New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Fantasy Wargame!

This thread is where I post battle reports and update the world map. This thread is also where you can talk in-character. If you have rules questions or other OOC stuff, use the spoiler tags!

ROUND 1 BEGINS! (round 1 ends on Wednesday or when all players have sent me their actions, whichever comes first)

The map:

...........+----------+----------+----------+...........
    ...........|Reekmuir..|Jernfjell.|Alava.....|..... ......
    ...........|.....Moors|.Mountains|....Plains|..... ......
    ...........|..........|..........|..........|..... ......
    ...........|..........|........+-|........+-|...........
    ...........|..........|........|G|........|W|...........
    +----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
    |Taraktarak|Annwfyn...|Dunkelwald|Chernobog.|Gongm ol...|
    |...Prairie|...Meadows|....Forest|...Marshes|....S teppe|
    |..........|..........|..........|..........|..... .....|
    |..........|........+-|..........|........+-|..........|
    |..........|........|U|..........|........|C|..........|
    |Nahuatl...|Alesia....|IsleOfGods|Rusalka...|Devak ali..|
    |...Plateau|....Plains|..........|....Forest|...Sa vanna|
    |..........|..........|........+-|........+-|..........|
    |..........|..........|........|?|........|D|..... .....|
    |Formosa...|Gladius...|Lakedaimon|Akbar.....|Torak ami..|
    |.....Coast|.....Hills|....Valley|....Desert|....J ungle|
    |........+-|..........|..........|........+-|..........|
    |........|D|..........|..........|........|I|..........|
    ...........|CartHadast|Sheba.....|Lilitu....|..... ......
    ...........|.....Coast|.....Delta|.....Oases|..... ......
    ...........|..........|..........|..........|..... ......
    ...........|........+-|..........|..........|...........
    ...........|........|P|..........|..........|...........
    ...........+----------+----------+----------+...........

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrath View Post
    So we got:
    Tin Men
    Undead
    Dough Golems
    Bird Folk
    "Not Drow"
    Gobbos
    More Undead
    and Necrons

This will be fun.
    You have 1 basic unit and 5 gold (or 6 if you get a production bonus from your culture trait).

Send me a PM using the following format:

DISBAND
    [On round 1 you probably don't have to disband units, but later, use the following format if you need to]
    [Territory]: [x] basic units, [y] elite units
    Gold gained:

RALLY/BUILD
    [Territory]: [x] basic units, [y] elite units
    Total gold used:
    Gold left:

MOVE/ATTACK
    [On round 1, only the basic unit you get for free can attack unless you have the Reserve units trait. Remember to leave at least one unit behind so you don't lose the territory you're moving/attacking from]

[Territory] >>> [Territory]: [x] basic, [y] elite
    Last edited by Kensen; 2008-10-18 at 05:13 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Fantasy Wargame!

In the dry, windswept expanse of the Akbar Desert, something stirs. With a rumbling hiss and a metallic scream a huge sinkhole appears looking all the world like the gods pulled a plug and the entire desert would soon drain dry of sand. Soon filing this void, towering spires of bronze shoot up from the sands, arcs of red lighting jumping between them as the ancient generators once again produce the animating spark for the legion soon to come. When the commotion stops, the towering nickel-plated doors of the Primus Factorium open wide and four score and thirteen rust covered humanoid shapes march out, patina coated silver spears gleaming feebly in the harsh sun. Following them on seven legs of copper and gold crawls the Unchanging Fabricator himself, Valle Thorn. "This land is broken! Rotten! Decayed! I alone have the power and vision to remake this place into a work suitable for Lord Mechinus! My work begins now! Soon this wretched place will properly reflect the true nature of creation!"
    "I'll give you a 10 second head start; if I catch you, I eat you."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

PM sent. I'll be posting my RP and such once I know the results of my actions.
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

4. - Top - End - #4

Kort watched from a blood-soaked hill idly as his hordes decimated the last pockets of resistance that had banded together in an attempt to defeat him. He was glad that he chose this place, the farmers and commoners of this place were pathetically weak, and they buried their dead in a way that made it quite easy to procure 'fresh' soldiers. A grim smile formed on his skeletal features as a young boy charged up the corpse-strewn hill with a blooded scythe in his hands, admiring the boys determination, although pitying his idealism.

