New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central III - All potential wolves please read

All my games:

I will be gone tomorrow (October 31), and Saturday (Nov 1), and potentially Sunday as well (Nov 2). I should be up to date with all of my points, but please know I'm gone anyway.
    silver

2. - Top - End - #1202

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    There's what, 10 people still alive? It'd probably be over pretty quick. Maybe even before Rome really gets going.

Of course I'd love to jump back in myself, just to get a second death scene. But there has to be some limitations on that rule .
    Yeah, I can't let the same player back in, but I can maybe do you a little favor.

That night the bears had a new plan. Instead of sneaking up on a trucker, they'd let the trucker come to them. They set out an orange plastic pumpkin and left some candy inside then they waited. Less than a minute later, a cry of TREAT ME! shattered the night's calm and the alarm in the pumpkin went off. The bears swarmed the plastic treat holder and slammed a lid down over it. The sharp shooting kitty squirmed within his plastic prisoner and cries of TREAT ME! LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT! oooh, a Snickers. LET ME OUT! were heard all the way back to the pound.

Quote Originally Posted by Griever View Post
    Wait... if Shadow joins Day 8 (9?), is the Rule of Shadow fair game? Or do we have to wait a few days?
    Nope, the rule of Shadow has already passed. You're not allowed to lynch him at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Must. Resist. Urge....

With Rome finally starting soon (?) I don't have the time. Too many games.
    I'd love to though.
    I appreciate the thoughts and I understand. Tell you what, if I can think of a good death scene, I'll work it in for you in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustiado View Post
    Ooh, here's a question.

Can those removed from the game rejoin it?
    Sadly no. It cheats the bears out of a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Fairchilde View Post
    Yeah! I want back in! I'm no longer lost in Oregon! I've got GPS now!
    Yay! But you're with the Suicide Jockey and Whiskey and Bandit now off trying to save Rubber Duck. Good luck!!
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

3. - Top - End - #1203

Well what do you know, you never have to gaze upon the rules of Mirrodin in this thread again because the game have now officially started... recruiting.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Titan in the Playground

Can I get in then?

I've fought of the evil mimes and clowns and bravely defeated them!

So can I be in again?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Well what do you know, you never have to gaze upon the rules of Mirrodin in this thread again because the game have now officially started... recruiting.
    Unless you decide to make a sequel.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

6. - Top - End - #1206

Quote Originally Posted by iceddragons View Post
    Unless you decide to make a sequel.
    Well then there won't be the same rules right?... Right?

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Banned

Oh, there was already a role like that, I simply called the same role "black hole".
    Yes, there was a role like that.
    Your Black Hole was the second incarnation of it.
    Llumble Bee was the first.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    Yeah, I can't let the same player back in, but I can maybe do you a little favor.

That night the bears had a new plan. Instead of sneaking up on a trucker, they'd let the trucker come to them. They set out an orange plastic pumpkin and left some candy inside then they waited. Less than a minute later, a cry of TREAT ME! shattered the night's calm and the alarm in the pumpkin went off. The bears swarmed the plastic treat holder and slammed a lid down over it. The sharp shooting kitty squirmed within his plastic prisoner and cries of TREAT ME! LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT! oooh, a Snickers. LET ME OUT! were heard all the way back to the pound.
    Yay! I think...

*Tosses aside Snickers in favor of Reese's*
    Nomnomnomnomnomnomnom...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yes, there was a role like that.
    Your Black Hole was the second incarnation of it.
    Llumble Bee was the first.
    All the more reason for Zeb and Alarra to use it.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

10. - Top - End - #1210

Ah poop, we're supposed to start on Monday.
    I need to get off right now. If we could get some more comments on the game (the Izzet, in particular), that would be great, and I'll try and have a recruitment thread up tomorrow night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Dun dun duh!!!!

At long last…

Ravnica: City of Wolves!

(Name very subject to change, as I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who won't think it's incredibly stupid)

Fluff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Welcome to Ravnica, a city where your guild affiliation represents not only who you are and what you do, but your family, thoughts, ideals and principles. Yes, your guild is very important to you.

In this city there are ten guilds, each a political faction in its own right, struggling to maintain control and power over the city.

The guilds existed harmoniously with one another for years. The counsel of elders included representation from each of the guilds and these members respected and listened to one another.

Those days are gone. Civil war has broken out. Assassins have become commonplace and friendship amongst guilds is basically unheard of. Each member of the council is dead. It is up to you, the new leaders of your guilds, as your first grasp at power, to seek retribution for the death of your elder.

This is a werewolf game of political intrigue. Each guild will have the responsibility of rooting out and eliminating the two guilds that they believe are responsible for the death of their guild elder. The actual win condition of each of the guilds will be detailed further on. There is no 'common enemy' that everyone wants to root out as in traditional werewolf games and it will be your task to sway the masses (covertly, of course, since there are those looking to kill you as well) to your political agenda to effect the daily lynching. Backroom deals and hidden alliances should become the norm.

The Guilds
    Spoiler
    Show
    Each of the nine guilds below may use a bane, kill or scry at night. However, they must use all three before they can use any of them again. All the members of the guilds, with the exception of Izzet, start the game knowing the other members of their guild.

• The Dimir
      House Dimir is often referred to as 'the Unseen'. There are many that deny its existence as a guild at all, believe it to be a story told to frighten children. It is a guild that exists in shadows and secrecy. It's ranks are made of assassins and evil necromancers.
    • The Golgari
      "Nature's most raw beauty is the circle: perfect in its continuance, with no break between death and life." This guild focuses on bringing the dead back to life and making the living dead. They reanimate plant matter and appeal to elves that have a looser view of what is 'natural'.
    • The Boros
      The Legion of Boros is the militaristic law enforcement for the city of Ravnica. They embody both community devotion and emotional fervor that can often make them appear autocratic zealots.
    • The Selesnya
      Depending on your point of view, the Selesnya Conclave is either a selfless, nurturing, spiritual group or a brainwashing nature cult. They reside in an ancient tree in the center of the city. They focus on nature and growth.
    • The Orzhov
      To find the Orzhov, the saying goes, follow the gold. The Guild of Deals contains both Ravnica’s richest citizens and its most oppressed. It consists of undead living their lives to excess and indentured servants trapped by crushing debt. Holding this fragile social order in place is a veneer of religious pomp and ritual, though few believe the Orzhov worship any god other than coin.
    • The Gruul
      The Gruul feel civilization is a mockery, an elaborate cage that suppresses desire and makes the weak seem powerful. The Gruul live moment by moment, and they “encourage” others to do the same. Once a strong guild, the Gruul are now merely a loose assemblage of beggars, gangs, and raiding parties.
    • The Azorius
      The Azorius Senate represent knowledge and law. They gain control by restricting knowledge, forming convoluted laws that only their intellectuals can understand. They care about the common people, but do not believe in such mundane concepts as civil liberties.
    • The Simic
      The Simic Combine is a guild of researchers. They spend their times in labs, focusing on progress. They lack emotion and social skills and are entirely scientifically minded.
    • The Rakdos
      The Cult of Rakdos is a guild focused on the destruction of others. Pain, fire, bloodshed...they use these tools to further their goals and destroy those around them.

The Izzet
    The Izzet are tinkerers and researchers, responsible for most of the public works that make the city run. They value knowledge and are the only people that really understand how and why magic works.

The Izzet guild has three members, who do not begin the game knowing each other.
    -Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
    Each night, Niv-Mizzet chooses a player. That player is subjected to a randomly selected (usually) negative ability.
    -Tibor
    Each night, Tibor will choose a player. That player is subjected to a randomly selected (usually) neutral ability.
    -Lumia
    Each night, Lumia will choose a player. That player is subjected to a randomly selected (usually) defensive ability.
    Alarra and I will have the list, but I'm not sure we're releasing it. The players having these roles will get more info about what their abilities can do, but not all of it.

Win Conditions
    Spoiler
    Show

Azorious - Kill Rakados and Gruul
    Gruul - Kill Boros and Orzhov
    Boros - Kill Simic and Rakados
    Rakados - Kill Selesnya and Orzhov
    Orzhov - Kill Selesnya and Simic
    Simic - Kill Golgari and Dimir
    Golgari - Kill Azorious and Selesnya
    Selesnya - Kill Dimir and Gruul
    Dimir - Kill Azorious and Boros
    Izzet - One of the members survives

((Credit for all the fantastic flavor text so far goes to Alarra. Thanks! ))
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

We have just over a month until JD is set to start, is now a good time to start the recruting or should I wait a little longer?
    GNU Terry Pratchett

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I'd wait if I was you.

13. - Top - End - #1213

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDMMk3 View Post
    We have just over a month until JD is set to start, is now a good time to start the recruting or should I wait a little longer?
    I would say not longer than two weeks and not shorter than one week. Just my opinion.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1214

Hmm... What do you think of this role?

Eater of Days

When Mirrodin's varied civilizations developed ways to fight the levelers, Memnarch upped the stakes.

