New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

I miss the cold. I live in Oklahoma, where we frequently have triple-digit Summers (not as bad as some other places, but still terrible) and I love any cold weather, the colder, the better.

I know people say, "try living where its cold" but no, everytime I visit Indiana during the Winter, I am delighted to enjoy the cold weather out there.

I guess it boils down to me enjoying Warming up more than Cooling off, if that makes sense.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

So, when are you gonna write that fic about me? *poke poke*
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

I can't stand heat (meaning, anything above 290K), I feel like my skin is burning off.

While at 260K, I'll gladly go out in shorts and a shirt, and enjoy the weather.

Especially if it's snowing.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

4. - Top - End - #664
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Aaaaaah, my hands are so, indescribably cold. Stupid, stupid attic not being warm or having insulation or you know, heat. Then again, nowhere in this house has heating.
    But what they say about heat rising is absolutely false! It makes it to the first floor and stays there, freezing the ground and top floors.
    I whacked my middle finger, and the one to the right of it on my right hand against the wall and was in absolute agony for ten minutes.
    That was oh, two hours twenty five minutes ago. Still hurts like crazy. Mum says that things hurt worse in the cold, so I guess that means it's ridiculously cold up here.
    The fridge felt warm!
    The fridge!
    One of my friends has really cold hands. It's weird. In her place, I would sneak up on people and grab people to freak them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

My hands are always very, very cold. My right hand especially, for some reason. Aches some of the time, too.
    A curse on these frozen digits of mine!
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Firbolg in the Playground

P'raps we've all got poor circulation on account of not going outside and constantly tiptaptapping at our keyboards day in, day out?
    Especially us Brits and West Europeans on account of the miserable weather we have.
    It was hailing earlier. With hail. That was cold. And icy tasting.
    In October.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    So, when are you gonna write that fic about me? *poke poke*
    I will work on it, just had to get that other fic I was working on out the door.

Null sweat, chummer!

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ettin in the Playground

I, on the other hand, radiate heat like a furnace. I'm comfortable walking around in shorts even when the temperature dips down around the 5-10 C mark. People who sit next to me often say that it feels like they're boiling.
    Last edited by FoE; 2008-10-27 at 05:11 PM.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ettin in the Playground

I hate the heat. I prefer a constant 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Then I go under the covers.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    *nods*

If someone shows up wearing inappropriate clothing where I work, my supervisor will send them home to change. Seriously, there's just some places where 'short little skirts' and the like are a bad idea. Safety > looking good. Too bad it doesn't sound like catching a ride home to change was an option for your friend, groundhog22.

Of course, no one spends much time considering the possibility of being hurt at work when they're picking out what to wear. Well, almost nobody does; exceptions being police, firemen, anyone in the armed forces, some personnel in the mental health/social work fields (being assaulted by a client is a constant risk where I work), etc.
    Yeah, well, that was the problem. My school didn't tell us what we were going to be doing during that community service slot, let alone give us time to go back to the dorm and change into more suitable clothes. But afterwards we all complained to the powers that were, so then they made sure to warn us about such things.
    My commiepuppy was a gift from BRC

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

I made my avatar. If you want to see other stuff I made, click here.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, how do I study for a test that I have in latin, without understanding any latin?

12. - Top - End - #672

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Okay, how do I study for a test that I have in latin, without understanding any latin?
    Fake knowing it, then imitate yourself to double that bonus.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

Learn random phrases!
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oregano View Post
    Learn random phrases!
    Wont work, it's primarily grammar...

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

ooo..damn, is it an important test?
    My new website/blog:

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

If its just something like x means y, then you can just utilize flash cards.

If not, cram like you have never crammed before!

