New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Shippingitp III: We Make Love (And Sometimes War)

Keep your distance, if you know what is good for you...
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Barbarian in the Playground

*narrows eyes at Mordy*
    You WILL use blue.
    Or no more secret late-night rendezvous with me!

...wait, was that supposed to be a secret?
    *stops posting photos all over Internetz*
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I know a little bit about being in that kind of a situation. It sucks. If it's based on a real life situation you're in, here's to hoping you get through it...
    The first line, the initial sentiments... those are real. The rest of it I made up.

And, because I'm feeling prolific:

Shipping Inc: The Captive - Part 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strive… force… feel the…
    You’re close.
    Close…? Require more…
    What?
    Immerse yourself in it.
    No… stand at the gateway, on the border… We are grey…
    I’m dreaming.
    Hmm. A state of lucid dreaming… there is power here, power which does not depend on magic, or anything beyond the mind itself. What I may learn may be oracular, but easily interpretable, since after all it comes from me myself… Seek…

Cross over…

I know that voice… Zero?
    You’re getting closer.
    Where are you? I can feel… the power, the essence… Focus…
    Immerse yourself… In the pure chaos of the essence of the abstract and the invented. It’s freedom.

In chaos. No. There must be control. Control the concept, understand it. But I don’t understand. How are you speaking to me?
    …You’re halfway there already.
    …No. I retain control, in my own rationality, my intellect. …Concentrate…
    You’re wrong. You’re going slightly mad. Maaaaaad.

Again not so. My mind is too strong. I simply feign it to suit my purposes. Now tell me, how can you speak to me? How can I access it, the power, the imago?! Strive, seek, find… risk?!
    You think so? I see what you did there…

The access… is through your immersion… I would lose myself…
    Already begun… It’s the way to be…
    No! I can pull out! No! It fractures… my mindscape…
    We are what we repeatedly do… Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. I know. Aristotle, right? Applies to madness too… I’m not mad. You just expected an answer from a voice in your own head… how do you define madness? I’m still in control. Where does the façade end, where does the sanity begin? A state of becoming…… How do you quantify? How do you know…
    How do I know…?
    Spinning, spiralling… things fall apart… will I remain…?
    How do I know…?
    Last edited by Thufir; 2008-12-11 at 11:23 AM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Wow, to tell the truth, I didn't expect that many people to want to die. Still, you guys are all going to like it.

And the list is:

DS7
    Reinholdt
    FF Fanboy
    Lex-Kat
    Felixaar
    Rubakhin
    Ghost_Warlock
    TwoBitWriter
    Dirk Kris
    Recaiden
    Mordokai
    Any other takers? In this one, the more people there are, the ships more there will be.

@All Concerned: Great Ships!

Let it also be noted that if you don't sign up as a recruit, I'm going to have to give you guys walk-on "guest" roles.

@V: You've been added.
    Sure,(Use blue or dark blue)and a ship is coming up.
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2008-12-11 at 11:35 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Titan in the Playground

Pshaw. I used to ship myself all the time, as do several people.
    I would write it myself, but I've hit something of a writers block >.<
    Well, alright then. I'll give it a shot. Inspiration hit last night while I was not sleeping, so I've even got an idea. Can't say it'll be great, but I can only try. Not really used to writing other people, or romance for that matter, so if I mess up feel free to chew me out for it. Keep in mind this is a first try though, so don't go too hard on me.

Witty Title Goes Here.
    Destro/RHL
    Spoiler
    Show
    Destro sat alone at his table in the small coffee shop. Perhaps he was waiting for someone, perhaps not. He almost never came here, but it was a nice change from the places he usually visited. He was thinking about love, sipping his hot chocolate, when he was interrupted by a voice.
    Hi. It was Rabbit. He glanced up and smiled.
    I was waiting for you. Please, sit down. Do you want anything to drink?
    Whatever you've got. Destro nodded and went up to the counter, returning a minute later with another hot chocolate. He put that one in front of her and sat back down.
    It's good to see you again. I know we've been out of touch for a while, and I wanted to reconnect. I.. uh.. I'd almost forgotten how beautiful you are. He hadn't meant to say that. It just came out. And she was beautiful. He covered his embarrassment with a gulp of hot chocolate, hiding his face for a moment. Fortunately she was laughing
    Oh, Destro, you haven't changed a bit.
    That was met with a grin. I guess I haven't. They talked then, about how she'd been, how was everyone, how his job was going. About old friends, and feelings they'd left unspoken. About nothing in particular. After a while, they left the shop, walking through the snow outside. He put an arm around her, holding her close as they walked. In silence for a few minutes.
    I love it here, Destro finally said. Especially in winter. Everything looks so clean in the snow. It would have been perfect, but there was always something missing. He looked over at her, smiling. But not anymore. Now you're here, and everything is perfect. They stopped, and he pulled her into a hug. I've waited, maybe even too long, to say this. I love you, Rabbit.
    This was it, then. He had said it. He felt her heart quicken, and looked up, but he saw only joy in her eyes. I think, she said, I think I love you too.
    He hugged her again then, longer this time. Snow fell around them, but he said nothing. Right here, at this moment, he felt the happiest he'd been in a long time. Then their lips met, locked together, and that was better still.

