New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Divine World

Ja'kay muttered a few choice curses under his breath.

He would never get used to that god...

He turned back to the poor cursed soul. There wasn't much he could do in the way of blessings at this point. What Death had said was final.

He did have something else to say. A prophecy.

You may be scorned and hated, but you will become a hero, in your lifetime. You will do more good for your people than the evil Death has done to you.

(OOC: at this point, the poor guy is probably in shock.)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Leolf

All of it was too much for the mortal, he could have dealt with all these problems over time, but all at once it overwhelmed him. He roared, a primal roar, and shifted into his bestial form, with a rough, brown, leathery, scaly hide, long sharp ears, and slitted jade eyes, that glittered with savagery. With the sword still strapped to his back, Henjen yowled and loaped off beyond the outskirts of the village, and odd howling noises, like that off a dragons roar and wolfs howl combined, could be heard over the land.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #153

I don't think that went as well as it could...

Ja'kay mused sarcasticly to Strex.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess...Well now I'm bored. He sits down right where he was standing...in midair...upside down. After a while the wolves start to go back about their business.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

5. - Top - End - #155

Ja'kay turned to Strex and flipped himself over so that they were on the same.... umm.... you get the idea.

What do you say to an alliance between us two?

Ja'kay said.

We seem to have the same intrests, and I have a lot of respect for you.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Leolf+Henjen

Over time, the remaining Leolf returned to their tribe, and summon aid to assist in the war. As they left, they kept issuing furtive glances to the outskirts of town, fear evident in their eyes.

The Weredragyr activity increased, more often Spellwolves would go missing, and more Weredragyr would appear, but there was no real explanation for their sudden increase, though some suspected, as jade eyes stared back from the darkness...

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Seems fine to me. We do both speak the same color. Of course I'll have to confer with the council. He materializes a ham sandwich and begins munching.
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-06-03 at 06:16 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

A single figure goes amoung the Leolf. Giveing words that taken alone would give confert but altogether just make more tention and anger.

Hiihihihihihhi. Die mortals, diiiee.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Leolf

Most of the group pay little heed to the voice, unknowingly accustomed to much darker things, but one went mad, and began stalking the lands, until it traveled north, to the cold blasted lands of the Xama.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Halfling in the Playground

Imp

Torch sat with his son, Blaze, in a mudhut the humans felt the urge to build to keep the cold and rain out. He wasn't empathetic with the fact they wanted to live in them on the warm days, which was most days near the river. They cooled people. Luckily, today was a rainy day and Torch was in a good mood. Blaze and he were playing Truth Toss, where each of them would toss a rock to the other and the other would try and say some truth the other didn't know, when they ran out the victor was the one who knew the most. Torch never loss at Truth Toss. But he often used it as a jumping board for teaching, indeed he had made it for explicitly that purpose.

I love my son. he said with a smile.
    I know that, hissed back Blaze
    Really? I would never have guessed. Lord Sun shines on all in his generosity, giving us life each day.
    I know that too Father, are you going to pester me with bad truths all night? Do you need to tell me that Lotus is my mother?
    Lotus is your mother
    Give me the rock father, and I will show you how its done.
    But my son, I have yet to enlighten you on the nature of where we are. the edge of his mouth cracked into a smile and he tossed his son the rock
    We are in a mudhut, just like all other mud huts. But, I saw a snake in the sands, it was slithering and writhing and then I crushed its head. I think Shine was most impressed.
    Was she now? You're getting older. Are you considering marrying her?
    No, I'm just in it for the sex, yes I'm considering her for marriage. Father, she's clever, she's nice, she's devout enough.
    Hah, good for you boy, I'd recommend asking her somewhere private for a secret marriage.
    Why?
    Because boy, you're in love. You don't want to coerce her through the I am the future Genasi routine. You want to coerce her through clever words.
    I suppose you are right father. said the boy, tossing back the stone and getting up.

Torch remembered how cold it was outside and shivered before putting on the reed cloak Lotus had made. He had somewhere he needed to be. Trudging through the rain he went to the site of the Xanadu tree. But he didn't approach it, he merely shouted, Stellerex! Stellerex! I want to talk to you about my son!
    Brevity is the soul of wit

11. - Top - End - #161

Oops. My bad.
    Last edited by Silence; 2008-06-03 at 06:24 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162

Quote Originally Posted by PirateJesus View Post
    Seems fine to me. We do both speak the same color. Of course I'll have to confer with the council. He materializes a ham sandwich and begins munching.
    Ja'kay grinned at the god's humor.

Well, inform me when the council has decided.

Probably around the same time the council finishes their royal feast....

Heron went back to his people, and led them back into the Spellwolf villages. They armed themselves, and learned to use the mounts that Ja'kay had made for them. They taught the spellwolves the art of combat, and armed them.

Then, Heron ordered the attack.

He ordered every Son of Ja'kay capable of fighting to him, along with every spellwolf warrior and magician. He brought them together, and began the attack.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

The Leolf

The Leolf responded to the call of Heron as well, and a few tribes' worth of warriors arrived to help. They carried no weapons or armor, but their long strong arms, tipped with deadly claws, their distended muzzles filled with sharp teeth, and their tough leathery hides, it hardly seemed necessary. at the very back of the advance, hiding in woods and shadows, a pack of Weredragyr followed on the outskirts of the advancing host, with a too familiar, jade eyed beast, with a sword strapped to its back, at their head.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

The Attack

The spellwolves were more than happy to join in the first wave of troops. Circles of 3-5 mages would conjure massive fireballs and launch them at the large groups of enemies, thinning them out before they made their way to the melee units, the members of which constantly enhancing themselves with bursts of mana.
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-06-03 at 06:27 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165

The opposition was crushed by the mighty attack. When all was said and done, Heron took back the land that he had inhabited before. He gave all the knowledge he knew of to the spellwolves and the Leolf.

And, for a moment of peace, rested.

A statue of Heron and the leader of te spellwolves shaking hands was erected (OOC: hehehehehe.....) in every city and town of the sons of Ja'kay.
    Last edited by Silence; 2008-06-03 at 06:31 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166

Now why did I decied to keep you out of my cherrys again? Theontos says as a soul of an snake writhing in his hands.
    Now I remember, I wanted to see what a soul would do if left in the mortal world, not allowed my realm or rest. Off you go for now, I reap you later.
    The soul of the snake slipped away into the darkness.

Oh yes, To the Reaping!
    In the shadows of the battle. Hidden from mortal eyes Theontos is there. Reaping the souls of the fallen.
    Last edited by D_Lord; 2008-06-03 at 06:30 PM.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Three humans, somewhere on Urth
    There were three humans, watching the night sky. The stars their lords had given them were beautiful.
    "So, Shine, do you think you'll marry Torch's son?"
    She blushed.
    Her father laughed. He had been happy seeing Shine and Blaze grow towards eachother.

Suddenly, the air shimmered, and all Shine could see of her parents were their feet, dissapearing upwards, in the nightsky. She opened her mouth to scream, but no sound would come out. Instead, she dropped to her knees. A few minutes later she rose again, and calmly walked back to the village. The plague had made it's first victim. She was about to kill. Anyone would do.
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-06-03 at 06:32 PM.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

With the military backing, the spellwolves began something they wouldn't have considered before...weapons development. One creation in particular, was a crossbow, sort of. It was roughly 4 feet long and the bow was replaced with a magical thread made tensile. The bolts too were different, they were now thick rods which when fired, could recreate the effects of a fireball spell.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Henjen

The Leolf returned home, though some stayed either to set up trade routes, or to live in the spellwolf town.

As the Leolf returned home, so did the Weredragyr, and, oddly enough, when they did the rate of Spellwolves disappearing in then night dropped drastically, though more animals and livestock were found dead than before, however the Weredragyr became bolder. Every night they would wait, in the dark, a little bit closer to the town, their yellow, and one pair green, eyes staring into the village for long periods, seemingly for no reason.

Vraikul

Vraikul had not been idle in this time, and, on the night of the battle, a dark form slipped near the human village, in a prime spot a distance away from the village, and a distance more in the ground, another Obsidion heart- this time human, beat rhythmically, spreading the metal substance throughout the land. For the humans part, Vraikul whispered a few choice rumours about a valuable commodity buried in the ground near town, and set it to ripen in time. Over the while, Vraikul had increased the spread and purity of the Obsidion in the ground, though not the heart itself. Soon, the time will come thought Vraikul to himself, coldly.

