New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground IC

"Indeed you were not. With the Destroyer's aid, I slew the alien god formerly known as Longlimb. However he might have feigned death and retreated to their vile world."

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm, that is interesting. Do you know if there were any pieces left over? Did you happen to cut anything off of the fellow? I believe Lossethir struck the eye from Varr, which is also something I mean to track down."

3. - Top - End - #1293

"Before slaying him I cut off two of his arms. If no one has moved them, they should still be in the Void with his corpse."

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, splendid. That will do. I should inform you that I have a particular grudge against the one called Marda. If that one should show up again, keep an eye out if I do not realize it at first."

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Troll in the Playground

*At Sea: With Vincent*
    Morgan, (the haughty foul tempered one with red hair who wielded something akin to an oversized halberd mixed with an executioner's axe) pushes her way through the mortal throngs to Vincent.

"I trust you can make it home in once piece if we leave now?"

"Morgan..." Olivia chides, then turns to Vincent, "It is our great honor to strike at Tyranny anywhere it rears its head. If you require our aid against these half elven infidels or these 'devils', do call on us."

"Oh, we'll probably be there anyway, even if you want our help or not."

The Valkyries seldom agreed on anything, but they all hated subjugation and slavery above all else. Besides, demons may be good for a sparring match (wanton unabated slaughter), but devils had discipline, and as a fighting force provided a much more enjoyable experience.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2008-09-01 at 02:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1296

"Marda, is it? I shall keep that in mind. If my spies hear of anything I will inform you. In return, I have a small favor to ask.
    My creations and followers do not function to their fullest under the direct power of the sun. I ask that you give me permission to...mask the sun for a few moments when the occasion calls for it. Of course, it will only be done in the most dire of circumstances to a small area and I will tell you before doing so."

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ok. I will do you that courtesy in exchange for such help. You seem a worthy ally, much like the Destroyer. Now I must be off to locate what is left of the goods."
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-09-01 at 03:06 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma :The Deep Burning Void

Enigma sulks looking at the world, at the planes, staring, thinking nothing is said. Perhaps he would leave this existance? After leaving a worthy fire God perhaps.

Yes, this would do. Enigma looked at Fiona...too kind. And to his son Eli, self-absorbed, that will never do. Enigma sighed, none could be the burning question as he could.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Firbolg in the Playground

Xiua'Hi: The Burning Void

And After the judgment had been placed upon the world, he went in search of the only one who he truely expected to come

Brother, I had expected you to come asking after me. Questions surely were raised. I have but one for you. Are you to, sick of that mortal world that you would not raise a hand to defend it?"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma : Burning Void

Enigma turned to his brother "Trust. Child. Betrayal." with those words Engima turns away from Xiua'hi "New. Old. New. Old. New. Old." after speaking like a ticking clock Enigma turns around holding his slit wrist, magma running down..drip drip drip. With each drip of his lifeblood he speaks a single word. "Dead." the drops fall to the Void, never seen again. But the word rings out. "Dead." pity, rage, sorrow, and glee fall from Enigma's strong voice, each time louder and louder. Soon his wound dryed, he spoke again. "We are as the same, brother. We mean no harm. I already warned. They will not listen." with that he sulked. But continued to listen to his elder brother.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

11. - Top - End - #1301

Xiua'hi looks deep into the burning void

"Brother. Perhaps it is time to allow the youth to take up the defense of Playground. Even if they stray. It shall no longer be our fualt.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-09-01 at 07:14 PM.
    My Current Works

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma: Burning Void

Enigma looks out to his burning land. The whole of his work, his favored place. Enigma looked to his brother, repected, loved, hated. All things that would describe the great pillar. He looked at himself. Unknown, Unknowable, Mysterious. Why did he look more ominous then Eul?

Enigma then spoke, for the first time in his existance, in a question. "What if they need us?" a soft caring in his eyes.

The 'Burning' Void itself started to have storms, great gales force winds, some of the seas of lava, started to become seas of water. Enigma looked like he feared, not for himself, but for the youth "If we leave, who will protect them?"

13. - Top - End - #1303

Xiua'hi places a single hand upon the Burning Question's shoulder

"We can always watch. We can still touch the land we were born to. We can still give our children our aid, our power in times of need. But, we are the last two of our family...we allowed our brother and sister to die...not knowingly...But that world can no longer take our weight. Our values....are dying."
    My Current Works

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ogre in the Playground

The Abyss

Another, begins asking questions. The Destroyer is always asking questions. It had in it's hands something magnificent and terrible. It was excited at this chunk of asteroid it had stolen from the devils. What wonderful secrets are in it? What would happen if it tried to find out?

The entire Abyss was terrified by this. Many could do little other than scream. Some of them tried to mask their fear, but it was definitely there.

If nothing else, this was a good decision because it gave them an idea what exactly it is they must fight. From fear comes courage, and there is power in both. More potential, and more weapons.

It knocks off a small chunk with a powerful blast. It seems to resist The Destroyer's power. But The Destroyer is a terrible thing. It is not a clean cut, but it is cut.

"Let's see how this works."

It fires blast after blast after blast at the tiny thing, Breaking the thing to bits and breaking it's bits to bits. It cringes in pain. Wonderful! Few things can cause it pain. It has touched, and come to understand that piece of the asteroid.

It knocks off another chunk, and begins pouring tremendous amounts of Abyssal energy into it, until it bursts. Demons everywhere begin to panic and do their best not to be hit by the infernal things.

It proceeds to start firing blasts at the considerably sized chunk of asteroid, until it's nothing but a bunch of pieces. Then, the bits are bathed in a torrent in fire, acid and lightning. An ominous metal then slowly begins cooling. The Destroyer contemplates a moment, levitates all the debris which was seemingly useless to it, and poured in masses of the abyss power into it before sending it back to Baator through a portal.

It then chuckles.

Now for it's other plan.

It turned out naturally that some of the "converts" it was gaining from Varr were lying to him. They were in actuality spies. It was only fitting then that without their knowledge it began to observe through their eyes and ears. Ignorance is a dangerous thing, and knowledge a weapon. It would learn what it would.
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2008-09-01 at 08:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Bugbear in the Playground

Xam looked to himself. And he looked at the Dragonfire. And he breathed it in.

(2 AP = 5 AP - 3 AP (Evolve Physically))

And the fire began to consume him. And when it stopped, he looked at his body. It was sleek, like scales. Be retained his lupine ears and spider eyes, however. He smiled.

And he looked to his children and his children's children and so on.

And he sent Worldblood to speak to Xiua'Hi and Enigma.

And he called out with whispers along his web to the gods he knew may help him.

"Oh Osric, Grandson tried and true
    Evadize of forests brilliant green
    Calypso, Radiant as all light
    Gliss, the summer, warm, not mean
    Albatrix, with scales like mine
    Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll, the darkest line
    Amalthea, who's touch can heal more than time
    Ferru'Dar, forged from the mines

"Come to me, oh goodly gods
    Come, hear from my divine 'aphram!
    I call to you all, with my bardic song!
    I call you, you princes, to Grandfather Xam!"

And Xam slumped into his webbed throne and shaped chairs of living wood for all of these who may answer him.

"Eight gods I call, and this is true.
    I have much I wish to speak with you..."

***Worldblood***

Worldblood lands before Enigma and Xiua'Hi.

"A message from the Lord of Dragonfire, the King of Spiders, the Second Creator!" ANd Worldblood cleared his lupin throat and shuffled on arachinidian legs.

"Tell me children of new plans, of what you wish to say.
    Tell Worldblood, he shall tell me, and I'll decide if we shall play.
    If there is a disagreement, then simply let me know.
    If the wise must agrue, the fools shall end it thro!"

Worldblood mutters...
    "I hat when he mutilates words so it will rhyme. I think he mean Through, not throw... Still, Xam wishes to know what is happeneing. I'm going to ask Kaern next, but if you could tell me..."
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

16. - Top - End - #1306

Xiua'hi looks at the strange creature

"We speak of brotherly matters..."
    My Current Works

17. - Top - End - #1307

A summons, and by Grandfather Xam no less!
    Gwyn looked up from his searches, and made his way swiftly to his sire's sire's side.

"Revenant Grandfather, I have heard your summons, and have answered. What is it you wish with the gods of the land?"
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon, The Void

"Now they were supposed to be somewhere around here..." Elimanishon strolled through the Void with a length of parchment trailing from one hand. From the looks of it, it was a shopping list. "This will be the start of something - oh, there it is." He spots Longlimb's arm and picks it up, looking it over carefully.

"Ho de hum, this will do nicely." he sun god slings it over one shoulder and steps off to find his next item: a fragment of Luffen's chains. His angels had long ago attacked them when they appeared, and one of the angels had been struck down by a falling fragment. She now resided somewhere above the surface of the sun, he could sense it.

Elimanishon, Above the Surface of the Sun

"Hello, hello, dear. What grave fate has fallen upon you?" He appeared beside her, the two of them suspended in a lazy orbit above the sun. She had one half of a massive chain link through her abdomen and was barely able to speak.

"I've been here... for centuries. Hoping someone would come to help."

"Well we have all been busy as of late. A majority of the angels have gone on with Osric; he's quite the driven fellow. Tamed some demons and what!" He leaned onto her, placing his elbows on her shoulders and his head in his hands. "Sorry for the wait, but I have come at last." Elimanishon playfully kissed her on the forehead and he flew backwards and spun around in a circle a few times.

"You... My lord, you are merr- AH!" He grabbed the chain link by both hands and tore it free. The god of sun, passion, and chaos looked from the horseshoe-like chunk of metal to the angel. "Thank you."

"No problem. It's what I do. I have but one question, Arthesa. I heard you had a fling with a demon."

"Yes, I admit it. And what is your quest - AHHHH!" Her god had replaced the shard of steel with an even larger shard of glass. The cry rippled across the surface of the sun.

"The question is... well, it doesn't even matter right about now... I'll see you later." He twists the shiv, kisses her on the cheek and boots her into the sun. Elimanishon twirls the piece of steel and places it over his shoulder with Longlimb's arm. He begins to sing a song as he looks down on the world for some sign of what Lossethir is currently engaged in.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground

Gliss looked up from his contemplation amongst the grassy plains. A call, from Xam? He couldn't remember ever speaking to the spider between the planes, but he had heard many stories.

How could he deny such a poetic request?

In a whirl of warm summer breezes, "Yes, Greatgrandfather Xam?"

"Well?" spoke Caina, who had come uninvited.

"Daughter? Wha- bu -what? How did you hear his call?"

"Labby told me. The call went out through all the planes, and he passed it on to me as the consecutive last words of an army of trolls I was practicing on. Anyways, what's up, Xam? You rang?" Caina says with a laugh.

20. - Top - End - #1310

Xam scratched his chin. "I did not call ye Caina, but you may stay and listen as well.

"As you know, Xiua'Hi punished the world and plans to continue to do so. And I have promised he may do so for some time. For I know we must show the mortals what they do when they rob from the land but do not return is wrong.

"But my own followers, as well as those of your own, they have attempted to help the land. Gliss, your followers protect the dry weather and warm weather plants and animals. Gwyn, yours show that darkness need not be feared, although my brother makes evil mockeries of life and your darkness. You see, it is as it is. We can give the mortals a chance at forgiveness, a new chance at life."

And Xam looked to Gliss and smiled. "Gliss, I dislike knowing that such a goodly and poetic god is not one of my blood. Perhaps... I can fix that..."

And a golden goblet filled with what looked like flaming blood that's surface reflected spiders appeared before Gliss.

"Drink of my blood, and become one of my children, Summer Breeze. Become the warm Dragon's Breath, the Summer's Song you already are."
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ogre in the Playground

Gliss held the goblet. He stopped. He thought. Truly, he was perplexed.

"Daddy, are you all right? You don't usually look this...serious." spoke Caina with a note of concern in her voice.

"I'll be fine, daughter, I'll be fine. Xam," said Gliss, "will this truly make me of your blood? Would my daughter be effected? Would I cease to be her father? I...I just don't know, second creator. I don't know...these days, I have been considering things far too long. My mind has held matters much too seriously. Even now, I think too much of things."

"Come on, Daddy, it's not that hard. Watch!" And Caina dextrously took the cup and drank the smallest of sips. "See?"

Gliss smiled. "I see." And he drank deeply of the golden goblet.
    Last edited by Vadin; 2008-09-01 at 09:33 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon, The Sun

Elimanishon calls out to the frozen god from his sitting place on the surface of the sun. "Lossethir, you aren't busy are you? I am looking into the matter of your victory over Varr. You struck an eye from him I hear and I wonder where it went."
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-09-01 at 09:52 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma: The Burning Void

The Burning Void started to change, taking randomly, chaotically, the same aspects of the dead elemental Gods of ages past. With a blink, Teerp seemed to stand between Enigma and his brother, then he changed to Neisuss, then Ramius, then even, the still living, but gone Mort who fled seemed to stand by the two brother's side. This plane now looked to give answers, the only place unaffected is the Fortress, a bastion of Enigma's will.

Enigma looked to the creature, spider? Lupin? Father. That was an easy question to answer. And Xam's first form seemed to stand beside the two elder elemental brothers. Enigma spoke, a ominous question in the air, once issued it could not be rebuked. "I am Enigma. I burn. Xam is Father. Father Burns. Eul is Xam. Eul is World. World Burns." Enigma then narrows his eyes at the creature, and speaks once again. A question, taking the form of words "Who do you trust?" Enigma's question does not seem directed at the creature, but at all mortals.

All Mortals: Playground

All the people in the playground suddenly stopped, in their tracks, they didn't do so long enough to really notice. A millisecond, but they felt the weight of the question asked by the Elemental Elder. "Who do you trust?" Even the Gods could feel the weight of the question. Feeling a small chill with the power of the question manifest in their minds, body and souls. Some mortals felt a chill, others felt nothing, others instantly started fevered prayer to Enigma to destroy the question in their minds. The question had been issued. May it be answered, and never brought forth again.

WHO DO YOU TRUST?

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Troll in the Playground

*The Void: Lossethir and Elimanishon*

Unmoved from his tiny makeshift realm of floating ice and perched on a precipice over a grand scrying pool, Lossethir lounges and views the world. He was beginning to grow rather weary of having no proper place to hold court and he needed somewhere to entertain visitors, which came often now...unlike in his younger days.

Oh well, it's nice to be important, or at least held in high enough regard to be bothered. After a moment more gazing into the pool, he stands and addresses the voice. He certainly wasn't fond of the company Elimanishon kept, but the sun god had never crossed him or done undue cruelty to the world.

"The eye of Varr?" He shakes his head, "I cast it from the Void just after my battle, there will be nothing left of it by now. You see the ring of ice that now encircles the planet? That was born of the eye...but I'm afraid nothing remains of the eye itself."

He pauses to think for just a moment before catching on to the plan, "If you seek Varr's essence for use as a magical reagent, the tears will be sufficient, go and collect some of the ice. But tell me, what do you mean to craft?"
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2008-09-02 at 01:18 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Near Horn of Amalthea Vincent

Vincent turns around as he hears Morgan the Valkyrie speak to him as he turns and is totally taken aback by the creature approaching him. Staring at her face with eyes wide open, he can feel his heart beat fasten, his face turning even redder than Morgan's hair. Trying to find something to say to her he stutters out

"Um.... yes.... I'd like to ... you know... one of these days... if its ok with you that is... go and.... you know.... perhaps.... together.... smite evil... tyranny... then go for a drink...."

Realizing that he is making little sense, he raises his head down to sheepishly stare as his feet as he tries to regain his composure. Thinking that he finally has enough will power not to stare at Morgan he raises his head and looks at the horizon as a way to avoid looking at her face again.

"Ahm... yes, what I meant o fair ones, is that it would be my pleasure to fight next to you and your sisters again. Our people also fight against tyranny and evil where ever it may be, so chances are we will definitely cross paths again. As for striking at the Half-Elves? Stick around, it won't be long until another fight occurs..."

Vincent points to Davorin who is making a speech to the crowd about how they should be prepared to strike at evil at any moment, and that the time to strike would be soon.

"...see what I mean? Ah the joys of zeal! Very well! May we meet on the battlefield again and cause glorious destruction in the name of our respective gods. The offer also applies to you, if you ever find yourself in a pickle, don't hesitate to call me, I'm sure we'd make a great team again..."

