New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Divine World

Quote Originally Posted by PirateJesus View Post
    A group of three spellwolves approaches Ja'kays people and offers what looks like a blueprint of a boat, in exchange for a crossbow.

The Sons of Ja'kay considered their options. They could simply kill the three, and take the blueprint, or they could refuse. The sons of Ja'kay did not want their military knowledge unveiled, for it was their highest trophy. They offered their knowledge of woodworking and architecture, and if that failed, the raw materials they had taken in their rapid expansion.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Strex

Seeing the horrors walking the shores, and the success the dragon was having at keeping a fair number of them away, Strex began spawning similar dragons for each of the wolf tribes across Ayndh.
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-06-02 at 11:49 PM.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

3. - Top - End - #93

(OOC: bad move)

When Ja'kay's sons saw that the Spellwolf was copying their weapons, they attacked and killed the three, taking their weapons.

Ja'kay's sons immedietly set out in these boats to foreign land, trying to expand. They also changed the design slightly so that the boats were larger and more powerful.

When they did, tensions raised to an almost unbearably high level between the two factions. The Sons of Ja'kay were on the brink of civil war.
    Last edited by Silence; 2008-06-02 at 11:31 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Recovering from his tiring enchantment on the world of Urth. He began to study on his own enchantments, that he may one day expand upon it and become greater. Enchantments, and the firing off of lights began shimmering off in space, visible to the planet. This gave the appearance of stars by the early mortals who were on Urth.

Stellerex kept casting the magic over and over again. With mysterious results, he desired that he grow closer to his goal. Flash, flash, flash, flash, looking up in the night sky, a Bronzemen glares at the "stars" wondering what exactly was going on. Stars were already in the sky(if the GM says there are) yet now there appeared to be nearly as bright as during the day.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

A lone figure goes backandforth between the two factions. Never staying long in one place or saying much. But verytime leaving a few words or actions that amp up the anger, the haterd between the too. Behind the depeaction, Theontos smiles.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

6. - Top - End - #96

For the first time ever, the people of Ja'kay had needed protection, and they invented armor. Most consisted of leather, but metal was in the experimental stage.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Barbarian in the Playground

Unseen by the motrals Theontos is there, reaping the souls of the fallen.

(OCC: I going to let people godmode Theontos alittle, I can't stay online all the time someone or something dies, but Theontos has to be there.)

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

8. - Top - End - #98

The wolves

One wolf hit by the arrow in the neck, drop to the floor and immediately dissolves while the other two only take hits in the arm and leg before breathing cones of blue flame at their new enemies.
    (OOC: You guys are outnumbered three dozen to one. I think I consier that an "automatic you die I win" situation)

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Vraikul

Vraikul nodded to himself, his large form bobbing. This had been an eventuality he knew, Strex would take action sooner or later, and now he had. Vraikul called some of his creations back. He began to test all his subjects differently than before, testing their minds and their souls and their intelligence. He included that they all had, sentience, sapience, even the Dragyr, though the extent of this intelligence was difficult to measure. Vraikul decided to take a group of his Weredragyr, and recreate them as something knew, but essentially the same.

He took them to a land of plains, and taught them what he knew of plainscraft and of surviving on their own, and survive they did. Over hundreds of years they developed a society of their own, and changed. Their scales became rougher and melded together, but not totally, so it was half leather half scales, and their fur became tall and yellowish, like the grass they hunted in. All their forms changed, their Dragyr form grew more brownish, the fire they breathed became more concentrated, and easier for them to control, and their ears grew longer, and sharper, for better hearing. In their spellwolf forms, their ears grew longer as well, their claws could retract and be pushed out, and their fingers grew longer, and their legs grew longer and more powerful. In their hybrid forms they gained the best of both of these, and in all forms they grew larger, so they could better bring down any prey they needed to in the planes. They came to know themselves as Leolf. Vraikul led a convoy of the Leolf to the beach where the Spellwolves lived, and let them find each other, the Leolf finally crested the ridge of the beach, and came to the sandy village of Spellwolves.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

10. - Top - End - #100

(OOC: PirateJesus and I have restarted the whole him approaching me about the crossbows and boat scene.)

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

The Leolf are met by several spellwolves all dressed in a tight suit with plates of metal over everything but the joints. One in the middle is dressed in an very ornate robe with well over 4 times the runes of the others as well as a heavy mystical glow about him. The other begin to glow dimly as their leader speaks.

