New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Fears of Pegasus Manor-game thread-Night 2

((*cracks his neck* It's good to be back.

Skedoosh.))

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

2 hour warning, my friends. 2 hour warning.

3. - Top - End - #243

Chapter 3:
    Spoiler
    Show

That thing, whatever it was, slipped back out of Gabrielle’s mind. She shuddered, she felt disgusting all of a sudden.

How sweet…

Gabrielle fell to her hands and knees, gagging for a moment from the feeling of having…whatever that was…slithering around in her mind. She fought down the rising gorge, but only just.

Why…why are you doing this?

Oh, right to the point! Simple, my dear, we can.

The presence seemed to vanish, Gabrielle felt alone in the room. This time she didn’t wait, she threw open the door. It opened onto a long hallway. It was almost pitch black, but this time there was something she could do about that; old candle holders lined the wall. With a glance, the first few sprang to life, casting back the darkness, if only just a bit. Shadows started to dance on the walls as the little flames wavered in the air.

…welcome…

Gabrielle looked over her shoulder as the whisper touched the edge of her hearing. There was a new presence here, different from the one before. She took a few tentative steps down the hallway, lighting the candles as she went.

...I can smell it…

She stopped again, it was closer, whatever it was. She looked around again, still seeing nothing.

…you can’t hide it from us…

Hide what? The thought crossed her mind. Fear started to rise in her and realization hit.

…this…

Gabrielle found her mind invaded again. This time it was different, it sliced through her head, cutting out what it wanted. The pain drove her to lean against the wall for support, but it wasn’t over yet. It pulled out a memory from deep inside her mental vault, one she tried to keep buried. Flashes of pain, shame, and torment drove her down along the wall until she was sitting on the floor, clutching her head.

…I think I hit a nerve…

The new presence vanished, just as the other one had, leaving Gabrielle alone in the shifting darkness.

Night 2 ends

It was a dark night, darker even than a totally moonless night. Sleep comes only to a few as others still wander the halls, looking for fresh prey.

The Kitchen: A faint rattling awakes those sleeping in the kitchen. Someone is moving about, and making a bit of a ruckus doing so. You wake to see someone wandering about the kitchen, gathering up ingredients and pots and pans and the like. You don’t recognize them, and they don’t respond to any attempts to get their attention. You can only watch as they go about their business, completely oblivious to you.

But, as they try to pick up a nearby knife, the knife seems to come alive. It dances about the countertop, actually stabbing at the person as they try desperately to avoid the lethal blade…then a nearby fork joins the attack…and a pan actually comes alive and bludgeons them over the head, driving them to the floor. Screams fill your ears as the other kitchen utensils fall upon them, stabbing and slashing. In the end, all that is left is a fresh pool of blood…

The Garden: Sleep is also elusive for those in the Garden. Whatever spirit is inhabiting the place keeps flitting about, almost angrily, though it seems to ignore the people attempting to sleep, seeming more concerned with getting into the Manor itself.

A door opens, leading to a part of the Manor that you don’t believe has been explored before.

Basement: A voice rings out in the darkness, different than those you’ve heard before, but still familiar.

Help us…

Free us…

Attempting to place the source of the voices proves fruitless, there are simply too many corridors to explore, too many ways to get lost in the inky black darkness. The constant sounds of something skittering across the floor don’t help matters any…

Servant’s Quarters: After the events of the prior night, you had started to think that it couldn’t possibly get any worse…

…you were wrong.

You can make out a shape wandering about in the darkness, watching you, sizing you up, measuring you. Exactly what it wants, you have no idea, but it can’t be good for your well-being. One of you rises to confront it, it turns to glare at them, revealing eyes that glow with a lurid yellow light. You look into those eyes, and the whole room seems to disappear. Well, not disappear, just change.

The room is filled with people: you recognize at least one of them, the young man from the night prior. They are trapped in varying degrees of torment: the young man is pinned to the ground, you can see the tips of the knives and glass shards sticking through his body. He struggles vainly to try and lift himself away from them, but only manages to cause himself more pain. A woman is literally trapped in the wall, she screams her torment whenever you get too close. You can see that in places the wall has grown through parts of her body. The menagerie of horrors never seems to end until you awaken in the morning, surrounded by your fellows in torture.

Master Bedroom: The night begins peacefully enough, but just as you are about to fall asleep, you are awakened by tortured screams. You quickly place the source as the large closet nearby. The screams continue, horrible, blood-chilling screams of agony, as the bravest among you opens the closet door.

There, lying crumpled in the corner, is the corpse of a young woman. She has literally been carved to pieces, small bits of flesh and tissue lie scattered all about and blood is splattered liberally along the walls. But the worst was yet to begin. One among you approaches the body and it springs to life, continuing the tortured screaming and reaching towards you with disfigured hands.

That’s when day breaks, and everything is as you left it. You check the closet, and only find an aged blood stain on the floor.

Main Room: Something new is stirring in the main room, though no one notices it. No one except one: Yspoch. The beings don’t speak, don’t gloat, they just pounce with a feral hunger. He feels nothing, senses nothing, until the Fears are already upon him, tearing at his mind and essence with a ravenous hunger.

It’s over all too quickly, he dies without a sound, without so much as a whimper. A dried husk is left behind, a horrible reminder of what could happen to anyone here, should you fail.

Yspoch has discovered that sometimes death comes like a beast in the night. He was Victim.

Daylight breaks, though even the light of the sun itself seems subdued by the darkness of the Manor. There’s no voice this time, no gloating, the morning comes in total silence. But, inside, you know what you must do. You must choose someone to sacrifice to the fell power that is contained here. You can only hope that you choose wisely.

Day 3 begins

Summary: Yspoch was consumed by the Fears. He was a Victim. Day 3 begins now and ends in 48 hours at 7 pm (GMT -5) on June 10th.

Up for autolynch:
    Mordokai
    Bushranger
    Malmagor Androgial
    Demonic Angel
    Shades of Grey
    Banjo1985
    Lord Fullbladder
    Dallas-dakota
    GAThraawn

A few questions I have been asked that I will answer now:

Death Scenes: If anyone wants to write their own death scene, let me know. I’d be more than happy to let anyone write their own if they are so inclined.

Fears: The Fears are blind. The only information available is to the Master, and all the Master knows is how many Fears there are and whom they have voted for.

If anyone has any other questions, let me know and I will answer them to the best of my ability
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2008-06-08 at 07:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Uh, that was nasty." Eric shudders at the memory of the night's latest horror. "I have a pan I brought with me, anyone want me to cook breakfast in it, instead of the utensils that were here?"
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2008-06-08 at 07:07 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245

Default Re: The Fears of Pegasus Manor-game thread-Day 3

((Gone for the next two days. Making a random point now.))
    Martin wakes up with a purpose. He grabs his grandfather's journals, and – bumping into Higgs (Lord Fullbladder) in his haste – heads towards the library…
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

6. - Top - End - #246

Gah! Forgot a question:

Night kill vote: The Fears can vote for themselves for the night kill in order to reveal themselves to the Master. I decided to allow this because A) there's no guarantee that the kill would go through, and B) they would have to give up a night kill in order to do this.
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2008-06-08 at 07:19 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

*avoids autolynch by pointing at Fullbladder*

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #248

((The_Rogue_Monk is suspicious, and with no time to RP, points at Aemoh.
    I promise I'll role play my heart out as soon as I have time...))
    silver

9. - Top - End - #249
    Orc in the Playground

Post Re: The Fears of Pegasus Manor-game thread-Day 3

Hmmmm Fullbladder, are you active?
    Last edited by Zombie pixe; 2008-06-09 at 01:13 PM.
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

A door opens, leading to a part of the Manor that you don’t believe has been explored before.
    ((I can't figure out an IC reason to search it so I'll do it OOC. :P))
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Halden makes a desperate point at Fullbladder to save himself from autolynch.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

DemonicAngel

Post will be edited and point incorporated in the roleplaying. This is just to avoid autolynch.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Zombie Pixie, if he think he really isn't active you shouldn't vote him.

14. - Top - End - #254

The old hobo in rags remains quiet in a corner of the basement, muttering to himself.

((ooc point at Zombie pixie, for trying to make a bandwagon out of a point to avouid auytolynch. And yes, i'm aware this can also be considered as a point to avoid autolynch ))

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

15. - Top - End - #255
    Pixie in the Playground

*points back at The_Rogue_Monk*

*shrugs*

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Barbarian in the Playground

Point at Mordokai. will add RP after he adds his.

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

17. - Top - End - #257

Guessing that the fears can normally only strike at night, Eric makes his way to the ballroom. Looking at the broken chandalir, Eric smiles. He takes out a screwdriver and starts fixing it.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

Post Re: The Fears of Pegasus Manor-game thread-Day 3

Wonderful, Then Emperor Demonking, who should i point at?
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Julian didn't like the way things were going on in this manor. As if the worrying over Casey and baby wasn't enought, all the noises and and things going on didn't do much to help him sleep. Tonight was especially colorful. If things would continue this way, he wouldn't have to worry about fears killing him. The lack of sleep would do it for them.

Getting up in the morning, he looks over to Casey's bed. Everything seems to be in order, as she is breathing deeply, indicating she is still sleeping. From the looks of it, that sandwich from yesterday wasn't as lethal as he thought it would be. Smiling to himself, he decides it would be best to let her sleep while she could. It would probably do her good. Getting up and out of the room, he heads for one room he wants to visit today.

On his way there, he passes the main room, people already gathering over the last victim of the fears. Coming closer, he spots the man that died. Deciding he would do something about it, since he is already on the way, he picks his body up and weights it over his shoulders.

"If anybody will be looking for him, you know where to find him."

Slowly heading out of the main room, additional weight pulling him down, he heads for the room where all the bodies of victims are collected. Coming there in a few minutes, he puts the body down, next to the others. Picking himself up, he slowly turns his head towards the body in the far corner of the room, covered with white sheet. Heading over to it, he kneels down and pulls the sheet up, showing Marian's face, now looking peaceful.

Try as he might, he cannot stay stoic at this sight. As the memories come back to him, he bows his head, closing his eyes while doing so. He remembers her laughter, her eyes filled with tears, her face stained with his own blood, her hair flowing around in the wind... once again their night together. He never was one to believe in romance and similar things, but his time spent with Marian was something that made him believe that perhaps, just perhaps, such goals were worth pursuing. She made his life complicated... but also better, that much he knew now.

"I miss you Marian. If only there was a way to get you back..."

Dropping the sheet back over her face, he heads out of the room and back to servant quarters, checking if Casey woke up already. Seeing she is still sleeping, he decides that would probably be a smart course of action, gets into the bed and is soon sleeping himself.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

20. - Top - End - #260

about 24 hours left in the day phase. get those points in!

10/31 votes in:

Demonic Angel: 1
    Lord Fullbladder: 3
    Zombie Pixe: 2
    Rogue Monk: 1
    Aemoh: 1
    Mordokai: 1
    Emperor Demonking: 1

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Fears of Pegasus Manor-game thread-Day 2

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicAngel View Post
    "This our dark times... we must face our deepest fears... or they will slaughter us all. but first... let us survive the night.
    in a lighter note... I trust there will be a few more... accidents tonight.."
    a gives Kailassa a wink and smiles to her.
    "tomorrow, we will need to check this place for a few other things... we must uncover the mystery of this foul manor... before it becomes our crypt."
    Kailassa merely gives the man a smile, shuddering slightly as she wraps the jacket around herself and mutters softly "Not much for sweet talking are you? Yes yes... we all know that life sucks and death is the worst... but do we have to dwell on it? Any grey hairs I get I'ma blame you for..."

She sighs a bit, curling up to one side, near the fireplace, drawing her knees up to her chest and tries to curl down into as small a ball as possible, shivering.

In the middle of the night, when the phantasm or WHATEVER it was got attacked by cuttery, Kailassa shrieked out in terror and crawled back into the furtherst corner, upending a table and building a childish 'chair-fort' to try and keep the cuttlery away, shuddering and shivering. Once the attack ended, she refused to come out, and looked suspiciously at anyone who tried to invade her fort, though didn't go so far as to attack them herself.

Once morning eventually arrives, she eventually emerges from behind her little hidey-hole and glares around the room.

"What... what WAS that... and make it go away!" she stomped her foot, ". . . please?"

((Random point at Alerra!))
    Last edited by FujinAkari; 2008-06-10 at 03:00 AM.
    Official Incense Aroma Specialist for the Vaarsuvius Fan Club!

English isn't my primary language, so please let me know if something I'm saying doesn't make sense!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Thank you, FujinAkari.
    Continuation of ThePhantasm's awesometacular post

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Bryan gets up after another near sleepless night. It's clear the lack of sleep is taking its toll on him as one can tell just from looking at him, if not from the fact that he no longer carries his backpack and camera with him from room to room. Going to the library, he checks and sees the Charismatic Magician hard at work. Deciding he'd probably be able to study better without a shadow hanging over his shoulder, Bryan heads out to the kitchen. Distantly he can hear the prayers of the priest (GAThraawn).

Listening to the talk about the happenings at the manor, Bryan remains fairly silent and morbid until he hears about the garden. Getting an idea, he grabs a jar and heads to stake out the garden until the spirit shows up.

((The firefly-type spirit thing has been mentioned twice now. It may just be flavor, but I'm going to try and help it get into the manor. Right now all I can think to do is open the doors when it appears or try and catch it in a jar and bring it inside. It might not work, but we'll just see what happens.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

23. - Top - End - #263

With each scream of the tortured "ghosts" Benjamin felt his heart breaking into pieces, until he nearly screamed in sadness and frustration. When morning came, he lay face down on his bed—pretending to have fallen back asleep.

Thoughts tumbled through his exhausted mind: images of Angelica, his wife, on their wedding day, when their first child had been born, and when he first had seen the divorce papers. Mentioning her to Kailassa yesterday had reopened the wound that had pained him for the past two years, the wound that he had almost made his peace with before arriving here.

She had said that it wasn't because she hated him, she still loved him very much, but because she couldn't stand his selfishness. And in the weeks alone, he had dwelt on that; spending his lonely evenings looking back on every conversation they had had since their marriage, every fight.
    And he realized she was right. Slowly, it took time for him to admit his fault, but he slowly began to notice it himself: to notice how he always wanted the best for himself, how he would try and eke every extra Pound of fare from his passengers, how he was reluctant to share his best even with his friends.

And so he changed. It wouldn't bring Angelica back, but it would stop her from happening ever again; stop anymore of his friends from leaving him.

And now here he was, lying in bed pretending to sleep, while Kailassa screamed and trembled. With a sigh, he rolls himself from the bed and moves cautiously over towards Kailassa. "It's gone now, relax. They're gone for now, but we should all rest while we can—they'll be back tonight."
    silver

24. - Top - End - #264
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

*points at Mordokai*

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

25. - Top - End - #265

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

*causeless retaliation point at Bushranger*

I don't wanna RP right now. I got nothin'. I'll RP later.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

26. - Top - End - #266

"Finished at last." Eric straightens up, the chandalir back to a usable state. "Oh, my back. That took a while." Eric takes out a rope, tying one end to the chandalir. "Anyone want to give me a hand putting this thing back up? Where's that dude, what was his name? Zombie Pixe,he looked like he could lend me a hand."

27. - Top - End - #267

hum. Fullbladder.
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

28. - Top - End - #268

*point at Murska*
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

*changes her point to Fullbladder for not being willing to Roleplay... Freshmeat_, be careful!*
    Official Incense Aroma Specialist for the Vaarsuvius Fan Club!

English isn't my primary language, so please let me know if something I'm saying doesn't make sense!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Thank you, FujinAkari.
    Continuation of ThePhantasm's awesometacular post

30. - Top - End - #270

The priest pocketed his bible and pulled the sheet back up over the corpse’s head, his final ministrations complete. Such a tragedy. If only they had been stronger; if only she had been stronger. The demon in this place would not rest: he could feel its malevolence and its hunger. It would only continue to prey on the weak and the feeble-spirited, spreading its unworldly corruption unless it was stopped, and soon.

He gathered together his things, and headed towards the unexplored parts of the mansion, pausing briefly outside the entry to the servant’s quarters. That young man (Mordokai) had been visibly shaken by Marian’s passing...he could only assume that he had preyed on the girl’s weakness, as he had always known someone would. It was the nature of those who had not found their own strength of spirit to rely on others, feeding off each other in a dual parasitism that could only lead to their destruction. And now, Marian’s body barely even cold, there he was, lying in bed with another attractive young thing, holding her as though she were more than just an idle distraction to turn his thoughts from his current predicament and his pathetic, parasitic existence.
    If I had any pity left in me for her, I would rouse her now and warn her against ever going near him again, but I’m sure she knows all too well what he is. And I cannot be held responsible for those who will not reign in their animalistic desires for flesh and carnal pleasure even to preserve their own sanctity.
    Scowling down his beaked nose like an owl, the priest continues on into the bowls of Pegasus Mansion.