New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

Ah...we're discussing the the pantheon again?

*thinks fondly back to the original gitp pantheon of 4 years ago*

That was a fun time, competing for worshipers, Scorpina's and my priests battling one another.

Anyway, it has been well established that I am the goddess of dessert. Although originally my title was the Goddess of joy, merriment and pudding, which was later expanded to include all forms of dessert. I'm loaning Castaras the rights to pie.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Banned

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

radicalskippy: Wuss.

On deity: Hm. . .been the patron saint of nekkidness (sorry whatsyourname, but *hands on hips, index fingers dividing torso and thigh* you haven't got the equipment for it) and the object of cult worship, but that doesn't add up to deity, or even the status of planeswalker. CurlyKitGirl has offered documentation, which is good. Your work or written in your honor?

3. - Top - End - #903
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Eh; the Llama's a god there. Or was it Exy? One of them. Maybe both.
    Exy was a priest of Inari. Not a God in Town. The fox God was Fenric, who roleplayed Inari, Fenric, and Myobi.

All hail Lord Bushy-Tailed!

@'Larra - Thankye kindly. *bows*
    Last edited by Castaras; 2008-10-30 at 04:00 AM.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

4. - Top - End - #904
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Prolly stole 'em. Stupid paranoid coppers. As if you can't tell the difference between a zombie and a normalite.
    You *did* see the opening credits of "Shaun of the Dead", right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    My mood right now can best be summed up as: "Give me the @#*&ing DVD!"
    Alternatively, "I think someone bought me the Cloverfield DVD for my birthday"

God I have no patience.
    I like that film because you get to see self-absorbed hipsters being killed in hilariously stupid ways. It's like "Friends, the Monster Movie Edition".

♪♫ So no-one told you you were going to end up dead
    Stomped underfoot, a building dropped upon your head
    You're too stupid to flee danger when you see
    Your buddies' guts being torn horribly by giant monstrous fleas

Chorus: You'll be dead by dawn (when the hammerstrike falls)
    You'll be dead by dawn (squashed beneath falling walls)
    (etc) ♫♪

As for the current fad for self-apotheosis: the Cosmic Egg (highly chromed wielder of The Huevo COSMIC! cosmic cosmic) chuckles at the antics of the local wannabe godlings. It's like a chibi version of Kirby's "Fourth World" around here.

-----

ION: fashion + arty-farty photography + parrots actually = win. Who'd have thought it possible?

Spaniards voice support for Ross and Brand.
    From the article:
    "Señors Ross and Brand are the champions of every waiter who has ever served a table of drunken English tourists who find it amusing to answer all of his questions with 'Qué?' until one of them finally comes out with 'I'm so sorry, he's from Barcelona'."
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-10-30 at 06:13 AM.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    I like that film because you get to see self-absorbed hipsters being killed in hilariously stupid ways. It's like "Friends, the Monster Movie Edition".

♪♫ So no-one told you you were going to end up dead
    Stomped underfoot, a building dropped upon your head
    You're too stupid to flee danger when you see
    Your buddies' guts being torn horribly by giant monstrous fleas

Chorus: You'll be dead by dawn (when the hammerstrike falls)
    You'll be dead by dawn (squashed beneath falling walls)
    (etc) ♫♪
    Nice. Giant fleas, heh...

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm... I need to expand on my pantheon, to allow other time-users in.
    Soooo... I lay claim to... that... and that.... and this 'un, just for funsies.

I now ressurect myself as Kaelaroth, god of hope, apocalyptic alternate futures, and evil psions. Oh, and honey.
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    Hm...the scraping might creep me out a bit, who knows. As for the coral reef needing clear water, does that have more to do with the pH of the water or photosynthesis, do you know? I think I remember something about this from way back when I was a biology major, but I can't remember the specifics. (I ended up dropping biology to a minor because I didn't have time between my other classes and work to get much studying done; sociology was intuitive enough for me that I didn't need to study hard to do well.)
    Woooo, I get to exercise my new-found knowledge!
    Hokay, so. Corals are animals, but they have millions of microscopic algae living symbiotically in their tissues. These algae transfer some of the energy they photosynthesise to their host coral, and otherwise allow the coral to calcify (that is, grow their calcite skeleton) much faster than they would otherwise. Thus, yes, they need light for photosynthesis, but not for their own. On pH, it seems the corals, themselves, can actually effect the pH of the ocean. Also, apparently the coral-scraping is "like nails on a blackboard" to some people.