What is your purpose here? To drag more of my people away? Well? Speak! His aura grows slightly as he shouts the last couple of words.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

The Leolf are met by several spellwolves all dressed in a tight suit with plates of metal over everything but the joints. One in the middle is dressed in an very ornate robe with well over 4 times the runes of the others as well as a heavy mystical glow about him. The other begin to glow dimly as their leader speaks.

What is your purpose here? To drag more of my people away? Well? Speak! His aura grows slightly as he shouts the last couple of words.
    Leolf

The Leolf look bewilderedly between each other, barking and yowling in their tongue, before turning back to the Spellwolves. One steps forwardWe... We don't know what you're talking about, we are plainsmen, we have lived in the lands far from here all our lives, we have never seen such creatures as you... its clear the Leolf speaks truth, so far as he knows it, and bears no ill will We are merely travelers, looking for the first time beyond the borders of our plains.

13. - Top - End - #103

Edit: oops, my bad. Little quick on the trigger...
    Last edited by Silence; 2008-06-03 at 12:09 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    (OOC: since when did you have metal armor? I assume my people are the Leolf.)

Several sons of Ja'kay where gathered there, and the leader stood foreward and spoke.

"We wish to learn how to make ships. We have mines, minerals, and other natural resources to trade."
    OOC: Actually, the leolf are MY people, read back a bit

15. - Top - End - #105

(OOC: So, if the spellwolves have advanced plated metal armor, then it's fair to say that my people have medeival going on rennacance style weapons. This includes seige weapons and cavalry. And metal armor.)

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

((Ugh, so used to saying metal. I meant wood))

The chief quickly developes an apologetic tone. As he supresses his aura, the glow fades from his eyes. The Leolf leader can tell that he is completely blind. My apologies, the scent was so similar I thought you were one of those abominations that roam the coasts. Welcome to the village of Haf'Oung the other part and allow the Leolf into the village's gate.

The main village is so large that to call it a city would be an understatement. The building are made of an opaque glass with wooden posts added for strength. The boats docked in the harbor are large and have the sides covered in nets. The smell of fish cooking can be had almost everywhere other then shops selling hers that people can bee seen in the streets smoking.

17. - Top - End - #107

(OOC: Wood... that's a little odd, but it works.)

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

((Ugh, so used to saying metal. I meant wood))

The chief quickly developes an apologetic tone. As he supresses his aura, the glow fades from his eyes. The Leolf leader can tell that he is completely blind. My apologies, the scent was so similar I thought you were one of those abominations that roam the coasts. Welcome to the village of Haf'Oung the other part and allow the Leolf into the village's gate.

The main village is so large that to call it a city would be an understatement. The building are made of an opaque glass with wooden posts added for strength. The boats docked in the harbor are large and have the sides covered in nets. The smell of fish cooking can be had almost everywhere other then shops selling hers that people can bee seen in the streets smoking.
    All the Leolf are curious and intrigued by the sites and sounds of the beach village, but the leader looks bewildered still Horrors who roam the coast? And we smell of them...? Tell us about these creatures.

OOC: I've gotta sign off for tonight, its like 1:40 here, I'm sorry if this sort of throws a wrench in the games progression, but I've got school tomorrow, else I'd be willing to stay up.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-06-03 at 12:24 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes but not here, its is growing late and the beasts will soon start hunting again. He turns and enters the village through the large gates and beckons the others to follow. As they do, the gate closes behind them and the guards in the towers of the village are doubled.

((How is wood odd? It plentiful, easy to work with, light, and provides a good amount of protection.))

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    The answer is nothing. And your plague is your creation which will be frozen in time. After all, I'm not just here, I'm also then. Tempo disappear back to his plane of time.
    ((Ignoring the larger part of this post if it's okay with the GM as, well, read my OOC post, I hate to clutter up IC with OOC stuff))

"No counterpart? Well, that just isn't... Hey, where are you going?"

Volta shook his head, somewhat sad.

"Making enemies is going to be all too easy. Let's go make some friends"

The air shivered and Volta popped up near where Vraikul was, where-ever that was.

"Can we talk?"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

21. - Top - End - #111

Ja'kay looked upon his sons. They had progressed fast. They weren't even using his first creation, and had much improved upon his second. They were begging to dabble into the art of making fortified building.....

