New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dr. Bath's Random Banter, dripping with daring deeds of dastardly deipnosophists

Too much air? Yes. It would burst your lungs. That's no fun at all. Although that is in the acquisition part of the process, I would still say it's not exactly the most desired effect.

Don't worry Curly, you were at a fair. No one expects you to remember things at a fair. There is a vaguely seedy response I could make to your comment, but I won't.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dr. Bath's Random Banter, dripping with daring deeds of dastardly deipnosophists

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    *snip*
    No need to get too angry, mkay? Not saying you are now, you're just fine. But I don't mean to make you angry at all so you know. Just stating my views, like them, or don't, your choice.

I just know MANY people who's lives have been ruined by drinking alcohol. And with... Other real-life things that I know, and are true... Which helped me make the decision not to go near that stuff, and stay away from it as much as I can.

Alcohol in medicine confuses me somewhat... I would like to know more about that... I should ask my mother (nurse, cardiologist) maybe... I know they have some in Nyquil, maybe.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Firbolg in the Playground

I know. Why d'you think I chose those words. Awkwardness abounds.
    And fairs are fun and all, but I never normally foget anything to do with books and especially prospective books.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I - I - I - I - I'm so ashamed to admit this because I'm one of the biggest Practchett fans on the forums but I totally forgot!!
    And it's not like I was doing anything at all important today. I even mentally made a note to remember this fact.
    I feel so dirty.
    Curly, you are a great person. A great human. And its only human to forget some things. And sadly, we can't control what we forget, only affect it a little bit.
    Curly, you remembered today. You can still celebrate. Its not like you only remembered tomorrow that it was today.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

I - I - I - I - I'm so ashamed to admit this because I'm one of the biggest Practchett fans on the forums but I totally forgot!!
    And it's not like I was doing anything at all important today. I even mentally made a note to remember this fact.
    I feel so dirty.
    Ooooh... Yeah I can somewhat relate. Some super famous squadron from the RAF came to Abu Dhabi, and were putting on an airshow. I'd heard about it, and desperately wanted to see, it, but I was with my friends at the time. None of them thought it was the slightest bit interesting!

So I missed out on it, because they didn't want to see it. I should've ditched...
    This avatar by Phase.

6. - Top - End - #306

@DD: 's'called over exaggeration. But I was mildly shocked to realise I'd forgotten.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

7. - Top - End - #307
    Banned

The word that makes you sound big an' clever is 'hyperbole'.

Also, I wish it was raining... That'd be nice.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-06-28 at 03:49 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    The word that makes you sound big an' clever is 'hyperbole'.

Also, I wish it was raining... That'd be nice.
    I wish that every day. The desert is beautiful, but... Too darned dry.
    This avatar by Phase.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, possibly the most ironic word in existence.

I need something meaningful to talk about now. Just a weird feeling i've got all of a sudden.

EDIT:I wish it'd rain as well, it's too day, it kind of annoying as well considering it rains most of the year here.

@V: A fear of long words.
    Last edited by Oregano; 2008-06-28 at 03:56 PM.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oregano View Post
    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, possibly the most ironic word in existence.

I need something meaningful to talk about now. Just a weird feeling i've got all of a sudden.
    What's that big long word mean?
    This avatar by Phase.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

It's basically this, Masato:

Spoiler
    Show

I get it with science related stuff a lot. I'm not really trying to prove to you that alcohol is good. More trying to promote a better understanding of it. Pseudo (or just plain wrong) science virtually drives me into nerd rage. This is what prevents me from reading most newspapers. If you read my earlier post you'd see that I almost completely agree with you. So no jumping to conclusions m'kay?

*sigh* Aww, no more sunset. T'was pretty.

Also: I has carrot.... No wait. I hasn't.

@Curly: [insert vaguely lewd remark here] I'm on to you...

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Well that big long word is only here to provide humor. An etymologist's version of a joke. Entomologist... Something like that.
    This avatar by Phase.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

@DD: 's'called over exaggeration. But I was mildly shocked to realise I'd forgotten.
    It, like sarcasm, does not translate well over the internet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh I see...

Heheheh... I laughed at that comic So true... Not to me, that much I guess. I've seen others blow up and flame everything in sight if someone disagrees with what they think is right.

I'm too lazy to go back and read at the moment, so I'll just say,"M'kay"

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

You were right first time I think randman2222. It's like the word lisp though, or it's real name sigmatism. Also dyslexia, that's kind of harsh on dyslexic people.

EDIT: In fact I think it's a conspiracy, these etymologists are forcing people to make mockeries of themselves.
    Last edited by Oregano; 2008-06-28 at 04:08 PM.
    My new website/blog:

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

There are facts in science though, which is why blatant incongruities with it annoy me so. I'm quite happy to be corrected. It would just increase my knowledge of the subject, which can only be a good thing.

...M'kay?

I thought it translated pretty well, but then again I see sarcasm and exaguration everywhere, since most things I say should be taken with a pinch of salt. Which seems to be why when I go all this is my serious face, people get so perturbed. Perhaps. Whooo! Personality dissection!

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

M'kay is mah word though... D=

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Bath, you would not like to meet the house-mate of my nephew, he believes science is a evil plot.

A evil plot, Harry Potter.

Harry Potter sirs must not go to Hogwarts!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Well... Science does have it's tendencies to derail slightly...

*Remembers when frontal lobotomies were considered a pinnacle of science...*

Wait... remember? I wasn't alive back then...
    This avatar by Phase.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

When the revolution comes, he'll be first against the wall. In which there is a door, leading to a school so that he may be educated properly.

It's my word now, boy. *thieveries it. M'kay?*

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Mah boi, this word is what all true playgrounds strive for!

22. - Top - End - #322

Science!'s fun but I prefer humanities.
    On another note: my hair is now imitating Charles I's hairstlye sans facial hair. It looks cool, sadly, it didn't happen as there will be no pics.
    Now, as there's some Science!y rule that says something like'it doesn't exist until you observe it' my hair actually isn't in the aforementioned state becaue I'm the only one observeing it and, generally, the majority needs to observe something.
    So does this mean that I'm trying to create a paradox, have created a paradox, am screwing with you, actually have Charles I hair, doesn't have aforementioned style or a combination of the above?

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

On another note: my hair is now imitating Charles I's hairstlye sans facial hair. It looks cool, sadly, it didn't happen as there will be no pics.
    Now, as there's some Science!y rule that says something like'it doesn't exist until you observe it' my hair actually isn't in the aforementioned state becaue I'm the only one observeing it and, generally, the majority needs to observe something.
    So does this mean that I'm trying to create a paradox, have created a paradox, am screwing with you, actually have Charles I hair, doesn't have aforementioned style or a combination of the above?
    *Brain explodes.*
    This avatar by Phase.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Aha, but you see, the paradox is already there. So you couldn't have created it. Since there is neither creation nor destruction. Only moving of matter.
    *understands*
    *is happy he understands*
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2008-06-28 at 04:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm a humanities student, I've done Geography, History and Sociology, and I'll be continuing them in college but I'll only have to do the A2 for Sociology(hopefully). Humanities rule. Actually does Sociology count as humanities, it's a type of science, isn't it?
    My new website/blog:

26. - Top - End - #326
    Banned

None of them. As it is akin to wave-particle duality. Photons are neither waves nor particles, just like you hair is not like Charles the first's and you haven't destroyed the universe through paradox.

Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    Mah boi, this word is what all true playgrounds strive for!
    No more youtube for you, mah boi.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Initial thoughts: Screwing with you.

You seem to like it that way.

Upon further inspection: Well, you observed it, so therefore it happened. Or was influenced in a way that led it to being what you observed.

If a tree falls in a forest where there is no one to observe it, does it make a sound?

I think is what you are referring to.

I'm sure you'd look rather fetching with a Charles-esque moustache and goatee combo.

None of them. As it is akin to wave-particle duality. Photons are neither waves nor particles, just like you hair is not like Charles the first's and you haven't destroyed the universe through paradox.
    Of course not. No one divided by zero.
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2008-06-28 at 04:33 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Banned

Ah yes, my dear Bath, she observed it, but we didn't observe it. And therefore it wasn't observed from our perspective and therefore is still a matter of probability.

@\/ No!
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-06-28 at 04:34 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

No more youtube for you, mah boi.
    Enough, my ship sails in the morning.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

True, good sir, which just gives further strength to my fist point:

She's screwing with us. For gits and shiggles.

Certainly no paradox.

@v Confuscious say, "Never look a gift goat all in one hedge"
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2008-06-28 at 04:40 PM.