Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Planar Olympics (IC)

Cac-kt

Spoiler
    Show
    will - (1d20+11)[30]
    grapple - (1d20+2)[13]
    jump - (1d20+58)[76]

If, at any point, the halfling woman escapes, Cac-kt stops to make sure she's uninjured.

Shuddering slightly as his limbs try and lock up, Cac-kt once again, tries to flee, holding his sheild in front of him, and the halflings between him and the sheild, being careful not to bump them around too much, and looks around for a safe place to hide.
    Last edited by SoD; 2008-06-17 at 05:26 AM.
    For the last time, it stands for Shadow of Darkness!

Thankin' Nevitan fer me babytar!

Kasaad Shadowweb-Chitine Paladin of Freedom (now a clickable link!).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt
    SoD is my favorite too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    SoD casts Pun
    SoD's Pun crits TigerHunter for 10k.
    TigerHunter dies.

Genderbender week comin' up! SoDess by Bisected8 *applause*

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hallia

(1d20+1)[7]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    I wonder if, when the comic eventually ends, people on the boards will continue for several years to say that it's not actually over yet...

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Leosera

Spoiler
    Show
    In that case I'm going to continue browsing in the same manner before smiling and moving on.
    I got no idea what I'm going to do now, just meander about until something happens.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

* post roll count doesn't match database

My Homebrew.

Master Ref Of the Arena Tournament!
    Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena Combatants: | Dense | Mad Al | Twang | De'Athbypro Xie

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Cac-kt

''Don't worry, fleshlings, we'll wait them out.'' Cac-kt says, trying to reasure the halfling woman, before waving his free hand, and his chitinous skin begins changing colour, to match his surroundings. He looks around for a safe hiding spot, and, if he sees one, he quickly moves in there, before giving the halflings a quick investigation to make sure they're not hurt.

Spoiler
    Show
    [grapple]1d20+2[/grapple]
    Cast chameleon.
    hide - (1d20+26)[30]

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Alexis

Maybe it was the recognition of her skill, or just her cruel streak, but Alexis smiles as she dunks the man the second time. Hearing the suggestion, she replies, "I guess I will. I need to train anyway, could you point me to where it is?"

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Alexis
    "Just head back toward the south gate, then take a right up the Western Bulivard until you're about half past the central plaza. It'll be to your right."

Cac-kt
    (Sorry, your lattest post(#35) was invalidated by the reporcusions of post #31)
    For a very brief moment your muscles freeze, and then you are free. It's a brief moment, but just enough for the halfling woman to escape your grasp. She scrambles a few feet away and screams up at at the sky: "HELP! MY PRECIOUS DARLINGS!"

A feathery humanoid flying 20 ft above the buildings (45 ft above the ground) has been steadily gaining on you and is now almost directly overhead. "I REPEAT" It clearly replies from the sky "IN THE NAME OF THE LAW RELEASE THE HALFLINGS!" (DC 15 will if you try to disobey)

Reesh
    The guards direct you to the side out of the way of traffic while you all await the apprehension of the kidnapper. The seconds tick slowly past one guard turns to you and says: "You're being charged with Disruption of the Peace, plus the possibility of your opponent filing for damages inflicted against it." *pause* "I'm begging to wonder if it's going voluntarily to return to press charges. So... if they aren't back in another minute or so it will just be a 5 gp fine, or else you can accompany me to the magistrate to either pled for a reduction or press your own charges."

Leosera
    You continue to mosey down the narrow street that seems dedicated primarily to Official Fair nicknacks. You pass examples of glass work, wood-carvings, woven tapestries, jewelry, and a portrait-while-you-wait by the time you reach the second cross street, 2/3 of the way down the street. There is a bit of a commotion up ahead. It's a touch too noisy to hear details over the crowd at this distance.

Hallia
    The theif's face falls as a bite of 'his' mango disappears. "Aw forget it" he says in disgust.

From across the street however a voice laughs: "You were going to trade a mango to a known criminal?" A gnome replies. "Why, I could tell you that myself! Why, for just two gold I could even give you a map to go with those instructions!" He says waving a piece of parchment.

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hallia

"You have a deal".
    Stuffing the manure in the convict's mouth and holding his nose until he swallows it,I take the map and give the dwarf the gold, then ask "So what IS the Obstacle Tower?"
    Last edited by curtis; 2008-06-20 at 10:18 AM.
    I wonder if, when the comic eventually ends, people on the boards will continue for several years to say that it's not actually over yet...

9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground

Press charges....o' course I'm gonna press charges! He attacked me first!

Spoiler
    Show
    I am looking for a viable escape route. A crowd or a nearby fruit stand or something. It would be easir for all parties if I mysteriously dissappeared.

spot: (1d20+15)[26]

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Cac-kt

Cac-kt goes to grab the halfling woman, before deciding against it. He walks out before looking up at the winged person.

''Am I in trouble? I was merely trying to talk with these fleshlings.'' He walks out and stands tall, bleeding from several injuries, and holds the halfling children up for the winged guy to see. ''They are all unharmed, as you can see. We were just talking.''

Spoiler
    Show
    will - (1d20+11)[27]

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Alexis, Leosera: See previous adventure update

Hallia:
    The gnome examines his map for a moment before fishing out a bit of chalk and making a mark. "Thanky, now you just head, ah, that a-way and take a left down Western Avenue until you reach The Central Plaza, and then progress down North Face until you reach the tower." With that he tosses you the map and heads off into the crowd. The map, titled "Official Fair Ground Proper Map: 5sp" is water damaged, but still mostly legible (DC 15 Decipher Script). The streets and chalk-mark are easy to see however. ((Map Drafting in progress, but isn't coming this weekend))

Cac-kt:
    Location: A back alleyway ordinarily closed to fair-goers. A couple of inquisitive folks are trickling through other side-streets to see what happened.

"My Children!" The woman shrieks.

"Yes, you are in trouble! ...although not in quite as much as if you had hurt the halfings. Now, set the children down and come with me. You are being charged with disruption of the peace, forceful abduction, as well as any charges the other halfings may wish to claim. And, *sigh* you may claim any grievances yourself if you wish. I repeat: gently place those kids on the ground and slowly come over here."
    In the background the woman continues to shriek. With a deeper sigh the winged being addresser her: "Woman, you're safe now: please calm down. Screaming won't accomplish anything accept disrupt the peace even more."

Reesh:
    "Fine, we can leave now or wait: your choice." One guard says.

You're standing with your back to a single story building with a guard on either side of you. There is a narrow ally-way 30 ft to your right. There are a few broad thin windows above you. There are also people all around, including a dense flowing crowed 10 ft in front of you and a water-skin vender 20 ft to your left.
    Last edited by Psionic Dog; 2008-06-27 at 08:01 PM.

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Alexis

Alexis and her pet head towards the Shooting Gallery. Archery wasn't her best skill, but she needed to practice none the less.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

13. - Top - End - #43

DwarfClericGuy

Leosera

"?" Leosera curiously approaches the commotion, standing tall to try to peek over the crowds. Moving through the peoples now, gently pushing his way through, slipping in between and stepping around smaller creatures he's never seen before until he comes to the front, all the while being polite. "Excuse me, I'm sorry, pardon." streaming forth as he hopes not to offend any of the questionable looking fair goers or hit them with his Lance as it hangs horizontally around the back of his waist.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm only assuming this is the commotion around my fellow players. What do I see?

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hallia

I'll pocket the map, then head, ah, that a-way and take a left down Western Avenue until I reach The Central Plaza, and then progress down North Face until I reach the tower.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallia:
    Random Delay Check - (1d100)[37] (1-5 big delay, 6-20 minor delay)
    After worming your way through the flowing crowds you soon find NorthFace, named because it boarders an open space 125 yards wide and 300 long that could only be Central Plaza. 2/3 of the way down the length of it you find a temporary looking structure half building, half tent that is 3 stories tall. A sign proclaims:
    Henry's Obstacle Tower: Fame at the Top!
    Try for 4sp or view for 2cp!
    Grand Prizes: Free Attendance or Participation at Olympic Trial Obstacle Courses plus commemorative dart.
    Standard Prize: Dart only.
    Grand prize awarded for reaching top within 30 seconds, standard for completing course in 50 seconds. Limit one prize per individual. Maximum 2 tries allowed to achieve grand prize. Viewing limited to two attempts per purchase.
    A line for both viewing and competing stands by the door.

