New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Divine World

Vraikul

Actually... Vraikul began I have one thing I would ask you to, though I would still expect a small favor in the future, one for the form and the other for the cloak. I would ask that you go out and collect one of every race on the world known as Urth, naturally I could do this easily, but I will be... predisposed. I would ask that you only take healthy individuals, though its not particularly important. With that Vraikul sets off.

Obsidion Heart

He arrives on the outskirts of a remote Spellwolf village, that has not yet seen any of the other races. He pulled out the still beating spellwolf heart, and pulled into it the Obsidion liquid he had created, so the heart turned black, and was freezing to the touch. He looked for a suitable place, and then buried the heart deep in the worlds surface. As it beat and pulsed in the darkness, the Obsidion heart bled and pumped Obsidion into the ground, infusing the there with polluted, impure Obsidion, so it would appear as any other mineral. He then set a thought in the minds of the Spellwolves, and in a few generations, when the heart had pumped out a large enough deposit of Obsidion, they would build a mine, right to its resting place. And as Vraikul finished his task, he felt something from the beating obsidion heart, it was more than alive, it was filled with malign intelligence. This, he knew, would one day be his first true son, Vorrul.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

We're not sure exactly, but our history records it to the awakening about 150 years ago.((Thats when I hit them with the wrench)) In regards to your earlier question, for the last 20 years or so, beasts resembling scaled Spellwolves began taking away villagers. We believe them to be transmogrified spellwolves but what knowledge we do gain is limited.

At that moment, a son of Ja'kay was brought to him by two guards. His body covered in bandages. Chieftan, we found this one unconscious on the beach, he has requested to speak with you.

((Theres your cue Silence))
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Heron (The Guy who ran to the spellwolves) stood before the spellwoves.

"War and destruction has torn our race to a fraction of what we are capable of. Be fight each other, destroying what we need to hold most dear. We can not see past our minor problems. I am Heron, the leader of a faction of my brothers. I try to defend myself against the other faction, but they are slaughtering us mercylessly."

He began. As he spoke, he was crafting something in his hands, possibly clay.

"I have a hope for the future. A hope where all inhabitants of Urth can join togeth in peace, and live long and productive lives."

He pulled a small tool from his pocked, and began crafting the finer edges of the thing.

"I hope that you share this vision. What I suggest is that we join together, and strike down these.... monsters, so that we may share our knowledge, and live in peace."

He said as he continued crafting the thing in his hands.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

We would be happy to assist but we lack the ability for a prolonged conflict. You see, our primary focus is on wielding magic, which is pulled from the earth. A visible stream of mana begins to gather in his hand as he speaks, originating from the ground. However, when to much power has been absorbed from a single spot... The mana going into his hand quickly changes from a light blue to a deep black and burns his hand, causing his arm to recoil. And from what we've seen your people have weapons and numbers which could eventually overwhelm us should we enter into a war.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Leolf

The Leolf seem a bit agitated, smoke leaks from some of their nostrils, and rough leathery hide can be seen peeking out of some fur. War, what war? what is this that this... creature, speaks of?

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Volta, the dark paradox
    "I am not a runner of errands, but I will run this errand for you. As for a second task, you may always call upon me, but it will be my favor. Remember that I turned time into a broken thing, interrupted. I made place for nights in an otherwise eternal day. I spliced time and gave half of it to light, the other to you, to us. That will pay for the cloak"

Volta shimmered, and left.

Moments later, he appeared on Urth, slightly above the waters of the ocean.

"Regretably, my schedule is full. I'll need to delegate. One of every race. Quite the demand. I'll give him two of every race. There must be balance, after all"

His hands plunged into the cool water and darkness crept into it. He flew out of the way as the water stirred and stirred, twisted into a tongue that lashed out to the air. The water calmed, returned to the womb of the ocean, but up in the air fourteen dark and watery figures remained. They were hardly material, ghosts almost. Their watery wings would make one think they were angels, but the darkness about them told a different tale. Angels that took, not angels that gave. A contradiction. A rather dark one.

They were his Gatherers, made for one purpose only. Volta shuddered, as if in pain. No, two purposes. Gathering two of each race, stealing them, only to bring them to Fair Black, a prison beneath the waters, where they'd wait to be taken away by Volta himself, to his new friend. Friend, not ally, those were entirely different things. Were they allies, the lords of light would have to be so as well. The Gatherers flew away, unseen in the clouds, off to their first pair of victims.

Volta dove beneath the water and at the very bottom of this murky depth he built a dark cave, with inside it a single bright light, and nothing else. Fair Black, his little invisible prison.

Volta, the paradoxical darkness
    Volta was in the black nothingness once more. After observing the world below for a while, his hand reached out to the living one who represented death. Theontos.

"So, Theontos, have you thought about my proposition?"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

7. - Top - End - #127

Heron continued crafting the thing.

"I can give you the weapons you need. Between the ones we already have, and the ones you can make, we should have enough for a sizeable military. I understand that your people alone stand little chance against their forces, but I think I can pull my forces together for a final rally against them. The news of your help will make their moral soar, and possibly convert some enemies."

He said. He put away the tool, and light, stained with magic, began pouring into the craft.

(OOC: Heron is a cleric, and a quite powerful one at that. Seeing that the Son's of Ja'kay are very militaristic, their leader would have to be powerful.)

"I know of places that we would never be able to take before, but with your help, they would fall."

He turned towards the head member and said firmly "If we rally together, we can be victorious. But it must be done quickly. Bravery is a virtue."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sure of the details but you and your people need not worry. All you need to do is remain here in the capitol under the dragoon's protection. He gestures in the direction of the massive beast that can be seen just off the coast. It seems focused on the sky as a loud "Boom" is heard as Strex appeared in the air just above the village chief. Progress...I love progress but you must do more. Which is why I shall provide you with this gift The gods form can be seen in each main village of the spellwolves. In each one Finely-crafted polearms and breastplate are dropped in large crates in the center of the villages. Some must be done yourselves but do not think all prayers will go unanswered.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Leolf

Dragoon... the thought echoed hollowly in the mind of the Leolfs group leader, Henjen. He had never seen such things in his life in the plains. As Strex appeared, the Henjen turned to him, wonder in his odd eyes green eyes. Who... or what... are you?

10. - Top - End - #130
    Barbarian in the Playground

:thoughts:

Yes one of darkness, I have thought about it. On one hand it would send more to me and my realm beyond the cherrys trees, but on the other hand the others would be agaist it but I'm in. But only make it start slowly. Don't want the others to get very mad at me. Now pardon me, I have to stop a peace talk and start up a war.

One Spell wolf that if one counted very carefully before wasn't there before thinks carefully. :Drat, how is a war going to start with both gods are agaisnt it.
    Last edited by D_Lord; 2008-06-03 at 04:39 PM.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

11. - Top - End - #131

(OOC: nice timing)

Ja'kay brought his gift, which was a long, squat creature intended to be used as a mount, to the center of the spellwolf villages. His gift would couple that of Strex.

A burst of multicolored light protruded from Heron's palm with a sense of finality.

"We can not simply wait in safety as my enemies take the land. I will bring the last of my forces to you, and with or without your support, attack. Infinite thanks is in order on my part. You have been more than gracious. As a token of our alliance, I would like to give you this. As long ast it exists, our alliance stands."

He said as he handed out his creation. It was made of glass, pure and clored. It was amazing workmanship, and resembled a red flower with thorns running down it's sides.

"Our Father made this. It was his most beautiful creation. He gave ten out, and they would stand forever if they weren't destroyed. The last of them was burned days ago. He called it a Rose"

"My your days be long, and may the wind be at your back. Goodbye."

He said as he left.

12. - Top - End - #132

:Mmmm, alliance stands as long as it does, well better wait just alittle can't break it too soon.:
    Last edited by D_Lord; 2008-06-03 at 04:38 PM.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Volta, the contradictory blackness, and Theontos

"Good, good. Just lay your hand in mine, and we'll create the darkest shadow that has ever fallen upon these worlds"

Volta extended his Obsidion claw to the god of death.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

14. - Top - End - #134

Fine. Now dark one of chaos and balance.

Theontos stretched forth his gray gloved hand. A dark enegry can be see around it. He graps Volta's hand with a hand so cold that Volta feels pain and almost curshs it in the grip.

There it's done. Have fun.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Volta, preparing for the peripetia
    "Ouch, you bastard, that hurt! I like it"
    Volta grinned that ghastly grin he'd been practicing ever since his very creation and let go of Death's hand.

"It is done. It is about to begin"

Volta opened his Obsidion claw and an invisible darkness flew out of it, to the world below. A disease, airborne, lethal, though it didn't kill. It simply made those infected very, very murderous indeed. It would only affect bout one in five of a population with a strong immune system, but the creatures would have reason to distrust their own, they would be fighting amongst them selves. There would be chaos, all according to plan. A disease born of two gods. Volta laughed.

16. - Top - End - #136

Hiiihiiihhihii. Don't like pain do you. Well I learned to deal with it. Oh well got to go, there should be some souls that need reaping.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

The wolf chieftan hears the son's words but is too distraced by strex to truly understand them. The villagers and even the dragon itself bow to Strex as the eyes the Leolf leader. "Who me? Just a simple god." he said with a smirk.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Leolf

The Leolfs brow furrowed, and smoke plumed gently from his nostrils, absent minded. He spoke, with hushed confusion What... What is a "god"? I have never heard of such a creature before.

19. - Top - End - #139

(OOC: What? And you don't care about Ja'kay?

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    (OOC: What? And you don't care about Ja'kay?
    (OOC: Who, me? Why would my guys care about Ja'Kay, they come from the plains, were made by Vraikul, they're basically Weredragyr that adapted to the plains, so they're more cat like, with hide more like a rhinos than with scales)

21. - Top - End - #141

(OOC: I was talking about the spellwolves, not your creatures.)

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

"Strange...the one who created you didn't make his pesence known? I didn't know one of us was that modest. Well, since I hate long-winded explanations...catch. Strex creates and tosses a Wrench of Knowledge to the Leolf leader. It depicts the beast that attacked the village, the creation and formation of the world and the spellwolves as well as those responsible for it ((At least the ones Strex knows of))

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    (OOC: I was talking about the spellwolves, not your creatures.)
    (OOC: Ah, I see.)

The Leolf, Henjen, now spoke with a deep basso voice, quite at odds with his timidity earlier. Ah, I see... These creatures, they... how to put this... they resemble us, or rather, our ancestors. Long ago, our ancestors came to the planes, from lands unknown, for reasons unknown, and over time they changed to suit the land, and they grew into a civilizations of.. whats the word your people would use... ah, yes, tribes. We know nothing of our creator, we merely know of a powerful will that drove our ancestors to seek those planes. Since then, we have always held strength of will in highest regard... A god then?

24. - Top - End - #144

Ja'kay saw what was happening, and came to Urth.

He was mighty to behold, magic visably radiating off of him. He stood over 10 feet high, and looked like a lion.

I am Ja'kay, god of the wild. I rule over nature and the wild beasts.

He said, trying to impress the creatures. Probably more like putting them into shock, but he didn't care.

He reached out his hand to one, and blessed him.

Your life shall be infinite. Age and disease will never effect you. You will only die from the sword. You will be fast, and strong, and brave. You are my chosen.

He said as he dissapeared.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I am feeling generous today, i suppose another gift wouldnt hurt. Hey you, the one with no fur ((Referring to Ja'Kay's guy)) If you're gonna die by the sword, then you're gonna need to live by the sword. Dont take this gift lightly, its was given to me by a former god...a friend. However I dont have much use for it so...catch. He raises his hand into the air as the clouds part in a circular pattern and the sky glows red. An object falls from the sky and lands right in front of Heron. Its is a large sword, blood red with something etched on the blade in a strange language.
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-06-03 at 05:33 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146

(OOC: I assume when you say "Ja'kay" you mean the guy I blessed...

Also, who gave you the sword?)

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PirateJesus View Post
    Well, I am feeling generous today, i suppose another gift wouldnt hurt. Hey you, the one with no fur ((Referring to Ja'Kay's guy)) If you're gonna die by the sword, then you're gonna need to live by the sword. Dont take this gift lightly, its was given to me by a former god...a friend. However I dont have much use for it so...catch. He raises his hand into the air as the clouds part in a circular pattern and the sky glows red. An object falls from the sky and lands right in front of Ja'kay. Its is a large sword, blood red with something etched on the blade in a strange language.
    (OOC: Actually, he was referring to one of my guys (I Think), I'm going to assume, for the sake of the fact that he's named, that its Henjen.)
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-06-03 at 05:36 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148

A shadowy figure stands behind Ja'kay.
    And my cursed. Every blade will seek out your heart, soon all friends will treat you with emapty, they see your words as instealing, that you play others as a fool, no mortal will live forever.
    Last edited by D_Lord; 2008-06-03 at 05:37 PM.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149

(OOC: I blessed one of your guys (apparently named Henjen). The same guy got the blessing and the blade.

Forget me dissapearing. That was before I heard what he said.)

Ja'kay was enraged by this perversion of his blessing, and spun around, throwing a gigantic fist, backed with mighty power and energy at the figure behind him.
    Last edited by Silence; 2008-06-03 at 05:44 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150

He swings and hits nothing but a bunch of falling cherry bossems.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show