New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Divine World

Theontos steps out of a cherry tree.
    Just fine. The wars give me plenty to do. So I guessing something important brings you here?

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Vraikul

Vraikul nodded to Volta as he left. He realized there was knowledge and logic in his words, and much as he detested ignorance, he realized it was necessary for knowledge, for truly, how could one learn if lest he had an absence of knowledge in the first place?

He turned once more to his work: A human body strapped to one of his obsidion tables. He finished his work and returned the body to the wall. He turned on the newcomers, who shivered in the darkness of his cave. He would conduct knew experiments, ones that did not require the pain of his charges. He walked into a new section of his cave that he had not previously used. The room was cut into sections, and the pairs were each herded into their own section. All the necessities for life were met, and, though not comfortable, the spartan chambers were easily livable. Vraikul melted away into the darkness, and, though they could no longer see, his eyes were always watching, scribbling in his notebooks. Though he could, of course, observe the day to day activities of his charges, this was not his purpose. They were here to satisfy his curiosity on another subject entirely, one he had observed, and took note of. They were there for one purpose: To breed.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Volta and Theontos
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Lord View Post
    Theontos steps out of a cherry tree.
    Just fine. The wars give me plenty to do. So I guessing something important brings you here?
    "The plague has been taking too many. It was far more effective than I had intended. We almost wiped out the humans. There is more destruction than creation, and I am going to balance it. I'm giving someone the cure. I came here to warn you, so you would not think of it as a betrayal. They are your souls to take, I understand, but there must be balance too"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

(OOC: it's showtime, baby.)

Ja'kay

Ja'kay grinned and dissapeared from the trio.

He reapeared in front of a huge field of cherry trees.

There was a line in the grass. Not a physical line, but a slight shift in dimension. It was a sunny, warm day, and the place looked like somewhere where children would run and play.

Ja'kay stepped over the line, and the world shifted into a darker place. The sky was pitch black, and evil was oozing from everywhere. He approached a cherry tree.

Come out, Theontos, or are you too scared of me? I shall level your field if you don't come to me like the God you are.

Ja'kay waited for a moment, and then swung his axes at the tree, smashing it to peaces.

The land erupted in chaos as thousands of dead spirits rose, and cherry blossoms like razor blades rushed at Ja'kay.

He unleashed a powerful wave of energy, illuminating the battlefield. Most of the attackers were blown into a million pieces to forever rest, but some of them continued their charge.

Ja'kay fell back into a springing position, like a tiger ready to pounce, then lauched himself at the attackers, spinning his axes in a whirlwind of attacks as if they were as light as feathers.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Halfling in the Playground

Imp

Lord Sun waited for his part in the plan and watched the conflict from a distance.
    Brevity is the soul of wit

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Strex lies in wait underground in the vast mana streams for his target to appear.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

7. - Top - End - #217

Ja'kay

Ja'kay released a fierce battle cry and charged deep into the grove, letting the rage of the wild overtake him. He was like a tornado of destruction, smashing souls and cherry trees. Suddenly, he felt excruciating pain in his leg. He turned to see a huge ghostly serpent behind him, and his leg pouring golden blood. He waited for the thing to attack, and it did. He brought up his blades, catching the creature at the last moment, blocking the attack, and then followed through with his blade, biting deep into its neck. It reared back, and Ja'kay took the moment to attack the creature. He sliced it's ghostly form open, and it exploded in a cloud of darkness.

The darkness burned at Ja'kay, hurting him. Ja'kay stepped back and assesed the situation. He had killed the guardian, and smashed through dozens upon dozens cherry trees. He was pretty banged up, and the venom of the snake seemed to be spreading across his body. It weakened him, making him want to fall to the ground. Ja'kay collected himself, and focused all his energy on removing the venom from his body. He drew energy from the ground beneath his feet, and purged his body of the substance. He was tired and wounded, but still ready to go.

You're guardian is dead. What shall you do now? Let me cut through your groves, destroying your only creation? Thousands, millions, of souls have been released into the world. You have failed your job at keeping them. So what are you to do? Stop me? But you can't. You're a creature of shadow, a creature of weakness. You are a coward. You would never fight me in a fair fight....

Ja'kay yelled, then quietly finished

Or will you?

(OOC: Now I wait for D Lord to come online. I might finish that little adventure while I'm at it.)

Heron

Heron sat on a stump infront of a half-burning campfire. It was late at night, and the rest of the troops were in their tents, sleeping.

How could I have done that?

He thought.

It's my fault they're dead.... it's as if I've killed them.

He continued in his mind.

Well, I might as well forget about it. The mission was a success. We shall return, and the colony ships shall arrive afterwards. They can use an airship to bring a fully armed regement in and exterminate those creatures.

A few hours later, he was leading the troop towards the sea. They returned hom, and all that Heron thought came to be.
    Last edited by Silence; 2008-06-04 at 09:04 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Vraikul

Vraikul noticed the commotion, and there was nothing he could do in his cave, so he set his notes to be written by a pair of arms and eyes he left over every pen, and he slinked over near the land with the cherry trees, and waiting in the shadows, invisible to the eye of even the gods, lest the knew what to look for. and that thought Vraikul is but one reason knowledge is power as he settled in to wait, he made sure that he was prepared to act on a moments notice, reflecting that yes, it was almost time.

