New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: The Avatar Theme Thread

From Planescape: torment (best game ever!) the Nameless One with Morte, Dak'kon and Fall-From-Grace.

I had some trouble with finding clear reference pictures of the Nameless One, so I've been a bit creative with his clothes. ;)

[edit] I couldn't leave these two out of the picture:

Annah (her clothes were hard to draw in this style) and Ignus (who was really easy).
    You do realize that bringing people back from the dead is an act of utter evil and having the consent of the deceased only means you have an accomplice for your foul deed.&&&&-Shirwill Jack&&&&[currently NOT taking avatar requests]

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Wow, Okay, new favorite, the Nameless One.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shirwill Jack
    From Planescape: torment (best game ever!) the Nameless One with Morte, Dak'kon and Fall-From-Grace.

I had some trouble with finding clear reference pictures of the Nameless One, so I've been a bit creative with his clothes. ;)

:o Ohhhhhh YES! These are so cool. My most favourite game ever. They all look excellent. Got the poster for the game in front of me right now and they look pretty accurate. Very cool.
    \"I can forge planes with my power; I can unmake you!\"&&&&Awesome avatar made by none other than Veera!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah. That Nameless One looks so cool. I would ask to use it as an avatar, but that would be really dumb, because I've never played Planescape: Torment. I want to, but it is only for PC, and I refuse to buy a PC. Macs are much better, and although Windows has a lot more games, still...dammit, so many good games aren't for Mac! >:(

5. - Top - End - #35

Anyone can use the avatars I make, except for the one I'm using right now (the girl with hat and green coat). The only thing you have to do is PM me about which one you would like to use and store it on your own web space.

Sneak, can't you borrow someone's PC? ;)
    You do realize that bringing people back from the dead is an act of utter evil and having the consent of the deceased only means you have an accomplice for your foul deed.&&&&-Shirwill Jack&&&&[currently NOT taking avatar requests]

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Anyway, now I have some more:

......from everyone's favorite game, Monkey Island! Yup, you guessed it, it's.....Murray the talking skull!

Yes, I got reminded of this because of Morte.

Guybrush:

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MC Abhorzoggorath
    Welcome to the avatar theme thread GreyRat, you choice of game is interesting to say the least :P
    Just trying to think outside the X-Box. I'll answer anyone's challenge to hunt mountain wampuses anytime! (Anyway, my graphic art skillz ain't that l33t, so I needed to start simple.)

Nice rendition of Murray, Sneak. I loved all the Monkey Island games, but the last one I tried to play kept crashing on me. :'(
    Sailors Puzzled by Strange Music at Sea; Choral Reef to Blame

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks for all the wicked avatars guys. I can quite safely say that Shirwill Jack's are some of the most awesome tjings i've ever seen!. Fall-From-Grace and the Nameless One are my favorites. I now need one character then i'll have 5 characters, But who?... ???

9. - Top - End - #39

Chimera

You could do some of the characters from KotOR... *cough* HK-47 *cough*
    And then they made me their cheif.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Amazing Rendition of Annah there :D

Planescape had one of the weirdest DnD parties that I've ever seen in a game- even better than Baldurs Gate I!

And Morte is a force to be reckoned with-

What about the walking TV though? :D he didn't translate to the OOTS style as well?
    Kalen the Kobold Paladin by Sneak ; Avatar by Shirwill Jack. (Thanks!)

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hey everyone, Im new and was wondering if I could join you guys making avatars, I've only made a few so far, including the one im using, but im getting used to it...if you could comment on the one im using and tell me what to change and whatnot it'd be great..

[glow=red,2,300]thanks :)[/glow]

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Annex
    Hey everyone, Im new and was wondering if I could join you guys making avatars, I've only made a few so far, including the one im using, but im getting used to it...if you could comment on the one im using and tell me what to change and whatnot it'd be great..

[glow=red,2,300]thanks :)[/glow]
    Of course anyone can enter ;D. Just make sure that you stick with the weeks theme (incase you dont know its Computer Game characters ;) ) and that you don't create more than 5 characters for each theme. I'm looking forward to see what you create... :)

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ayla, Lucca, and Marle, from Chrono Trigger. The only RPG I've ever beaten... I suck at video games. o_o To be honest, I almost never play them.
    "When I look down, I miss all the good stuff, and when I look up, I just trip over things." ~Ani DiFranco

14. - Top - End - #44

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCloud
    What about the walking TV though? :D he didn't translate to the OOTS style as well?
    I could only make 5 characters for the theme and I never managed to get the modron as a PC in the game anyway. A modron would make a nice OOTS avatar, though.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

I love murray! Thanks for making it. I've played monkey island through so many times just to be able to talk to murray ;D

16. - Top - End - #46
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Veera
    Ayla, Lucca, and Marle, from Chrono Trigger. The only RPG I've ever beaten... I suck at video games. o_o To be honest, I almost never play them.
    Awesome! Chrono Trigger is my favorite video game of all time. Hrm, I should make something for this thread...

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Barbarian in the Playground

Voila. Raziel from the soul reaver series.

I think I screwed up kain a little, but its the best I can do.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

18. - Top - End - #48

And then came... EarthBound!

If you've played the game, you know who they are. Or if you've played Super Smash Bros: Melee and like to look at your trophies...

And actually, I had been making these before and was gonne put them in the Arts/Crafts topic. Good thing I checked here first!
    Isn't that informative!? Hooray!

19. - Top - End - #49

Veera did the girls from Chrono Trigger, so I did the guys - except Robo. He's hard to do :P So, I have Frog, Crono, and Magus.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Gorbash, those are great, but to me they just seem a bit.....cluttered. I don't know. Anyway, I love Frog (in the game, and as an avatar). Magus and Crono are also cool.

21. - Top - End - #51

The Magus one definitely was, 'cause I forgot to save and upload the final version :-[ Anywho, Crono is harder... he's a kind of cluttered character design anyways...

I made a few changes to Crono, see if I could make him less closed in and cluttered...

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elmorwen
    You could do some of the characters from KotOR... *cough* HK-47 *cough*
    That would be the awsomest as you can tell from the name ;D i kill for a evil dule weilding red lightsaber Darth Reven
    Wizard: Hey Joe remeber that time when you knocked over my coffee.&&Joe: Yha&&Wizard: Well I just wanted to say EVAN\'S SPIKED TENTECALS OF FORCED INTRUSIAN!!!!

23. - Top - End - #53

If I could offer a suggestion to anyone with more ability than me, I think Discworld would make spanking avatars.
    OOh, what I would do for a Death...
    Games I Run

Characters
    Othvard Noutheim, Perceptive Seeker Who Delved Too Deep (Burrowers Below)IC|OOC

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by Django
    If I could offer a suggestion to anyone with more ability than me, I think Discworld would make spanking avatars.
    I'd definatley do Discworld for a theme next week. If the theme happens to be books.

Hmm...
    Death, Rincewind w/luggage, Carrot, The Librarian, Nanny Ogg.
    Founding member of the Kaylee club. If your relationship with your batteries has been going on for almost a year now, you can join too! Strawberries and Big City Doctors for all!

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

Wow. I disappear for a day and suddenly there are all these wicked avatars. I particulary liked Veeras Chrono Trigger ladies, but Shirwill Jacks collection are still my favorites.

I'd definatley do Discworld for a theme next week. If the theme happens to be books.
    I like the idea but i've already had a request for next weeks theme by another poster. Its a good one though... ;D

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

Some very cool avatars here. Love the planescape, Monkey Island and Chrono Trigger ones. Makes me wish I had the time and programmes to make my own.
    \"I can forge planes with my power; I can unmake you!\"&&&&Awesome avatar made by none other than Veera!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Django
    Well, I did Death anyway, even though it's not Books theme yet.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sneak - that's well cool - I've borrowed it (for use on this board only) Hope that's OK? (if not I'll get rid of it again)
    Avatar by Sneak (a long, long time ago)

What Hayley Said

29. - Top - End - #59

s'cool. I'm holding out for a good, cringing Rincewind. Plus, that one's missing his blue eyes!
    Games I Run

Characters
    Othvard Noutheim, Perceptive Seeker Who Delved Too Deep (Burrowers Below)IC|OOC

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

No one did @ or d?
    ;D
    (Rogue, Larn, Hack/Nethack/Slashem)?