Maybe a little short, but I like it.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Ettin in the Playground

Wolfbane, if you want more, I will be a part (although it's not a big deal if you've 'filled your quota', as it were). I think people have made me mostly DarkGreen

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, to tell the truth, I didn't expect that many people to want to die. Still, you guys are all going to like it.

And the list is:

DS7
    Reinholdt
    FF Fanboy
    Lex-Kat
    Felixaar
    Rubakhin
    Ghost_Warlock
    TwoBitWriter
    Dirk Kris
    Recaiden
    Mordokai
    Dallas-Dakota
    Dragonrider

Any other takers? In this one, the more people there are, the ships more there will be.

Let it also be noted that if you don't sign up as a recruit, I'm going to have to give you guys walk-on "guest" roles.
    @DD: Okay, you've been added and recruitment is now over.

@DR: okay, you are in too, but darkgreen is already taken, any other color?

I plan on having two or three ships before I kill anyone off, and I plan on getting at least 2 of those done today.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2008-12-11 at 11:34 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Well, alright then. I'll give it a shot. Inspiration hit last night while I was not sleeping, so I've even got an idea. Can't say it'll be great, but I can only try. Not really used to writing other people, or romance for that matter, so if I mess up feel free to chew me out for it. Keep in mind this is a first try though, so don't go too hard on me.

Witty Title Goes Here.
    Destro/RHL
    Spoiler
    Show
    Destro sat alone at his table in the small coffee shop. Perhaps he was waiting for someone, perhaps not. He almost never came here, but it was a nice change from the places he usually visited. He was thinking about love, sipping his hot chocolate, when he was interrupted by a voice.
    Hi. It was Rabbit. He glanced up and smiled.
    I was waiting for you. Please, sit down. Do you want anything to drink?
    Whatever you've got. Destro nodded and went up to the counter, returning a minute later with another hot chocolate. He put that one in front of her and sat back down.
    It's good to see you again. I know we've been out of touch for a while, and I wanted to reconnect. I.. uh.. I'd almost forgotten how beautiful you are. He hadn't meant to say that. It just came out. And she was beautiful. He covered his embarrassment with a gulp of hot chocolate, hiding his face for a moment. Fortunately she was laughing
    Oh, Destro, you haven't changed a bit.
    That was met with a grin. I guess I haven't. They talked then, about how she'd been, how was everyone, how his job was going. About old friends, and feelings they'd left unspoken. About nothing in particular. After a while, they left the shop, walking through the snow outside. He put an arm around her, holding her close as they walked. In silence for a few minutes.
    I love it here, Destro finally said. Especially in winter. Everything looks so clean in the snow. It would have been perfect, but there was always something missing. He looked over at her, smiling. But not anymore. Now you're here, and everything is perfect. They stopped, and he pulled her into a hug. I've waited, maybe even too long, to say this. I love you, Rabbit.
    This was it, then. He had said it. He felt her heart quicken, and looked up, but he saw only joy in her eyes. I think, she said, I think I love you too.
    He hugged her again then, longer this time. Snow fell around them, but he said nothing. Right here, at this moment, he felt the happiest he'd been in a long time. Then their lips met, locked together, and that was better still.

Maybe a little short, but I like it.
    I used to title my works-in-progress "Insert Witty Title Here!"

It was very cute, I think RHL will love it!

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Titan in the Playground

???/Curly
    Spoiler
    Show

Rhyme,
    after rhyme,
    But it hides a secret, which is mine.
    But after you read it, it is thine.
    From Byzantine
    To wherever I go, my hart is thine.
    Remembered at every step,
    or even if I look upon a map.
    You are beautifull,
    and your hair is so pretty it will never dull.
    You are so brillilant,
    that the smartest people on the planet would kill,
    only to give you a hand.
    But till,
    my mission is complete,
    We shall never meet....

