New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Death Note Werewolf Game (ongoing)

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Especially since 2 of them were killed by each other.
    Actually, I was under the impression that they knew each other... if they didn't, then yes, that's the way to go. Have them know each other.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think the Kira control needs to be bound by a few more specific rules like what you and can't do. At the start of the game, things went rather well. I think my contingency plan against Kira control was also still acceptable, but maybe pushing it a little. But after that, most people almost stated outright when they were being controlled, thus defeating the entire purpose behind the mechanic. This is of course kind of difficult to properly regulate and balance, and would probably end up being completely arbitrary. Still, I feel that players should be more restricted in their actions when they're being controlled.

I agree with buffing the Kiras somewhat. The early game wasn't too stellar for the villagers and L got killed almost right away (I assume it were the RP hints that did her in). Yet still, the villagers won with a decent amount of people left. Doesn't seem right.

Having said that...
    *chokes survival win condition*
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

Also Kiras shouldn't be able to write their own name in the note to die in 23 days since it's such a dilemma. RP or pure game-wise?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

4. - Top - End - #334

Quote Originally Posted by Freshmeat_ View Post
    I think the Kira control needs to be bound by a few more specific rules like what you and can't do. At the start of the game, things went rather well. I think my contingency plan against Kira control was also still acceptable, but maybe pushing it a little. But after that, most people almost stated outright when they were being controlled, thus defeating the entire purpose behind the mechanic. This is of course kind of difficult to properly regulate and balance, and would probably end up being completely arbitrary. Still, I feel that players should be more restricted in their actions when they're being controlled.
    Yeah, that's the slight problem, it's difficult to do. Ponders what to do. Has a rough idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshmeat_
    I agree with buffing the Kiras somewhat. The early game wasn't too stellar for the villagers and L got killed almost right away (I assume it were the RP hints that did her in). Yet still, the villagers won with a decent amount of people left. Doesn't seem right.

Having said that...
    *chokes survival win condition*
    Also about the survival condition, even though it should have been a little more substance to them, part of the reason I had the Pro-Kira was to replace a Kira if they auto-lynched, and the criminals were Kiras targets and also, if the boardmembers plus criminals outnumbered everyone else, they won as well. The criminals didn't know that, but the boardmembers did. Also, the criminals would replace a board member who auto-lynched.

Quote Originally Posted by Murska
    Also Kiras shouldn't be able to write their own name in the note to die in 23 days since it's such a dilemma. RP or pure game-wise?
    Nope they weren't, since the objective is to live, dying after you got out still means your dead.

Also, for Saint Nil's actions, night 1 scried Ganurath but Vampiric wrote name first, Night 2 found bayar, Night 3 found Vampiric, Night 4 got Freshmeat's name, Night 5 got Haruki-kun name and Night was going to have Haruki-kun die, wanted it to be by spontenous combustion, which would have resulted in him dying from heart attack. (I think it had to do with Haruki-kun's name)

I was also thinking about combining both Near and Mello's role.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

My objective was technically "To put Yotsuba on top" meaning to outnumber the normal people with criminals. That wouldn't technically require for me to be alive after 23 days.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I was right.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn we seem to have lost!

I enjoyed this game quite a bit, though after all that happened such a comfortable civilian victory is a little surprising. I'd be happy to play this game again with a few balance tweaks.

Congratulations Dragoon, for running a good game in a very tidy and timely manner. I haven't played many games where the day phases and night phases have been updated so consistently.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

8. - Top - End - #338
    Bugbear in the Playground

I loved the game, can't wait till the next one in fact. GO back through the game and reread it with the knowledge you have now. I burst out laughing most of the game. This had to have been my favorite WW yet. Things would have ended quite badly if I hadn't found bayar so soon, with no plans, it's hard to win with only 3 wolves. Still, my favorite part had to be when Freshmeat PMed me. Best. Game. Ever.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

9. - Top - End - #339

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil View Post
    Still, my favorite part had to be when Freshmeat PMed me. Best. Game. Ever.
    Just for the record, since I get this kind of thing a lot: it's not because I send PM's to people that I trust them. Setting up something in advance so that people wouldn't be led astray if I got controlled simply seemed like the nice thing to do. As fate would have it, the only scry I knew of (and which I got from Recaiden/Near) so happened to be on the alpha. I didn't concern myself much with finding the bad guys (save in self-defence), since that would have been kind of counter-productive with my survival win condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon
    I was also thinking about combining both Near and Mello's role.
    Why?
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

10. - Top - End - #340

I still need to find out who used the death note on me... I didn't see either death notes had written me, unless I missed something.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
    Vampiric's killing record, Night 1, Aemoh points at Murska randomly and dies the next night. Day 2, he asked for Ganurath name, but since was lynched never wrote anything, Night 3 Catseye2121 would accuse Shadowcaller of having death note, vote for who he wanted, then later change vote to Reinholdt, then day 5 vote again for Reinholdt before dying Night 5, and he was gunning for Reinholdt but the lynch got him.
    @^ Vampiric got you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #342

Quote Originally Posted by "Freshmeat_
    Why?
    Partially to weaken the good team, and it fits with the next games setting, set after the first game happening by a few years and Mello would seem to hide the fact Near was actually there, taking more credit that he deserved.

Also, I was thinking about having 5 Kiras for the next game, but only 4 books, give the fifth one different abilities to use. Don't think I'll have a Yotsuba group this time around either, perhaps when I do a third game.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
    Partially to weaken the good team, and it fits with the next games setting, set after the first game happening by a few years and Mello would seem to hide the fact Near was actually there, taking more credit that he deserved.

Also, I was thinking about having 5 Kiras for the next game, but only 4 books, give the fifth one different abilities to use. Don't think I'll have a Yotsuba group this time around either, perhaps when I do a third game.
    I heard about a new Death Note novel set in LA...

Source - Might contain spoilers.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars