New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Expedition to Undermountain IC

G'nar:
    Spoiler
    Show

In response to Jole's question, you can see that the shields are dented and worn, obviously useless. However, some bear the mark of royal houses or ancient dwarven clans.

After the hallway turns, it extends a ways into the dark, the way ahead lit by Riktor's lantern. A short ways ahead, the hall turns right then sharply left again, opening into a larger hallway. Ahead, you can see a lit chamber at the bottom of some stairs.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

G'nar pauses a moment in his progress down the hallway to carefully examine the shields in the lantern light. Then he snorts and shakes his head.

"They're all useless. Have ta' melt 'em down and reforge 'em to make 'em useful again. Some are pretty old though - have symbols from one leadbrained human noble or another. Couple have dwarven crests - might snag those on the way back if we're not loaded down with treasure."

Although practical and not having lived in a dwarf hold for many years, G'nar still felt some sense of kinship, and therefore dutiful respect to his dwarven brethren. And as such, the only thing left of them should be displayed on some wall with pride, not as part of some filth's trophy room in a dungeon.

Still grumbling a bit over that thought, G'nar continues on down the hallway with the others, although he quiets up upon seeing the light. Light meant there were others down here.

"Humanoids don't need light. Maybe someone else is down here?" G'nar whispered, stopping his forward movement for a moment to look to his companions for direction. No sense in descending into a potential situation without being sure his compatriots had his back.

"We should check it out. Carefully."
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed:

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Agreed." Jaerg looks back at the group and whispers, "Whoever's good at sneaking around, check out the place. Try to save some for the rest of us, huh? The rest of us will get as close as possible to offer support in case anything goes wrong." He carefully lays down his shield and follows about twenty feet behind the scout/s. He'll stop at the edge of the light though, unwilling to risk going any further.

Finally, it's been too long since I've seen a good combat. I do so hope they aren't peaceful. No glory in killing pacifists.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sneaking down, so Move Silently - (1d20-2)[12] and Hide - (1d20+2)[9].

Also, Spot - (1d20+1)[2] - if at any point Jaerg sees what could be down there, he'll stop and try to get a better look.