Spoiler
    Show
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    ???/Curly
    Spoiler
    Show

Rhyme,
    after rhyme,
    But it hides a secret, which is mine.
    But after you read it, it is thine.
    From Byzantine
    To wherever I go, my hart is thine.
    Remembered at every step,
    or even if I look upon a map.
    You are beautifull,
    and your hair is so pretty it will never dull.
    You are so brillilant,
    that the smartest people on the planet would kill,
    only to give you a hand.
    But till,
    my mission is complete,
    We shall never meet....

Please say that this is from the Soothsayer, TwoBitWriter to his lovely Empress...

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

new fic

What is Right and Wrong.
    To Gain an Ally
    One Fall After Another
    The Clock Turns
    Disguises are Decieving

Disguises are Decieving
    starring Cristo, Nil and Mordokai
    Spoiler
    Show

Nil groaned. Who was shaking him. Turning over, he looked up into the bright light and covered his eyes with his hand, graoning once more. A chuckle could be heard.

Mordokai? Is that you?

It is sir. he said smiling.

Nil groaned and got up, untangling himself from the sheets. He rubbed his forehead before orinetating himself with his surrondings. He was back in his room.

How'd I get here Mordokai? He asked, quite puzzled.

Mordokai smiled even more. I brought you home sir.

Oh God. Please tell me no one else knows.

The whole palace knows of your shenanigan from last night. Espcially the troops. They never knew that their commandeer could drink like the devil.

Did I do anything I regret?

I believe you're better off not knowing sir.

Nil only grunted in response. He took it slowly getting ready. His head still hurt from last night.

Later on, about an hour later, Nil finally left his room. He had eaten a large breakfast and drank plenty of water. He was ready for the day.

What time is it Mordokai? he asked.

Almost noon sir.

You let me sleep in so late!? he aked, quite astounded.

We tried waking you up earlier sir, but you kept saying five more minutes. We gave up after a while.

Nil only shook his head. Just then Cristo Meyers rounded the corner.

Good morning to you Nil. Cristo said. I hope you enjoyed yourself last night and aren't regretting it this morning.

Mordokai, I need to talk alone with Cristo for the moment. I can handle myself for now.

Very well sir. Mordokai said, putting his helmet on and leaving.

You know Cristo said, I could make a good story about how you are able to put three men under and still remain standing. Although I do believe I have to raise that number higher. Stories always sound better when the feat accomplished has such high numbers. Maybe go with eleven? he said, musing more to himself then to Nil.

Be quiet Cristo. Nil said. I haven't come here to hear you gossip like a woman. Lowering his voice he said, What did you find out?

Cristo looked around for a moment before his face becoming serious as well. From what I hear, the rumors are Magtok is behind it.

Nil frowned. Can you give me anything else? Any proof. I need proof Cristo, not rumors.

Cristo held his hands up helplessly. That is all I have for now. I'll try and find out more. Until then, try not to take off your clothes when you are at a bar. With that, he walked away, winking at Nil.

Nil only shook his head. He was going to regret last night. He knew it.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-12-11 at 11:44 AM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Bugbear in the Playground

And the list is:

DS7
    Reinholdt
    FF Fanboy
    Lex-Kat
    Felixaar
    Rubakhin
    Ghost_Warlock
    TwoBitWriter
    Dirk Kris
    Recaiden
    Mordokai

@All Concerned: Great Ships!

@V: You've been added.
    The list looks crowded already, but what the hey ... if there's room, I'm game.
    And since it looks yet unclaimed, I'll take either straight red or blue, whichever works better for you.
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2008-12-11 at 11:42 AM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Firbolg in the Playground

No one looks twice at the fool...

Advice though, DS, that particular shade of blue is nearly impossible to read.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Barbarian in the Playground

Destro - it was WONderful!
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    The list looks crowded already, but what the hey ... if there's room, I'm game.
    You'll be added as a "guest star villain" You'll be in an episode or two before dying, but so will everyone else. You'll speak in red

@DR: What other color would you prefer? DarkGreen is already taken.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2008-12-11 at 11:44 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post

No one looks twice at the fool...

Advice though, DS, that particular shade of blue is nearly impossible to read.
    changed.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ettin in the Playground

*checks list*

Ohh, I've got my screen brightness turned down, and I couldn't see colors very well.

How about just green?

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Bugbear in the Playground

You'll be added as a "guest star villain" You'll be in an episode or two before dying, but so will everyone else. You'll speak in red
    Images of Gojira stomping around downtown come to mind...
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    I used to title my works-in-progress "Insert Witty Title Here!"

