New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Grave Robbers from Outer Space - game thread

Erm, just noticed I haven't voted today...

*counts the votes*

Hrm, well, by my count it's Zaragon for 10, followed by Murska with 8. Normally it's my nature to even wagons for the fun of it, but I recently lynched Murska in another game so...

*points at Philistine*

For being in third place, with 3(now 4), votes.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

Zaragon is a new guy and I really don't feel like lynching him. Yet. Murska... well, he seems to be involved in my death quite often. Philistine, one more new guy but the evidence against him seem quite good.

Philistine. Lets see what comes out of it.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fine. You have guilted me into pointing at Murska.
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Banned

As much as I'd like to provide supporting evidence for Murska or Zaragon, I don't seem to have any at the moment. (what? Knocking votes off those two would get my preferred target lynched!)

This is most likely because I only have my suspect list at my present location, not my spreadsheet. No matter.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Barbarian in the Playground

The voice actor interrupts the possible lynches. "I have received recently a message that I think everyone wants to see."

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985
    Hi there,

Are you a wolf perchance? Or a villager power role? If so, I may have an offer for you.

I'm the Mad Scientist, and I have two protective clones left. My only objective is to survive, so I have no preference as to who wins. Essentially I'm a clone salesman for hire, my payment is protection from day lynchings if you're a villager, or night kills if you're a wolf.

Yes I have no morals! But I'm reasonably safe as I can be useful to whoever I get in touch with. Let me know what you think.

~Banjo
    Banjo clearly stated that he doesn't mind working with the creatures, so he may as well be one of them as far as I'm concerned.
    Which means he needs to be lynched.
    He also says that he has two clones left. On the chance that he decided to use the first on night one or so, he's unprotected today.
    I say we lynch him and find out.

If he's protected from lynch, he'll have proven to us all that he is who he says he is, which will prove that he is willing to work with the creatures, which proves that he needed to be lynched.

If he's not protected from the lynch, he'll be dead, which is fine because he already stated that he was willing to work with the creatures.

It's win/win.

I point at Banjo.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm, sounds like me, writes like me, even says I have a neutral role like I've already claimed. It even has that weird little wiggly thing I put at the end of my messages!

Ya know why?

Because it is me!

I suggest you don't waste your time trying to lynch me, I currently have a clone active on myself, and as soon as I'm voted for again I shall use another one. Overall, it will take at least three wasted days to lynch me including this one, and I would suggest the villagers have bigger fish to fry, such as the wolves you're actually supposed to be going after. By the time you take me out another three good guys or neutrals will be dead, and you'll have wasted your time.

I'm not in contact with the wolves, but sure, I'd have helped them if it meant survival, but now it would be suicide. I say Dragoon is a wolf, and will be pointing at him tomorrow, and forever more until it can be proven he's good. What better way for a wolf to gain some trust than outing a neutral role that wouldn't have minded working with them?

He's asking you to waste your time trying to lynch a hard to kill role that doesn't count towards anyone's win conditions. To me that's fishy.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

7. - Top - End - #337
    Banned

Hm. There's the possibility you're telling Dragoon the truth, and the possibility that you're telling him a lie.

If you're being honest with him, it shows you've got a mercenery outlook. Fine. You wanna stay in the game. Your subsequent post seems in line with this.

If you're being dishonest, it would make sense to represent a hard to kill role to gain recon information. As it does call out villager power roles, if you were a wolf, it could be a bait to garner villager power roles. That would make sense with your recent response also, wherein you side with the villagers against the wolves. Masterful spin, to boot, if this is true.

So now it's a gut call. How honest are you? I'll ponder that for a while.
    Last edited by Talic; 2008-11-07 at 05:06 AM.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

I can spin with the best of them, but in this case I'm just defending my stance.

I take your point, it's completely possible I'm bluffing in that PM, but in my eyes, if that was a bluff, I'd have claimed the PM was fabricated rather than confirming it's existence.

I have a mercenary outlook sure, but I can assure you I will be hard to kill, and that will hurt the good guys far more than it will hurt the wolves. They will just jump on the Banjo Bandwagon and try to make sure as many lynches as possible are wasted, covering their own backs. Even if no-one trusts me enough to contact me, it's a bad idea to lynch me as it will take a while. I'm here for at least the next two days after this one, as I doubt the wolves will want to kill me when I'm under such suspicion, so it's just a waste of time, plain and simple.

