New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground IC

Khakom considered and nodded, "Yes...They will be our eyes and ears. Can you see it? " And for a moment, Khakom let his wild emotions through, "Banks of mist rolling on shore, observing everything with no one the wiser. Storms casting our enemies into the sea with intent...Winds whipping through the seas and islands...Disorder and Chaos reaching everywhere!" The God of Storms blinked as lightning flashed. In his lapse of concentration, a mighty storm had sprung up in the islands of Evad, whorling and firing lightning with abandon. It was a mundane storm, but a large one, and Khakom was definitely interested in watching it. But first to mold this Mist into a worthy creature...
    Last edited by String; 2008-09-06 at 05:33 PM.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roan Arathane, Level 4 Human Resourceful Warlord and
    Devis, Level 4 Half-elf Bard in Dame Morbid's Tournament
    Margan Flintfist, Level 1 Dwarven Fighter in Therinn Adventures

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Leader: Deity's Order (Currently Stalled)
    Contributer: Avatar d20 (Currently Struggling Back from Dead)
    Contributer: Lords of Creation

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Firbolg in the Playground

Va'Tari Scout Tower #26: Evad Islands

Hisagi had just been sent away to the Scout Tower, he had been born along with the original Tieflings, a..."son" they called him. He was over joyed he could serve that which made him, but in this isolated area? This...back water station. The Half Elves weres accomidating of course, why wouldn't they be? He was a son of their God Queen, a step above them, but equal in the eyes of the grand military state. Suddenly, a crack of thunder peeled through the sky, breaking his thoughts. His first storm...how wonderful. And as he gazed outside, the wind began to whip up, the sea's becomming choppy, the perfectly crafted ships lurching as if being tossed around by children. Perhaps being out here, away from the grand cities wouldn't be so bad

"How beautiful."
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-09-06 at 08:19 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Troll in the Playground

Lossethir held his chin in his hand. His son was much more wild than he had ever been. While still a primal force of nature, he himself was tempered and refined, shy of being predictable. The winter came each year without fail, but there was no telling how mild or bitter it might be or how late in the year it might relinquish the land to Spring.

He was not troubled though. He knew Khakom to be an untamable thing, inexorably tied to violent elements of the world below. Still, he could be directed...

"Those who do not acknowledge that the world works in unforeseeable ways are indeed ignorant. Existence is held up by a foundation just over Chaos itself. Even the works of the gods are merely attempts to deign order and design in the world. But, to fully give yourself over to the Chaos is to lose all that you are; never forget you are a rational being. Do as you see fit; it is your right as a god and a primal force. But, do not forget yourself, lest you be consumed by madness."

"You should speak with the others. Learn your place in the cosmos. I bid you, seek out Gliss, Klik'chak and Xiua'Hi and ask for their wisdom. Erm...after you've finished playing..."

4. - Top - End - #1444

*Khakom, IceDrift*
    Khakom had listened to his father, even as he whipped his new storm into a greater frenzy. He considered sending a storm elemental to amp up the carnage, but decided against it: the natural storm was much more fun. Still guiding his storm around the islands, he turned to Lossethir.

"I will do as you reccomend. I will talk to these gods. Klik'chak shall be my first destination. He resides upon Amensi, correct?"
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground

"There is but one entrance from the Void, and it is barred to all but a few. Knock loudly and announce your heritage. The Barren Lord has a peculiar way of speaking, but he thinks as clearly as any of the rest of us."

6. - Top - End - #1446

Khakom nodded, and conjured a stormcloud to stand upon. He let his control over the Evad Isles Hurricane ebb, content to let it make it's own way, and smiled.

"I will be back soon, Father."

The stormcloud raced off, Khakom becoming engulfed within the cloud like armor. It raced off, as Khakom headed for the gate to Amensi.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon, Temple of the Sun

The Bright One had stepped away from the Sunflower Forge for a time to regain his composure. And when he saw the deep clouds far below, he crossed his arms and spat. "Mussing up my view. That will not work. Who is this clown? A new guy. Like Chocin. Heh. What happened to him anyway? Well. Hmm."

Elimanishon pushed off from the floor and in the next instant was next to Lossethir. "Who is this retreating to parts unknown? This one is frivolous with the clouds. I tolerated their existence for a time, Ramus had been generous, respectful with such airy phantoms. But this one..."