Not being able to help himself Vincent breaks and looks at Morgan's face, and once again starts blushing

"....my name is... Vinnie...Vincent... by the way..."

Damn you Vincent! I thought you said you wouldn't look at her again! Vincent scolds himself as he tries to regain his composure.

"In any case, I am afraid I have to leave your pleasant company and report to my Lady, as these latest events have no doubt stirred up quite a storm in the natural order of things. However, I would recommend you stick around for the celebrations which will happen upon your arrival to Cornu Copiae, I'm sure that there are a lot of people and their families who want to honor you for saving them."

With that Vincent bows in front of the Valkyries and tells them

"May we meet again!"

Flicking his fingers he opens up a portal and proceeds to walk in, however not before risking another glance at Morgan

Damn you Vincent!

And thus the ships finally made port at the Horn of Amalthea, and already the crowd were gathering to welcome to victorious heroes of the battle of Damal's Folly.

As the ships reached the port a great cheer was raised by the crowd

"Our trust is in the Lady Amalthea! As she bleeds for us, so shall we bleed for her!"

The Abyss

No sooner has Vincent materialized in front of Amalthea's sanctuary does he hear his goddess speak to him through their bond they share.

"Vincent, I want to have a word with you..."

"Yes my Lady?"

"While I admit that it was I who sent you down to help my children in their fight against tyranny, I cannot say I was too pleased with your behavior. You take too much joy in causing slaughter Vincent..."

"But I saved your children didn't I?"

"While you were busy having your... fun... sinking ships, the army was busy fighting with these devils..."

"Ah but I kept healing them as you asked!"

"As you were having your...fun... what would have happened if you got carried away and forgot to stretch your arm during the heat of battle?"

"Aw common my Lady! You know full well that all I have to do is will it, and I can heal them until I'm damn well ready to stop! All that arm stretching and stuff is just for show... you know... dramatic stances and all..."

"I sometimes worry about you Vincent. The way you acted in that battle was worthy of the Taker of Names, your style was reckless and completely destructive. Why I could barely tell the difference between you and the Destroyer at points! You are no longer the Taker of Names, you are Vincent, and you serve me, as once I served you..."

Vincent doesn't reply

"Let us consider ourselves lucky that the Valkyries arrived to escort my children to safety... and that the Destroyer chose to move as well..."

"Was it you who asked it to meddle in the battle?"

"No... I would assume that it chose to move by himself... now why side with our side, I cannot tell... perhaps he has an agenda... you know how he is with his agendas..."

*sigh* "Fine my Lady, I will... try... to control myself next time..."

"Let us hope so. Anyway Vincent, here is your next tast, seems that I have been summoned..."

"Oh? By whom?"

"Xam..."

"Right'o, you don't need to say more, I'm off!" Says Vincent as he prepares to portal himself

"By the way Vincent..."

"Yes my Lady?"

"Well done on opting to sink the ships rather than slaughtering them all. I especially liked what you did with the mast..."

"I knew my Lady would have approved." Said Vincent with a smile and teleports himself.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-09-04 at 12:19 PM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

What answer could they give? The Destroyer's followers could give but permutations on the same idea. The Destroyer. Numerous descriptions serving a similar function had spread. But each described something slightly different. Because different ideas had formed about it.

What was clear to them, was that it gave them things. And sometimes the things burned them. And so they were blessed by having been burned and learned from the experience. It was cruel and terrible and horrible, and they thanked it for that.

And it is out there, scheming, plotting, striking at the enemies of mortals.

The Abyss
    "You may have been asking the mortals. But there is no way I can leave a question like that alone! Enigma, trust is one of the most dangerous things in the universe. Many have trusted me and fallen into ruin. I have come to believe there is no one you can trust. To trust means you can be betrayed. Even an individual may do actions to their own detriment.
    And so it is fitting that I have come to trust others. And fitting it will be when they betray me. Amalthea who I created so much like me and so much differently. I can trust she will do what is necessary to protect the world. Dirjie, a self serving monster who hides in the shadows. Eliminshon, like me he is a light bringer that despises chains. Gliss, small and young and naive. He holds another dangerous weapon. Courage. So powerful is it that it allows one to shatter bleak reality, and defy reason.
    But, the ones who I really trust are the mortals. They believe in me after all. How can I just ignore that? Heh, now there's a question for a god. "Do you believe in your worshipers?"
    I hope you find an answer to the real question."
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2008-09-02 at 05:01 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon, the Void

"Oh, distillations and alchemical fancies are my current hobby for now. Of Varr's tears I would only need a tiny fragment of that ice. Eventually I will have some piece of each War God and from that I do not know what I could create."

28. - Top - End - #1318

Xam smiled. He walked to Gliss and embraced him then embraced Caina as well.

"Gliss... son of my heart. And Caina, Granddaughter I did not know existed until a few short seconds ago... in my eyes, you are both my family, and the magic of my blood has made both of you part of my lineage."

Then he looked to Gwyn. "And of course, you already were my grandson. Now... I wish to form a group, much like those who have sworn to defend the Playground. But we shall do one better. We shall protect all of the true life, all of the creatures who have a chance to be redeemed that walk within our little multiverse. All of the spiders, all of the cacti, all of the humanoids, even the undead that truely wish to overcome thier hunger. Every being that can breathe or think. But I have no name for our pantheon."

Then he looked to the small pool of fire he uses to see the world. "This fount keeps the strain from my eyes. It was lit from the Dragonfire, which is now part of me. With it, I lay my plans for the world and look upon it. And with it, I beleive we can give the world with a chance to defend itself. Spiders and magic gave the world weapons. The lupins, the beasts, they gave the world a view of nature working with civilization. And the dragons shall be it's salvation. It will be in three parts. But one of you needs to take upon something great. I shall hand to you five of my lung dragons. With them, we shall form a new type of dragon. I shall then give the mortals small portions of dragonfire for themselves. Then, finally, a new race, born from the wombs of all mortal worshiping races, and given the power of dragons, much like the deadborn or flameborn."

Xam smiled at the current audience. "But I'd love to hear your ideas to add to this, of course."
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The World Web, Vincent

Vincent walks into the meeting as always, fashionably late, but just in time to hear Xam's speech and thus saving everyone from having to explain to him everything over again. He gives a polite bow to everyone present remembering Amalthea's warning for him to be on his best behavior this time.

"Greetings o' Second Creator, and all the rest. For those who do not know me, I am Vincent, the living Word of my Lady Amalthea."

Turning to Xam he says

"So you seek to create a group of goodly gods. Would you be so kind as to elaborate on this? You see defending the world and giving mortals a chance is what my Lady likes to do most. As for taking on something great, well I can say, my Lady is always taking on great schemes, so please ... elaborate... my Lady wishes to know all the little details and the fine print before committing herself to anything... one has to be careful as you can understand. "
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-09-04 at 12:18 PM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Titan in the Playground

Klik'chak, Amensi

Watching in the scrying pool within the Grand Court, Klik'chak began to notice that the foul undead were constantly try to expand their dominion into the lands of his Children. Eul had been irritating before, but this was just going way too far. Klik'chak had decided it was about time to take a stand against this. He had so far taking little action against Eul out of respect for his age and power, but enough was enough. Something had to be done and soon.

Reaching into the pool, Klik'chak caused ripples in the air in about about the lands to which the foul undead had laid claim on Xuia. These ripples twisted into swirling dust storms of light and energy. These storms frequently wracked the entirety of Da'Chtiksa-luk, the Xuian desert.

To the Children of Klik'chak and their mortal allies, the storms were viewed as a blessing and a boon. While sand tended to get into everything and cause minor damage to buildings, the positive energy that powered the storms healed old wounds and cured disease. Crops and cattle tended to get a little battered, but they always grew stronger and produced more than normal.

To the foul undead who infested the lands, the storms became a curse and burden. The positive energy draining their powers and weakening them. The weaker undead caught in a storm were destroyed and burned to dust by the energies, which in turn fueled the raging powers of the storm causing it to intensify.

Spoiler
    Show
    Klik'chak
    (AP 3 = 4 - 1(Pestilence: Lifestorms))
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.