New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Well. A spider just came floating down right in front of me, then proceeded to crawl back up to the ceiling on his web. Now he's just sitting up there, not doing much, so I guess he just wanted to say hi.

And I'm currently listening to Oingo Boingo, so I guess we're both getting into the Halloween spirit.
    Did you say hi back to him/her?
    Heh, I always find it amusing when animals act that way. I guess I'm amuse— I know I'm amused easily.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-10-31 at 03:29 PM.
    This avatar by Phase.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

I'm easy to amuse as well, it comes from working in an office and being bored all day.

Speaking of being at work, where the heck is Cristo? I haven't seen him in RB all day!

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

Hallowe'en has had a lot of meanings to a lot of different cultures. I believe a lot of the traditions were originally Celtic, possibly some Druidic as well. Everyone adds to it. Masks to scare away evil spirits, Jack o' Lanterns for, I believe, much the same reason. The Mexicans have the Day of the Dead, All Hallows Eve is... England, I think. Could be wrong on that one. Now, of course, it's all about putting up decorations, dressing up in silly costumes and eating loads of candy.

Not that I'm complaining. Furthermore, I obviously watch far too much TV on this sort of thing.

v: yeah, that's what it was called! That would be the 'originally Celtic' bit of this post.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2008-10-31 at 03:57 PM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't forget Samhain! It's Celtic I believe.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Hallowe'en has had a lot of meanings to a lot of different cultures. I believe a lot of the traditions were originally Celtic, possibly some Druidic as well.
    I'm pretty sure druids are just the priestly members of the Celtic culture, so wouldn't Druidic just be Celtic anyway?

On the subject of Halloween, tonight has had a great turn-out. We've had zero Trick-or-Treaters which is just the way I like it!

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oregano View Post
    Don't forget Samhain! It's Celtic I believe.
    My english teacher decided to take today to explain Halloween. Trick or Treat is blackmail!

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    My english teacher decided to take today to explain Halloween. Trick or Treat is blackmail!
    Yep what do you think the trick part was about?
    My new website/blog:

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    @ Thufir: Friends, right?
    What?
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    What?
    The sad fic that I wrote about you and Curly. No hard feelings?

10. - Top - End - #1060

Of course not. All's fair in shipping and... what would be the equivalent for war? Wargaming maybe?
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

Thats good.

And its time to leave work, so everyone have a happy and safe Halloween (or whatever you happen to call it)

And for those for whom the holiday is ending, I hope you enjoyed it!

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Banned

Gezina complaining about the import of evil. I thought I'd never see the day.

Our local Tesco has a hand-lettered notice near the dairy department, reading "We reserve the right to refuse sales of eggs". Given how unseasonably nippy the temperature is, I expect there'll be more bonfires than egg-flingers this year anyhow. I had to shower when I returned home to get the smoke out of my hair, yet I passed no bonfires--the joys of descending into the valley, and the soot layer, to get to the shopping center.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doihaveaname? View Post
    I'm pretty sure druids are just the priestly members of the Celtic culture, so wouldn't Druidic just be Celtic anyway?
    Could be. It's been a while since I last looked at this stuff. 2 years, at least. Either way, the Celts and Druids were involved.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it's 21:51, and I have yet to have a Trick-or-Treater at the door. This is good. Can't have them wasting the doorbell battery.

I will not answer the door, no matter how much the door might ring. And should eggs be thrown...

Well...

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Well, it's 21:51, and I have yet to have a Trick-or-Treater at the door. This is good. Can't have them wasting the doorbell battery.

I will not answer the door, no matter how much the door might ring. And should eggs be thrown...

Well...

No ones come to our door, they usually do.
    My new website/blog:

16. - Top - End - #1066

We've had two groups on trick-or-treaters this evening. Pretty good. More sweets for me!
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

17. - Top - End - #1067

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Of course not. All's fair in shipping and... what would be the equivalent for war? Wargaming maybe?
    Quite true. I go breaking hearts left and right in my stories. And make people cry.
    And if shipping is romantically pairing someone then anti - shipping would be breaking them up (something I do often) and fanfiction covers the rest.

We've had maybe six groups of trick or treaters and there's still a lot of goodies left because we buy lollies. Even when you let the kids help themselves they seldom take more than two lollies each (most actually took one) because one lolly is good value for no money.
    They last ages and that's the impotant thing.

Besides, cold Britain is uncomfortable for Britishers, hence the small number of trick - or - treaters.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

I just got back from the party
    I got somewhat drunk, and then did much, much dancing. My ears are still ringing!
    *Boogies with playgrounders*
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Barbarian in the Playground

Grr. If the internet's gonna need PIN's and codes and such before it can be fully turned on, I'd figure the cable guy would, I dunno, mention that. What he said was "Your all set up, everything's good to go." Obviously, I should have understood that as "The modem's gonna want your SSN, blood type, shoe size...and then it's gonna fry." Obviously. I have a bill due by midnight, and here I am paying it from work. Grr, I say.
    Johann Krauss by Recaiden
    Spoiler
    Show
    morbidwombat (9:40:07 PM): I am not a sandwich, nor a mode of transport!
    blackomen341 (9:40:18 PM): Then what are you?!?!
    morbidwombat (9:40:35 PM): I...I have no idea.
    morbidwombat (9:40:45 PM): <.<
    morbidwombat (9:40:49 PM): >.>
    morbidwombat (9:40:58 PM): *Has existential dilemma*

Not-Edible itP!

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by morbidwombat View Post
    Grr. If the internet's gonna need PIN's and codes and such before it can be fully turned on, I'd figure the cable guy would, I dunno, mention that. What he said was "Your all set up, everything's good to go." Obviously, I should have understood that as "The modem's gonna want your SSN, blood type, shoe size...and then it's gonna fry." Obviously. I have a bill due by midnight, and here I am paying it from work. Grr, I say.
    I feel your pain, man. For some reason, my computer absolutely refuses to work with Wireless security, so I can't ever connect.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ettin in the Playground

Well I've O.D.'d on chocolate.

22. - Top - End - #1072

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Well I've O.D.'d on chocolate.
    Chocolate is good for the soul.

In other news, a child was killed today in a tragic SubWay accident.

(NOT morbid stuff. Just click the link. )

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Barbarian in the Playground

Earlier this week my leasing office sent out a notice explaining/warning about the number of trick-or-treaters expected this year; I guess a lot of young families moved into the complex over the last year.

I've had one kid stop by. It's 9:20; I'm not too worried about my snack situation for the rest of the week.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Colossus in the Playground

I've finally gotten around to slipping in the 320GB drive I picked up over the summer. Mm, so much room, and nothing to do with it...gaming laptop this is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by adanedhel9 View Post
    Earlier this week my leasing office sent out a notice explaining/warning about the number of trick-or-treaters expected this year; I guess a lot of young families moved into the complex over the last year.

I've had one kid stop by. It's 9:20; I'm not too worried about my snack situation for the rest of the week.
    Grrr. This sort of thing happened to me twice when I was living in Colorado in an apartment complex. We (my then-gf & I) got all stocked with candy for hordes of costume-wearing kiddies to stop by; and then nobody showed. Seriously, we didn't see one kid. We ended up bringing most of the candy in to work, where it was simply added to the piles other people brought in.

As a side note, work + sugar high + upset stomach = not fun.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Did you say hi back to him/her?
    Heh, I always find it amusing when animals act that way. I guess I'm amuse— I know I'm amused easily.
    After reading this I did. He was still up on the ceiling after all this time, so I stood up on my chair and said "Hi Spider" to him. I think it freaked him out though as he spasmed and started crawling all over the place.

He's since settled down again, but I'll have to keep this in mind. I was just trying to be polite, but apparently spiders would prefer communication in silence. I'll keep this wisdom in mind for future human-spider relations .
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue!
    Listen to Lemur. He's a wise guy.

27. - Top - End - #1077

I just got back from being Othar Tryggvassen, Gentleman Adventurer. Much fun was had at the party. And my Kinda girlfriend likes both the goatee and the sweater.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

YUay! UI'm drunk right now! Woohoo! I love all you playgrounders!

*Boogiis*

Im gonna go wacth some Event Horizzen. Thas a scarey movie!

I got lots of drunk friends over! One' sdressed like Masd Max!

I'm a PUnk Rocker! The Clash!@ Train in Vain baby! W0001t!

I hope everyone is having a good day (I typed that one slow...)
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-11-01 at 01:14 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1079

*Boogiis*

....<.< We seem to have a lot of this lately.

Well, we love you, too, TwoBit.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ogre in the Playground

*Boogiis*

Event Horizon is scary to you? Huh, I just filed it under a futuristic H.P. Lovecraft story. Creepy, but not scary. Still, a good movie though.