Elsewhere...

The Spellwolf tribe had begun mining, and after a while they had come across the perfect place for a new mine. It was rich in resources, and the Spellwolves themselves became rich, but as they dug deeper the darkness seemed to... intensify, and the warmth of the deep underground began to turn to chill. As they ventured deeper, their lights seemed to cast less light and more shadow, and eventually just began to go out from the cold and darkness of the underground, but they pushed on, for some unexplicable reason, until they reached a cavern that was pitch black, and resisted everything but the brightest of lights, and in that cavern they found a true commodity: Obsidion...

9. - Top - End - #219

Oh is it? Are they?

A hissing sound can be heard behind Ja'kay. The souls of the dead just put them selfs together again and get up. The Cherry Trees grow anew.

Did you think that what I control that other gods gave shape and form to, will be put down that easyly.

Theontos steps out behind Ja'kay swinging his scythe.

(OCC: some of the fixing is just illusions, is this Theontos but not the souls. As I said before, most souls here are damed or not, Theontos and their own god have to work together to send to true final rest.)

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks like thats my cue. The ground begins to shake violently as a massive portion of the earth beneath Ja'kay and Theontos disappears revealing Strex. A massive sphere of energy surrounds them while 9000 Steel, Hexagonal towers float in its wall around another massive tower on top of which Strex stands. Alright Jak, our friend has a single use key to get in here but dont screw around, time is money.

Seeing the distraction being caused by the souls. Strex decides to help out. Better be careful, cant let on too much about this. He removes a small portion of of the bandages on his right arm revealing a small amount of what appears to be ruby. SEAL! With this powerful command, the interfering souls are being drawn into his arm.
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-06-04 at 10:25 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221

Oh is it? Are they?

A hissing sound can be heard behind Ja'kay. The souls of the dead just put them selfs together again and get up. The Cherry Trees grow anew.

Did you think that what I control that other gods gave shape and form to, will be put down that easyly.

Theontos steps out behind Ja'kay swinging his scythe.

(OCC: some of the fixing is just illusions, is this Theontos but not the souls. As I said before, most souls here are damed or not, Theontos and their own god have to work together to send to true final rest.)
    (OOC: Look. This is godmodding. That's what it is. Now, I'm not posting one more post in this thread until you do something reasonable.)
    Last edited by Silence; 2008-06-04 at 10:26 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222

Surpise Strex!

Theontos is right infront of Strex. And swinging his scythe glowing with dark energies at his chest. And he is in front of Ja'kay and behind him and one standing in the middle of the cherry trees.

(OCC: The one infront of Strex is not the real one, the real one is behind Strex. A little displacement trick.)
    Last edited by D_Lord; 2008-06-04 at 11:10 PM.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Suprise yourself.
    Strex expells a burst of energy in all directions and jumps to another tower.

14. - Top - End - #224

Theontos blocks the energy this his scythe being forced back but keeping the illuisons up.
    Grrrr. I should guess it wouldn't be that easy. Oh, well. Ghosts of my trees Rise Up Anew. Destory these towers. Cleanse my fields these defilers.
    A great Cherry Tree bigger then all the tower comes forth out of the ground. Swinging it's huge barnchs at the towers.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

The tree's flailing is stopped dead in it's tracks by the tower.

Ever see an immovable rod? Pretty neat huh? They make excellent anchors. Plus I'm the least of your worries. He said as Ja'kay came up behind Theo with an axe.

((Silence, if you wanted to do something else, just ignore that last bit.))

16. - Top - End - #226

Grrr. Lets try something different then. Darkness of the Grave cover my fields let none but Death see with the light from beyond.

Darkness covers the whole fields. Only Theontos and the dead can see anything at all.

(OOC: this may seem abit much but illusions can make things dark as well as light and this is Theontos home. He knows it so well even he can't see, he can still find you.)

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Magical darkness. Boy does that take me back. True Sight! Theo can see a pair of glowing red eyes with violet cat-like pupils.

18. - Top - End - #228

Wrong move, if I can see you. I can hurt you. In the old but new way SOUL ATTACK!

Theontos focusing the souls throught his scythe. Creating a blast that crushes the towers.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

The the souls in Theotos' blast are almost instantly drawn to Strex's arm as he counters with a burst of his own. The towers in the path of the blasts are quickly annihilated.

20. - Top - End - #230

Fine then I think I'll rest, souls attack them. My Tree is free to move now crush them.

(OCC: Theontos is in really going to get some help, but he is leaving a one powerful illusion of themself. One that can hurt others. and the souls and the trees are still there. Oh one more thing the blasts would make the bossems start blowing around again.)

Volta where are you? I need help I can't deal with every god of light at once.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Volta, the blade that cuts both ways
    Volta liked it that Theontos had summoned that impenetrable darkness. Both him and his new ally would be able to reap the benefits of this. Yes, ally, now that the other gods were allies, so were they. Only they would be able to see in the darkness, as it was their domain. If they strengthened it the darkness would take two lightgods and the god who's domain this was to make it dissapear, and they simly didn't have that. But he could not call upon Vraikul until the third god appeared. Two to two. Seemed a fair battle. Except that, you know, the others couldn't see.

