New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Total War 2250

1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War 2250

Odus Dai
    "No, I think not. Your grand masters may not realize, but These are the first planetoids we are laying claim too. The NRE on the other hand have claimed all of the satellites around Saturn and Neptune.

That would be nine planetoids. We wish just for our own little section of the solar system. While we will not blow you up, my fleet CAN turn you back or have your ships seized.

Human peace can only last so long as others do not strain it.

You have places to settle. At the moment even you lay claim to more than us.

I harbor no ill will if you wish to siphon off gases, just don't interfer with Jupiter base.

You may fight like liones, but not if we control your ships. If you truly want peace, you will leave my colonies alone!

Oh, and since I am the lead in cloning Tech, it'll be easy to fill up the planets, thank you anyway."

Colonies
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ground troops and colonists claim as much ground as possible
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-11-14 at 06:49 AM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

2. - Top - End - #242
    Pixie in the Playground

yes i'm same mind with JJ because i can't understand actions of others....
    USE
    Spoiler
    Show
    !

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

We dispute the UAL's claim to lead in cloning tech. Our own is not isubstantial

As to the matter of the colonies, we wish to state our distress at the greed powers are showing in claiming wide sweeps of terretory, with no authority or agreement with outside bodies. Such imperialism has not been seen for a hundred years, and tends to be the harbinger of war. This is not a statment targeted at specific bodies, but a general one on the current "ethic" of colonization..

It is the UNE's view that the Council of the Solar System idea be brought forward. However, as the issue of colonization is a presing one, all who would join with the CotSS should immedietly dispatch dignataries to an emergancy summit on the question of interplanetary soverignty. Such a session would go a long way to prolonging peace and understanding.

As the nation with least political involvment, and least spacial presence, I would say that we are most suited to chair such a session. But if another wishes to do so, we have no objections
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

To UAL

We admit it turns out much of our information were flawed. It seems you have not yet taken all of Io or even touched down at Ganymede and NRE imperialism has become the worst problem with a full claim of nine planetoids.
    Yet we remind you that our claims were made nearly entire in the name of charity (an eventual 80% once investments have been recouped) and humanity (the rest of the claims). We did not know you would respect them in return, but are glad to have this answer.
    We shall do our best to honor your boundaries, in return we hope you will respect our one selfless claim of Ganymede for the Papacy, not ourselves, which you do not yet seem to covet and what unclaimed remains of Io for a water source.

Opus Dei hereby officially claims Ganymede and any remaining unclaimed parts of Io for the well being of the Papacy, we wish to notify the world also that there are no paper claims for Saturn's satellites and hope to see enterprising nations of any creature or kind embark on them, but that regardless most of our traditional 'claim' is open to anyone and thus is more placing it in 'the open source domain'. We look forward to the future!

To the World

We remind the world once again that our claims have been as such:

20% of profits from Jovian Gas Giants after investments have been recouped.
    Remaining Uranus and Neptunian satellites and ice giants for humanity, and make that Saturn as well.
    Ganymede and part of Io for the Papacy.

We have only asked a very small part for ourselves (one fifth of profits) in what proves to be risky and expensive ventures.

We remind you that we are not avid claimants, but protectors of the Solar system. Where the NRE and UAL and others claim land masses for themselves we have claimed all of the remainder for the common good of humanity. Those who colonize the majority of the claim shall be those who rightfully reap the rewards.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-11-14 at 10:49 AM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Papal Claims

although it's really just a formality, we would like to announce colonization plans for both moons of Mars to relieve the population pressure on Mercury and Luna until such time as Mars' Terraforming is completed
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

6. - Top - End - #246

This is an aside, but we believe cloning lives to fill up new pieces of land is morally wrong. Not only is it being manipulative with God's gift of science for small purposes, it will also lead to increased conflict as resources are stretched to their limits.
    Remember what villains misused the clones in the past and what they were set out to do.

The majority of the Dei fleet
    Spoiler
    Show
    five-six points, depending on whether the outer solar embassy convoy has returned
    arrives on Ganymede and any unsettled part of Io, disgorging settlers and setting up basic defenses to claim it properly. Some of the ships carrying construction equipment and resources supply the settlers with fusion (if we have it) reactors on Io and Ganymede to melt ice and provide power and fuel while the remainder carefully setting up the exoskeleton of a gas siphoning space station orbiting Jupiter.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    1-2 points of space join the Opus Dei colonization fleet, and the ships over Mars begin setting up colonies on both Moons of Mars. more and more colonists are ferried from Luna and Earth
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Pirates
    Spoiler
    Show
    No we don't. If you don't want our money then that's too bad for you."

The Dual Moons

"Because the nations of Earth has created this major expansion to surround the free space nations. The Dual Moons is forced, to make life better for all our fellow nations, to claim all nations not already claimed." Says the leaders of the Dual Moons. "We would be willing to negotiate with other nations to give these territories."

"We would be interested in the meeting that the UNE suggests."

9. - Top - End - #249

The Machine Technocracy has decided to support the UNE proposal regarding the CotSS. Should such a summit come to be realized, the Technocracy will send their representative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
    No fair framing me for something that looks like something i'd actually do!
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

the Papal Union also supports the UNE proposal.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

The Dual Moons try and discuss with the small space nations about creating the Space Nation Council with The Dual Moons as acting head. It was be mostly a discussion, advice, debate and presenting a uniformed body group.

Research:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Still robots.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

On the observation deck of the Iyo station, Daimyos Uesugi and Takeda sit, knees folded in front of a Shogi board. Engaged in a fierce battle, the two men discuss the world as they know it, in light of all the recent events.

"Can you smell it, nemesis? War is coming. I don't have a doubt in my mind. Lance takes bishop."

"Well, we can hardly say it's a good thing, can we? I mean, I thought those people were sick of war by now. But you're right, I don't think it's going to be too much longer. Drop rook."

"Bah. War is a beautiful thing, Takeda. It's a gift from Bishamonten himself, as a means to remove the unjust from the world. We should take it in stride. Check."

"Well, not everyone is as eager to prove their prowess on the field as you are. If you're too eager to go into it, people take advantage of you. Checkmate."

"Better to die on the field than live a coward, Takeda."

With that, Uesugi takes his leave.

COSS Summit Proposed by UNE

"While we have not yet officially joined this organization, I would like to be in attendance, if allowed. Not only to give my two cents, if required, but to report back to my lord if this is an organization that we can throw our official support behind. I hope you accept."

Secret Actions@Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright...seems that everyone's carving up the solar system like a festive pumpkin pie. All defenses in all areas are being stepped up significantly, just in case some kind of war breaks out. Also, Unit 731 is beginning two projects in addition to its normal operations: light refraction technology and gravitational singularity tech. Light refraction is essentially invisibility, and I can use gravitational singularity to not only generate temporary black holes, but reverse it to create the truly fastest engines in the system.

And did you forget about my pirate killing?
    Last edited by Pumpkin3.1415; 2008-11-14 at 12:13 PM.
    Vanguard of the Horace Greenhilt fan club. Pretend there's a smiley and get off my back...

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LongVin View Post
    @ UNE
    Spoiler
    Show

Do not compare us to the NAC which seeked to enslave the Roman people during the course of the Holy War.

Our people are allowed to voice any greviances they have with the Senate through regulated and scheduled townhall meetings. It is how we find out the needs and desires of our citizens. Many of those who regularly attend these meetings are then later appointed to local political positions so that they may better serve their communities.

You speak of the Inquisition like it is a boogeyman or Big Brother looking over everyone's shoulder. It is not, they rarely concern themselves with the affairs of state and attend mostly to mundane religious matters and the internal security of the Church itself.

Nor his Prince Amedeo our ruler. He leads the Church, the Senate leads the state. We do not concern ourselves with matters of the Church which is his domain and he does not concern himself with matters of the state.
    NRE
    Spoiler
    Show

I speak as I find. You have done the same throughout. Why shouldn't I?

You speak of indefinabilities, of uncertainties. Your people are still unable to hold political office, without approval from those who already hold it . That is not representationalism in government. The Senate, unless I grievously misunderstand, is under no actual obligation to follow the will of it's people. The Inquisition has total power, even if they choose not to use it.

And telling me that your church and state are not intertwined are foolish. You are the only state to give one religon priority over others. The majority of your current terretory is held through a religous mandate. You just called the war of a hundred years ago holy for crying out loud! Saying that the Church has no effect or control over the state is foolish. And any organization that holds the powers the inquisition has will have influence, even if they do not actively use it. After all, you wouldn't want to annoy them, would you?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

14. - Top - End - #254
    Bugbear in the Playground

Joining the COSS

The New Roman Empire would like to express its interest in joining COSS at this time.