Screw being a god, too much responsibility. And if you have no responsibility, you end up being a jerk or a freak or both (I'm looking at you, Loki =.=).

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

We're having gods itP now?

...I have no idea what I could possibly be a god of. I'm not really god material.

And I'm kinda peeved. There's a kid in my PE class who gets mad at me because he ran into me. Throughout the class, he gets more and more violent towards me, so I tell the coach to keep an eye on him. By the end of the class, he's ready to start a fight.

He's about a foot and three quarters shorter than me, and three years younger.
    I do not, will not get into fights. Just plain stupid.

If he tries something, what the hell do I do? I've enough karate in me that I wouldn't lose, but that's not the point. I'm not gonna fight him. It's just stupid! He's getting wound up because I defend against him well in basketball. Why can't the kid just grow some brains?!

Gah. Idiot.
    This avatar by Phase.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ogre in the Playground

I just want to be the god that screw everything up for everything simply because he thinks its funny. I figured Reality TV would be the manifest antithesis of all the gods of more cultured things here.

I just feel like being a stinker.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Woooo, I get to exercise my new-found knowledge!
    Hokay, so. Corals are animals, but they have millions of microscopic algae living symbiotically in their tissues. These algae transfer some of the energy they photosynthesise to their host coral, and otherwise allow the coral to calcify (that is, grow their calcite skeleton) much faster than they would otherwise. Thus, yes, they need light for photosynthesis, but not for their own. On pH, it seems the corals, themselves, can actually effect the pH of the ocean. Also, apparently the coral-scraping is "like nails on a blackboard" to some people.
    I thought I remembered something about a coral/pH relationship. Thanks for the clarification! As for 'nails on a blackboard,' that sound never really bothered me for some reason. Actually, I've been known to be a bit of a RL-troll by being the jerk who scapes his nails on the board for the sole purpose of annoying others.

Screw being a god, too much responsibility. And if you have no responsibility, you end up being a jerk or a freak or both (I'm looking at you, Loki =.=).
    You can be a god with me in the eeeeeeeviiiiiiiiil pantheon, if you don't want much responsibility.

As the oh, god of cannibalism and antitheism, I pretty much just cruise around harrassing and ridiculing the other gods. Worshippers are soooo last millenium! You call that a holy symbol? I thought it was some kind of funky, cancerous growth. I'm the guy who replaces the ambrosia with demon poo when nobody's looking. When they're away, I sneak into their homes and jam saurkraut down their shower drains. If I ever get my hands on an atropal, one of them's gonna find it in their bed when they get home!

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    We're having gods itP now?

...I have no idea what I could possibly be a god of. I'm not really god material.

And I'm kinda peeved. There's a kid in my PE class who gets mad at me because he ran into me. Throughout the class, he gets more and more violent towards me, so I tell the coach to keep an eye on him. By the end of the class, he's ready to start a fight.

He's about a foot and three quarters shorter than me, and three years younger.
    I do not, will not get into fights. Just plain stupid.

If he tries something, what the hell do I do? I've enough karate in me that I wouldn't lose, but that's not the point. I'm not gonna fight him. It's just stupid! He's getting wound up because I defend against him well in basketball. Why can't the kid just grow some brains?!

Gah. Idiot.
    Reminds me of when I was in elementary school. A "friend" of mine and I were paired up one day when we were messing around with the 'scooter boards' (basically a square piece of wood with wheels on the corners). The jerk was pushing me in a race, but ended up shoving me right into the gym teacher! I ended up having to serve a detention for it while he got off scot-free.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-10-30 at 08:50 AM.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

I'm not sure if I can be a god.... who wants me as their Angel?

In other news, Programming went OK, apparently. Only one more exam to go... the hardest one. >.<

Does anyone know anything on the whole Java vs. C# thing?

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    I'm not sure if I can be a god.... who wants me as their Angel?
    Oooh! Oooh! I'll have as many angels as I can grabbity!

