New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Divine World

I HATE HAVING TO MEDDLE! Tempo freezes time for the worlds so that the wiping out of all life doesn't happen.There is still time for the worlds, so I have to keep them alive.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Halfling in the Playground

Imp

(SeeOOC thread)
    Brevity is the soul of wit

3. - Top - End - #243

Imp

Ja'kay swings his axe at Theontos, kicks outward in a circle to clear off space, releases a hail of pin-like objects from his skin and then abruptly teleports over Volta's head and latches onto Volta.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Ja'kay swings his axe at Theontos, kicks outward in a circle to clear off space, releases a hail of pin-like objects from his skin and then abruptly teleports over Volta's head and latches onto Volta.
    He then suddenly notices it isn't Volta he's latched on to but a cherry tree.

Volta, in the mean time, was sitting somewhere, wondering about what to do next. He was unsure which of the other gods were aligned, but Ja'Kay clearly had been turned on by Lord Sun. This brought up the question of his own alignments. First of all, could he allow Ja'Kay to die? Would it upset the balance? Beasts and nature? No, he could be allowed to die. Did he have to die? No, Volta didn't oppose this soulkilling at all. Destruction of the eternal soul was the kind of thing he liked, but he saw no reason to help the sod for that reason alone.

One thing was for sure, death couldn't be allowed to die, despite the wonderful paradox that would make. As long as neither of the light gods died, Vraikul had to live. But Lord Sun was allowed to die. No harm in that. If Lord Sun died, Volta would simply renounced his own domain of darkness and there would once more be one light god and one god of darkness.

Hmmm, Strex. Strex was fighting Lord Sun, and was probably on Ja'Kay's side. This made for a two to three to one battle. Three groups, that wasn't balanced at all. Lord Sun was the odd one out. Unless, off course, Volta split off his own group. One to two to two to one. That would mean fighting death though, and he wouldn't allow him to be hurt.

Volta had decided. The lord of Paradox jumped Lord Sun and warped them both out of there; saving him from a blast of dark energy from Strex.

The two found themselves somewhere in space, in nothingness.

"I apologise. I had to balance the battle. You don't like death and you don't like Ja'Kay. Now they are in a fair fight, each with an ally. We will watch the battle from here, me and you, darkness and light. While you would like them both to die, I would like them both to live. Ironic, really, if you consider I'm on death's side"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

5. - Top - End - #245

Imp

At least I'm consistent, one moment your on someone's side, the next your not. Here's how its going to be, when your dead and I've consumed your power, I'm going to go back, Kill Death, Ja'kay, and Strex, give the power of Death to Stellerex to raise the dead, and keep your power, Ja'kay's power, and Strex's power for myself. Am I clear? Good. Of course its a temporary solution, some other idiot will take your post, but still... (We're in space right? Cool. Great thing about being basically a big ball of nuclear energy is this...) Lord Sun's avatar splits in half and the energy thats built up in his armor splits outward in an instant. The blast isn't enough to seriously damage Volta, though it does singe him a bit. The energy then settles down into a kind of minature sun, about the size of a small mansion Now you die pest.. Lord Sun flings a few more bolts of fire at Volta, creates a handful of minions to throw at Volta periodically.

Lord Sun sends a message to Strex, I'd prefer if you didn't intervene in the battle with Death but its ultimately up to you now. I have someone I need to kill.

Ja'kay hacks the Cherry tree down then teleports away into the air, where he circles before he plummets toward Death his axes raised.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Volta, the two axed warrior
    Volta could only laugh as he fended off the blast with a swirl of his two axes.

"Oh, Lord Sun, for the one who's been around longest, you're not very wise"

He teleported, and kept teleporting, all over the place, invisible in the murky black of space, but his voice was everywhere at once.