20. - Top - End - #170

I hate having to meddle. Tempo stands within a valley, somewhere hidden among the tallest mountain in the world. Planting a single seed, Tempo then forms a creature out of the ice surrounding the valley. Guard this flower forever, for this flower, when it blooms every thousand years, will provide the only substance that can bring one back from the dead. The only way to defy Death. Let only my self and the greatest hero this world will ever have pass. Let all other fall into Theontos clutches.

21. - Top - End - #171

The son's of Ja'kay, inspired by the spellwolves design, began working on a heavy weapon.

They started with a large creation, almost ten feet long that lauched a spear, but soon realised that is was no good for attacking anything but a single man. They wanted to learn how to lauch a stone a far way.

Around this time, they discovered explosives.

(OOC: You see where this is going....)

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Using large suits of full-plate, the spellwolves made numerous attempts at creating walking magical laborers but the closest one to success could not do much more than stand on its own let alone perform work. Mistakenly, a wolven warrior donned the suit and found it to be amazing in combat. Speed, strength, and other things that were impossible for the average soldier were but small feats for this creation.

23. - Top - End - #173

(OOC: This game has kinda evolved into a civilation game.... sweet.)

The Sons of Ja'kay's design evolved in two directions. A large model that lauched huge rockes long distances (think catapult) emerged, and a smaller model that used explosives to launch a small stone was in the beta phase.

24. - Top - End - #174

Imp

As the village died swiftly to the plague, Lord Sun's anger as kindled against Torch.

TORCH! You have allowed my creations to die! And for what cause? To steal away to Xanadu? You're already eternally young! And now all the humans I created are DEAD?

Wait, you mean- Blaze! I must hurry. a burst of fire brighter then any seen before on Urth erupted from Torch and his form bulleted so quickly he out moved the crackling sound of the fire that launched him. He moved and moved till at last he reached reached the village. It was full of the dead. Even Blaze was dead.

You see your failure! I will send you through the cherry fields for this! came Lord Sun's voice, screaming in his mind.

But Torch ignored the voice. He knew this had been some kind of plague and he had no way of protecting himself from it, but he rushed in anyway. He held the body of his son in his arms and began to sing out in the tongue in a tongue the gods would recognize as their own, This was my son, whom I cradled in my arm, my son, who I raised from his youth, my son who I laughed with and smiled with. My son who freed me from the cold of this world! May those who killed him be burned by the all purifying fire! May those who wrought this be burned from the heart outward, as they have now burned me! This is my vow, my oath to all of creation! I will not rest, not falter, till I have retrieved my son from the hands of Death and till I have destroyed those who killed him.

(Torch has just done something very stupid. He's bound himself by an oath to kill two gods. He's probably ****ed so bad.)

25. - Top - End - #175

(OOC: how fast does the plauge travel?)

26. - Top - End - #176

Imp

(No clue. But I figured that happened maybe the night after Torch left for Xanadu, which would take a couple of weeks to get to, and that a couple of weeks was enough to kill a village of humans.)

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

(Xafanadu, or Xanadu? I need to make sure to prepare)

28. - Top - End - #178

Imp

(Xafanadu, my apologies for the misspelling.)

29. - Top - End - #179

That was so foolish little one.
    Theontos steps forth out of the darkness. He looks down at Torch eyes still shrouded behind his hood but the pupplis light of them can show where they are.
    Why throw away your life, you can last so much longer, have more children build another village ...

He says this last bit with a smirk. Have more lives come to my hands.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180

(OOC: I'll hit the fastforeward button.)

The plauge spread quickly to the surrounding villages, leaving death and chaos in its trail.

Most people didn't get infected, but most of them were killed by the insane infected.

Many hid, and the ones that did survived.

It killed about 80% of the population in all.

The large amount of death attracted Ja'kay's attention. He came and saw what had happened, and was disturbed by the recent turn of events. He didn't know what to do, though, so he went to Strex to inform him of the problem.