*gives Haruki a red, white, and gold robe* That's so you can be my angel of apocalyptic and sticky death.
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    Oooh! Oooh! I'll have as many angels as I can grabbity!

*gives Haruki a red, white, and gold robe* That's so you can be my angel of apocalyptic and sticky death.
    Canz I be an angel?

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Canz I be an angel?
    Done! *slaps a pair of pink wings on you, hands you a purple broken £3 fairy wand, endows you with superhuman power, and gives you some white robes*

You're my voice of inspiration. Go! Spread hope in my name!
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Canz I be an angel?
    *wonders where the attachment points for the burning wheels and three sets of wings would be on this oddly impractical humanoid design*

Can't stop visualising 2bit as a diTerlizzi modron now.

< knows what Loki Giantborn screamed in his tortured bondage 'neath Midgard:

Spoiler
    Show
    "I did it for lulz!
    I did it for lulz!
    I did it for lulz!"
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-10-30 at 11:57 AM.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

You know, Loki as portrayed in the Edda wasn't really such a bad guy. He wasn't good, but he certainly wasn't evil, nor a jerk.

He wasn't such a good friend of the gods for nothing after all (He wasn't actually a god either)
    Last edited by InaVegt; 2008-10-30 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Forgot two vital words
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

*wonders where the attachment points for the burning wheels and three sets of wings would be on this oddly impractical humanoid design*

Can't stop visualising 2bit as a diTerlizzi modron now.
    Is it awesome or sad that I catch that reference?

18. - Top - End - #918
    Halfling in the Playground

Patron saint of teenage boys who dream about one day being a hero, patron saint of anybody who wants to punch Petyr Baelish in the face and cut Sansa some slack, patron saint of teenagers who are gay, or straight for Zack Fair.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RightHandless View Post
    patron saint of anybody who wants to punch Petyr Baelish all the surviving Starks in the face
    Change to ^ and you're on. They're annoying beyond all reason and I see why Jon Snow considered moving to a frozen warzone preferable to living with them.

Bran and Hodor, yesterday:
    Spoiler
    Show

"I'm a knight!"
    "Hodor?"

With thanks to Finish the Book George
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-10-30 at 03:26 PM.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

"I'm a knight!"
    "Hodor?"

With thanks to Finish the Book George
    Class theme, I just realised he looks like a big daddy in that suit, well kind-of.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd be a terrible God >.<

Far too chaotic, and far, far too pliable. Plus, i'd probably spend all my time perving on the other gods.

So, what does the playground think thier domains would be?
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ettin in the Playground

curls and cranberry sauce?

Uhhh....

Spiral, Conditioner, Stickiness, and Thanksgiving.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

Pop Culture (The ruiner of all!) Reality TV, Uwe Boll movies...

If I were a god, for realz, people would hate me because I would do all kinds of things just to see what would happen...

"Hmm... I wonder what a hurricane in London would do..." (I can't imagine you get terribly many of those...
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-10-30 at 03:50 PM.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

Chaos is definitely a domain of mine. That and impulse. I'd be the same as TwoBit, I think - "Oh! Hey! Monsooooon in cornwall! And oh wow, man, look at the great barrier reef! Shrimp attacks! And let's like, Make london into a flower garden..." - It'd be like that, but get worse.

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphale View Post
    I'd be the same as TwoBit
    I wouldn't be quite as pervy though...

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

To be pervy is to be Godly. You seen the Greek pantheon?

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

I am quite familiar with the Greco-Roman pantheon, and they all act like spoiled adolescents. Hell... its hard to find ANY Polytheistic system where the gods aren't acting like a group of total D-bags.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

Norse? They're not that bad, if you discount Loki.

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphale View Post
    Norse? They're not that bad, if you discount Loki.
    ...and transvestite Thor
    ...and Odin (he was a right player sometimes)
    ...and the whole Aegir and Ran(?) thing (nine sisters? Result!)
    ...and a bunch of the guys whose idea of entertainment is throwing axes at Baldur and watching them veer off

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ettin in the Playground

Zeus tricked his sister into marrying him.
    And then cheated on her.
    Many times.
    *shakes head*
    I don't get these people. But I guess that if you're a god, the dating pool (as far as producing more gods goes) is pretty limited.