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yam, On the oceans

"Right, then take me to him, and be quick about it!"

OOC: Well, that was shorter than I expected.

9. - Top - End - #1449

*Crikkeshh, The Oceans*

A lightning bolt split the waters in front of Yam.

KHAKOM

"-Has given me my message." The thunder rumbled again, and the first storm elemental began his delivery. "And the word of-" KHAKOM "is thus: I have seen the beasts from the sea, those that attack the villages of Ramua. They bring chaos, and it is good. You trespass in my domain, godling. I await you in the Void. My herald shall return to me when his task is complete. Follow, that I may speak to you. Should you ignore me, The Storms will tear you asunder, and they will never retrieve your body from the sea." Crikkeshh finished, and rose into the air until Yam was free of the storm.

"So is the word of-" KHAKOM. With a final thunderclap, the Herald of Khakom began to fade, his essence being blown back to his master.

(OOC: Follow that cloud!)

*Khakom,The Void*

The God of Storms flew at the pace of a thunderstorm across the vast expanse of the Void. In the back of his mind he felt that his Herald had completed his task. He slowed, and waited for both Crikkeshh and Yam to appear.
    Last edited by String; 2008-09-06 at 11:53 PM.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Halfling in the Playground

Goblin

OOC: Sorry guys, but this is VERY long. also feel free to skim, as it is almost entirely fluffy stuff, but hopefully interesting

Coberal hears a faint sound while sitting in her chambers. Well not exactly, she more feels a whispering pleading, not in words, but in emotions... "...I want to exist..."

Calling upon the deep realms of her divine mind, she asks the whispering "Who are you?"

The whispering replies, "...I am no one, but I would like to be someone. Please... grant me form..."

Coberal thinks over what the voice wants. The last time she had made something from unknown sources resulted in Amalthea's entrapment. But she couldn't leave the voice unanswered, keeping it inside her mind.

Her hands craft a form from nearby materials. It was humanoid, but possessed no distinguishing features. The final step was to pull the voice out of her head, along with a portion of herself, and place the string of divine essense within the doll's skull. What emerges is Merx.

Coberal brushes off her creation, dusts off her hands and whispers, "My work for you is finished. I will be leaving now."

Still concerned over the forged she has not adequately distributed, as well as the vast stores of weapons and armors lacking owners, Coberal looks at Membrane, and at the bag of forged, and back at Merx again. She says nothing and is about to return to her work when the new being, still taking its own shape, attempts to mouth words. It clearly has not mastered the form, nor the fact that it now has a form.

Realizing that he is clearly failing to communicate, the new being panicks, lurches toward the door and stumbles to the ground. Quickly assessing the nature of feet and legs, he regains some level of composure before fleeing hurriedly.

(1 ap transfered to Merx)

The new being, Merx as he would later be called, ranged about the world. He saw things through a vastly different lense than any other being did. Everything to him was made of numbers, fields, patterns, pure raw information. This either caused or was caused by the intensely and purely rational way in which his mind works. He sought out all the new experiences he could, in an attempt to build upon the patterns he had found, find new patterns, and gain new understanding.

OOC: picture it roughly like NeoVision in The Matrix, but with more color

After a time, he came upon a small furry creature. It did not see him at first, and he approached it brazenly. After sensing his movement, it turned to see him and then quickly fled. Berating himself for having spoiled an opportunity to learn more, he realized that if he had not been so noisy, he may have observed from a distance, and kept in mind to be stealthy in the future. So he tread more softly, kept to the shadows, and hid from any other creatures he found, observing until he felt that he had learned enough, and then moving on.

Later, while he was observing a rather large furry thing, a fox as it would turn out, he saw it pursuing another of the small furry things he had first seen, a rabbit. The fox stalking in quietly, as he was accustomed to doing, and then quickly fell upon the rabbit and sank its teeth in. Merx saw the pulsing field around the rabbit grow fainter, the numbers become smaller and more fixed, until eventually the field was gone, and all of the numbers that made up the rabbit were cold, dark, and almost unchanging. As the fox fed on the rabbit, Merx watched its numbers get larger, its field slightly more vibrant and colorful! It was as if the fox had absorbed the numbers and fields from the rabbit! But then the rabbit had ceased to be what it was, and died. This fact caused a great disturbance in Merx, as it was the first death he had witnessed, and for the first time, he began to understand mortality.