As for how trustworthy I am, it really depends on my role, and from game to game. I've clearly started with the devious and underhanded manoeuvers with that PM, and the two identical ones I sent out to other players (you know who you are), it just depends whether you feel you can waste the time lynching me when the wolves are out there having an easy ride.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Banned

No, the reason that it's a masterful spin if you're a wolf is that, if it's believed, you potentially have every villager power role contacting you, while deflecting suspicion.

As for wasting time lynching you?

A couple outcomes I see, if we do.

1) We lynch you, and you're a wolf.
    2) We lynch you, you're the scientist, and you're protected.
    3) We lynch you, you're NOT the scientist, but have managed, in the last 3 days, to strike a deal with the scientist, and you're protected.

So, what does this tell us?

Very little, without my spreadsheets. As I said, I'll ponder.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985
    He's asking you to waste your time trying to lynch a hard to kill role that doesn't count towards anyone's win conditions. To me that's fishy.
    Fishy?
    It's fishy to you for someone to want to kill someone that secretly declared that he was willing to work with the creatures, and then didn't even deny saying it?

How's that fishy?

I agree with him.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Fishy?
    It's fishy to you for someone to want to kill someone that secretly declared that he was willing to work with the creatures, and then didn't even deny saying it?

How's that fishy?

I agree with him.
    But he's also willing to work with the villagers. It's a waste to lynch neutral roles like Banjo unless we know that he is working with las Criaturas; unless someone contends his claim to Mad Scientistdom, there isn't a reason to act now—better to have a wolf in the open that we can track than a wolf dead.
    silver

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Fair point, but my fishy smelling ploy is out in the open now, and I still suspect Dragoon. However, as a neutral with an overpowering survival instinct I guess I'm suspicious of everyone, including someone who has come forward to me claiming to be part of a good network. I wouldn't trust me if I was good.

Still, the point stands, whether I've taken sides already, whether you trust what I'm saying or not, I'm going to be an absolute sod to kill off.

The only question is, am I worth the bother?

I do so love being at the centre of a WW for once.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Talic
    But he's also willing to work with the villagers. It's a waste to lynch neutral roles like Banjo unless we know that he is working with las Criaturas; unless someone contends his claim to Mad Scientistdom, there isn't a reason to act now—better to have a wolf in the open that we can track than a wolf dead.
    Which is exactly why I didn't change my point to him right now. But you can be sure I'll be doing so at some random time(s) in this game.
    Last edited by Shadow; 2008-11-07 at 10:40 AM.

14. - Top - End - #344

Which is exactly why I didn't change my point to him right now. But you can be sure I'll be doing so at some random time(s) in this game.
    Why did you quote The_Rogue_Monk as Talic?

15. - Top - End - #345

Quote Originally Posted by Talic
    *stuff*
    I'm not Talic.
    silver

16. - Top - End - #346
    Banned

Sorry.
    I put a ^: in there originally. Then Banjo ninja'd me. Then I edited in Talic's name because he was speaking before and those damned clones are screwing with my head.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Halfling in the Playground

I think we should lynch Banjo even if it does take three days! Why? He's pointing at Dragoon because he says Dragoon PMed him claiming to be a good guy.

Since Dragoon is a bit of a newbie and thus likely to be trusting and naive there is a chance he is a good guy. So why is Banjo not only pointing at him but also making it clear to the wolves that Dragoon is likely to be a good guy!

I suspect that Dragoon is probably only an extra. Like another newbie in another recent game, he thinks being an Extra and thus on the side of the good guys makes him somehow special, and doesn't realise that Extras/Villagers are just cannon fodder - something to distract the bad guys while the good guys try and figure out who the bad guys are and then persuade everyone to vote for them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Jontom, all I can say is that my experience of Dragoon in YOW tells me otherwise. He nearly won that game for the bandits on his own, it was only a bit of genius by Griever that actually stopped him pulling it off.

However, I'm also suspicious of Shadowcaller, as he was the only person I PM'd that didn't respond at all. A glib wolf waiting to discuss with his fellow wolves perhaps?

Also...I only have two clones, so where are all these others coming from? It's a plague, a plague I tells you!

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Jontom, all I can say is that my experience of Dragoon in YOW tells me otherwise. He nearly won that game for the bandits on his own, it was only a bit of genius by Griever that actually stopped him pulling it off.

However, I'm also suspicious of Shadowcaller, as he was the only person I PM'd that didn't respond at all. A glib wolf waiting to discuss with his fellow wolves perhaps?

Also...I only have two clones, so where are all these others coming from? It's a plague, a plague I tells you!
    Or he´s a mason, wanting to discuss it with his fellow masons, or he just isn´t interested? Or I dunno....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

20. - Top - End - #350
    Orc in the Playground

radikalskippy deserves the credit over Dragoon. I was busy playing with the monies and trying to decipher the %'s.
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

((I'm tempted to vote for you just cause I blame you and your machine as the cause of this dreaded clone week . It's just too much of a coincidence to not be true.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    ((I'm tempted to vote for you just cause I blame you and your machine as the cause of this dreaded clone week . It's just too much of a coincidence to not be true.))

Ooooooh banjooooo... if this is true, you are sooo getting lynched!
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

*Drives up to the set, again. He checks his delivery schedule, again. He steps out of his truck, again.*

*Looks around, then down at his clipboard*

"Okay, I got a delivery of fake blood packs. Come on, people, where can I drop these off at?"

Sees Philistine. "Hey buddy! Can you sign for these so I can get outta here? Everyday I have been an extra here something horrible has happened... I want to be out of here before nightfall."

24. - Top - End - #354

..Murska..
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

25. - Top - End - #355

What happens if two people are tied for the day lynch? because if I counted correctly murska and zaragon have the same amount of votes

26. - Top - End - #356

Normally the one who reaches the amount of points first is up to the lynch...
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scene 4 ends

Why aren’t you getting it? All this time, and it still isn’t right. The director shrieked, his voice squeaking. He was waving his hands and screaming furiously at Zaragon and Moofin Bard, both of whom are awkwardly holding swords. Haven’t you ever slaughtered anyone before? Even a little bit?

Matthew leaned over to whisper in the director’s ear. Cut them some slack. They’re only amateurs.

The director’s eyes blazed as he hissed back at Matthew. That’s no excuse. He turned towards his actors once again. Aim for a major artery, one that gushes… a lot. Oooh, the jugular. Here!

He thrusts a book at the two amateur fighters, who gingerly put the weapons on the floor.

Director? What’s this? Zaragon looks at him quizzically, then at the book.

It’ll help you get a feel for what we’re looking for. Read the chapter on gushing wounds tonight and come back tomorrow.

Zaragon looks at the other actors around him, not sure of what to make of this. He was being given homework? Without another word, he headed for the exit.

Hey, you! The director called as Zaragon reached the door. He turned and looked back. You’ll need this! Practice, practice, practice! The director hurled the sword that Zaragon had left behind at him.

He tried to duck, but he wasn’t fast enough. The others gasped, and he looked down… to see the sword protruding from his abdomen.

His eyes widened, and he fell to the floor.

Bravo! Bravo! Excellent portrayal of a gruesome death. So realistic! The director applauded enthusiastically. Perhaps he didn’t need that book after all.

He turns to look at Moofin Bard. Go over there and help him up. And we'll take it from the top.

Cautiously, Moofin Bard crosses the room.

The director spotted her sword on the floor. How do you expect to try again without this?

I'll come back and get it, once I make sure...

That's hardly productive. Here!

Zaragon was lynched. He was the Janitor.

Moofin Bard was auto-lynched. She was the Military Officer.

Night 4 begins now and ends in 24 hours. Please send all night actions to Cristo and LadyMeyers.
    Co-author of the Criminal Elements urban fantasy series by Cris and Clare Meyers. Playing with Fire and Fly by Night are out now, and Shifting Identities is coming later this year.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

*fist pump*

YES!!!!!!!!!

now just kill skippy for me

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

<.<
    >.>

what?

oh yeah im dead

*crawls back under the light fixture that was dropped on him and assumes the "i got smashed in the forhead with a crowbar" pose*
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

29. - Top - End - #359
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGuy

Good job guys.

Maybe the third time will be the charm.

Or maybe you'll all just get eaten.
    Last edited by Zaragon; 2008-11-07 at 09:57 PM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, I voted for Banjo. Don't blame me.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody