New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The continent of Urnush part 1 [Group 1] [IC]

Calben waits for a brief moment, receives only silence in reply, then acts, "Then we fight." The wizard steps over to Sylea, laying a hand on the hilt of her sword and running two fingers along the length of the blade while singing quietly. A vibration runs through the blade, then Calben glances at the warblade, nods, and releases the hilt turning back to approaching dragon.

Second Action:
    ((Move to beside Sylea.
    Cast Sonic Weapon on Sylea's sword, adding +1d6 Sonic Damage on each hit, for three minutes. I'll track duration of all spells I cast in my status.))

Current Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Character | AC - FF | HP
    Calben | 13 - 9 | 19/19[/table]

{table]Condition | Details | Target | Duration
    Sonic Weapon | +1d6 Sonic Damage on each hit | Sylea's Sword | 30 Rounds[/table]

{table]Will Saves | Fort Saves | Reflex Saves
    26, 19 | 11, 21| 20, 6[/table]
    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

"DRAGONNN"

"Tykesa!" Sylea cursed, invoking one of the nastier parts of the Elven language. Her early morning training now thoroughly interrupted, she swiftly sprinted in the direction of the cry. Upon reaching Calben, Sylea shifted her footwork into the pattern of Eylialtakor's Gambit - known to humans as the Punishing Stance. She knew that a dragon would tear her to shreds no matter what; might as well deal as much damage to it while she still could. Defense mattered little against such powerful creatures; ergo, the use of Eylialtakor's Gambit to maximize the power of her swing.

"What the HELL is that thing?" Sylea yelled to Calben, giving a brief nod of thanks for his spell, "That looks more like a skeleton than a Dragon!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Far briefer than I would have liked, but I'm pressed for time.

Current Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Character | AC | HP | Initiative
    Sylea | 15 | 37/37 | +6[/table]

+7 (+2) | +4| +6[/table]
    (NOTE: The Moment of Perfect Mind maneuver allows Sylea to make a Concentration check [at +7] instead of a Will Save as an Immediate Action - ergo, she has an effective Will save of +7)

{table]Weapon | Attack Bonus | Damage | Critical | Type | Range
    Greatsword | +8 | 3d6+4+1d6 Sonic | 19-20/x2 | Slashing | -
    Longbow | +5 | 1d8+3 | x3 | Piercing | 110 ft.[/table]

{table]Manuever | Used | Discipline | Action | Details
    Moment of Perfect Mind | No | Diamond Mind | Immediate | Replace Will Save with Concentration Check
    Stone Bones | No | Stone Dragon | Standard | Gain DR 5/Adamantine if Sylea hits
    Emerald Razor | No | Diamond Mind | Standard | Resolve attack vs. Touch AC
    [/table]

{table]Stance | Assumed? | Discipline | Details
    Punishing Stance | Yes | Iron Heart | -2 to AC, +1d6 to Damage (factored in above)
    [/table]

Sonic Weapon | +1d6 Sonic Damage on each hit | Sylea's Sword | 30 Rounds[/table]

{table]Ability | Source | Details
    Uncanny Dodge | Warblade 2 | Retain Dex Bonus to AC when Flatfooted
    Battle Ardor | Warblade 3 | +4 (Intelligence Bonus) to Critical Confirmation[/table]

Sorry for the edits, was fixing formatting.
    Last edited by Salvonus; 2008-09-08 at 06:45 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

DM

Round 1

The zombie skeleton dragon type thing wheels in the air and dives back down towards the deck. Beating its wind brings sand back up off the beach and it stares directly at Charels. It opens its mouth and expecting a screech you all steel yourselves for it but instead a flying purple blue ball flies out of its mouth and strikes the druid directly in the chest.

Gordon looks at the dragon jogs towards it and lets rip with an overhanded right hand scimitar swing against the dragon things face. He connects but the weapon doesn't do anywhere near as much damage as he thought it would or even should do with the force he connected with.

Calbenidhren moves forward so he is in range of helping distance with the rest of the party and stares at the dragon trying to see if he recognises anything or can dredge anything up from his memory. The dragon is probably around an age of young or maybe just a little bit older. He also can tell it is neither a zombie or a dragon but some sort of wierd mashed together both of them at once and neither at the same time.

Sylea rushing forwards assumes a stance and launches an over the head attack with her greatsword in both hands smashing the dragon thing into the side. Again this appears as it would've done alot more damage to a human than it has done to this dragon thing.

Charels still reeling from the magic missle bolt into his chest turns to the dragon moves along to its flank and decides to respond with a spell in kind. Launching a splinterbolt against the dragons flank some of it appears to be absorbed and some other appear simply not to damage it yet the fact is some still manages to damage the dragon type thing.

Round 2

The dragon zombie skeleton thing waves its wings and you hear bones pop and skin flap. It moves backward about 30 feet and launches its breath weapon. A rolling cloud of cold pours forth enveloping you all.

Gordon moves forward again and launches a blistering assault which would have left anyone else with deep bloody gashes dripping furiously. Yet still the dragon thing seems to shrug most of the damage off.

Calbenidhren moves alongisde Sylea mutters arcane words and runs his hands all the way up and down Sylea's blade. Arcane symbols run along the flat of her blade and a new sheen appears around the sword and has a new kind of flowing aura around it.

Sylea charges into the dragons snout and gripping her sword in two hands brings it up over her head and rams it down into the snout of the dragon thing and seems to do quite abit of damage. Especially with the new aura that glows around her sword.

Charels seeing how ineffective his spell was runs towards the dragon yet seems to slip on a rock on the beach just before and misses the dragon as he swings because of this.

Sade on the other hand grips her scythe in two hands rushes to the side opposite Sylea and smacks it in the side of the neck and seems to damage it albeit not as much as it should have.

Okay so

[[Charels 9 damage from the magic missile]]

[[Everyone 19 damage DC 16 Reflex save for 9]]

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Reflex Save:(1d20+6)[20]

As he sees the undead dragon thing pull its head back to unleash its freezing breath, Gordon's past training kicks in and he dives for the sand. His shoulder hits the ground hard, but he keeps moving, narrowly managing to roll completely underneath the dragon's attack. (Woot! Go Evasion! )

Coming back up to his feet, Gordon charges forward into melee with the beast again. His sword leaves a long cut along its hide, which the creature clearly doesn't feel in the slightest. As he readies his weapons to swing again, Gordon considers what else he could possibly do to actually injure this creature, as it doesn't seem to have any soft spots that his past training taught him to exploit.

(Okay, that's the reaction to Round 2. Plan for Round 3 & 4 will be along shortly, once I've managed to put together one of those nifty tables. They'll also be in a seperate post so I can make new dice rolls.)
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2008-09-09 at 01:04 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed:

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

(As I note, I always use rollv for my to-hit rolls to make it easier to see when I crit - not that it matters against the undead - so make sure to look at the second number for the total to-hit. )

Gordon Mallory
    Human Rogue 2, Paladin 1
    Current Effects: None
    {table]HP | AC | Touch | Flat
    28/28 | 18 | 13 | 15
    Saves: | Fort | Reflex | Will
    | +4 | +6 | +2
    [/table]

Round 3:
    Spoiler
    Show

Saves:
    {table]
    Fortitude | Reflex| Will
    (1d20+4)[23] | (1d20+6)[15] | (1d20+2)[13]
    [/table]

Actions: If Gordon is still in melee with the dragon:
    • 5-Foot Step towards the side opposite Sylea.
    • Full Attack on the Dragon, using Smite Evil.

Main Hand Attack - Smite Evil (+2 to-hit, +1 damge if it's Evil).
    To-Hit:(1d20+6)[2](8)
    Damage:(1d6+3)[7]

Off Hand Attack
    To-Hit:(1d20+4)[19](23)
    Damage:(1d6+1)[2]

If Gordon is no longer in melee with the dragon:
    • Move towards the dragon
    • Hit it with Smite Evil

Main Hand Attack - Smite Evil (+2 to-hit, +1 damage if it's Evil).
    To-Hit:(1d20+8)[20](28)
    Damage:(1d6+3)[9]

Round 4:
    Spoiler
    Show

Saves:
    {table]
    Fortitude | Reflex| Will
    (1d20+4)[21] | (1d20+6)[19] | (1d20+2)[12]
    [/table]

Actions:

If Gordon is still in melee with the dragon:
    • 5-Foot Step towards the side opposite Sylea.
    • Full Attack on the Dragon.

Main Hand Attack
    To-Hit:(1d20+4)[11](15)
    Damage:(1d6+2)[5]

Off Hand Attack
    To-Hit:(1d20+4)[11](15)
    Damage:(1d6+1)[6]

If Gordon is no longer in melee with the dragon:
    • Move towards the dragon
    • Hit it

Main Hand Attack
    To-Hit:(1d20+6)[8](14)
    Damage:(1d6+2)[6]

I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed:

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

(1d20)[8] +6
    HP AC Touch Flat
    12/31 17 13 14
    Saves: Fort Reflex Will
    +6 +6 +4
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2008-09-09 at 08:59 PM.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Sade runs over to Charels, Casting cure light wounds (1d8)[1]+3, then runs away from the dragon to it's left. If there are suitable stones on the ground, she casts magic stone on them. If not, Cure light wounds on self. (1d8)[7]+3. Concentration checks: (1d20)[13]+9 (1d20)[5]+9
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Pressed for time, only posting actions. If I have a chance later, I'll fill in the fluff, but my creative juices are just not flowing right now.

Round 3: Reflex: (1d20+6)[22]

Standard Action: Sylea uses Emerald Razor to make a touch attack. Power Attack for -3 to Attack, +6 to Damage.

Attack: (1d20+5)[23] vs. Touch AC
    Damage: (3d6+10)[19] + (1d6)[4] Sonic

Move Action: Unused, I guess...

Current Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sylea | 15 | 28/37 | +6[/table]

+7 (+2) | +4| +6[/table]
    (NOTE: The Moment of Perfect Mind maneuver allows Sylea to make a Concentration check [at +7] instead of a Will Save as an Immediate Action - ergo, she has an effective Will save of +7)

Moment of Perfect Mind | No | Diamond Mind | Immediate | Replace Will Save with Concentration Check
    Stone Bones | No | Stone Dragon | Standard | Gain DR 5/Adamantine if Sylea hits
    Emerald Razor | Yes | Diamond Mind | Standard | Resolve attack vs. Touch AC
    [/table]

Punishing Stance | Yes | Iron Heart | -2 to AC, +1d6 to Damage (factored in above)
    [/table]

Battle Ardor | Warblade 3 | +4 (Intelligence Bonus) to Critical Confirmation[/table]
    Last edited by Salvonus; 2008-09-10 at 01:51 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Round 4:

Standard Action: Sylea executes the Stone Bones maneuver. If it hits, it'll give her DR/5 Adamantite for 1 round.

Attack: (1d20+8)[14]
    Damage: (3d6+4)[19] + (1d6)[2] Sonic

Move Action: Unused...

Current Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sylea | 15 | 28/37 | +6[/table]

+7 (+2) | +4| +6[/table]

Stone Bones | Yes | Stone Dragon | Standard | Gain DR 5/Adamantine if Sylea hits
    Emerald Razor | Yes | Diamond Mind | Standard | Resolve attack vs. Touch AC
    [/table]

[/table]

10. - Top - End - #40

biggrin Re: The continent of Urnush part 1 [Group 1] [IC]

Current Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Character | AC - FF | HP
    Calben | 13 - 9 | 10/19[/table]

Sonic Weapon | +1d6 Sonic Damage on each hit | Sylea's Sword | 26 Rounds[/table]

26, 19 | 11, 21| 20, 6[/table]

[Round 3]
    Calben manages to evade the greater part of the frigid blast, but that which he does receive is still powerful enough to cause him to stagger. Recovering, he moves back away from the others, pulling his bow from his back as he does so. He then pauses and pulls a potion from a pouch at his side, which he cautiously downs.

[Move: 30ft back towards the center of the island, draw Weapon as part of move.]
    [Standard: Draw and drink potion of CLW. Can't really roll here, I'll do so in the IC thread.]

[Round 4]
    Calben notches an arrow to his bow and launches it at the undead beast.

Attack: (1d20)[20] + 6
    Damage: (1d8)[7] + 1
    Last edited by Kaihaku; 2008-09-10 at 07:16 PM.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Having took quite awhile to get intp position and get his companion to come to his aid he set out to face this new creature tottaly preapred first he had his animal companion move into flanking position before letting loose a mighty splinter bolt.

Spoiler
    Show

move actions: move into the best possible flank position
    standard actions: I cast splinter bolt he leaps onto the things back, and bites.
    ranged touch attack for splinter bolt
    (1d20+7)[23]
    damage for splinter bolt.
    (4d6)[20]

comapnions attack
    (1d20+9)[22]
    damage
    (1d6+4)[7]

me:
    Hp: 24
    Ac: 15
    saves: Fort: 17,12will saves: 26, 16 reflex: 12, 18
    comapnion:
    Hp: 56(( 3d8 from my druid levels, then an additonal three from natural bond, plus its +2 con modifer, and you above average hp,.)
    Ac: 17
    saves: reflex: 22, 8 fort: 15, 12 Will saves: 12, 22

12. - Top - End - #42

Exclamation Re: The continent of Urnush part 1 [Group 1] [IC]

Well, I sent Thoranius a PM awhile ago and no reply so I guess its safe to say this is dead. A shame. Well, I'll remove it from my subscribed threads and that will be that.

Good luck all, in whatever other campaigns you've found in the meanwhile.

~Kahlil Gibran