At a thought, his personal guard of the best made zombies parted to make way for him, one of the stragglers being neatly beheaded by the sharpened farming tool. As the boy ran closer and closer, Kort could see the anger and hatred festering within the boy. He made no move to stop him even as he drew a few steps away from him. The young man faltered, unsure of what to do. Kort spoke, his whispering voice carrying a chilling reverb quality. Occasionally he stopped to draw in a rattling breath, the Lich transformation not quite yet complete.

Do you not wish to... Strike me down? Your friends below are... Gone now, you will get no second chance... Take revenge for how you have been... Wronged?

The youth hesitated, fear in his eyes.

Pathetic.

With a wave of his hand the skeletal figure sent the boy sprawling into the battleground among the corpses, his undying footsoldiers quickly swarming and destroying him. The old Lich reviewed his troops quickly.

Ha! Not one of them... Destroyed. Pathetic Humans.

We are finished with... this place, but we will not survive... alone. I have scryed on... what we will be... facing, and have determined a possible... ally.

Kort turned his back on the scene of carnage about him, as the Fleshrender Zombies feasted on the flesh of those too mutilated for reanimation.

My revenge dawns. Prepare for war.
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-10-22 at 08:18 AM.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Question. Do we gain five gold for the one province we control during first turn... or is that the five gold we're starting with? I'm guessing the later, but you never know.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

The Jernfjell Mountains are alive with the sound of music and song, but these are no quiet melodies on the harp, nor wild joyful jigs on the pipes. The Gryphonai sing of war as they forge great two-handed swords, spears with ironwood shafts, and bows of Gryphsteel.

The Oathbound come to Stryka's temple, swearing to bring honor to his name as they go to defend, not to murder. The pioneers bring their picks and their ironwood, as they ready to go to the Reekmuir Moors to open up a new mine beneath the rolling hills.

And as Kerrar-Tain swears bloody vengance upon the Druchii for their sins, the grim Gryphonai songs ringing throughout the mountains would bring a chill upon any Druchii warior.

Bring me thunder, bring me steel, bring me coat of iron mail,
    Bring me diamond heart and will, and let my courage never fail!
    Bring the lightning to my sword, lashing living in my hand,
    And bring warning to the horde that here the Gryphonai stand!

A storm is coming.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

From the dark waters of the sea, they came. A towering, black juggernaut of stone and steel... The black ark, Har Ganath... a terrible fortress kept afloat by darkest magics, drawn from the gates of chaos itself. Massive sea beasts swam about the ark as it loomed over the frigid coat of Formosa... like a visage of doom. From the ark came ships by the dozen, filled with creatures both fair and cruel... graceful and brutal... demons given pale flesh and delicate features. The Druchii... dark elves to the uneducated... were a story told by many human families as a warning to children. It was said the Druchii were slavers and beasts, who served a god of blood and murder and relished little more than the suffering of others. In the name of their bloody god, Khaine, they offered sacrifices of their slaves. Those not slain upon the alter were put to work in hard, brutal labor to fuel the armies of the Druchii as they expanded ever onwards.

--------------

{Placeholder post... until I know the results of my first turn.)
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

8. - Top - End - #8

In a tall tower on the Isle of Gods, an old elf awakened from a magical slumber. How long had it been? Ten years? One hundred years? One thousand years? It hardly mattered, the only thing he cared to know was why he had been roused from his sleep. He rubbed his weary eyes and started reciting arcane words in an ancient language.

The water in a large pool before him began to rise, forming a vortex that danced and spun and seemed engulf the elf and everything in the room. But the vortex quickly steadied into an vertical column that shimmered blue and allowed the elf to see lands far away.

The column of water nearly collapsed as a black ark came to view; the elf gasped and cursed and willed the scrying pool to show him another place. He saw a horde of mindless undead slaughtering humans in Annfwyn. The elf could not believe his eyes.

The pool showed him a tribe of goblins, a coven of witch-vampires, a marching formation of machines, dough golems (he chuckled a bit at this point), an army of animated suits of armor, and finally, a tribe of eagle-headed humanoids.

He looked out a window and grimaced. It was still there, only it looked much larger than the last time he had seen it.

There was nothing he could do... except wait.

OOC:

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyAngel View Post
    Question. Do we gain five gold for the one province we control during first turn... or is that the five gold we're starting with? I'm guessing the later, but you never know.
    The latter. You only have 5 (or 6) gold to spend on the first round.

Last edited by Kensen; 2008-10-18 at 01:39 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Shuuraac Okaan watches over his tribe in the marshes. Last night, he had made a decision to leave his homelands for the first time known. He sent out a summon, gathering his armies. Through the night they sung the war-songs of the ancestors and asked their gods for guidance. This morning they had made the war-time sacrifices, and the first wave of armies set out. Shuuraac Okaan watches them leave, confident that they will survive and conquer. He looks down at the message he had received from the strange bird like people. He reads it once again, before laughing and tossing it in his fire. Shuuraac Okaan goes where he wishes, as does the Dekaan or Daan Ghakec clan.

[will insert more after I learn the success of my first turn.]
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2008-10-19 at 09:33 PM.

Go Tigers!

10. - Top - End - #10

The door of the chamber of the old elf opened. Instinctively, the elf launched a magical lightning bolt from his fingertips at the creature entering the room. "They dare send assassins!" the elf cursed under his breath. The short humanoid creature was reduced to a pile of charred flesh and bone, and a smell reminiscent of meat pastries filled the air. "No no no no, don't kill us great Aldebaraan! We are not assassins!" screamed another similar, short creature standing at the door, waving his hands franctically in the air.

"Gnomes?"

"Yessur! Gnomes! Biffit!", he said, pointing at himself, "Neffin", he said, pointing at another gnome behind him, "and Jeffin", pointing at the charred heap that had formerly been a gnome.

"He should have knocked first!"

The gnomes exchanged incredulous looks and burst out laughing. "He should have knocked first!" Biffit reiterated. "And they told me you had no sense of humor!"

"They? Who? And what are you doing in my tower? How did you get past that... thing?"

"Your employers of course! You, great historian Aldebaraan, shall record the events that are about to transpire," the gnome said, trying to imitate a low, deep voice, which made the other gnome giggle.

The elf gave a resigned sigh. "Of course... and you are their messengers."

"Messengers, yessur! Don't kill the messenger!" Biffit said with a wink and both gnomes cracked up.

"Alright. Figures. You may go now. Dismissed. And take your friend with you," Aldebaraan said, wincing at the thought of cleaning up the mess himself.

"Oh no sir! We are here also to help you! They know you cannot leave the tower, and they thought we three could help you with the task at hand and keep you company since you have been here alone for such a long time."

The elf thought about incinerating the gnomes with a spell but he dismissed the thought as he considered the smell that Jeffin had left behind.

"Alright, let's get to work!"

OOC:

I started an OOC thread.

11. - Top - End - #11

ROUND 1 ENDS!

Summary of events in the Year of Gathering Storms (Year 1 of Third Age)

The Gryphonai, the proud bird-people of Jernfjell Mountains opened a mine in Reekmuir, or "smoky moor" in the language of the local sheep herders. The natives regarded the newcomers with fear and suspicion initially, but learned to trust them and trade relations have been established between the Gryphonai and the Reekmuir humans. The mine is now fully operational.

The undead legions of lich king Kort the Defiler have invaded Alesia. The ranks of his army swell rapidly. Human commoners seem to make excellent zombies. The productivity of the Alesians has actually risen since the arrival of Kort; now they work day and night.

The goblins of the Chernobog marshes have conquered Dunkelwald. Only small groups of elves, centaurs and fey folk were living there. Some were slaughtered or captured by the goblins, while most of them just went to hiding deeper in the forest. The goblins seem to enjoy felling trees enormously. Most of the time they seem to be doing it just for fun, but they have also found ways to build traps, better weapons and even houses using the abundant natural resources of the territory. Impressive.

The White Seekers have been quiet. I've scryed on them on several occasions but nothing seems to be happening in their ruined castle in Alava. Perhaps I'll send one of the gnomes to investigate.

The dough golems have advanced to the north, claiming the territory of Gladius hills. Fascinating creatures. Is their leader also an animated bakery product, I wonder.

The Druchii have conquered Nahuatl. A tribe of primitive, lizard-riding halflings fought the invaders using hit-and-run tactics, but their resistance lasted for only three days. Wakka, the chosen one of the sun deity that the halflings revere, surrendered to the Druchii and the halflings were enslaved. Their appearance is disturbingly similar to that of my race. I intend to find out if my kin shares a common heritage with them.

The sentient machines originating from the Akbar desert are on the move. They attacked the witch-vampires of Delioncourt'e. Their determination fascinates me. A bold move indeed. I shall write a more detailed report when Biffit returns from Rusalka.

OOC:

Spoiler
    Show

I'll send you your reports for round 1 soon, and we'll get to see how the battle in Rusalka goes..!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

The vampires of De'lioncoutre (who are not witches, just Cheese mongers according to 3.5)
    fought back voraciously sending in wedge formations of vampire spawn on the exterior with the Elite Incantrix on the interior while a swecond formation used their superior knowldge of the forest to form a Pincer manuever around the spear wielding intruders, and even went as far as to chop down trees to box in the armies that had been sent before attacking them brutally with waves of arcane destruction, and vollleys of arrows.

13. - Top - End - #13

A unit of Perfected swarmengines engages a group of Vampire spawn guarding their headquarters, in the forest of Rusalka.

Who's going to win? The mechanical wonders of the Immaculate March or the merciless undead of Delioncourt'e?

Spoiler
    Show

Swarmengines: (1d6+2)[8]
    Vampire spawn: (1d6)[5]

Tie-breaker (if needed): (1d2)[1]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kensen View Post
    A unit of Perfected swarmengines engages a group of Vampire spawn guarding their headquarters, in the forest of Rusalka.

Who's going to win? The mechanical wonders of the Immaculate March or the merciless undead of Delioncourt'e?

Spoiler
    Show

Swarmengines: [roll0]
    Vampire spawn: [roll1]

Tie-breaker (if needed): [roll2]
    ?_?
    I have homefield, and elite Units.
    Why am I suffering?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: FF_Fanboy, there is a thread for that kinda chatter - the Warlords' Lounge.

The vicious direwolves of the Reekmuir keep the Oathbound busy, and they dare not leave their posts to fight the Druchii yet. Meanwhile, forges in the Jernfjell are doubling their production to armor the greatest warriors the Gryphonai have - the Chosen of Stryka.

Run, goblins, run.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

16. - Top - End - #16

The Immaculate March has destroyed Delioncourt'e!!!

Map updated! Round 2 begins! Round 2 ends on Friday at noon (EST).

OOC:

Spoiler
    Show

FF fanboy posted his actions after I had revealed the outcome of round 1. For this reason, I ruled that his tribe took no actions on round 1, which in turn meant that he had only the basic unit to defend Rusalka. I was a bit hasty to end round 1, but that was because I assumed that FF fanboy had withdrawn from the game. My mistake, and I'm sorry that mistake led to the destruction of his tribe. Anyway, this discussion belongs to the Warlords' Lounge...

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kensen View Post
    The Immaculate March has destroyed Delioncourt'e!!!

Map updated! Round 2 begins! Round 2 ends on Friday at noon (EST).

OOC:

Spoiler
    Show

FF fanboy posted his actions after I had revealed the outcome of round 1. For this reason, I ruled that his tribe took no actions on round 1, which in turn meant that he had only the basic unit to defend Rusalka. I was a bit hasty to end round 1, but that was because I assumed that FF fanboy had withdrawn from the game. My mistake, and I'm sorry that mistake led to the destruction of his tribe. Anyway, this discussion belongs to the Warlords' Lounge...
    Well this sucked considering I never saw any links what so ever, and only responded once I had a PM./

