the Forbiddance effect, which blocks all forms of planar travel in the area.
    Last edited by Emperor Tippy; 2008-05-14 at 06:14 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

15. - Top - End - #225

Suddenly, a Balor appears in the midst of the walls of force. Surprised, he looks around, studying each of you. Finally, he calls to Rayman, the only one he truly recognizes, "So you are more powerful then I thought to be able to bring me here so easily, but what is your purpose? Have you still my sword, or do I need to clean up the mess I left behind?"
    Last edited by Chosen_of_Vecna; 2008-06-03 at 08:24 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Banned

Why, yes, we do have the sword. That's why you are here, aside from your stunning good looks and personality, of course.

17. - Top - End - #227

And what about him? The Balor snarls, glaring at the solar. Do you even know what you are doing? Or are you just trying to get killed?

18. - Top - End - #228

Cindy looks at Thyrn Arder'g and says "First, I would suggest that you moderate your tone. Second, I suggest that you try real hard to keep me happy as that is the only way you will survive this day. Third, that Solar is of no concern. You are here to answer questions, not ask them."

Over the telepathic bond Cindy says to the others don't anyone answer any of his questions without consulting the rest of the group. No one use anyone else's name aloud, the less information this demon knows about us the better.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Banned

Capital idea, Mandy.

20. - Top - End - #230

It's Cindy you dolt. Are you drunk again?

21. - Top - End - #231
    Banned

I am getting used to calling you by an alias.
    Last edited by Solo; 2008-06-05 at 10:44 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232

This is a waste of my time. Clearly I need to finish my job for myself.

The Balor concentrates for a moment, then glares at Rayman before moving up to the edge of the Walls, and squeezing under them.

Roll Init

(1d20+11)[24]
    Last edited by Chosen_of_Vecna; 2008-06-06 at 10:24 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Banned

Initiative:(1d20+5)[21]

Alright, as you can imagine, we have questions in search of answers. Why did you appear in the school grounds and vaporize everything, leaving your sword to me?
    Last edited by Solo; 2008-06-06 at 10:51 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234

There has been a misunderstanding. As such, we now are experiencing technical difficulties.

Do not role Initiative.

We are now replacing the walls of force with a forcecage, barred version. And no one is slipping out, unless maybe he can, will check on that, but unlikely.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Banned

Very well. No names shall be used. I shall be on guard, in case of aggression.

With a casual glance towards the caged fiend, Hara's form blurs for a moment, growing. The equipment he has melds into his form, and within the blink of an eye, where hara stood, there is only a monstrous turtle.

OOC/Mechanics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wildshape - Dire Tortoise

26. - Top - End - #236

Since apparently there has been a misunderstanding:

The Balor concentrates for a moment, then glares at Rayman.

(That's it. Seriously guys, you have to ask questions before he can answer, and he's not going to waste his time doing things he knows will fail.)

27. - Top - End - #237

Cindy looks at the demon and says "If you won't answer the questions we ask you, such as the one my associate just asked; "Why did you appear in the school grounds and vaporize everything, leaving your sword to me?", then I will have no choice but to rip the answers from your brain. I have refrained from doing that so far because it will require me to use a limited resource, but if you force me to that point then when I am over you will be a lovable little puppy that thinks its a badger and will live out the rest of your life on some random farm."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen_of_Vecna View Post
    Since apparently there has been a misunderstanding:

The Balor concentrates for a moment, then glares at Rayman.

I have given you your question: What is the meaning of your performance yesterday?

Talk or we will make you.

Bluff: (1d20+28)[39]

29. - Top - End - #239
    Banned

Thoughtlink to party: Perhaps it wasn't this specific creature that caused the explosion at Sigil Prep. If that is the case, then the answers to your questions may be... inaccurate.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Banned

Given that he's asking whether we're returning his sword, I think it is the same guy.