Alexis:
    Random Delay Check - (1d100)[51] (1-5 bid delay, 6-20 minor delay)
    It's a little slow going, with the crowds, your pet, and yet more curious tourists but before long you find a fancy tent where promised by a massive open plaza. A sign is posted between double entrances, both of which have lines.
    Zigly's Animated Shooting Gallery
    Try for 4sp or view for 2cp!
    Grand Prizes: Free Attendance or Participation at Olympic Trial Archery Enents plus commemorative dart.
    Standard Prize: Dart only.
    Grand prize awarded for hitting all 4 targets in time allowed, standard hitting 3. Limit one prize per individual. Maximum 2 tries allowed to achieve grand prize. Viewing limited to two attempts per purchase.

Leosera:
    "Did you see? Did you See? A giant child eating grasshopper! An Angel! A shapeshifting criminal with hostages fleeing arrest! Two rampaging Dragons! Did you see? Did you hear?" The rumors flow thick in the crowed that formed to stare skyward and spread gossip. A few extra inquisitive ones try to work there way around the shops and venues to see for themselves what is happening. Most people are intercepted by vendors defending private areas or armed with sales pitches, but a few people apparently have gotten past and fed their interpretations to the garbling gossip telephone chain.

Make a hide/diplomacy/bluff/disguise check (or checks) and name a plan if you want to try to get a first hand view other spells/checks may also be accepted if the logic is sound.
    Last edited by Psionic Dog; 2008-07-02 at 06:01 PM.

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Cac-kt

Cac-kt, feeling slightly confused and wronged, not to mention sore from his wounds, puts the halflings down, and pats Flounder on the head, before talking to Winged Guy.

''Disruption of the peace? Forceful abduction? But I didn't do either of those. How can I be charged with them?"

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hallia

I join the queue, paying 4cp when I get to the front.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Cac-kt
    "You were part of a fight. You forcefully carried of a group of halflings without their consent. You can argue details and technicalities before the magistrate." A few more inquisitive bodies start to appear in the back alley. The creature looks at them and extends a wing. "Now, give me your hand and lets go see the magistrate. At the least you could probably use some complimentary instruction in local rules and customs anyway." At the point where it's wings fold this creature has a humanoids hand.

Hallia
    See PM

Everyone else: I'm requesting at least 2 posts a week.
    My lax posting policy is as follows:
    1 missed week: Nothing happens. Real Life happens, I understand.
    2 missed weeks(without warning): I start NPCing until you reappear. Inconvenient stuff may happen.
    3 missed weeks: More NPCing. Bad stuff might occur. I'll start PMing reminders.
    4+ missed weeks: Very bad stuff starts to happen to illustrate any danger you companions face. Possible spontaneous character death.

"I whistle tonelessly" is an acceptable post. It lets me know you haven't forgotten the game at the very least.

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Alexis asks if she is allowed to watch before she competes. If she is allowed to watch before she competes, she watches intently, trying to get a good understanding of what she'll have to do to win.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hallia

Indeed I do.

21. - Top - End - #51

DwarfClericGuy

Leosera

Spoiler
    Show
    Nah, Leos is here for the competition, not to help spread rumors the simple folk have come up with or some such. Though the stories do stick with him, like he'd like to investigate them more upon completion of his Royal Orders. Rampaging Dragons, Angels, these would surely bring great entertainment to his Majesty.
    Seeing the other players getting to their contests and stuff's making me a bit edgy about missing mine. I'll try and get a map or directions.

Leosera moves away from the crowd a bit, enough to where his speaking could be heard without shouting. He stops a passing man and questions; "Excuse me good sir, I'm a Knight of His Majesty King Falrust XXVII of the Kingdom Prell. Leosera Tristuous the sixteenth. I'm here to compete, like so many others, in a few of the fair's games. Surely you'd know where to locate the two I am interested in; Melee and Mounted."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Leosera

Unfortunately people are generally unimpressed with long titles. The lower classes care little for the dignitaries of foreign royalty, and the local rich are snobbish. You might get the information from a fellow knight, guard, or such but finding one would take another gather info check. Far easier would be:

A) Appealing to greed and buy someone's used damaged map for 2gp or make a purchase (2sp+) from a vendor to loosen their tongue.

B) Spend a 15 minutes searching for an official information booth to buy a new map at 5sp.

Don't worry too much about time, Leosera has 2 days before preliminary trials close.

Hallia : See PMs

Alexis: Ah, you'll be buying the 2cp viewing pass then. Also, either
    A) Make a handle animal check for your mountain lion to stay put outside without malling anyone,
    B) Look for a safe place to park your 'pet,'
    C) Buy all the viewing passes from any objectors and take your animal companion inside with you. ( (3d10)-14 sp)

((Anyone know anything about Smiley_? he hasn't been on the forum in almost 2 weeks so it looks like I'll have to start NPCing Reesh))
    Last edited by Psionic Dog; 2008-07-08 at 07:47 PM.

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Cac-kt

Cac-kt tenses his legs, ready to spring again, before slumping slightly. "You're not going to cage me, are you? And I wish to see Flounder again, I think that would be nice.

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hallia

ROUND 1

I cast fly (my prepared spells are on my sheet), and fly 35ft. across obstacle 1, and 10ft. up obstacle 2.

ROUND 2

Double fly 5ft. up, 25ft. across obstacle3, 15ft. up obstacle 4.

Reflex (obstacle 5): post later.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Obstacle 5:

R1 (1d20+5)[8]
    S1 (1d20-1)[14]
    R2 (1d20+5)[16]
    S2 (1d20-1)[17]
    R3 (1d20+5)[14]
    S3 (1d20-1)[2]

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: Dire lion, not mountain lion.

Yet again, Alexis is forced to get her pet to sit down in the nearby shade, if she can find anywhere like that.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Alexis ((*head bang* Whoops... *revises civilian reactions*))

Ehem, consider the crowds that follow you around doubled in size. Also consider everyone to now be standing at least 5 ft further back with wary glances from guards.

Shade is plentiful. Peaceful out-of-the-way shade however is quite rare and would require backtracking out toard the less-visited part of the fairground. One alternative is large sign not 30 yards north of you at the plaza corner that says: Exotic Boarding. Whatever it is, its surrounded by its own crowd.

Hallia
    (1d20+7)[25] (2d6)[4]
    +2 circumstance AC bonus. If a 25 still hits take 4 non-lethal damage.

The viewers ooh and aw over your flight. Management is... annoyed... but can't find find anything explicitly forbid enough to deny you the prize. Thus, with great ceremony, they present you a cold-iron commemorative dart and a certificate of entry to the Planar Olympic Obstacle Course Events. They also have you record your name in a large official looking book.

Outside an exotic looking human? taps you on the shoulder as you exit. "Hey mister, want to sell that dart? I'll give ya 2 gold for it."

Cac-Kt
    The feathery being takes in your equipment and smiles easily as he continues to press you for (and the halflings) to accompany him. "There will be no imprisonment, not for a first time offense, provided you pay compensation and cooperate. Now just take my hand and don't resist."

The flying creature personally may not be able to force you to comply, but if you're on the run you probably wont have time to talk to other interesting creatures, much less take part in the fare activities.

If you take his hand and are willing you'll find yourself suddenly sliding through reality to emerge inside a spacious stone room.

Reesh Meanwhile shouts fill the air as Reesh suddenly gives the guards the slip, darting into the crowed, around a corner, and behind a vender. Three disguise changes latter (and 10 gp poorer) he's back in his first disguise letting the heat cool off while watching a string quartet perform for an aristocratic audience gently dinning on a cheese brunch.
    Last edited by Psionic Dog; 2008-07-10 at 09:48 PM.

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Cac-kt

Feeling slightly disorientated, Cac-kt looks around nervously, and clicks his jaws together a few times, making an odd clicking sound.

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

29. - Top - End - #59

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, Yeah I think he'll go for an official new map. That kind of guy.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Alexis sighs, quickly examines what exotic boarding actually means, then goes to some nearby shade and promises her pet that they'll do something fun soon as long as she doesn't hurt anyone.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.