As he moved on through the forest, he began to understand. The fallen trees had once been like the rabbit before the fox, and now were like the rabbit after the fox. The small fungus, beetles, ants, worms, and other creatures were following a similar pattern, absorbing the numbers and drawing on the life field of the once mighty trees. He realized another important fact. The numbers and fields that composed him were vastly larger and stronger than those of anything he had encountered in his brief existence except for that first frightening being he had on instinct fled from. There was something that set him apart from these beings he had encountered, though he could not be sure what.

His last significant encounter in the forest was with a wild bear. The beast was truly huge! It had a strong, pulsing field, nowhere near as strong as Merx's own, but vastly greater than the other creatures whose fields were not green like the plants. He noticed another thing, while peering intently from a safe distance. There was a smaller, more concentrated field, made up of numbers of a different nature and color, centered around the beings head. These numbers changed quite rapidly, and Merx was having a hard time making any rhyme or reason out of them, but eventually he noticed a correllation between number groups and the bear's movements. This smaller field, with its numbers, must be controlling the larger one! It is some sort of processing unit! This must be what is having the thoughts and guiding the form that Merx himself was using! He learned to predict what the bear would do based upon these numbers and the pulses in the field color.

After this realization, he further noted that most things had a second field, it was simply smaller and less developed in most beings. Things such as rocks had no field and very fixed numbers, almost entirely unchanging, dead like the rabit had been, but with no semblance of having been alive.

At the edge of the forest, he encountered for the first time a group of sentient beings, elves as it would turn out. He realized by the vast size of their mind-fields that they would be much more perceptive, so he kept a great distance and cover, never approaching closely. The size of their minds had piqued his interest though; this would be an excellent place to gain vast stores of knowledge. The elves started speaking to eachother, and Merx listened intently to every word, though he could not make sense out of it. One of the elves, wearing a robe that shown faintly in different colored numbers, began to make intricate finger motions. As he did so, an entirely new field came into view, with swirling spiraling numbers kept at bay only by the elves finger tips and spoken words. In actuallity, it was a very minor cantrip, but to Merx it seemed like magic! (which it technically was)

He later practiced the exact same motions, muttered the exact same sounds, and watched in expectation....

At firts nothing at all happened. He then reflected deeply on what the elf had done, and recalled some changes in the numbers surrounding the mind-field. All he had to do was focus his mind a little to let the magic flow, he felt a sudden change in his own fields, and again performed the motions and spoke the sounds, and poof! he too had made the swirling field of aether stuff. He would have to reflect on this for some time, but meanwhile he sought other beings to learn from.

Unfortunately it was night time, so most of these strange new beings were asleep. Their minds were either composed of a more stable, calm field with slower numbers, or some were quite like the awake beings, but with seemingly chaotic fluctuations not in any way related to what they were doing. He would later come to find out that these were "dreams," but presently he merely puzzled over them.

Seeing an increasingly vivid display in all the fields and numbers, as the light of approaching dawn spread slowly across the twilight tinged sky, Merx realized his cover was fast failing him, and he must hide somewhere more sheltered from this spreading field of light. He found a cave, walked far into it, and contemplated how he would watch these fascinating things without scaring them all away. He also wondered if he would scare them away, as they were larger and more muscularly built than he. The rabbit had been in no way frightening to the fox that consumed it after all. But he figured it must have been his powerful field that would scare them away, as the field of the very first being had caused him to flee. And so he sat in quiet contemplation, practicing the strange art that the one robed elf had performed.

OOC:So basically, for those inclined to skip the fluffy stuff, he came into being, sees the world in weird number/field vision, discovered mortality, and is beginning to grasp language and the arcane arts of magic. Oh, and he is hiding from everything.

OOC: Edit Also, don't expect him to interact with any divine or mortal beings for a little while yet. He is still shy and trying to learn at least how to communicate before he will even allow himself to be seen or heard
    Last edited by Grax Hellfire; 2008-09-07 at 02:14 AM.
    Kira desu

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Maerok View Post
    Elimanishon, Temple of the Sun

The Bright One had stepped away from the Sunflower Forge for a time to regain his composure. And when he saw the deep clouds far below, he crossed his arms and spat. "Mussing up my view. That will not work. Who is this clown? A new guy. Like Chocin. Heh. What happened to him anyway? Well. Hmm."