17. - Top - End - #677
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

If it's a test, one should assume it's important. I suggest just having a long session of studying and then using all the free time from now to the class.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    If it's a test, one should assume it's important. I suggest just having a long session of studying and then using all the free time from now to the class.
    pfft, not all tests are important, I used that fact to surprise my english teacher when my final practice test for English Lit GCSE was a really low E and then two days later I got a borderline B/C on the actual exam, without revision!
    My new website/blog:

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ettin in the Playground

Meh, not really. I'm just kinda pissed that in my second year of Latin I still DON'T UNDERSTAND LATIN!

Least favorite subject...

20. - Top - End - #680

Meh, not really. I'm just kinda pissed that in my second year of Latin I still DON'T UNDERSTAND LATIN!

Find some chanting monks. There's a chance they know what they're chanting, now you know how to say something!
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

I was like that in French, I never understood it even though it looks kind of simple at first glance.
    My new website/blog:

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I'm still likely to get the highest score in our pitiful class of FIVE.

The teacher is French, and I don't think he knows all the inticricies of the English language (read: vulgar words) and my classmates take advantage of that.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Find some chanting monks. There's a chance they know what they're chanting, now you know how to say something!
    Sacro sanctus domine
    Donna eis requiem...

*Slaps head with a table*
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ettin in the Playground

My little brothers will NOT STOP ROUGHHOUSING! They are running around and slamming doors and driving me CRAZY! UP THE WALL! MAD! The oldest is six feet tall and always forgets he's not a little kid who can wrestle with his brothers anymore. The youngest is 4 and ALWAYS ends up getting hurt...the middle is 11 and yells a lot.

Usually we get along well.

But this is driving me MAD.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    My little brothers will NOT STOP ROUGHHOUSING! They are running around and slamming doors and driving me CRAZY! UP THE WALL! MAD! The oldest is six feet tall and always forgets he's not a little kid who can wrestle with his brothers anymore. The youngest is 4 and ALWAYS ends up getting hurt...the middle is 11 and yells a lot.

Usually we get along well.

But this is driving me MAD.
    Ah... I miss those youthful days of roughhousing...

You will never understand, Dragonrider

26. - Top - End - #686
    Bugbear in the Playground

The boys in my family don't stop roughhousing, ever. Even though one's 20 years old, and the other's 16. It's pretty funny, actually. Mostly because Krimm wins the wrestling matches every time.
    They don't slam doors, though. if they did, there would be no doors in this house because I would've removed them all.

But it's not funny when I get pinched. That's not very mature, but I get pinched. By Krimm, the oldest. Pinched.
    And I'm the youngest.
    "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."

-Abraham Lincoln
    Love wins.
    my blog.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh the boys fighting for fun thing will continue for a while dragon rider. Hell me and my friends do it all the time. It's not really been a good D&D session until we've had to go outside and beat the crap out of each other to take the edge off of our caffeine highs .

So have fun dealing with that for another ten to 16 years or so dragon .
    Alexi Laiho Avatar by Mr._Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Sephiroth and Arthuai
    [CENTER]Sepiroth avatars by Ink
    Arthuai by Mr_Saturn
    Alexi Laiho by Mr_Saturn

I have a metal blog thing now, check it out

Quote Originally Posted by D'anna Biers View Post
    MOTHER NATURE IS LIKE A REAL MOTHER. IN THAT SHE SECRETELY HATES YOU AND NEVER LETS YOU GO OUT WITH YOUR HOODLUM FRIENDS.
    You can't kill the metal, metal will live on! \m/

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zeratul View Post
    Oh the boys fighting for fun thing will continue for a while dragon rider. Hell me and my friends do it all the time. It's not really been a good D&D session until we've had to go outside and beat the crap out of each other to take the edge off of our caffeine highs .

So have fun dealing with that for another ten to 16 years or so dragon .
    We used to have boxing matches (with regulation boxing gloves) to see who got to ride shotgun when we would go out to eat!

29. - Top - End - #689
    Bugbear in the Playground

Then why don't you just drop it already?

Also… 20/20 FTW!
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Then why don't you just drop it already?
    One Word: College resume...

Wait...