As a one time only night action the eater of days may remove (kill) a player from the game.
    If the eater of days should be killed in any way the player it removed will return to the game.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-11-01 at 01:15 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

I thought so, but better to ask early and be right than ask late and be wrong.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

16. - Top - End - #1216

Hmm... What do you think of this role?

Eater of Days

When Mirrodin's varied civilizations developed ways to fight the levelers, Memnarch upped the stakes.

As a one time only night action the eater of days may remove (kill) a player from the game.
    If the eater of days should be killed in any way the player it removed will return to the game.
    Well, aside from forcing the consumed player to continue to watch the thread just in case the EoD dies, it also means that once the EoD dies, the villagers have a 100% certified villager to make networks around - in other words, it suffers from the same potential flaw as the necromancer.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

17. - Top - End - #1217

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    Well, aside from forcing the consumed player to continue to watch the thread just in case the EoD dies, it also means that once the EoD dies, the villagers have a 100% certified villager to make networks around - in other words, it suffers from the same potential flaw as the necromancer.
    Hmm... that was supposed to be one of its drawbacks, the wolfs can kill a player but risks starting a network if the killer is lynched.

If the removed players role is not revealed then?
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-11-01 at 02:29 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Titan in the Playground

Wondering about a concept for a role : A twisted version of a voider, as we know, a voider voids the action of a certain person, how about if a voider partially replaces the baner, and the person voided is shielded from scries, night kills and all that stuff?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ettin in the Playground

I believe AC III already did that with both baners. I'm not sure if it's the same you want, but...
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

20. - Top - End - #1220

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    I believe AC III already did that with both baners. I'm not sure if it's the same you want, but...
    He means that the baner also will void his target I think.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Titan in the Playground

He means that the baner also will void his target I think.
    Indeed. Indeed I do.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not quite sure what you want to achieve by introducing that role. To me it seems pretty redundant, but I was wrong in the past.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ogre in the Playground

Baning the seer wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, if the seer was voided too.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

24. - Top - End - #1224

Recruitment for Ravnica, City of Wolves has now begun!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

25. - Top - End - #1225

Hmm... that was supposed to be one of its drawbacks, the wolfs can kill a player but risks starting a network if the killer is lynched.

If the removed players role is not revealed then?
    Blind lynch means you have no idea if you're succeeding or not, this can be a momentum killer as there's no way to really get a feel; but in Vampire II it was only a blind lynch if the target was not a vampire. I'm not sure how it would have worked out if even vampires didn't show up as such on death.

This is actually one of the points we've been working on in those rare moments when me and Shadow get time to hash out stuff for the upcoming Vampire III.
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2008-11-01 at 11:15 PM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Troll in the Playground

I think he meant the Eater of Day's victim's role will not be displayed.

So the only ones who will know anything about him will be the victim, and the wolves.

He of course always knew what he was, and the Wolves will if he was a wolf, but nothing else.

And the Victim wouldn't have to necessarily watch the thread, if they didn't want to. The Narrator could promise to PM him, if the Eater of Days dies.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

27. - Top - End - #1227

Werewolf Classic VII ended, the villagers won!
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1228

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    I think he meant the Eater of Day's victim's role will not be displayed.

So the only ones who will know anything about him will be the victim, and the wolves.

He of course always knew what he was, and the Wolves will if he was a wolf, but nothing else.

And the Victim wouldn't have to necessarily watch the thread, if they didn't want to. The Narrator could promise to PM him, if the Eater of Days dies.
    Yes, that was exactly what I meant.

I have another idea for the eater of days if many didin't like the last design:

Eater of Days (Time-Beast)

When the Eater of Days is killed it will "eat" the next day-phase. This means that there will be two night-phases after each other. The players will not be told this until the end of the next night phase.
    The player with this role will be told that its a normal minion of Memnarch and it will also be scried as a minion of Memnarch.

Is this idea better or worse?

29. - Top - End - #1229

It's certainly more flavorful (the last one sounded more like Faceless Butcher) but it's also probably harder to balance. On the one hand, it gives the wolves an extra night kill and scry, but on the other hand, it gives the good guys an extra night to do the stuff they can do. So, yeah. It could be good, or it could be really bad.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1230

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    It's certainly more flavorful (the last one sounded more like Faceless Butcher) but it's also probably harder to balance. On the one hand, it gives the wolves an extra night kill and scry, but on the other hand, it gives the good guys an extra night to do the stuff they can do. So, yeah. It could be good, or it could be really bad.
    Well thats exactly what i was going for, in MTG the card has both good and bad sides and I wanted the role to have that too.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-11-02 at 09:53 AM.