Elimanishon pushed off from the floor and in the next instant was next to Lossethir. "Who is this retreating to parts unknown? This one is frivolous with the clouds. I tolerated their existence for a time, Ramus had been generous, respectful with such airy phantoms. But this one..."

The Winter Lord remains seated on a sloping block of ice...wine goblet hanging lazily from his finger tips.

"The one of which you speak is my son, and his name is Khakom. Do...his storm clouds offend you? Your countenance, quite literally, shines on the whole world...well, at least the important half. I should think such trivial matters would be below you..."

He feigns a pout and rises from his reclining chair. "Surely, you wouldn't be telling the masters of Air how to run their domain, would you? No...not one like you, who so values freedom."

He pauses for a moment, then folds his arms smugly.

"Too much sun is...bad for the complexion anyway. Causes wrinkles..."
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2008-09-07 at 03:54 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    "There is all of our slaves. Right now, we have a choice. You can leave these islands alone, to be free, and you can save those people. Or well....there might be....unexpected things going on. Save them all, and let my people live free lives, as they choose, to live in the empire of Va'Tari and for Isul's final glory? Or... *Dalam then simply grins*
    Palace of Justifiable Hate, Vincent

Picking his teeth he tries to get rid of the remains of the apple, Vincent looks at the captured Water-Orc and casualy with a swift move of his hand, ensures that the creature is put out of its misery. Everyone knows that the Va'Tari prisons are no place to spend for a holiday.

Vincent then gives Dalam a confused look as to what she was trying to tell him. Subtle meanings really never meant much to Vincent as he tries to figure out what she meant.

"Well now! If I am not mistaken, you mean to imply that you are offering for me to save all these free slaves as long as I can rescue them.... or else... or else... or else you intend to leave me in the dark as to what this 'or else' is I assume?"

Vincent then goes on to look into the scrying pool, it would be a golden day showering with flowers before he would trust anything that the Va'Tari would say.

"Very well! If you do intend to free the slaves then good for you! However do not be so presumptuous as to beleive that I am going to go there and save everyone of them. If they are free and you don't intend to sink the ship they are on, seem that Va'Tari ships are notoriously brittle, then they are free to defend themselves, or pray to any gods to save them. They have a ship, let them sail to where ever they want. There is too much suffering in the world created by idiots like you for me to be able to look after everyone."

He grabs another apple and takes a big bite, however he may have taken too big of a bite as he starts to cough and gag on the apple. Finaly swallowing down the apple, he wipes his mouth with his sleeve before continuing

"In any case, I find it hilarious that you the tyrant queen of the Va'Tari would ask to... live freely... perhaps if you actualy sat down, and gave it a good long thinking, you would maybe see something wrong in that statement. No matter! Judging from your battle tactics, I'd say thinking was never a Va'Tari trait... over-reacting sure, of course. Now then, if you are asking for peace with my Lady's children, then I am afraid you are asking the wrong person. You should send a representative to the Holy Theocracy in Cornu Copiae, and they shall decide whether they shall leave you alone... or crush you under thier foot."

With that Vincent does a woody military salute to Dalam and says

"Anyway, I am off! So many places to be, you know the drill. I just wanted to raise your awarness about this watery threat, in the hope that you would do my job for me. In any case, may we meet again on the battlefield! I so did enjoy smashing your little armada, can't wait for the next war! Try next time to save at least a few of your soilders from your own wrath next time will you?"

And with that he was off, but not before grabbing another apple.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-09-07 at 04:39 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yam, The Void

"Well hello there, god of storms" Yam said with a little bow. "Your little friend here caught me just as I was taking a little stroll. You are the god of storms, correct? The only being that could control such a thing as this" He pointed at the herald, "Is surely a god of storms".
    "So you summoned me to you, claiming I have trespassed to your domain, even though I have never been to the sky".
    Yam leaned on his sword and sat down on the non existent floor. "So tell me, what is it that you want from me?".

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

It was a strange thing, at one moment the ship was in the middle of the ocean, but somehow, it managed to sail into port, to a village near the endless swamp on Ramua It was a port town of the emerging Destroyer faith. The Slaves were utterly baffled. But not the townsfolk.

A temple priest informed them that, "The Destroyer has given you his blessing! You should thank it for this. And we thank it for sending you here. For it has honored this place. You are all welcome here. Know that only ignorance makes slaves of us here."

After everything was unloaded, the ship suddenly split in half and began to sink. The slaves began shaking in fear. It seems that whatever force brought them there doesn't want them to leave.

Which isn't true at all actually, but it's a pretty reasonable assumption given the circumstances.

Message To Yam
    "Yeah, I know. By all rights they all should have belonged to you. But I need to let the Half Elves know that they can rely on me. I'm sure another naval battle will come soon and you'll get lots of delicious, colorful victims. I've given you the ship you would have had anyways. But I'll give you something even better instead. If you wish, demons will breed with your Water Orcs. I wonder how much carnage those would bring? I'll even send a few to teach them some wonderful and terrible powers. I'm sure there's a few with the potential to learn how to rip the face off a thing from far away...."
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2008-09-07 at 04:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Abyss, Amalthea and Vincent

Vincent finishes chewing his apple and throws the stem onto the floor of the Abyss, a demonic version of the apple tree springing where the consumed apple fell.

"So how was the meeting with Dalam?"

"You mean the drama queen? Quite well, seems she is quaking in her boots and kind of realized that she cant afford another 'victory' against us without dooming her entire race, so she claims to have freed the slaves in return for burying the hatchet so to speak..."

"I do not feel the anguish of the slaves anymore... perhaps she has freed them, perhaps it is a trick."

"I would trust the Va'Tari as far as I could throw them.... which incidently would be quite far, but thats not the point here..."

"You could have at least guided that ship Vincent..."

"To Cornu Copiae? For what purpose? They are free my lady, they have a ship. Those who wish to worship you have only to follow the growing amounts of pilgrims who migrate to your fair city, as for the rest, let them go and worship what ever god they feel like. It is in the end a matter of free will is it not?"

"It would seem that you are correct... for once Vincent..."

"Why my Lady! If i didn't know I'd say that you are praising me!"

"Perhaps I am. In any case as you can tell, it seems the forces of good are failing, evil is on the rise and it seems that we are the only ones who seem to even care about it. I fear when the times come for good to make a stand, we shall be standing alone."

"Then let us stand alone with our heads high, and die gloriously while taking as many bastards as we can with us!"

"I do hope it does not come to that, but at the moment it seems likely. We need to gather more forces for the side of good, and I may have an idea about certain creatures I have seen, perhaps we could employ them..."

"Ah, so you want me to go and make a rousing speech to them and convince them to join our cause?"

"No, we need to ask permission from the apropriate person, last thing we need is the wrath of another god at the moment."

The Solar Eternity Vincent

Vincent materializes in the sun, and looking around at his surrounding he starts to look for Elimanishon.

".... this should be intresting..." he mutters to himself.

16. - Top - End - #1456

Khakom took in the Orc Maker with some measure of disdain before speaking.

"Those creatures. The twisted elves. They lack a focus. They were defeated easily, too easily. If you do not wish your creations to die, you must give them a focus for their energy. I suggest Rage, and Discipline." Khakom said, his voice rumbling and cracking like a storm. With a thought a Storm elemental zoomed across the landscape. He sat upon it, and formed a roiling seat. Inwardly, Khakom was furious. He knew that Yam was correct, that he hadn't actually invaded his domains, but his pride wouldn't let him admit it. "Tell me, Orc God, What is your goal? What is it you hope to do by having these creatures of yours run amok?"
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1457

Dalam Tashal: Under the Palace of Justified Hate

Dalam simply sighed, the scrying pool shattering and falling into small motes of power

"Simple creature. If that is the way it has to be."

She then turns to the small cadre of robed men, thankful that the idiot simply killed the prisoner, and nothing else

"Revive him, and throw him back in the cells. He will be useful in short order. Prepare the other...prisoners for the same treatment. We have work to do."

And the robed men turned, going back deep into the island, dragging the corpse of the creature behind them.
    My Current Works

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

The Winter Lord remains seated on a sloping block of ice...wine goblet hanging lazily from his finger tips.

"The one of which you speak is my son, and his name is Khakom. Do...his storm clouds offend you? Your countenance, quite literally, shines on the whole world...well, at least the important half. I should think such trivial matters would be below you..."

"No, I wouldn't tell him how to do his duties. Just to stop short of a Worldstorm, or something of the like. If he blocks out the sun, then it is the sun's freedoms in question. I've always enjoyed the view. Good day, frozen one." He bows and steps back through the same rift between realms where he bumps into Vincent.

Elimanishon, the Solar Eternity

"Now what have we here? The herald of Amalthea in a place like this? Not a place for one so grounded as yourself."

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Vincent gives a shrug to Elimanishon and says

"What can I say o' He Whose Passion Lights the World? I do what I'm told. I either convey my Lady's messages, or I act as a meat cleaving machine, sadly its the only way I know how to serve her. Anyway, I can assume we both have little time for small talk, so I might as well get to the reason for my visit."

He gives a pause before continuing

"As you probably know, certain... events on the material plane has led us to beleive that the forces of evil are on the rise, while unfortunatly those who hold good in esteem are somewhat... lacking. My Lady is trying to marshall as much forces as possible so that when the time comes, they may spearhead the charge, and hopefuly others may rally to the cause when they see us dying in our most desperate hour."

Taking out his pipe he lights it, luckily over here, fire was abundant

"She has taken notice of your beautiful creations, the angels. She would like to....ah... recruit... if you will, as many angels as you are willing to allow to her cause. Now of course she knows that you care little about good and evil, but it is your passion that burns within each angel which intrests my Lady. It will be with that passion that we plan to lay a devestating blow to the forces of evil. Therefore, she wishes to recruit your angels, she would give them a home, and with us, they would fight a never ending battle against evil. I will not lie to you Elimanishon, at the moment it does seem like a losing battle. But at least we plan on dying gloriously."

And with that he awaits Elimanishon's answer.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Bugbear in the Playground

Xam felt his chest. "I must grow more. I must become worthy of my mantle as First." And Xam grew.

And Xam looked at the oaken tablet. And he cut his thumb and touched it and his blood carved out his name.

(2AP = 7 AP - 2 (make the new, now nameless pantheon) - 3 AP (raise DR from 8 to 9))

And he called to those gods he called again.

"Now you may sign the contract, my children."
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

21. - Top - End - #1461

Flowing ink, from a floating fountain pen. A flowing signature, Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll ap Xiau'Hi, appears on the tablet.

"Begun by the blood of the ancient, solemnized by the blood of the dark..."
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

Gliss arrives and inscribes his name with an ornately adorned pen.

GLISS

Caian follow shortly and slashes her name onto the tablet with her nimble blade.

C A | N A
    Last edited by Vadin; 2008-09-07 at 11:37 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1463

"... Signed by Joy, and finalized by the blade of the Youngest."

Though not himself present, Gwyn's voice echoes through plane.

"Is it done?"
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

24. - Top - End - #1464

Dalam Tashal: Infernal Pits of Baator

With a single snap of her fingers, Dalam leaves the material plane, entering deep into the infernal pits. And for the first time, she felt almost mortal once again, the very divine power being drained from her. With a grunt and a single spell, the world around her seemed to be pushed back

“Asmodeus! I Dalam Tashal seek your presence! I have a proposition for you.”
    My Current Works

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yam, The Void

"Ha, defeated. What you saw was round one, that is all. Testing the grounds, if you will. Ha! 'testing the grounds', get it? Because I'm from the waters?
    Ah, nevermind.
    Anyway, I believe you're right, this...
    " Yam stopped before he finished his sentence, looking at the nothingness as if he was somewhere else.

"I have found the perfect place for you, Master. A great sunken ship, from long ago. It is...magnificent".
    "Indeed" Answered Yam, apparently, from Khakom's perspective, to himself. "Fine then. Thank you, my friend. you are free to do as you wish now, I will call you when I need you".
    "Yes, Master".

His focus returned to the conversation. "Sorry about that. Business. As I was saying, this notion of rage and discipline intrigues me, do tell me more.
    And as far as my goals go...
    " Again he stopped, his gaze looking at the nothingness of the plane.

"Oh yes, I would like that. Thank you. Just be sure that the 'end results' reside in my domain as well as yours. And please do send those few, that would be most helpful".

Again his focus returned to Khakom. "Sorry, family. You know how it is".
    "Anyway, I really have no goal. I was just searching for some chaos and destruction. But now, those damn half elves decided to not die and push back my creatures" He said, his eyes turning red. "So we'll see what happens next time. I assure you" He suddenly stood up, raising his sword. "Next time - I will kill them all!".

His attention drifted away a third time.
    "Master, not far away from the sunken ship, your palace. I see...Fish like creatures. Short, with spears".
    "Under the seas? In my oceans? Go to them, Zaddon. See who they are".
    "Yes, Master".

Sitting down again, Yam relaxed himself, his eyes returning to normal. "I do apologize for all these interruptions. By all means, I did not mean to offend you. Now then, what was it you said about rage?".

OOC: Innis, RP Zaddon's entrance, please, since I'm not sure how to describe this.

26. - Top - End - #1466

Deep Under the Ocean: Location unspecified

The great slumbering mass shook, and the fishmen rejoiced. The great orbs of flesh and fur floated around, their multiple eyes gazing at the strange incomming creature.

The fishmen chattered with worry, something new comming into their homes, the slumbering thing would be mad

One of the several orbs floated to the incoming creature, a fishmen in its tendrils, a strange, bublling and hissing tone erupting from the fishmans mouth

"What manner of thing are you. To disrupt the slumbering one"
    My Current Works

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Halfling in the Playground

Goblin

OOC: Its long again

Merx; A cave near a small encampment of Elves:

Daylight puzzled Merx. One huge, pulsating field, some indeterminable distance away, was for whatever reason sharing its power with all of this closer realm. Why would such a vastly powerful being even care, when it could simply consume all the lesser beings down here, and fuel its own greatness? Oh well, another mystery, for another time. Now he had to figure out how to spy on Elves.

In this powerful light, everything was easier to see. Unfortunately, that included himself. So he looked around and tried to discern how the animals attempted to remain hidden. Some were holed up in burrows, awaiting the cover of night's return. Others flew about, small beings moving at high speeds. Some took to clambering about in the treetop boughs. This may work for him, he was small enough to possibly remain concealed up there. Now he would just have to make his way to a tree close enough for him to watch, listen, and learn.

Quietly creeping, carefully crawling, and climbing in closer, Merx made his way up a tree near to the Elven encampment. There were quite a few moving about now. It seemed that the giant ball's energy also infused these beings with some, and they were almost all active and energetic. The two from the previous night were, on the other hand, taking a nap. They were using similar patterns of sounds to what he had hear earlier, and so he watched their minds closely to see if he could gather some meaning. He noticed that a certain pattern would form in one's mind-field before the sounds were made, and after the sounds were made it would form in the minds of those nearby. So indeed these sounds must have conveyed meanings and thoughts! If only he could gain some further understanding of what these meant. Peering at a particular Elf's mind intently, he tried to concentrate all of his thoughts on that one small region. Slowly, he felt the inside of the Elf's mind. He began to see through the eyes, to hear the words from the ears, and imagine the mental pictures of his thoughts! He saw something about long sticks with points, a group of these beings, and a bear! Everything he saw was in vibrant colors, with no numbers or fields anywhere!

This fact truly startled Merx, and he gasped audibly, and almost fell. He quickly regained composure, and tried to remain still, but the elves began to look in his direction. One of them waved his hands around, spoke sounds in a different tone and phrasing than they had all been using, but similar to those of the robed figure from the night before. Shortly thereafter, his fields became shrouded, very dim, and less colorful. Replacing them was a shimmering field of the aether stuff he had encountered earlier. The other elves could no longer see this being, he realized, because although when they had spoken earlier they faced directly toward their subjects, now they just peered around, and whispered in hushed tones. This must be some sort of magical hiding technique! Merx quickly set his mind right, performed the same motions, and spoke the same sounds. He felt the slightest tingle, and soon he too was cloaked from view! Now he could spy much easier.

He carefully climbed down from the tree on the side opposite which the Elves were beginning to ascend. Falling lightly to the ground, he snuck around. Once the elves had gotten into the tree, a group of tiny furry creatures, squirrels as it would turn out, fled the tree by leaping to one nearby. The elves uttered joyous sounds, with no real pattern but some definite meaning to all of them, and got down from the tree. Now would be a perfect time to send his thoughts into one of their heads. They were speaking again, and the images conjured up were of the initial surprise at something being in the tree, and the relief that it was later discovered to be just these harmless looking beings.

And so, by and by, Merx began to grasp first the very basics of the language, and then some of its subtleties. He also managed, after hours of struggling, to shift his vision from his normal numbers and fields view to this strange alien view with the colors and lights. No wonder it was harder for them to see things! They could easily hide behind the colors and in the darker regions. Feeling that he had learned enough from these beings, the ones who had sway over the other field attracted his attention. He followed one of them, an elderly Elf in long, beautiful, flowing robes, to a large structure, where similarly dressed Elves were waiting. This was going to be good!

And so it was that Merx "attended" his first day of classes in the schools of magic. Everything was so much easier to understand from the views of the Elves at first, but these had very strong minds, and would seem to sense him if he stayed too long. He never even attempted to visit the most powerful of the minds, for fear of being discovered. He learned a great many spells, some affecting huge, powerful changes in the fields, and some simply enacting very small perturbations. His favored spells were his invisibility spell and another that allows one to take on the appearance of something else. He could make himself look just like one of them! Perhaps he should aim for a bit of interaction with these beings. Not the ones in here thought; some can see through these appearances.
    Kira desu

28. - Top - End - #1468

Khakom arched an eybrow at Yam's sporadic and broken exposition. He began to walk towards the gate again, motioning that Yam should follow.

"Discipline..blech. I'm not a fan of Law, of structure, of rules. But Learning the trade of death well is conducive to chaos, and I'm nothing if not an agent of chaos. So, discipline is a must for a warrior. I will teach your Orcs the discipline of war, if you'll let me. Now...Rage...Pure anarchy that gives you strength, lets oneself to wild abandon...I would give your creatures a taste of Rage, of swiftness, let them become wild warriors. However...I would not abide betrayal, of course. Should one of these Ragers give himself to Order, to Law, they will lose their rage." Khakom could feel the gate drawing closer. He needed to wrap this up. "I am on a quest of sorts. To gain knowledge. In one week, I will have finished, and will be ready to teach your Orcs. But as much as I despise rules..we must have compensation. What do you have to offer, in return for teaching your orc to be Fighters, to be Barbaric, Sea-God?"
    Last edited by String; 2008-09-07 at 12:48 PM.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

"Your Lady wants them? Well I don't know. I did enter into a pact with Osric, so he does stand in their good favor. He's into the same sorts of fads - that whole Good and Evil battle. Now what would the Lady be willing to offer me? My personal cadre of chaos angels comes back home missing all sorts of parts and pieces with nothing to show for it?"

He walks alongside Vincent, parallel to him, as he explains it all but eventually has to stop as their paths intersect a bit down the path.
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-09-07 at 12:51 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Vincent gives a grin as he answers

"So you have given them to Osric then have you? Shame really, because in all my fights I cannot say that I have felt thier presence heavily when ever evil rears its ugly head. Which is why I was sent here, in hope that you would have some spare ones. So, you say that your personal angels are injured? Why didn't you say so from the begining?"

With that, Vincent raises his hand and snaps his fingers instantly healing all of Elimanishon's chaos angels.

"There, now you can send them back to do your bidding. Consider it a gesture of good will. Now then, the idea of sending me to ask for Osric's angels did cross my lady's mind, however that would mean weakening his forces, while strengthening ours, and even if he is somewhat drowning in bureaucracy as of late, my Lady would never dream to weaken another good god."

"Now you ask for payment... a trade even... unfortunatly, my Lady and her children are poor, except in faith for each other. However, since you are worried about your angel's wellbeing, what would you say if I offered to train the angels you send in the art of healing and purification? Sure they would serve my Lady and her cause, but in the end, they are your creation."

He stops at the intersection and looks at Elimanishon with seriousness in his face

"Powerful enemies are soon to come Elimanishon, they may aim for the forces of good first, but it won't be long before they crush good and move on to enslave the rest of the gods. We will stand first against them, and probably die, thus being liberated in death, for the rest of the gods, I cannot guess. My Lady even though in chains and imprisoned within her iron maiden beleives in freedom above all, which is why she suffers for others, and the reason why I am here. The Lady Amalthea maybe soft spoken, but if the situation arises, she can also be the greatest of allies. Her abilities are can be quite terrifying when she puts her mind to it. Her aid will tip any battle towards your favor..."