"Consistent, you say? It's your first battle and you immediately switch sides. I, on the other hand, I've been consistent all along. I know what I want, Lord Sun. Balance. You want to disrupt it, have all the power of the other gods. Being the first doesn't mean being the best. You're Lord Sun, but the sun is right over there. You're the light, but you're amidst the black. I like the contrast"

Volta appeared before Lord Sun, but only for an extremely brief instant.
    "Boo"
    He was gone again.

"See, the battle down there, you're making too much assumptions. Ja'Kay is unarmed. Strex has turned on you and used a bunch of his power to miss you with his attacks, the poor sod. But Theontos, it's his domain, he has the advantage there. Vraikul, oh Vraikul, maybe you hadn't seen him yet, but he's there too, invisible, just like me. The darkness is winning, Lord Sun. The only reason I took you here is so that you would survive"

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

7. - Top - End - #247

Imp

Lord Sun chuckles, when a ring of fire sinks around Volta's neck and holds there, Yes, precious balance. Its stupid of you to really think you have power or life. You're a mockery of a true god Volta, you're a program. Nothing more, Stellerex, Strex, Ja'kay, and me we're all more then our dominions, but you're just the base program of a deity. The baseline, what we're all built on. I do more then shine and rule, Stellerex does more then heal, Ja'kay's a bastard and thats not his domain, Strex is more then magic and progress. But you, all you'll ever be is a program. A destroyer or creator, a virus in our universe to purge the unwanted or to build cancerous growths. When you fall, another just like you will come. When I die, when Strex dies, when Stellerex dies those who take up our dominions will be different, perhaps worse or perhaps better. But you are nothing more then what you rule. You have no definition, no self. Just an idea, harbored in your mind of how the world should be.

The mortals are already more then you will ever be, Volta. When I kill you, it won't really kill you because there is no you. It'll bring back someone just like you, someone with the same thoughts and ideas. But I carry on, knowing that when you die, at least I will have snuffed out one more arrogant little godling trying to overthrow the one who freed him from the darkness.

(You did NOT disarm a deity without him noticing you. You do not have the ability to interrupt Strex and kidnap Lord Sun. After trying to do all that you do not have the ability to turn invisible and hide from Lord Sun, you do not have these capabilities, they are out of your league.)

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Stellerex wondered exactly what would happen. He healed the injured deities who fought eachother, not exactly clear what was going on. He just made sure that Theontos would lose the battle. Nevertheless they fought repeatedly.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Vraikul

Vraikul melted back into the darkness until it was just that - darkness - and then appeared before Volta. What will you do lord of paradoxes? Shall we finish this fight, or end it before it truly begins... or have you another plan?
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh, the thought I would waste such power on a simple blast? His crystal arm, for a moment, changes into a massive set of jaws and devours the ball of blackened energy he held. The power radiates through him. His crystal extremities, turn pitch black and the souls within him can be heard wailing in pain. The presure of this power intensifies to the point where it can be felt by the other gods and crushes the enraged tree into splinters.Now the fun starts! He jumps off of the ground, the force behind him causes a small crater to form as he charges toward Ja'kay and Theontos.

On the material plane

The absorbtion of the magic in the world is very evident. While not dying, plants begin to wither. The leolf leader is out of breath from the simplest tasks and his sword now eminates the sound of a single man howling in agony.
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-06-06 at 02:30 PM.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Lord Volta, the living paradox
    "When you kill me?"
    Volta laughed.
    "You and your grandeur. If you kill me. Which you won't. You pretty much can't. Not out here. This is my domain now, the dark! You're like a fish out of the water here! Or to give you a reversed comparison, you might as well be fighting Neptune under water. In the centre of the sun, there you might be able to beat me, but not here, Lord Sun, not here"

Volta teleported out of the ring of fire.

"Love is a burnin' thing,
    And it makes a fiery ring
    Bound by wild desire --
    I fell into a ring of fire"
    Volta chanted mockingly as he drew the icy cold axe with his flesh hand.

"Perhaps you'd prefer Ice, Ice Baby?"
    A wicked smile graced his face, even as the burning ring returned.
    Volta laughed some more.
    "I didn't want to do this, Sun. I wanted us to be good ol' friends. Guess I'll just have to-"

Suddenly Vraikul appeared out of the black. Volta looked surprised.
    "You? Here? You were supposed to stand with Theontos! Oh, blast, the balance... my precious balance. No matter, you finish this"

Volta tossed Vraikul the icy axe and teleported out again.

"Remember, you are each others exact opposites, cold and heat, light and darkness, but this is dark domain. There is no contest here, Vraikul. Just don't follow him out if he flees, that big coward"

Lord Volta and Lord Strex
    Volta appeared in the cherrygrove again, right in front of Strex, his fiery axe pointed at the charging god's face.
    "Tsk, tsk. You've been bad, Strex. You've been sucking the world like a big ol' lolly pop, until there's nothing left but the Styx. Now, I can't have that, as where there is destruction, there need be life. You let Theontos handle Ja'Kay, I'll handle you"
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-06-06 at 02:39 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Vraikul

Vraikul caught the axe in one of his hands, and his eyes stared at his thousands of empty hands and prehensile feet. He reached deep inside of his own body, and pulled out hundreds of different weapons, all forged of Obsidion. His excess hands began twisting and turning with the motions of spells, as he began to cast dozens of different spells at once. I never liked you, and your self induced ignorance will be your undoing, you self righteous fool And with that a dozen spells went off at once, and he was still casting. In the moment he cast, a cage of force opened up around the god, and hundreds of shadowy knives appeared out of the inside walls, stabbing in, three different shadowy balls of energy, and three more of cold, launched themselves at Lord Sun, and two magical blades appeared next to him and began attacking him. The remaining two spells were non offensive, one encased Vraikul in black obsidion armor, and the other had no visible effect... but perhaps that was the point.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Barbarian in the Playground

Theontos is still using illusions to create a displacement effect. Ja'kay just hits the ground.

Enough of this. My realm is not a playground and it shouldn't not be a battle field. You have attacked me, you have destroyed souls, you have taken the souls of your own followers to fight with. Well enough is enough, The True Face of Death is required to fix is and so I will.

Theontos reaches up and pulls his hood off. Revealing a pair of Purplis-black eyes flouting in a small sphere of the Void. His scythe no longer glows any color, just the eye hurting aura of the Void.

Now you foolish god, you will die, and with your passing I use the from it to get rid of the other soul thief.

Theontos swinging his scythe at Ja'kay so fast it looks like a a blur of Void.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

(Lets agree to a short term story arc in order to make more sense out of all this chaos.)

(I propose that we combine Lord Sun's and Stellerex'es powers to see through the darkness. How do players want this battle to end?)

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

(I propose Lord Sun dies horribly, because he left and I was killing him a hundred different ways... horribly)

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Strex flies towards Theontos and Ja'kay. Rage in his eyes.

A few years back

Uldupan 17, 114 A.C.
    "I've been closely studying the anomaly known as "dark mana". Studies indicate that once too much mana is gathered from one spot, blackened mana starts being drawn. While 3 times more powerful than normal, the effects on the body and mind are dire. Prolonged or intense exposure has shown to cause severe burns and mental instability. Dark mana is characterized by is visible black color and tendancy to damage the earth in the area in which it is used. No subject so far has been resistant to its effects. All 463 have had to be put down."
    -Journal of Sug'Hydrym, Spellwolf Researcher

Back to the battle.

Strex's crystal now encases most of his body, radiating intense black flames. Die Die Die!!! He blows straight past Theontos and drives his huge claw right into the chest of Ja'kay, pushing him far back and pinning him to the inside of the shield. Ja'kay's body begins the shrivel as his power is drained out of him.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The death of Lord Sun did not have the normal consequences of a god's death. The slayer of the Tyrant did not inherit his full power, in fact, by hereditary decree, Lord Sun had invested part of his power into an heir. Stellerex is the son of the Sun Lord. Suddenly, Stellerex felt power increase within him. (Rulership added to my portfolio. If you want you can have the sun portfolio, but that would'n't make sense.)

18. - Top - End - #258

Theontos's power with Lord Sun death doubles and to finish the job he quickly teleports to Lord Sun's body and reaps his soul. Then he turns back to Ja'kay ands sees his death. He quickly reaps Ja'kay soul. Theontos is now turns to Strex.

Well it looks like someone has gone out of their mind a little. Well I have killed enough for to day. Got to save some for later. But YOU WILL RETURN THE SOULS. AND RIGHT NOW I HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE YOU DO IT!!

Theontos does something odd with his scythe. He isn't cutting at Strex but at the crystal. Cutting it away in a blur. Leaving Strex with none of it left attached to him.

Now begone!
    Last edited by D_Lord; 2008-06-07 at 12:53 AM.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

The crystals and Strex crumble into a red dust and swirl around Theontos. Well well, looks like someone's had their feathers ruffled. Theres no way I'd let Ja'kay's power fall into your hands. The dust slowly dissolves away along with Strex's remaining towers.

A pile of bones and dust lies covered in Ja'kays clothing.
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-06-07 at 12:59 AM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

The Turogzil in their village look up to the night sky and see a large flash of light that illuminates the sky for a few minutes before fading. For ten minutes or so they talk to each other about the strange event and return to their work.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Volta, the god of equality
    Volta smiled once more, still in the cherry grove. He could sense not the death of one god, but the death of two gods. The death of gods he did not mind dying, at that. In fact, the end of Lord Sun was a relief. Lord Sun had thought himself higher than the others, and that just didn't seem balanced to Lord Volta. Besides, now that there was only one god of light left, Volta could drop the domain he had uptaken, that of darkness.

Volta muffled up his shadowy cloak and swallowed it whole. He converted the darkness within him to a simple powerboost, more strength to the paradox, and less to the black.

Then Volta reappeared in space, before Vraikul and Lord Sun's remains.

"Good job, Vraikul. Very well done. I'm glad to see he didn't run. His death has forced me to drop the domain of darkness though, but I'm sure you don't mind being the only one again"

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Vraikul

Vraikul nods as he picks up the gods remains, intent to use them for his own purposes. He looks to Volta Indeed, all is well again I suppose. Remember, you will always have this darkness inside you, it is part of you, part of your essence now. It will always be with you.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Volta, parallel of the unparalleled
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Vraikul

Vraikul nods as he picks up the gods remains, intent to use them for his own purposes. He looks to Volta Indeed, all is well again I suppose. Remember, you will always have this darkness inside you, it is part of you, part of your essence now. It will always be with you.
    "Oh, but that is no problem. I will simply balance it then. Some darkness, some light. No, no problem at all. What say we shake hands then, god of the dark? What say we shake hands on our victory, and the future reign of your creatures over these worlds?"

Volta extended his hand towards Vraikul. The flesh one.

24. - Top - End - #264

As the crystals crumble the souls get released. Theontos puts his hood back on.

Good. It is at last time for newing. Life needs to bounce back from this. For I'll have nothing left to reap in a few hundred years.

Turning to the souls of Lord Sun and Ja'kay.
    Foolish ones. But now it's over. Come, you in your own way righted to do what is right. And as you were gods there is only one place for you.
    Theontos cuts into the air. A portal glowing with Wonderful Light with the sounds of perfect music can be heard through it.
    You are one of the few that leave my Cherry Fields and into a place far better. Goodbye.
    The souls of the Gods pass through the portal and it closes. Theontos turns to the Cherry Fields.
    Now for some rebuilding of my own.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Vraikul

Vraikul extends an arm that appears out of his skin toward the paradox god.

(OOC: I didn't think Gods had souls...)