It was very cute, I think RHL will love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    Destro - it was WONderful!
    Well TwoBit, you know what they say about great minds.

Thanks for the kind words, guys.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ogre in the Playground

And the final list is:

13 "volunteers"

DS7
    Reinholdt
    FF Fanboy
    Lex-Kat
    Felixaar
    Rubakhin
    Ghost_Warlock
    TwoBitWriter
    Dirk Kris
    Recaiden
    Mordokai
    Dallas-Dakota
    Dragonrider

Guest/Villain roles:
    Helgraf
    Slayer Draco
    Cobra_Ikari
    mangosta71
    RHL

Okay, part one is being written as you speak.
    I had actually wanted an odd number of good-guys anyways.
    Oh, do any of you have any problems with this being in WW2?
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2008-12-12 at 02:51 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Ettin in the Playground

Only as long as you don't put me on German side. Call me biased, but I would preffer to be on the side of Allies, even if I have to die.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    Only as long as you don't put me on German side. Call me biased, but I would preffer to be on the side of Allies, even if I have to die.
    So far, the only person on the Axis side is Helgraf. I'll welcome anyone else who wants to play a villain.

Actually, you just gave me the most wonderful idea and I may have to base this off of a real mission.

Dammit, now I'm all confused.

I can either roll with the one I have now, or I can write a fictional account of a real story of heroism.

I'd keep the same people, but most of them will live instead of what I had planned.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2008-12-11 at 12:16 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Troll in the Playground

So far, the only person on the Axis side is Helgraf. I'll welcome anyone else who wants to play a villain.

Actually, you just gave me the most wonderful idea and I may have to base this off of a real mission.

Dammit, now I'm all confused.
    *is waiting to go to lunch*

Sure, throw me in as a villain if you want. I'm probably pretty good at it by now.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    *is waiting to go to lunch*

Sure, throw me in as a villain if you want. I'm probably pretty good at it by now.
    Nope, I have an odd number of people and that is what I want.

Know what? I think I'll do both stories. That'll keep me busy during winter break.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2008-12-11 at 12:18 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ettin in the Playground

Whichever side you want me on is fine. However it fits into your plans.
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2008-12-11 at 12:18 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

I think it would be fun being a villain this time...

GW and I are bro's after all, so lets see how vile you can make me, Wolfbane!

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ogre in the Playground

Geez. Literal ship explosion in a few hours. Working my way backwards here.

@ Deathslayer: Nil, Nil, Nil *shakes head*

@ Dallas-Dakota: Your poems are great. Keep it up.

@ Destro: Short and sweet. I like it.

@ Thufir: Hey look, it's my standard color for me. And... the guy's going insane... Hmm. 2+2=6 so clearly you're talking about my mental state. *shakes paw at* *mutters to himself about how the bananas will rule one day, just wait and see*
    (I know it's probably not me, but I enjoyed it all the same)
    The letter was easily related to as well, so excellent job there.

@ CurlyKitGirl: Good job, even if you do make me think about what you're saying .

@ Ghost Warlock: That was very much unexpected. When IF I ever manage to stop blushing and hiding my face, I'd tell you what an excellent job you did and that I really appreciate getting the chance to be in one of your ships. And so many things said were true. Mostly:
    "This is no way to die, being beaten to death by fairies.”
    and
    “I’ve never been seduced by predeterminism before.”
    @ Wolfbane: Just write both
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2008-12-11 at 12:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ogre in the Playground

Let me clarify this.

The people who volunteered for this storyline(with exception to Helgraf) are all good guys.

When I do my next storyline however, I'll be switching all of the roles around.

I won't be having Internet over Christmas Break(about a month long), so I will be writing both storylines.

Should I say what the basics of the plot are? I can say it so they aren't given away.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2008-12-11 at 12:25 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    @ Ghost Warlock: That was very much unexpected. When IF I ever manage to stop blushing and hiding my face, I'd tell you what an excellent job you did and that I really appreciate getting the chance to be in one of your ships. And so many things said were true.
    Well, you're also uncredited in my fic Here by Me. Technically, I guess that's a ret-con but I just really liked that guard and felt he you had to make a comeback for Grail.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-12-11 at 12:28 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    Well, you're also uncredited in my fic Here by Me. Technically, I guess that's a ret-con but I just really liked that guard and felt he you had to make a comeback for Grail.
    So many surprises in one day. Yay! And I do an excellent job capturing prisoners who turn themselves in. *puffs out chest*
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2008-12-11 at 12:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.