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

The report of the battle of Dunkelwald:
    [spoiler]
    The battle started as most do, with the "twang" of bowstrings and the death of enemies. Our archers quickly destroyed the first band of inhabitants, a mix of fey races. Quickly we spread out and worked through the forest, raining silent death upon those we found. Within 2 days, the forest was ours, and we have begun construction of the first buildings today.
    [spoiler]

Shuuraac Okaan smiles as he hears his general's reports of their conquest of the forest. He takes a bite into the leg of the odd bird that his men had shot down, and laughed as he remembered its threat. Come one little birds. My goblins need more target practice, and you make such an excellent stew. He leaned back and ordered more assassins into the field. He would meet these birds head on, and the goblins would survive, as they always have.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2008-10-22 at 07:10 AM.

Go Tigers!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

The Druchii invasion of Nahuatl! Spoilered for length and mild violence.

Spoiler
    Show
    There was naught but a dull thud and a spray of crimson across the druchii's pale face as he seperated the halfling's head from his shoulders with one sweep of his Draich. A second rider lunged for him with it's spear, shrieking what he was certain it believed to be a warcry. Sweeping aside swiftly, Tallis allowed the blow to glance off his armored shoulderpad before he shifted his weight and brought his weapon around in a wide arc, shearing both the lizard-creature that the halfling used as a mount... and the rider's leg. The crippled halfling fell to the ground in a heap, screaming.

Around him, the battle was all but over. The halflings had fallen back twice already from the relentless Druchii assault. Each time, they harried their attackers with spears and slings as they went, though the weak weapons accomplished little. Relentlessly, the dark elves had pursued them... finally finding the last of their warriors and pressing them into one last, desperate battle.

Warriors? He scoffed at the idea that these small creatures could be considered warriors. With cold eyes, Tallis stood over the fallen rider. It looked at it's wounded leg in shock and horror. The limb was broken and torn, held to the rest of him only barely. Even if tended to... the creature would never walk again.

Fear filled it's eyes as it looked up at him, then back to the small band that it and it's fellows had been trying to guard. Already his soldiers were gathering the survivors and placing them in chains. Small slaves were worth little... but they could fuel his war efforts, at the very least. As his men led the new slaves away, he saw his victim's gaze fall upon one of the young males.

"Pappa!" The young halfing yelled, trying to pull itself free. The druchii warrior nearest it lashed the boy hard several times before he would fall to the ground and stop, blood pouring from it's back.

"Please.... spare my son." The fallen rider begged. "He is too young yet to work or hold a blade."

"Have you no dignity, vermin?" Tallis said coldly, "Forswear your gods and beg me, and I will spare him the slow death of a slave."

The crippled rider looked desperately to his son for but a moment... knowing he had not the strength to fight any longer. Slowly and painfully, he pulled himself to his one good knee, and for his son... begged.

"Anything..." The halfling spoke, "I beg you... I forsake my god... I forsake my life. I forsake anything you wish... just please..."

The halfling's last words were cut off in a gurgle of blood as the draich came down on it's neck. The boy screamed out in horror, but was quickly silenced by a blow to his head from the druchii warrior holding him.

"Pathetic thing. I loathe nothing more than a creature without pride." Tallis spoke callously, hefting his blade and laying it across one shoulder.

"Well done, master." The warrior spoke, a cruel smile of his own spread across his lips. "What shall be done with the boy? To the slave pens?"

"No. I gave my word to this... creature... that he would not be worked to death amongst the slaves. Take him to the witches. He shall be sacrificed in the name of Khaine." Tallis spoke as he cleaned his blade. "I am nothing if not a man of my word."

With a bow, the soldier carried off his young captive, leaving Tallis a moment alone. Pulling his helm from his head, he let the wind take his hair and allowed himself a cruel smile. This was only the beginning...

For the non-warhammer educated... a Draich is a greatsword-type weapon used by a branch of the dark elves for executions. Also, for the interested... I have a picture of Tallis and his mistress, Serafima. I liked it so much, it's the home-piece of my site!

http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion/f...age/index.html

20. - Top - End - #20

The Subjugation of Alesia

Kort stood impassively in front of the gates of the last stronghold of Alesia. Resistance in the Plains had been weak, the farmers and villagers had heard tales of conflict at best. Still, he applauded their tenacity in raising even this, meager fortification. The wooden palisades around the human camp were still freshly cut, barely finished even as he had arrived. The few amateur archers were quickly dispatched, before they did any real harm. The legion of Fleshrender Zombies Kort had taken with him to assault the peaceful region stood shakily behind him, silently.

A young human male climbed a ladder down from the palisade, dressed in some crude leathers. Kort watched the boy silently as he approached him.

"The people of Oakendale wish to know what the terms are that you demand for our surrender. Please, we wish no more senseless violence!

The old Necromancer looked back at his army, then past the youth, towards the gates.

The conditions for your... Surrender?

A low hacking sound emerged from the Lich, steadily growing louder. With a look of dawning horror, the young man took an involuntary step backward, realising that the Undead horror was laughing. Kort extended a hand towards the reinforced wooden gate, looking straight into the young boys face.

Die!

The wooden gates were ripped from their foundations, spinning off into the hastily constructed camp, crushing militia and destroying tents. The Undead Horde spilled into the camp, slaughtering all within, even as horrified soldiers struggled to comprehend what had transpired. Kort turned away from the youth as a Zombie tackled him, ignoring his terrified screams, mingling with those of the soldiers and refugees inside the palisade.

A whistling wind made the old Liches clothes billow behind him as he walked away. It carried a deadly chill to it, but Kort didn't feel the cold.

He didn't feel anything.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

The Perfected Swarmengines for all their hidden power were remarkably simple machines. Each of the sixty four produced was a seventeen foot cube of rose gold, the amalgamation of copper and gold which would reveal them to be, like Valle Thorn, members of the Maker and Master castes; if anyone but Valle Thorn or his creations knew the metallurgical hierarchy. Each floated, silently motivated by whatever ancient power created them, and spread out across the sands before settling down onto the dunes whereupon each of them stayed still. Moments later the deafening crack of thunder echoed across the sands a thousand thousand times as each lanced out tendrils of crimson lighting, here and there, annihilating the surrounding arid landscape in a display as confusing as it was loud. The reason for their actions became quickly clear when they reached the walls of the Delioncourt'e encampment. Amid a volley of arcane and mundane missiles, each split itself open revealing the cubes to be hollow, but not empty. Each spewed forth nearly uncountable thousands* of tiny glass creatures, each uniquely beautiful and deadly. In the glinting moonlight, the night spawn fell to the sparkling wave. For a moment, all was quiet. Then the Swarmengines began to refill their ranks.

*Exactly fifteen thousand six hundred and twenty five creatures per Swarmengine.
    Last edited by Sacrath; 2008-10-22 at 05:50 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Let it be known that the TarakTarak Prairie is under Kort's protection. Woe to they who step one foot inside its borders!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

The De`Linocoutres chuckled as they saw the Immaculates swarm their imaginary decoys, and sipped their wine calmly from their seat high up in the Reeekmui morrs while they rallied their incatrixes, and their vampire spawn in case of attack.
    Spoiler
    Show

Buying a single spawn leaving me with two gold m,adn then I gain three for not beign attakced... back up to five!
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-10-24 at 03:35 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

"Uh oh!" said Neffin, the less talkative one of Aldebaraan's gnome aides. Neffin was standing by one of the large windows in Aldebaraan's study, watching the creature outside the tower.

"What is it, Neffin?" the elf asked.

"Uh oh!"

The distressed expression on Neffin's face told Aldebaraan that something was wrong. He walked up to the gnome and looked out of the window. His heart skipped a beat or two.

It was moving. It had awakened.
    Last edited by Kensen; 2008-10-23 at 05:26 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Firbolg in the Playground

It was a bright sunny day when the head baker of the Pillsbury people sent off the most freshly baked to frolic in the hills to the north. They went with smiles on their faces and after a weeks frolicking started to set up the ovens near a nice stream.

