New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Funny D&D Stories

If the dungeons and dragons online game counts, well then:

My halfling ranger Margarid was following a series of instructions that lead her to a lizardfolk hideout, I found this shourtcut on a cliff, Looking down, the ledge underneath was relatively close. I thought my featherfall cloak worked automatically, but no. I leaped and the falling damage killed me.

And speaking of jumping fails, I was in a cavern, sort of like a maze, and was searching for the next floor panel to activate some magic rock thing that lets me in.I was getting damn tired of running up and down stairs so a decided to jump to the ledge at the bottom of the rock about 5 feet from me. I lept towards it, prepared to drink my potions, and missed the ledge by like an inch. I died and had to start over.
    ____

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I've only played a little but so much laughter was had.

The Party:

Human Cleric: LG Extremely stuck up intense loathing had by all but the knight
    ?? Soulknife: Quite fun
    Elan Psion: TN Basic build
    Human Knight: LG proudly brags about his Big Bushy Beard
    Half-Elf Deathless Ranger: CG just started and thinks he's all that (he dies)
    Human Wizard(me): CN specialized in evocation like to make things go boom

This is the tale of my death.

We had just finished in a tomb filled with undead. during which we were exposed to a small taste of a horror campaign the DM had run before( quote"a mild taste of that campaign"). everyones sanity was around 60pts except the cleric @ 78pts. we all lost 35pts from that "small taste" and had to roll will vs. insanity(not the cleric though).

All failed as the DC was 35. These were the temp. insanities we got.

Deathless: terrified of Little Girls
    Psion: Lost use of his left arm (had to act it out)
    Knight: Lost all willpower and therefore followed the cleric with no mind of his own
    Soulknife: Became a necrophiliac which is hilarious since the world had been recently over run by undead.
    Wizard(me): I became Paranoied.

At first this was fine since I was going to hide in my room. Unfortunately for around 30 people the Cleric had us arrested. I refused to go since there was no charges or good reason. They responed by encasing me in stone to my neck. And floating me to the NON antimagic jail cell.

We had just gone up a level and I had learned Teleport which is verbal only. This was the progression thereafter.

1) I teleported out to my room. The guard in charge of watching me freaks out.

2) I arrive in my room where there are two servants searching my stuff, they also freak and run out of the room.

3) I send a Wall of Fire down the hall to stop them. This kills 24 civilians and sets the building on fire.

4) I grab my stuff and jump out the window(I was on the 1st floor) and am immediately grappled by three guards.

5) My only possible response was to use the Produce Flame tattoo on my arm which surprised on guard. He let go and promptly started beating it out.

6) This activated my Greater Electric Vengeance spell killing all three. I then ran for the only gate in town.

7) 1/3 of the way there 3 Warmages Teleport in front of me my response being fireball dealing only 25 dmg out of a possible 60. This kills two and the other coughs says "**** this" and leaves.

8) 2/3 of the way there another warmage teleports in with the leader o the city which is a Lv. 12 Crusader. I cast Lightning Bolt w/ fire damage for full dmg. killing the warmage (who actually made his save) the crusader then charged and bullrushed me activating Electric Vengeance for full dmg (I have dealt around 90 pts of dmg.)

9) He goes to do an attack that WILL kill me and leave a crater. I use my only Hero Point (which lets me do anything perfectly once) to pull a Teleport out of my *** and go home 500miles from here.

Unfortunately I forgot that the distance was 100/CL and said I could go 100 miles. I made it half way to home and ended up in the desert where I was promptly eaten by an Undead Worm.

The group response was I went down with Balls and Glory.

Interestingly I gain enough experience to go up a level and was therefore reborn as a lich which forced me to completely redo my character as I am now a reaccuring villian.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Pixie in the Playground