He shall make for them a third gift, but this one he would give to all the races of Urth.

He went to his home and began crafting....

Yes.... six legs.... a head.... good....

He thought as he crafted. Finally, it was done.

(OOC: It's storytime. Gather 'round, children.)

The civil war had brought chaos and destruction to the colonies of Ja'kay's sons. One result of this destruction, was that of the town of Ge'ul. The flames rose high into the sky from the buildings, and gren blood spattered the ground. A single survivor made his way away from the terrible scene.

He ran for days while his enemies tracked him.

Finally, he came to the spellwolves.

He had a vision. A vision where the four races could be united as one. All technology would be shared. He was the leader of the losing faction.

He was going to tell the spellwolves of his vison, and tell them that it would be a reality if they could help him destroy the faction against him.
    Last edited by Silence; 2008-06-03 at 09:17 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

The orcs found a creature among them causing something to happen to them. Whenever they died both their bodies and their souls would automatcly appear in his castle.

The lord created 20 creatures that looked like spell wolves but with none of the powers but with the seperate ability to turn into powerful flying lizards. They would teleport to the castle upon death.

These spellwolf lizard flew to the spell wolves but once their marched to the spell wolves on foot fighting in great lizard form.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Yes but not here, its is growing late and the beasts will soon start hunting again. He turns and enters the village through the large gates and beckons the others to follow. As they do, the gate closes behind them and the guards in the towers of the village are doubled.

((How is wood odd? It plentiful, easy to work with, light, and provides a good amount of protection.))
    Leolf

The Leolf looked around, their ears swivelling, as they followed the spellwolves. All the Leolf were in their pure humanoid form, and were walking as the spellwolves. So, how long have you lived on these sandy shoals?

Vraikul

Vraikul turned his slimy form toward the newcomer, his mouths gabbering incoherently for a moment, each speaking in a different language, and of different concepts, many hands were writing in books. Vraikul was situated around a slab, withe the still form of a spellwolf on it, in the center of the foreign world What is it you desire from Vraikul?

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Volta, maker of the grand oxymoron
    "Oh... I do not really want anything. I bring a gift. See, I have taken a liking to you, Vraikul. You have created the counterparts to those wolves. The same, and yet so different. I have focused my mind on you, I have thought a lot. I noticed how you were a creature of darkness, but that hardly seemed balanced to me. See, there are two gods of light, and only one of darkness. For there to be contradiction, there need be balance. Off course, it is not within my power to create a second god of darkness, and I might fail when trying to kill one of the light gods, thus I concluded there was only one sure way to restore the contradiction, the balance. Only one way to tip the scales, equal weight on each non-equal side. In order to do that, I would have to become a god of darkness"

Volta smiled as he observed Vraikul's reaction.

"I off course propose no competition between us, since there is none between the light gods, nor an alliance, unless in time of need, when we could call upon each other. I am here to inform you, as I do not intend to tread upon your domain. Simply to balance things. I am also here because I need to be a god of darkness in more than name alone. I would like to be infused with it, for the time be, and I would like to bear a cloak made out of shadow, so I could carry the dark with me where-ever I go. If you so wish, you may ask for something in return, but remember I am not asking for a great favor here, simply to be able to join you as a lord of the dark"

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

25. - Top - End - #115

*cue dramatic music*

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Vraikul

You can tell that, if Vraikul had eyebrows, one of them would be raised slightly. He speaks simply Indeed. Vraikul skitters over to the paradox god, and begins writing in one of his many books, while he observes him from head to toe. His bulbous form bobs up and down, as if nodding, and he skitters away. He creates a bowl out of Obsidion, and he summons of more Obsidion, which he melts, although no heat is created, and the Obisidion is colder than ever, though still liquid, and he seemed to pull the very darkness from around him, and he mixed it with the liquid, he then plucked some pieces of his own flesh, which hardened upon contact with air, until they were hard gelatinous cubes. He dropped the cubes in, even as the wounds healed. He took a small vial of the strange... soup, complete with a single cube, and then handed the bowl to Volta, complete with a spoon made of Obsidion. eat this, finish all of it, completely. He chitterd around the god, his eyes staring at him in curiosity, his many hands recording all that happened, constantly.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Volta, contradictio in terminis

Volta took the bowl and stared at it for a while. He bent over it to smell it but then reconsidered, smiled and slowly took a sip out of his spoon. Gulp. Another smile. A grimace, he looked like he was in pain almost. Yet another smile. Volta pocketed the spoon slowly and then set the bowl to his lips. He downed it. All of it, at once. One small sip, one huge gulp. Volta put down the bowl as a dark fog started crawling about his body, eventually settling on his metal hand, turning it black. No, wait, Obsidion.

"Much, much better. And the cloak?"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Halfling in the Playground

Imp

Torch, declaring there to be no species with an appropriate zeal and skill to serve Lord Sun, prayed to Lord Sun, "Master, there is none worthy of your lordship"

Of course there isn't Torch, none is worthy of me.

Yes, but all the creatures here are either weak or weak-hearted. None have even the cleverness of the Imps save a few of Prince Stellarex's Bronzemen. And they're Stellarex's creations so you understand...

You will not imply an insult against my son again Torch. But yes, I do understand. Next time you should just say, "They have no drive," Stellarex may be your lord some day Torch, and you must appreciate him.

Yes my lord, I am sorry my lord. Might I suggest maying a creature like the Bronzemen then?

Of course, in fact I will do it. Find some sand from a place where my light shines most radiantly.

Of course my Lord. finished Torch, greatly afraid that he had upset Lord Sun enough to result in his death.

Torch fetched sand for his Lord, My Lord, I have the sand.

Good. Turn it into a glass bowl Torch did, Excellent, now fill it with more sand Torch did Throw it to the ground Torch did. The sand and glass scatterred and grew into men and women, all too short for Torch's taste. They had dark skin and strong forms, quick wits and daring courage. They were humanity. They were Mankind.

Lord Sun's voice erupted from Torch's throat, "MANKIND! I, Lord Sun, have created you from sand and glass. I speak now through my servant Torch. He will guide you and teach you till you are ready to stand on your own. Serve me and my light always." Then Torch whispered, How long will it be till I may return to your warmth?

Three hundred years, take one of them as a wife, father a blood line. Thats an order. came Lord Sun's voice.

Torch looked at the mortals and while leading them did not disturb him only one thought really entered his thoughts, the thought that it was very, very cold here.
    Last edited by Cyr; 2008-06-03 at 03:00 PM.
    Brevity is the soul of wit

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrEdwardNigma View Post
    Volta, contradictio in terminis

Volta took the bowl and stared at it for a while. He bent over it to smell it but then reconsidered, smiled and slowly took a sip out of his spoon. Gulp. Another smile. A grimace, he looked like he was in pain almost. Yet another smile. Volta pocketed the spoon slowly and then set the bowl to his lips. He downed it. All of it, at once. One small sip, one huge gulp. Volta put down the bowl as a dark fog started crawling about his body, eventually settling on his metal hand, turning it black. No, wait, Obsidion.

"Much, much better. And the cloak?"
    Demanding aren't you? Very well... Vraikul pulls out a needle and thread, both made of Obsidion, from the wall. The Obsidion thread acted just like ordinary thread, but it was as unbreakable as steel, moreso even. He went over to the darkness in the corner, and began to weave it into a fine cloak, his many hands working like a whole factory of seamstresses, until a great cloak was made. Inspecting it, Vraikul knew something was missing, and then it occurred to him. Every proper cloak had a royal brooch to set it off. He pulled out the original spellwolf, and removed his heart, then, as an afterthought, he took out the heart of another, and he replaced both of the spellwolves, after remaking their hearts. After stowing the first heart, Vraikul grabbed the second heart with his many hands, and he compressed it, drawing shadows into it, until finally he opened his hands, and there was a small, pulsing, diamond, that seemed to pull the light into it, but it did not shine, merely created an absence of light. He gave the cloak to the god.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Volta, lord of darkness
    Volta took up the cloak with a mixture of disgust and pride.

"Yes, very nice. Would you like something in return? Mind you, my field of specialization is quite small. I have recently acquired some new skills, but I'm sure you can provide those particular services for yourself"

Volta smiled as he threw the cloak across his shoulders and he shimmered, almost invisible. For a second, only that eerie smile was left, hanging in the air all alone, but the rest of him soon returned. Volta extended his hand to the dark god, the darker god.

"If you require nothing further, I will leave. I have some...dark business to attend to"