Mood of the Pillsbury People:
    Last edited by Emperor Tippy; 2008-10-23 at 10:10 AM.
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

To make the Messengers Valle Thorn did not use the Primus Factorium or its newly constructed subsidiary. To make such temporary tools aware of their existence would be cruel and inefficient. So it was clockwork and springs that motivated the flying cylinders of tin. Upon arriving at each of the armies approximate locations the Messengers would roll themselves heavily across the ground imprinting the following message till they unwound or hit an obstruction:

"Let it be known that The Ultimate Expression of Gears in Motion has claimed the Isle of the Gods as the centerpiece of his Great Work as expressed by the Conquest of Creation through his servant The Unchanging Fabricator. Any who chose to interfere with the aforementioned Great Work will invite the wrath of the aforementioned servant. That is all."

27. - Top - End - #27

Round 2 ends!

Neffin was sitting in a chair far too big for him, swinging his legs and whistling a tune. He hardly paid attention to Aldebaraan, who was placing wooden miniatures of different colors on a map.

The elf rubbed his chin, wondering if the goblins and the vicious Druchii elves had coordinated their attacks together, or if it was mere coincidence that both were attacking the territories held by Kort the lich king. Either way, it looked like Kort was in trouble. The Gryphonai had not attacked the goblins despite their threats, and the enigmatic White Seekers remained in their northern domain.

Spoiler
    Show

Tribe of the Many has conquered the Gongmol Steppe!

Tribe of the Many has attacked Kort's forces in the Annfwyn Meadows!

The Druchii have attacked Alesia!

The Druchii and Kort's Unbreathing Legions are fighting in the Taraktarak Prairie!

In the south, the Impeccable March had spread across a vast area from Lakedaimon to the eastern reaches of the continent. The words of Valle Thorn were echoing in his head. Would he be able to carry out his threats?

Spoiler
    Show

The Impeccable March has conquered the Jungle of Torakami!

The Impeccable March has conquered the Oases of Lilitu!

The Impeccable March has conquered the Savanna of Devakali!

Pillsbury doughboys and the machines of the Impeccable March are fighting in the Lakedaimon Valley!

OOC:

Spoiler
    Show

I'm posting the battle reports soon!
    Last edited by Kensen; 2008-10-24 at 02:51 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

The Battle of Lakedaimon

Near the ruins of an ancient amphitheater, the forces of Pillsbury and the Impeccable March met and did battle.

Spoiler
    Show

Pillsbury
    1 unit of Pop'n'Fresh
    (1d6)[1]

The Immaculate March
    1 unit of Fabricant Earthclaimers
    (1d6)[6]

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[1]

The Battle of Taraktarak

In the windy prairie of Taraktarak, the Druchii mercilessly attacked the undead legions of Kort.

Spoiler
    Show

Druchii warriors
    (1d6)[2]

Fleshrenders
    (1d6)[2]

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[1]

The Battle of Alesia

On the golden fields of Alesia, a massive force of zombie farmers and masters of undeath fought the Druchii.

Spoiler
    Show

Druchii warriors
    #1: (1d6)[5]
    #2: (1d6)[5]

Fleshrenders
    #1: (1d6)[4]
    #2: (1d6)[2]
    #3: (1d6)[6]

Dread necromancers
    (1d6+2)[6]

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[2]

Battle of Annfwyn

The sneaky skirmishing goblins attacked Kort's zombies in Annfwyn and the meadows turned blood red...

Spoiler
    Show

Agaar archers (skirmishing)
    (1d6+1)[5]

Fleshrenders
    (1d6)[2]

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[1]

29. - Top - End - #29

Map updated! (See the link in my sig!) I'll start sending reports for round 3 soonish!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Kerrar-Tain, Llyan, Sarend, Crystalwing and Ertor shook their heads as their scouts reported. The Westfold overrun - the blasphemous Cult of Mechanus winning the Southfold - the Goblins ruling the Northfold.

It was time to make a move - now! The Northfold and the Westfold would be free, but the Southfold and Eastfold must be abandoned to the Cult of Mechanus. A meagre price to pay for the safety and sanctity of the Northwest.

Llyan and Crystalwing were ordered west, to prepare the Moors. Sarend and Ertor returned to the kallethor with the miners and the priests, nearly ready to wreak havoc upon the Goblins.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show