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Volta and Vraikul
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Vraikul

Vraikul extends an arm that appears out of his skin toward the paradox god.

(OOC: I didn't think Gods had souls...)
    As their hands touch Vraikul can feel knowledge streaming into him. Knowledge that will protect his people and whoever else he chooses from the plague.

"I am a man of my word, Vraikul" Volta said.
    "The balance has been restored almost completely now. Just one more thing to take care of. I hope we may work together again in the future. You may keep the icy axe as a gift if you please"

Volta teleported out, only to appear somewhere else.

Volta and Stellerex
    "Hello there, god of life and light. I don't believe we've met yet. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Lord Volta. I am responsible for keeping the balance in this universe. I also created Urth with these very hands"

Volta showed Stellerex his hands, one flesh and one Obsidion. The remains of the darkness had settled in his Obsidion claw.

"As you may know, I was temporarily a god of darkness. To balance it's remains, I would like a bit of light in me. Only a small bit. An everlasting core, as much light as there is darkness in me"

Volta reached Stellerex his Obsidion claw.
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-06-07 at 10:40 AM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Vraikul

Vraikul carefully recorded the knowledge in his many grimoires, and then spread the knowledge to the Xama, and secretly spread it to the Leolf.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MrEdwardNigma View Post
    Volta and Vraikul

As their hands touch Vraikul can feel knowledge streaming into him. Knowledge that will protect his people and whoever else he chooses from the plague.

"I am a man of my word, Vraikul" Volta said.
    "The balance has been restored almost completely now. Just one more thing to take care of. I hope we may work together again in the future. You may keep the icy axe as a gift if you please"

Volta teleported out, only to appear somewhere else.

Volta and Stellerex
    "Hello there, god of life and light. I don't believe we've met yet. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Lord Volta. I am responsible for keeping the balance in this universe. I also created Urth with these very hands"

Volta showed Stellerex his hands, one flesh and one Obsidion. The remains of the darkness had settled in his Obsidion claw.

"As you may know, I was temporarily a god of darkness. To balance it's remains, I would like a bit of light in me. Only a small bit. An everlasting core, as much light as there is darkness in me"

"As you wish. My father is into a better world than he would have made. Therefore I shall grant your request."
    Volta reached Stellerex his Obsidion claw.
    "As you wish. My father is into a better world than he would have made. Therefore I shall grant your request."

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Volta and Stellerex
    Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    "Thank you" laughed Volta, the light surging through his veins. It settled in the middle of his Obsidion claw, in the form of a small, bright yellow crystal.
    "Thank you" he said again, as he let go of Stellerex' hand and teleported out, onto Urth.

Volta and the people of the ocean
    "Too much destruction has been done. Some creation should balance it out. Creation that is immune to the plague, off course. We want the balance to be kept, after all"

Again Lord Volta's hands delved into the water of the oceans, but this time they did not create the dark Gatherers, guardians of Fair Black, dormant in their cave. No, this time Lord Volta moulded a people that was to live under water, a peaceful people that valued isolation and knowledge above all. Their bodies were made out of a jelly like substance, as if they were nothing more than thick water. They could swim right through nets as the material world was of no matter to them. They would fill their days with philosophy and deep thoughts, hidden below the sea. Volta smiled as he saw their forms sink to the deep and he teleported out.

Volta and the people of the earth
    "Off course, nothing should be withotu a counterpart, not even my oceanpeople, the Ora. Thus I will create the Aro, creatures of intense heat and emotion over thought"

Somewhere, deep beneath the crust of the earth, Volta moulded a second people out of the firey core of Urth. Only they would not stay where they were created. They were a warring people, valueing expansion and strength above all. Their bodies were made out of solid rock, infused with the hottest of fires. They could crush other creatures with their fists and scorch the earth with their breath alone. They would fill their days with war and battle, always expanding their territory. Volta smiled as he saw them commence the digging, their rise to the surface.