66 23.66%
  • No

60 21.51%
  • I don't know, maybe

153 54.84%
Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: VOTE, the Democracy Demon's Devilishly Devious and Decidedly Diabolical Desultory

Oh yes, that's a great film but Queen of the Damned is just awful and the guy who played Lestat can't act properly.

Apocolypse now's a great film.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: VOTE, the Democracy Demon's Devilishly Devious and Decidedly Diabolical Desultory

Stuart Townsend. He's actually a decent enough actor, but you can only do so much with that movie...

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Stuart Townsend. He's actually a decent enough actor, but you can only do so much with that movie...
    No, he's not. He's... not bad. But he isn't a decent actor. All his work (or at least what I've seen of him) is mediocre at best...
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

It really says something when Aaliyah outshun him but in my opinion Vincent Perez was the best in the film and Marius was probably the best character.
    My new website/blog:

5. - Top - End - #125

What can I say? I've got low standards. It helps stave off disappointment.

6. - Top - End - #126

@DD: All I do is read. I read, I internet (which involves reading), I take the dogs out, I read. I think last thread I posted an accurate description of WHat I Do In Summer where it was read, X, read, Y and so on.
    I'm a bibliophile with a mere one thousand books in her personal library, all of which have been read a minimum of three times each. In some memorable fits of ennui I've even read a series back to front starting wih the final word of the final book and reading all the way to the first word of the first book.
    Seriously; when people say When You Think Of [Curly's real name] What Do You Think all people bar one say: oh, she reads a lot/books/intelligent because she reads books etc.
    The exception says: 'My best friend who just happens to believe many of the same things I do; hmm, I really need to write to her again.'

Princess Bride - seen it, none of the others though.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Curly has no hobbies that involve A gaming B being outside C sports D Not reading then? Oh well, books are great.

Read while you are cycling, it's fun! Well I shouldn't advice it, since it's kinda dangerous to your book and you if you fall and requires dedication on multitasking between not crashing and yoru book.

And ohyeah, 1000 books pic, or it didn't happen.
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2008-07-08 at 10:38 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground

I hardly read anymore... It's kinda sad really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Ooooh, Zak is back!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Death Knight by Threeshades, Werewolf Knight by boomwolf

9. - Top - End - #129

I should start reading again. My Dresden Files books are feeling neglected.

'Course, I've been neglecting pretty much everything recently, so at least it's consistent.

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    And ohyeah, 1000 books pic, or it didn't happen.
    a) I don't game - no gamers around and no consoles.
    b) I do. Taking dogs out. Swimmin' - in warm weather. ALso known as reading at the beach
    c) Sports are evil. I don't mind cracking people's shins in hockey or rounders, but sports are evil.
    d) Nearly everything in life involves reading.

I haven't ridden a bike since I was seven.
    And I have no camera and all my books are in five boxes under y bed, double or triple stacked on my bookshelf, on my sisters' bookshelf (still mine though), in three boxes by the window, thirty stacked precariously on top of my bookshelf, living in my parents' bookshelf, in my brothers' bookshelf, and some I've only adopted.
    I could list all the books I have, but it'd take too long and some are doing the family rounds.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

11. - Top - End - #131

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    ....I could list all the books I have, but it'd take too long and some are doing the family rounds.
    Do it, do it, do it. It sounds fun. Make a thread in Media and give us your list in manageable bits (maybe ten at a time?) Then your fellow bibilophiles can comment / review / discuss / make and receive recommendations.

Which reminds me:
    ...In some memorable fits of ennui I've even read a series back to front starting wih the final word of the final book and reading all the way to the first word of the first book...
    This brings to mind 'The Poisonwood Bible' by Barbara Kingsolver - if you've read it you'll probably know why.

12. - Top - End - #132

Nope, but it's on my evergrowing list of Books To Buy Or Read - currently at seventy four.

I need to be a millionaire.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

13. - Top - End - #133

If it makes you feel any better, I'll send you a copy of my book for free.

...you know, when it gets published an' all...

...Anyone got any C4? I find that when dealing with a burnout caused writer's block high explosives are needed.
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2008-07-08 at 11:59 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134

I need to be a millionaire.
    Don't we all. One of my recurrent dreams is to be able to walk into a big bookshop (like the Waterstones on the Strand) and buy one copy of every single book they possess to take home.

Anyway, go on and:
    a) make us that thread
    b) move 'The Poisonwood Bible' to the top of your 'to-read/buy' list. (You will love it.)