In a major city that was very relevant to the campaign, the humans held authority and took up a large portion of the population, and their was a large number of half-elves living in the same city but they were poorly treated and basically discriminated against. Population was roughly 60% humans, 30% half-elves, 10% mixed. The city was going to be the first major battle location of an invading force from a southern island nation, as this was the southern most city on this continent. We needed to rally the half-elves together with the humans to help defend the city, and they had been unwilling to join forces with "their oppressors" One of our party was a half-elf himself, we'll call him Wes, and we sent him to the slums to try and rally them, and the rest of us were with the king and his advisers discussing what was to be done. The half-elf went, and started giving a speech to the half-elves, with only mild success... and then turns Malcolm X on them, and starts getting fired up about how "we should rise against our oppressors, and take what honor we deserve by force!" after rolls, he successfully turned a rally into a revolt, and the half-elven population of the city charged the castle... and were all slaughtered. Long story short, we fought hard but the city eventually fell... the worst part was, it was a long and very close battle, and a few more troops would have likely changed the outcome

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Fairchilde View Post
    Erase just removes magical writing from a scroll, how would that effect a Wonderous Item?

I don't mean to butt in, but the Phylactery is a Wonderous Item - what was the DC? How does Erase work on a Phylactery, which is usually an item that is enchanted? If the caster level was 11th level (minimum to create the item) - the minimum DC save of the item should be a DC of 21. Also, if the item had a SR of 1, the Erase spell would not work.
    Exactly, whenever i see threads about d&d there's countless things like this that make no sense... if liches could be killed by such easy means, they wouldn't even be a threat. And there's other things that happen, like...

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Fairchilde View Post
    "Roll to grapple... you hit... roll again... you don't pin..."

It was basically a slap fest.
    But it doesn't work that way, they would still be grappling if a pin check failed, by failing it the pin was not successful, but that doesn't break the grapple. they would just be constantly struggling, with nobody getting the upper hand and performing a pin. And...

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    Last night, had the Neanderthal barbarian stand in the way of a boulder an enemy tribe rolled down the path at him and his party. He critted the Strength check while using an action point and raging.
    Hilarity ensued.
    Stuff like this i always see come up. It doesn't work like that, you cannot crit on checks, skill or otherwise. Just because you roll a 1 on a search check doesn't mean you find nothing. And like if an object has a spot dc of 10, and your spot is +9, you can never fail the roll, because a one means nothing different, just like a 20 is nothing different. You just apply your modifier and continue. If this character can roll a 20 and stop a boulder, why not just try to throw houses at people. Sure the check is impossible, but oh boy if you roll that nat 20 on your strength check, you just threw a house at someone!... yeah, right. And on the other end, of crit missing on attacks, its annoying when people think that something has to happen every time somebody rolls a 1, like "oh you throw your sword overboard". That's also ridiculous to think 1 out of every 20 times you do something that you are going to fail miserably
    Last edited by dathing11; 2009-12-13 at 07:52 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GideonRiddle View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    1) I teleported out to my room. The guard in charge of watching me freaks out.

2) I arrive in my room where there are two servants searching my stuff, they also freak and run out of the room.

3) I send a Wall of Fire down the hall to stop them. This kills 24 civilians and sets the building on fire.

4) I grab my stuff and jump out the window(I was on the 1st floor) and am immediately grappled by three guards.

5) My only possible response was to use the Produce Flame tattoo on my arm which surprised on guard. He let go and promptly started beating it out.

6) This activated my Greater Electric Vengeance spell killing all three. I then ran for the only gate in town.

7) 1/3 of the way there 3 Warmages Teleport in front of me my response being fireball dealing only 25 dmg out of a possible 60. This kills two and the other coughs says "**** this" and leaves.

8) 2/3 of the way there another warmage teleports in with the leader o the city which is a Lv. 12 Crusader. I cast Lightning Bolt w/ fire damage for full dmg. killing the warmage (who actually made his save) the crusader then charged and bullrushed me activating Electric Vengeance for full dmg (I have dealt around 90 pts of dmg.)

9) He goes to do an attack that WILL kill me and leave a crater. I use my only Hero Point (which lets me do anything perfectly once) to pull a Teleport out of my *** and go home 500miles from here.

Unfortunately I forgot that the distance was 100/CL and said I could go 100 miles. I made it half way to home and ended up in the desert where I was promptly eaten by an Undead Worm.

The group response was I went down with Balls and Glory.

Interestingly I gain enough experience to go up a level and was therefore reborn as a lich which forced me to completely redo my character as I am now a reaccuring villian.
    Duuuuude. Can you say "OVERKILL"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Mine all boil down to "Party makes minor mistake, TPK", but there are a couple floating around from my parents. One of them is that one time (this is way back in 1e) everyone except the rogue (my dad) was dead. Completely. And so the rogue stole the wizard's ring of wishes and wished that everyone was full healed. Not particularly funny, I know. However, my dad kept the ring
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground

So today we had a special Christmas party in our session. Our employer offered us some of her famous (spiked) eggnog.

Cue me and another player both failing our will saves, and rolling dice to see who we fell in love with. We got each other.

Boy was that interesting to RP, especially seeing as my DM is also my boyfriend, and while he likes roleplaying in his games, I'm sure he doesn't like that much.

7. - Top - End - #187

Oh yes, and our ninja almost drowned.

Until he realised he was wearing boots of levitation, and levitated himself upside-down out of the water, then just hung there until we came to his rescue.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GideonRiddle View Post
    ...Yes. Yes. This is so, so awesome.
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lioness View Post
    Oh yes, and our ninja almost drowned.

Until he realised he was wearing boots of levitation, and levitated himself upside-down out of the water, then just hung there until we came to his rescue.
    Too much eggnog?

10. - Top - End - #190

In our 2nd ed game, we faced some demon that kept flapping around the room and lobbing spells at us, and only a few of us had magical ranged weapons. Our elven bladesinger was among those who had none, and wanted to help, so he talked the DM into allowing thrown objects with spells like Light cast on them to be "magical" weapons. He decided to start with the heaviest thing he could throw since the cleric really didn't have that many object-oriented spells handy and grabbed a bookcase. Then came the inevitable question: "So...what's the speed factor of a bookcase?"

In one of my early 3rd edition games, I played a level 1 wizard and I was on top of a wagon that was being surrounded by goblins. We were losing badly, and I cast a Ghost Sound into the trees around us, and the goblins heard, "Ready, Elves? Take aim!" That was one time where not being able to pinpoint the location of the sound actually made the illusion more believable.
    Zombitar courtesy of Djinn_In_Tonic.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Pixie in the Playground

you know your DM's gone completely nuts when he inserts his character from a seperate campaign into another current campaign as a queen's advisor.
    Seamus Goodbarrel(halfling rogue/cleric) "Oh god! An Aboleth??"
    Everard Fullpint(dwarven fighter) "Aboleth?! Oh crap!"
    Ling Chang(gnome sorcerer) "mmmmm! very bad Chi!"
    Stephan (human monk) "Oh nononono, not an Aboleth!"
    Kotar Dirithith(kobold swashbuckler) "Dear sweet scaly Jesus! Not an Aboleth!.... What's an Aboleth?"

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. Copy this note into your signature if you support the Saxonic tradition of conducting business in the Mead Hall.

12. - Top - End - #192

That sounds like something my DM would do

13. - Top - End - #193
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

My dad was a Gnome Artificer in his original group, and so he could make some handy magical items. He made a portable tower, that when you said the word of power, it would instantly grow. They were surrounded by a bunch of soldiers, who were about ready to kill them, so my dad throws the tower to one dude, says the word, and takes out a whole city block.

14. - Top - End - #194

One time when I was only 2nd level, I had accidentally set of a trap that opened up a deep hole, and narrowly avoided falling in. It wasn't very big, and at the bottom, there was a gelatinous cube. I thought oh it's only an ooze, I bet I could take it. Besides, it's worth XP. So I jumped into the pit, then got engulfed by the cube. I got down to -7 before my group decided to rescue me.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Banned

One time, the party was getting wishes granted by a genie and when it was my turn, I said: "I wish you wouldn't grant this wish"
    We had to end the session early

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

so when i first started playing in my current saturday group it was one of the other players birthdays so our DM said she could have any magic item of her level or less. (with in reason) She thought for like two seconds and said: "can I have a bra of holding?" The DM, seeing no issues this could cause said yes. Well like four weeks later we're trapped in this town ruled by Count Strahd(the vampire) and she's trying to infiltrate his castle. So she kills a gaurd and takes his clothes...then she realizes she now has a body to deal with...so instead of stuffing it in the bushes she says: "I put him in my Bra!" Our DM looks at her, doumbfounded.
    DM: you do what?
    PC: I put him in my bra of holding so no one can find his body, I'll get rid of it properly later

"Properly later" was dumping him off a bridge when she was offered a ride up to the castle later...

another one I was told about was a player running a first edition game for his dad and they were up against a dragon. (keep in mind neither of them had much experiance with the game yet)
    DM: Ok a dragon snakes its head around the cornor and looks at you hungrily
    Player: A dragon? there's no way I can fight one of those...I'll throw my backpack at it to distract it, then try to run.
    DM: Ok roll to see if you can hit it.
    Player:*rolls* I got a twenty what does that mean...
    DM: um...*flips through book* Its a crit. Roll a persentile.
    Player: *rolls* two zeros... what happens.
    DM: *flips a couple pages*...I...I think you killed it...
    Player: with my backpack???
    Dm:your sword must have been in the backpack...It had to have been...
    Player: this game sucks
    We are Here. We are One. We are the Playground.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

Recent one from the game I'm not DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

Our party was helping a group of soldiers defend a fort on a trade route in the middle of nowhere, and we got attacked by a huge army of goblins. (How huge? Everything short of the DM saying 'look, fighting them isn't the right solution'). The nine of us who survived the first attack retreated to the keep, where the soldiers' leader brought out six invisibility potions. There were five of us (Cleric, Bard, Rogue, Swashbuckler and my Monk), three NPC soldiers and their boss. The boss volunteered to stay in the fort, as did one of the other NPCs, so there were seven of us and six potions.

The Cleric and I tried to work out a way to get as many of us out as possible, but since you can't just sneak someone visible out inside your invisible clothes, we had trouble, until I pointed out that A: a dead body counts as an obect B: carried objects become invisible and C: the halfling bard only weighed about 30lb. (to be fair to my character here, he's LN, not good, and it was the best way to get all seven people out that he could think of).

So we strangled the bard, tied some string to her, drank the potions and sneaked out of the fort.

Just after passing through the goblin army, the swashbuckler's potion wore off and the two NPCs we had saved were caught and killed by goblin cavalry, so it didn't end up getting us much. The bard has yet to be raised.
    My avatar? Why it's the brilliant work of Miss Nobody.

18. - Top - End - #198

I could fill this thread with endless amount of funny D&D stories over the many, many, many, many years of gaming... And if you include MMO games (or even RP games like NWN)... yeesh...

A lot of the fun things that have happened in some of our gaming sessions, we put in as small nods in the Machinima series we do (see the sig for more on that).
    Need a character origin written? Enjoyed what I wrote? How can you help me? Not required, but appreciated! <3

Check out my 5e The Secret of Havenfall Manor or my character back stories over at DMsGuild.com! (If you check it out - please rate, comment, and tell others!)

Subscribe to my D&D Channel on Youtube! (Come by and Sub)

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

I don't remember if I've posted this before, but it's funny enough to risk a re-post.

So awhile ago back in my sophmore year of high school I was playing in a friends homebrewed campaign. The party consisted of my friend B the swordsman (some type of homebrewed fencer IIRC), G who played a rogue, M who was a sorcerer and me, the ranger turned arcane archer.

At the moment we were in a Colosseum type adventure, and we each got to pick out cool stage names and a finishing move so we each went around the table announcing them to the DM. Since I had 3 items that gave +20 to jump checks I had my character jump up to touch the ceiling and then make a full attack action on the way down, crazy stuff like that. Anyway the my friend B was being an annoying tool (a common occurrence) to the point where the DM said FINE. Your stage name is now "The Salami Swordsman," much to B's dismay! He was allowed to keep his "finishing move" however. I put that in quotes because it was really more of a taunt. He would reach into his pants and scratch his danglers with his dagger. it was especially annoying because he would roll to see if he was doing it. Sigh.

The campaign continued on for a few sessions, but the taunt remained. He would do it at the most inappropriate times, even when we were talking to important officials. Especially then, now that I think about it. Even when we were all totally sick of it and we all basically SHOUTED at him to stop, he persisted. Then finally, our moment of salvation came.

