New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Restoration by Treason

MI-A0

"Are you sure you don't know any more details?" the droid asks, cradling his blaster.

Spoiler
    Show

Should I be making additional Persuasion rolls?
    Avatar: Dave the Drone Rigger, by Brickwall

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"Leave him be, droid," Shalan recommends, "He doesn't know anything. We'll get more out of the computer."
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

MI-A0

"Selkath, have you considered that perhaps interrupting might detract from the interrogatory process? Or that one of us can check the computer while another interrogates a prisoner? I highly doubt that I am the only one amongst us capable of using a computer."

4. - Top - End - #124

BlueWizardGirl

"You're also threatening the life of a prisoner, something I can't condone. You think I can't see how you're holding that blaster?"

Shalan frowns.

"We do have standards, you know."
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Zak

Zak stands over the computers, ignoring the ever bickering duo. He's taken out a small, rose red visor, and has started to take a closer look at the data, plugging in the visor to his datapad, and the pad to the terminal. His fingers run rapidly over the datapad as information flows before him.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+13)[24] Comp Use
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zak has managed to gain access to the general functions of the computer. It seems the mercenaries are not the original owners of this facility, considering log-in dates that trace back almost 5 years.

As of right now, the computer grants these functions:
    -- Access map
    -- Security functions (requires passcode)
    -- Security camera's (requires passcode)
    -- Internal base communications

Spoiler
    Show

You can try to find out who manufactured this computer by making a knowledge: galactic lore check. Both passcodes require a succesful Computer Use check.

Last edited by BooNL; 2008-11-10 at 01:15 PM.

Recently resurrected. Sorry for bailing on you guys.

"Never play leapfrog with a unicorn"
    Awesome OOTSatar by Crimmy, masterfully done.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[22] Galactic Lore, to ID the computer. I'll get that before trying anything else
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

MI-A0

The droid draws the Selkath aside, whispering but keeping an eye and a blaster on the Aqualish. "First, I was threatening to maim, not to kill: a dead prisoner is worthless except as an example, and with only one prisoner, we do not need examples. Second, a real torturer would have begun by inflicting some minor but painful injury: breaking a finger, perhaps, or cutting one off. The threat of torture is often as effective as torture itself, but does not break these 'standards' of yours."

After his little soliloquy, MI-A0 will bind the Aqualish's hands and feet with mesh tape, preventing him from escaping at all. After this is done, he abruptly announces, "We need a leader. A consensus will obviously not work; we all need to follow the orders given to us. I nominate the padawan."

9. - Top - End - #129

It seems the original creators of this computer and thus the base itself were Sith. Checking the backlogs of data entries, Zak can conclude the Sith must have build this outpost somewhere during their stay on Manaan. It seems the Republic weren't the only ones to secretly set up their facilities on this planet.

The aqualish struggles while MI-A0 restrains him with mesh tapes. "You can't do this!" he yells. "The boss will have my hide, you can't do this!" His efforts and struggling are in vain as he is unable to free himself.
    Last edited by BooNL; 2008-11-10 at 01:37 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Err... didn't you say five years of logs? Wasn't it 7 since the JCW ended? Or did the Sith last on Manaan longer

Zak grunted, pleased with his work

I know this interface.Minimalist, efficiant... It's Sith design. They were certainly the first owners of this place, even if they aren't still here.

I'm going to try and hack security feeds, and functions as best I can. Bringing p internal comms now, recieving only.

He's back to serious as he resumes working the data. He doesn't even notice MI-A0's nomination of him as leader.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+13)[31](1d20+13)[25] Comp use on feeds and function respectively.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

11. - Top - End - #131

Zak easily bypasses both password protections and finds himself in the security screen.

To his surprise, there is precious little to do here. If he wanted, he could raise the alarm. There is also a self destruct sequence, though that requires another passcode.

As Zak cycles through the security camera feeds, he notices not all are operational. Whether it is because of bad maintenance or some other reason, he cannot say.

Camera feeds:
    Spoiler
    Show

Barracks
    You see the rodian who escaped speak hastily to a couple of trandoshans. After their discussion, the lizard-like humanoids take cover behind some boxes. The rodian disappears offscreen, but comes back a second later.

You're surprised the camera is labeled 'barracks' as you can see nothing that resembles it. Instead, the room looks more like a storage room, filled with boxes. There is some blast damage and fallen rubble to indicate there must have been a struggle here at some point.

Hallway 2
    You can see two doors in this hallway. One of them is blocked by a force field. The other one is labeled 'Decontamination'.

Medical centre
    The camera feed is grainy and you cannot really make out anything. You can see a vague figure standing over a table, or a bed. It could be someone performing surgery, though you cannot say for sure.

The internal comm relays nothing but static, it seems no one is using the comm system.

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, the base has existed longer, but you can only find logs up to 5 years ago. Could be someone did a system wipe or it could be deterioration of the system.

In other words, it's a way for me to say I screwed up the numbers .

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Zak looks surprised

It's definetly a Sith base. The Mercs seem to be the ones in charge now thankfully. Or not. They, perhaps, don't know what they're messing with.

Especially as they're a self destruct. It needs a password, but I could crack that.

Still...

He breaks off. He seems worried about something, as he manipulates his datapad a little more.

Bringing up the base map.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

13. - Top - End - #133

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Fear my MS Paint skillz!

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Zak

Zak gives the overview as he projects the holomap up on the console, so everyone can see it.

We've got three more main sections of the base. Barracks, Med Center and Engineering. At least that's what they're listed as.

I've got a security feed for the barracks. Looks more like a store room. Our Rodian friend came along, and had words with a couple of Trandoshans. Then they all go to defencive positions. The Rodian went off feed for a bit. At a guess, I'd say he went to the armory.

I'd have no problems with them taking up defensive positions, but we need to get through there to reach the rest of the base. Even on this map.

Oh, and... I can't get a feed from Engineering. Suggestive? I can't really get much of a feed from the med center either. And given the state of the Barracks, I'd say we can't be sure what they're being used for.

Only that the "Med Center" has a decontamination bay. And there seems to be a lot of equipment in the barracks.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

15. - Top - End - #135

BlueWizardGirl

"The threat of torture may be acceptable to you, droid, but it is not acceptable to me. I doubt the padawan would have approved either if he had seen."

Shalan turns from the droid in disgust and listens to Zak's explanation of the layout of the base.

"Could you seal the barracks until we're done investigating the rest of the base? It won't be easy to get them out of there since they know we're coming... we could deal with their friends in the med bay and engineering and then come back for them."
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Zak

No way. Apart from the fact that I simply can't seal things from this terminal, the barracks is right in the route we'll have to travel. We need to go through it.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

MI-A0

"One uses the tools one has. I doubt that my threats harmed this sentient much." He raises his voice, addressing the now-bound prisoner, "Friend Aqualish, did my threats cause overly large amounts of harm and distress? You appear to have avoided soiling yourself."

Returning to Shalan, he continues, "You are right about the padawan, however, and this is why we need a hierarchy: right now, all I have is your hypocritical squeamishness to stop me doing as I please to the prisoner. With a commander, I would also have my superior's orders. Thus, you enforce my case. Padawan Zak Franz, I have nominated you to be our leader. What do you say?"

18. - Top - End - #138

Yurist Levedru

Yurist shook his head.

"Torture is never acceptable, even in the course of justice. To allow evildoers to stew in their own misdeeds for a while, but never to threaten to harm."

Then he looked at MI-A0 and Zak.

"This base is nothing more than a line, bent a handful of times. It is no great task to simply go from room to room. Fortunately, the alarm has not sounded, and the barracks will cut off any further escape for the miscreants. But, as you say, they have dug themselves deep. It is no matter - I will go first, for I can survive more blows than the rest of you, and my weapon can destroy their cover before they may take great advantage of it."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Zak

Well..

Zak looks nervous, though MI-A0 can see he's partially excited at this

I'm... not sure I'm exactly the most competent leader ever. I'm a long way from Revan. Still, if you want me to, I suppose I can direct things.

And thank you Yuri. A most generous offer
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

MI-A0

MI-A0 seems taken aback by Zak's comparison. "Nevertheless, I think it is the best choice. Obviously, none of you trust me, despite my undoubtedly being the best military commander in the group. I fear that Shalan is too emotionally close to the matter to make objective decisions, and Yurist...I do not believe Yurist possesses the proper...mindset for command. You are Jedi Karith's apprentice, and a Jedi besides. You seem to have an even keel, and I have little doubt you are the most...ethical of the bunch. You seem the natural selection."

21. - Top - End - #141

Yurist Levedru, Defender of JUSTICE!

"Nevermind command, all that is needed is to lead! Minsc I will lead and break the enemy's defences! Explosives handle the details. Onwards!"

22. - Top - End - #142

BlueWizardGirl

"I find myself saying that I agree with the droid," Shalan says, "It's an odd feeling."
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

MI-A0

"Excellent," says the droid, ignoring Yurist's outburst, "We are agreed. Now, feerless leader, your first decision: how to dispose of the prisoner. Does anyone know how to gag an Aqualish without killing him? Alternatively, I've a stun baton: we could apply until he is unconscious. Or we could do both."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Zak

Zak looks... surprised, but somewhat happy at the decision. He looks round, quickly thinking.

Well, I don't see a lot in the way of weaponry here. And this is an underground complex. Can't attack us, can't alert people, as he'd have to go through us... He simply isn't much of a threat

Secure the weapons the Rodians had. Search our friend here too. Confiscate all you find, then just leave him up top, tied up as best we can. Who knows, we might have a need to question him.

That work?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

25. - Top - End - #145

Yurist Levedru, Defender of HAIKU!

Yurist shrugged.

I do not protest
    It is not a bad idea
    We should do it now.

Yurist goes over to the Aqualish and relieves it of its blaster rifle, as well as checking the room for equipment scattered by the demolished Rodians.

Restraints are needed.
    This blaster will be enough.
    Any more questions?

Yurist drew his heavy blaster and flicked it quite audibly to stun.

26. - Top - End - #146

While searching through pieces of brain, skull and guts - all that's left of the rodians - Yurist finds nothing but scrap metal. Their pistols have been melted by the blast and their grenades must have exploded along with them.

The blaster rifle he takes off the aqualish is a standard issue rifle, though it lacks a folded stock.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

MI-A0

"Friend Yurist, perhaps you might take our prisoner outside? I would make the attempt, but I am certain that you are far stronger than I..."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Zak

Zak nods, and bends down to assist Yuri with moving the prisoner. First though, Zak checks to ensure that the Aqualish's combat gloves have also been removed.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

29. - Top - End - #149

Yurist Levedru, Defender of JUSTICE!

Dwung! Dwung! Dwung! Dwung!

The prisoner slumped over in pain.

Yurist flicked the switch again and replaced his weapon in its holster.

"MI-A0, I may not be the brightest man to have graced the galaxy, but you are, without a doubt, a moron. We are not here to hold elections. We are not here to interview mercenaries for Holonet. That whoever is here has hired mercenaries with orders to shoot on sight is knowledge enough. We are here to attack a complex, and get to who is in charge. Investigations come later, when we've found someone with authority. If you want to obsess over a mercenary sergeant, you can stay here."

Yurist quickly went over the Aqualish, taking any grenades, along with spare power packs and the gloves if necessary.

"Now, if we're done wasting time in the middle of an attack, let us rejoin the fight, before evil knows what's hit them!"

And with that, he moved on through the door, and around the bend. He waited for a moment for everyone to catch on and move on up, then opened the door and fired a rocket into the cover that the mercenaries were hiding behind, demolishing it and hopefully them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yurist just blasted the Aqualish with four blaster bolts on stun, by the way.

Attack - (1d20+9)[15]
    Damage - (6d6+2)[20]

Initiative - (1d20+10)[13]

30. - Top - End - #150

BlueWizardGirl

"Does that man always shoot first?" Shalan asks exasperatedly.

Reluctantly, he follows the madman.

Spoiler
    Show
    Init: (1d20+4)[19]
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show