Staking Claims

From Titan Base and the Asteroid Belt small spacecraft are being dispatched to the claim sites throughout the system to establish temporary outposts in lieu of the permanent bases that will be constructed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

15. - Top - End - #255

@ UNE
    Spoiler
    Show

We are a meritocracy, those who take pride in their civic obligations are rewarded with appointments to office. If they perform their jobs admirably they get promoted as far as this ability dictates, be it local politics or the halls of the senate.

If we wished to place artificial limits upon the Inquisition we could do so. But, we have not had the need to as the Inquisition has shown a high level of self control and restraint since the unification of the Church.

Does not the Papacy claim one religion above all others and holds lands through religious mandates? Or Opus Dei? We are not the first nation nor the last to hold religion highly.

The Senate has no need to fear the Inquisition. We are the government, they are church. We do not interfere with them and they do not intervene with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Colossus in the Playground

Belters

"You know, this is getting interesting."
    The blue-skinned man turns round to face his companion. The other one, with the naturally dark skin of many of the belters descendent from african refugees, yawns while looking at the net-screen.
    "You think so? I'd say it's boring. They all do the same, plant their flags everywhere. I don't think they can even efficiently settle all those places."
    "Of course they can't."
    His skin slightly shifts colour, a darker blue now.
    "But did that ever stop them? I tell you, many of them would rather start a war than give up a transneptunian piece of rock."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Isabella nods over the viewscreen "I would hereby announce that Justice station IS complete. I agree that this cutting up of the Solar System is an inconveineince at best and at worst a formula for war.

We, the nations of humanity, MUST act with some forethought. Meetings will come to bear fruit as quickly as possible.

I would reiterate that ALL nations can enter, but will be required to follow certain guidelines.

My forces will simply solidify their claims, but move no further, and I plead with you all that we can come to a peaceful settlement.

Thank you, Supreme One Out"

The screen fuzzies over, to be replaced by a young looking man "Hello my name is Timothy Lee" the boy looks like his father, who having refused immortality, had died years ago "And I shall be the UAL COSS delegate. I hope to meet the rest of the representives."

Justice Base, All nations
    Spoiler
    Show
    With UNE help (if they'll give it) the space station is guarded by clones with loyalty only to COSS, not one nation in paticuler. These troops, called Star Coats, for their distinctive COSS emblem on their uniform, will assure the stability of the station

COSS debate open
    All nations wishing to send delegates, post their arrival to Justice.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

18. - Top - End - #258

The Machine Technocracy

Warning: Fluff of no real importance. Read only if interested/bored.
    "Interesting..." The Scientist, working hard as usual, was currently examining a large screen depicting the solar system. "Veeery interesting." He sends a command to the screen through his uplink, and it pulls up some data on the different planetary bodies currently being 'claimed'. A door opens behind him and a man walks in. It is Richard Sylveste, and he walks up to stand next to the Scientist.
    "What's so interesting about their small struggles over territory?"
    "Well, not much really. But it's still fun to watch them go at it. Alpha says that it probably won't go as far as a war. Not right now anyway."
    "So, will we still continue the Project?"
    "Yes. There is no reason to stop. We will play along for now. The General tells me that our forces will be prepared to deal with anything that might come our way, should this turn into a system-wide war."
    "I see. Well, I have my own things to take care of. I trust you do not need anything?"
    "Not right now anyway. Just make sure the Project goes smoothly. The Technocracy's future plans reside within it, and we do not wish to see it crash and burn now do we?" And with that Richard bows his head, and exits the room, leaving the Scientist to his own thoughts. And the screen he finds so amusing.

@Odin: Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Australia and New Zealand increase their production of robotic troops, using 50% of the budget for this turn. The rest is spread evenly on better research facilities and the various costs related to the Project

Research for this turn focus on inventing a new type of shielding, which we want to be able to hold against just about anything anyone can throw at us. We would like it to be done for next turn, or the one after that.

Delegate sent to Justice Base.

In order to ensure peace throughout the system, the Voice has decided to go to Justice Base to take part in the debates. He is expected to arrive shortly.
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Cardinal Williams is coming to the debate to help ensure peace.

The Papacy offers some drone-ships or robotic forces reprogrammed to protect the station as security forces.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

The entire UNE executive is to transmit via computer link to Justice Base. In addition, Commander Steel is to attend the meeting in person.

The UNE fully co-operates with the UAL in setting up the Star Corps. They also contribute a force of psychics, trained under the finest of the Warders.

Secret
    Spoiler
    Show
    In response to the threat of action, security throughout the UNE raises, if quietly. UDF forces are to be re-routed to active patrol duty, and recruitment campaigns begin (though they have a peace time focus, emphacising the lighter side of the UDF). The USIC is given a substantial funding grant for the expansion of both the Warders and the Null Directorate.

MT
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC High espionage FTW

Hmm... It seems you are preparing for war. Robotic soldiers have little other usage

We were sincere when we offered our alliance. However, an action like this worries us. Especially as you did not tell us of such. Why are you building such?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-11-14 at 03:04 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

Justice Conference

Stepping out of the airlock of his transport, Daimyo Takeda reels at the sight of the massive station. His retainers quickly go to catch him as he accidentally stumbles back while trying to take in all of the station around him. He is dressed in a more conservative attire, a full double-breasted suit with a small, red bow-tie.

"Well, I'll be...looks like the Americans have been hard at work out here. I think this thing might even be bigger than a Kyoto. Truly awesome is what this is."
    Last edited by Pumpkin3.1415; 2008-11-14 at 03:04 PM.
    Vanguard of the Horace Greenhilt fan club. Pretend there's a smiley and get off my back...

22. - Top - End - #262

UNE
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are concerned that we, as mere scientists, will be very exposed if there should be war. The robots we are building are to be a defense force, meant to discourage any attempt at attacking us.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

MT
    Spoiler
    Show
    Really? You have no major space colony. You're neutral politically. Why'd you come under attack?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

24. - Top - End - #264

UNE
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are merely concerned for our future. And we are going to direct our efforts into different projects soon. (OOC: Next turn. I don't know how long a turn is in-game, so I can't put it into a sentence in a good way.)

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Justice Conference

As the shuttle from the Micheal docks onto the justice Stations, a tall humanoid-like root steps out I apologize for the rather unorthodox body I'm using, the other ones are on Mars and returning form the belt respectively, so I just booted up one of the unused negotiator models. turnig to the shuttle, I have 5 crates of security-bots as a gesture of goodwill, they're programed to protect the station.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

26. - Top - End - #266

ARCH gives up claims

ARCH gives up it's claims on Pluto and Eris.

ARCH renames itself

The Archimedes Society has chosen a new name for itself today. ARCH will now be called Yggdrasil, after the ancient Norse mythological World Tree. They hope to invoke a thought of a "mythic" nation led by those who "hold up" the various branches of science.

Yggdrasil joins COSS
    As ARCH was interested in the COSS before, Yggdrasil's first action after receiving its new name is to join the COSS.

Of course, Yggdrasil also stays as part of the UNE, if a more autonomous nation then most.

Justice Conference

Stepping out of his own transport a few seconds after Takeda, Technissiah Will Rowe chuckles at the Daimyo's surprise. The immortal leader is dressed in Whitecoat attire, with the white trenchcoat designed to look like a lab coat, green suit pants, and a white dress shirt, along with a white tie.

"Indeed, my good Daimyo. I think that not even the Valhalla, and its two sister battlestations can compare to this bases' size. Isabella has been hard at work, it seems."

@Children
    Spoiler
    Show

Did you receive my earlier message? The one about Alexandria?
    Last edited by RationalGoblin; 2008-11-14 at 04:38 PM.
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Justice conference

walking up to Rowe and Takeda Well, I suppose it's so they won't have to add on space in the foreseeable future. or I don't know, giant hive-mind transmitters to control the worlds animal population.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

28. - Top - End - #268

Justice Conference

A tall man clothed entirely in black, with a black shiny-surfaced mask covering his entire face, walks out of the Technocracy transport. His voice seems rather... separated from his body, sounding more like an advanced computer than a human.
    "My name is the Voice. I am here to speak on the Machine Technocracy's behalf." With a quick, short bow he walks toward whatever quarters he has been appointed. A keen ear would notice that his steps are heavier than what his body size would indicate. He is heavier than he looks.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Justice conference

Well, at least I'm not the only one using a non-organic body.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

30. - Top - End - #270
    Colossus in the Playground

Conference

A small, sleek one man shuttle docks at the station. As the blast doors open, a woman, only about the size of a ten-year old child steps out. She wears a floor-long dress of tiny metal plates shimmering in all colours of the rainbow and has her snow-white hair cut back to a mere stubble.
    "Akra Jain, from the Skyhawk habitat. I'll be attending for at least our part of the Belt."
    Resident Vancian Apologist