We were invited to the mayor's chambers after completing some dashing deed. Needless to say, to celebrate, B opened up his pants and rolled his d20 with his coma inducing phrase: "I scratch my ****s with my dagger!" but this time, the die stopped on a 1. The whole table froze. He quickly tried to grab the die before anyone else saw the result, but it was too late. The DM told him to roll again. Reluctantly, B rolled again. ONE.
    Cheers erupted as the DM announced his self induced castration and we all promptly awarded his character a darwin award. The best part was that we had relatively easy access to a regeneration spell, but no one would lend him the money for it!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Happy New Year to All My Fellow Readers of This Thread

In A D20 Modern adventure we are currently doing me and one of the other players were selected by the dm to play secret agents investigating paranormal phenominon.

now i rolled up a guy who was awsome with a gun but had absolutly no physical prowess in every encounter we did he never even got to start trying to do somtihng. he was grappled down by a zombie and nearly bitten, pistol whiped in the back of the head by some criminal on an airplane, so on and so forth.

now we encounter what is designed to be a big challangeing encounter where we arrive at a destroyed airport terminal and 9 zombies come shuffling at us as sone as we come in. by the third round i had one hit 3 zombies and blown there heads off because i hd just finally gotten my gun back.

the other agent got 1, the military brat got 1, the kung fu/Street Fighter took down 2 without ever getting bit, and the rest were all split up among the rest

it was funny because the guy who had untill that point done no damage and had been knocked out twice and had a stop sign impailed through his foot calmly walked in never had anything get withen 20 feet of him and held the highest kill score.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Here are a couple of my favorites.

The first is from one of my old 2nd edition games. We the party were traveling through a tightly enclosed dungeon. We make our way into a small room, that's filled with huge barrels of oil. Also in the room are a dozen or so little people (gully dwarves), so our wizard in his infinite wisdom, backs out of the room, and casts.....fireball. We probably would have all been a lot more upset if the DM hadn't realized that the back draft would still catch the wizard, one adventuring party extra crispy please.

Another time, in 3.5 now, I had just joined a game where everyone besides myself were already epic level. However, the DM had decided that as a character I needed to earn some levels in game, so he started me out at level five. The very first encounter we were traveling down a tunnel, for whatever reason the group stuck me, the fifth level druid out in front.

DM: You're traveling down a long tunnel, it keeps going further than you can see, extending into the darkness.

Me: Alright well, I'm going to continue down and do some exploring.

DM: Ok, so you keep going, and going, you notice the feel of the ground change.

Me: Ok, I'll light a torch to see what's going on.

DM: Well, you appear to have entered a new chamber, the walls are covered in a thick yellow-green goo. Also you feel a hot wind coming from beyond the torch light.

Me: I want to take a sample of the goo. So I'll just take out my knife and vial and scrape some off the walls.

DM: You fill the vial, and in doing so wake up the Black Dragon whose nose you're currently occupying...

Me: Uh. crap, well I'll jump out and cast produce water, you can't tell me a couple gallons of water randomly appearing in the things nose after his slumber wouldn't at least stun him or something.

DM: Black Dragons can breath water.

Me: Crap.

Amazingly I survived spent basically the entire encounter alternately hiding an hitting the party members with either a wand of Bull Strength or a Cure Serious Wounds wand. Good times.

And finally from the game I'm DMing right now, one of the party members is a halfling rogue who goes by the name Chadwick Twelve-Toes. Now he made it very clear that Chadwick does not in fact have twelve toes it's just a family name. So they're traveling through this dungeon, and come across a river of lava, guarded by a Demon. Now they'd already picked up a holy symbol earlier in the dungeon that was supposed to be used to fool the demon into thinking they belonged in the cave, and have him ferry them across the river. Only problem was old Chadwick decided to speak to the demon in Infernal.

So the demon kills Chadwick, and proceeds to get killed itself. The party's cleric decides that he'll remove two of Chadwick's toes so he can be Ressed after leaving the dungeon, and dumps the rest of the body into the lava river. So later in the dungeon they find him healed but stuck in a trap. They get him out, and the cleric returns the two severed toes. Which Chadwick wears around his neck in a leather pouch. The moral of the story if you call yourself Twelve-Toes sooner or later you're going to end up with twelve toes, even if two aren't attached.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Pixie in the Playground

Another story involves our friend Renan's Half-Orc Barbarian. Our party was heading up a ten-story tower to negotiate with a Necromancer--our rogue got there first, and predictably started to hit on her. In the seconds it took for the rest of the party to get up there, well...I'll put it in point form.

-The rogue pulls out a love potion he bought a while back (this particular kind did the cliche "first thing you see is the love of your life" angle. It also required ingestion to work). An evil grin sets on his face.

-He takes ten on his throw to hit the Necromancer with it. With his dexterity, it automatically succeeds.

-The Necromancer uses her Mage Hand, catches it, and immediately hurls it in a random direction.

At this very moment, the party walks in, the Barbarian getting in first due to his higher running speed.

Guess where the potion flew. It collided straight into him, which was hilarious, but no big deal (it still required ingestion, after all)

At this moment the rest of the party makes it in, chuckling at the Barbarian's expense. Renan does a bit of RPing by comically licking the potion off of his face.

"Wait", says the DM.

"Licking?.....Roll an intelligence check."

A puzzled look appears on Renan's face as the table erupts into laughter.
    78% of DM's started their first game in a tavern, if you're one of the 22% who didn't, put this into your signature.
    Where did you start yours?
    Port town, with the characters just about to step onto a upper-scale ferry ship.

23. - Top - End - #203

I used to play in a big group of people. One time, one player's dad joined in the fun.

The town we were in was attacked and so we had to run out and defend the town. The dwarf (the player's dad) sat on the wall and tried to get drunk the entire time. According to him, he was "defending the wall".

Close to the end of the battle, the DM told him that he wouldn't get any XP if he didn't join in the actual battle. From the wall, the dwarf picked up a rock and hurled it at a retreating orc. He got a critical. We said the orc died on impact. The dwarf went back to drinking.

He got his XP.

In another campaign, we were playing D20 Modern. It was the dead of winter and a holiday, so people were inside. However, there were a lot of cars parked on a one-way street.

An enemy escaped the battle and tried to make a break for it. Since there were no people around, I threw a fireball.

Not only did it miss the enemy (who managed to get further away), but I forgot about the radius and several cars exploded and were thrown about. This took place pretty much right after we found out my character can't drive and usually ends up destroying the vehicle trying. She isn't allowed near vehicles anymore.
    Last edited by onthetown; 2010-01-03 at 10:13 AM.
    The poster formerly known as Riyoukaze.
    I am agile, like orange.
    onthetown

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

First time DMing, first group I taught myself...

World's Largest Dungeon, group of three, human fighter, kobold sorcerer, and kobold...something else, I think shadow mage. The group manages to get through first room alright without killing themselves on the magical black portal present to all ye who have the campaign in the first room.

In the second room the PC's find a group of starving, injured orcs, whom one character proceeds to slaughter. The other characters berate the first for the slaughter, although doing nothing to stop it.

In the third room the PC's find old, moldy sacks on the floor, the kobold sorcerer proceeds to walk up to them, and hit one with a sword, poisonous dust spews from it, damages the character, who proceeds to do the same to another sack.

The fighter decides to take this opportunity (for whatever reason) to attack him, knocking him down into negatives. The other kobold magic missiles him, and luckily, wins initiative. He readies his spear, the fighter attacks him anyway, and gets skewered by a crit. By the end of the session, the fighter is coup de grace'd, and the other two characters die facing a blinding trap along with a handful of lizardfolk.

Large group a few years later with a DM (not) that comes unprepared, he comes up with a puzzle to keep us busy for the day. We come upon a well filled with a clear, slippery substance. The whole group starts giggling as the first words to come out of somebody's mouth is "lube". The whole day evolves into a giggling fit, with people being barely able to look at each other without bursting into laughter.

Quote Originally Posted by celticbushido View Post
    Me: Uh. crap, well I'll jump out and cast produce water, you can't tell me a couple gallons of water randomly appearing in the things nose after his slumber wouldn't at least stun him or something.

DM: Black Dragons can breath water.

Me: Crap.
    Love it.
    Last edited by Pandaren; 2010-01-04 at 01:42 PM.
    Avy by Ink.

25. - Top - End - #205

My enchanter successfully cast Charm Monster on a White Dragon named Frost (he has very high ranks in a lot of Knowledge skills, and easily identified the dragon). Although the dragon considered Metanach (my enchanter) his friend, he did not consider the rest of the party so. After some failed negotiations, I decided to put my knowledge skills to the test in what was surely to be an epic battle of wits that would end the physical combat.

DM: Ok, it's your initiative.

Me: Okay. I make a knowledge (local) check to determine if I know of any local silver dragon dens nearby. If (local) doesn't cover that, I have equal ranks in (arcana) and (geography). +23 to any one of the checks.

DM: *rolls* Yeah, you're fairly sure you know where one is.

Metanach: *Casts Whispering Wind*

Frost: *Succeeds on Spellcraft check to identify spell being cast*

Metanach: Well, Frost, I'd like you to know that the local silver dragon named Argentis* now knows that the mere mortal known as Metanach has mentally dominated the mighty wyrm known as Frost. If you'd like to save any face among your dragon kin, I advise you to leave now.

*The DM didn't tell me a name, but considering he had trouble coming up with "Frost" for this dragon's name, I decided to help.

Me: *realizes the speech was supposed to come next round, when I can follow it up with an Ethereal Jaunt to escape into the ground* Um, wait, no, I'm going to say that next round.

DM: Too late! Reflex save! You done p***ed yourself off a dragon!
    Last edited by Zom B; 2010-01-04 at 11:32 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206

Oh gosh. My first DMing session today. I can't actually remember what happened. At all. But I do remember one thing

The usual DM, who is quite heavy on RP, was playing an uber-aloof ninja. He didn't even give the other PCs his name. Well, at one point, they defeated something, and the treasure was a ring of feather fall. I didn't tell him that.
    He puts it on, and asks 'How do I feel?'
    Me: You feel sort of light and fluffy
    Him: Excellent! I jump off the cliff.

Oh, the potential that had to end badly. But it didn't.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

Me and my group of friends during our first D&D session as a whole group had some difficulties opening a door. This door had a handle which would bite the one who tried to touch it. In another room we found a toad and a key in a box (the toad was very much alive and we named it Hamlet). Trying to put the key in the keyhole we found out that it would give the person using the key a nasty electric shock. Thus began our guest to open the door.

We figured out the toad would have something to do with it. First, before we actually used the key, we tried to feed the toad to the handle, but the handle didn't react. Then came the zany ideas. We put the toads front leg into the keyhole. We put the key into its mouth and tried to turn it that way. We tested a potion we had found on the key, which started floating, after which one of us tested it on the toad which started floating as well. Luckily, neither floated out of our reach. Through all this, the DM told how the toad looked either very disapproving (when we used it) or smug (when we got electrocuted).
    Finally, I remembered that my character had the Resist Energy spell prepared. She cast it on herself, took the key and the toad, and turned the key. There was no click, but we didn't think it was important. Then, came one more zany idea, and she squuzed the toad, getting slime all over the handle (and her hand). The toad escaped to her shoulder. The handle didn't attack her, and the door opened. Wihii!

Later, Dm told us that the keyhole was a fake, and the door would not bite simply if one had the toad (actually an evil magic user's familiar, with quite high Int) with them. At least we had much fun trying to figure the thing out.
    Avatar made by Mr Saturn. Thank you.

28. - Top - End - #208

RogueGuy

We were playing Ravenloft, Goblyn's Feast I think it was. Anyway, the adventure had a natural canyon were the party were supposed to go to find an evil witch. Within the natural canyon, there were two knight-skeleton riders, with heavy lances, who were supposed to charge made his Spot roll and saw them before they saw us, so we just climbed/spiderwalked/levitated the one of the canyon's side, and reached the top, thus avoiding the lethal charge.

Our DM didn't expected this at all, and he was so angry, that he told us that there were "an infinite number of fiendish crows in the sky", who were to attack us constantly if we weren't going down again.

All the party went all mad at DM, but finally, as we wanted to keep on playing, we climbed/spiderwalked/levitated down and fought the knight skeletons. Next day, half the players stopped playing with that DM. (I still don't)
    Last edited by Blas_de_Lezo; 2010-01-05 at 02:50 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209

Quote Originally Posted by Blas_de_Lezo View Post
    a natural cannon

Ohhhhhhh....

Canyon.

30. - Top - End - #210

RogueGuy