15. - Top - End - #135

Hrm, Poisonwood Bible - I'm surprised at how well I remember that book. I read it when I was like twelve. (I remember getting into an argument with a stupider classmate that no, I did not watch Oprah or care about her book club, it's not my fault the book has her insipid logo feces all over the cover.)

WHY IS IT NINETY DEGREES OUTSIDE? Moreover, why haven't I stolen an air conditioner yet? *dying*
    Click here for whining.

Click here for kitten.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, it's all rainy here.
    To alleviate the boredom, we have done the saddest thing ever.
    I changed my MSN display name to "James", as well as my display picture. Teamed up with two freinds (Jessie and Meowth, respectively), then invited people to big MSN conversations, done the whole "Prepare for trouble" rhyme, and vanished.

I have not laughed so hard in a long time.
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

That does sound like you must be bored. Sounds fun though.

I'm just on msn talking to one of my friends and trying to draw tomorrows short for my comic, it's hard for me to be creative sometimes.

You know who does a decent american accent? Simon Pegg.

I'm bored if you can't tell.
    My new website/blog:

18. - Top - End - #138

Boooooored also. But whenever I go to phone Best Friend I'm always interrupted by parents, errands, Littlest Brother, TV shows or something else. I'm this close | | to banging my head against the wall. Already attacked the laptop with my head after all.
    Perhaps I should change my avvie again?

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Bored as well. I already played through Portal like a billion times. There isn't anything good on the TV. All my other good games don't work for Vista(). And the sims have gotten boring...

20. - Top - End - #140
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dish View Post
    Don't we all.
    Ummm... I don't.

That'd be far too much money... I'd never need that much.

Let's see... What I would like to buy in the world now...
    A phone, T.V., MP3 player, some new clothes...
    Ummm...
    A takeway...
    ...That's about it, I think. Comes to maybe about Ł1,000. Could you really spend one million?

Wouldn't you feel guilty about it if you did anyway?
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-07-08 at 05:01 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm going on an amber dig tommorow! Wheee!

I have a trowel.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds good Phase, hope you have fun with it.

I've not doing anything tomorrow so hopefully I can build up a buffer for my comic again.

the fact that I'm trying to give each strip and short a snazzy title's seeming problematic.
    My new website/blog:

23. - Top - End - #143

Sounds like what I did for my werewolf game, trying to come up with one-liners for each player's death. There were a couple good ones ("...found that there can be no pacts between wolves and men" is one I'm particularly proud of), but others are downright terrible.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oregano View Post
    I've not doing anything tomorrow so hopefully I can build up a buffer for my comic again.
    Something that I've found helps with building buffers, just do it at leisure. Don't set aside a specific time to make the comic, rather just relax and have some fun.

25. - Top - End - #145

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    ... Could you really spend one million?

Wouldn't you feel guilty about it if you did anyway?
    Could I spend it? Oh, definitely. Once you grow up and have to afford your own home and living expenses life tends to get a lot more expensive.

Could I spend it all on books? Well, that's my fantasy. I suspect I could, but I'm hardly likely to be in a position to find out as this entire thing is pretty hypothetical.

Wouldn't I feel guilty about spending all that money on books? I could donate most of the books to school and community libraries in the developing world.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hey, it's better to spend it now than to have your heirs fighting over it after you die. And you could live off the interest alone from 1 million, so you wouldn't actually have to feel guilty about spending any of it.
    My commiepuppy was a gift from BRC

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

I made my avatar. If you want to see other stuff I made, click here.

27. - Top - End - #147

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog22 View Post
    Hey, it's better to spend it now than to have your heirs fighting over it after you die. And you could live off the interest alone from 1 million, so you wouldn't actually have to feel guilty about spending any of it.
    Not quite, but it sure would make life easier.

It ain't "quit your job and live the easy life" money, more like "able to afford all kinds of cool toys" money.

I could probably very easily spend a mil on books. Whether I'd read them all is another story...

28. - Top - End - #148

Damnit, I need to get a job sometime so I get money I can spend without feeling guilty about it. And preferably also a bigger bedroom so I can fit in a wardrobe and more bookshelves.
    Ah, well. Life is annoying like that. But on the bright side...

I'M ON DVDS!

Seriously, I have DVDs with me on them. It's really rather awesome.

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Seriously, I have DVDs with me on them. It's really rather awesome.
    Home movies, or something more professional?

I got lost in the supermarket. The little one downstairs from my residential area. The one I go to nearly every day. (In my defence they had moved the washing up liquid.)
    My life is turning into a Clash song.

30. - Top - End - #150

Recordings of the university Gilbert & Sullivan Society productions this year.

It really annoys me that supermarkets always have to keep rearranging everything. I mean what good can it possibly do them?