Volta stepped forth, through the impenetrable darkness, not visible in his shadowy cloak, and he walked up to Ja'Kay. The god could not see, and even if he could Volta was invisible. His hands grabbed on to the two axes.
    "Surprise attack" he whispered, as he disappeared into the shadows with them.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

22. - Top - End - #232

Quote Originally Posted by PirateJesus View Post
    He said as Ja'kay came up behind Theo with an axe.
    Now you're goddmodding?

I'm having serious doubts about continuing this gae.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    Now you're goddmodding?

I'm having serious doubts about continuing this gae.
    Well, he did ask you politely. Not that THAT's really a good excuse, but he wasn't really trying to godmod you.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Vraikul

Vraikul had waited patiently, indeed his whole existence had been patience, but now was the time to act, not wait. Out of the darkness, a dozen bony arms reached out, menacingly tipped with dagger like claws and talons, grabbing for Strex, and half as many mouths, large and filled with sharp teeth, lunged forward to rip into him. The Arms and mouths seemed to come from the very darkness of the shadows until one looked deeper... and realized that there should not be a shadow, and certainly not this large - Vraikuls bloated form was indistinguishable from the darkness of the realm, as his arms and mouths reached out to grasp, claw, rake, bite, slash, and tear the god to pieces.

25. - Top - End - #235

Imp

(I really actually hate doing this. I wasn't going to turn on Ja'kay until later. But man. There's a line.)

BY THE FIRST LIGHT! shouts a voice a voice, crackling with hot, burning fire as Lord Sun's avatar appears in the air above the other gods, Know my heart! he shouted forming a fist and directing it at Ja'kay a blast of nuclear fire rips through the air and tumbles into Ja'kay who blocks it with some degree of difficulty, While the whole undoing the plague and killing its makers is still on my agenda, the soul-killer has to die. I'm willing to offer a truce till we've killed the soul killer. Strex, I'm sure you see the justice in this. Join us.

Lord Sun's avatar animates numerous new fire elementals and begins to create whirling rings of fire all around his form. All of the fire is white and bright as the sun. Well not the sun at point blank range but pretty close.

26. - Top - End - #236

Inside one of cherry trees. Theontos looks at his ruined domain.
    My Cherrys, the souls, all under attack. All this because I put a little too much power into what was supposed to be a simple plague. I took hundreds that with more time could have been thousands, no millions slowing coming to me. Well they have seen the power of souls and deception well now it's time for Death to show his face.

Theontos orders the illusion of him self to attack more of the towers, as for himself he has right now only one target.

DIE! RUINER OF TRUE LIFE AND DEATH!
    Ja'kay finds himself the under the assault of an very angry Death God.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry, but the death of Ja'Kay would be far too counterproductive.Strex lands on the ground. His voice suddenly changes.Looks like it can't be helped. I'm going to have to play my hand. Placing a hand on his bandaged shoulder, he tears off a piece causing the bandages to fall off revealing a jagged, clawed arm made of blood-red crystal, the souls used to attack him and millions of others can be seen inside of it. Wings made of the same crystal materialize on his back. Placing his clawed hand on the ground, he begins absorbing not only nearby souls but sucks huge amounts of both light and dark mana from the planet and it's inhabitants. He only leaves enough which is needed to maintain life. He stands up, radiating this newly absorbed power.You kill me, you kill the souls I shelter.
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-06-05 at 05:13 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238

Imp

That power is MINE! It was my light that gave birth to all of you! And you steal it from me! shouts Lord Sun and in a mere moment teleports to Strex and grips him by the arms.

Listen Strex, here's how its going to be. Your going to pretend that your fighting against me and losing. Their going to kill Ja'kay. They don't care about your ****ing bomb. But I do. Damn it, I hate being the good guy here but look. Their gonna kill Ja'kay and consume his power but their still going to be bushed, you and me can kill them, you can take Volta's power and the dark thing's power, we funnel the power of Theontos to Stellerex and everyone goes away happy. Well except those four but you know. Or I'm going to turn off the sun and set my avatar off as the biggest explosion you've ever seen right on top of you. And all of your precious "productivity" will die in mere instants. Now pretend to struggle and live, or actually struggle and die and kill all of creation. Your choice. the telepathic message to Strex ends with that.
    Last edited by Cyr; 2008-06-05 at 05:21 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

I've already pulled out my trump card. The void bomb would be a little more than a hunk of metal now that that I've released. As for my answer... From his arm, Strex fire a shotgun-like volley of crystal spears at LS. "Luckily" all they do is lightly graze him as Strex begins gathering a highly concentrated amount of dark mana in his hand.

Back on the material plane, the Leolf leader, one of the very few beings still conscious after the mana drain, can hear moaning coming from the sword given to him by Strex.
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-06-05 at 05:30 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240

Imp

Lord Sun continues the tussle with Strex. (Okay, lets not overclot the thread with false attacks. I'm going to take a bit of a break now.)