New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Default Re: Slaves to desires.

Zhahn

The eagle continues to wheel around the chamber at a leisurely pace, watching the proceedings with detached interest. Those looking closely might see slight movements with his wings as he soars past.

Spoiler
    Show

Invoking see the unseen and entropic warding, as it never hurts to have normal defenses up.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Katrina

I agree. We need a plan, to prepare. Fighting now would only ensure our deaths, and I would much prefer to get my jaws on that bastard Warren himself.

Besides, the sooner I get out of here, the sooner I can find something to eat.

She turns to Peter. Where's this portal?
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-11-11 at 12:50 PM.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Fawkes furrows his brow, as much as a bat can. He looks down at Animus. "Child, if you were not disrupting my rest, I would not speak to you at all. Go to the human woman, she will tell all. And do so silently... I have had enough of the others as it is." He returns to his rest, hanging upside down on nothing; he never was holding onto anything in the first place.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Sentry"

Sentry rotates his eye to look at Atta, and then Peter. "You set me free, so I will accept your word." He says to Atta, then sniffs Peter. "But are you sure he knows the way? He doesn't smell of.... here." He says, clicking his jaws.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh I understand, and I agree." Peter sighs loudly. "You'll have to leave as well, and no I don't want to hear you object." Peter lifts his paw up towards Atta, stopping her from objecting. "It is a pity that these poor quality cages broke down, giving you all a chance to escape..." He looks around the room and nods "Warren should have invested in stronger walls. Not ones that can be crushed by something big ramming into them." He incants a spell and sends a sonic wave into the wall. The sound greatly weakens the wall so much that when Freki pushes his paw against the wall, it falls down creating a hole big enough for everyone to exit. The open path leads out into fresh night air, and Peter begins to send animals out through the hole. "Okay, time to leave. Outside you should walk due east for..." he frowns as he notices the vast differences in speed on all the animals. "Just walk due east until..." he mutters softly when he understands that the taller creatures can see the labs from further away. "Just walk east until I say stop. Sir Karook, will you please carry Atta's box? Siv, make sure that Atta is properly "kidnapped". Now get going. The security won't stay offline for long." Peter nods to himself and looks around, making sure that none are left behind.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Sleepy

The little hedgehog yaws wide, rubing at his side with a paw.
    "We *yaaaawwwn* goin' somewhere?"
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Marquis

"Walk? How pedestrian," the cat derides.

Breaking concentration on reading thoughts Marquis begins to float a good 20 feet above the ground and out the door.

"Come, lummoxes. That box isn't going to carry itself."

Spoiler
    Show
    Breaking off read thoughts, manifesting levitate. 3 more PP spent
    A post about nothing.

8. - Top - End - #38

Entara

Launching himself off Siv's head, he flutters around the confused and sleepy ones. "Freedom, we are free! Which is a good thing, since someone has decided to send up to the big tinderbox in the sky! Come, my brothers, they can take out dignity, but they can't take our..." His seemingly stirring speech comes to a stop.

"Hmm, do we even have anything in common that they couldn't take? Feet, perhaps? Yes, that will do. They can take our dignity, but they can't take our feet! So, yeah, we should be going now. Mount up, boys and girls, and forward to freedom!"

With that, he flutters back to Siv, lands, and somehow avoids yelling anything even remotely related to getting a mount to move forward. He thinks it, though.
    Last edited by Dreamshifter; 2008-11-11 at 05:52 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

Siv grins and looks towards Sentry, not a difficult task given the reptiles enormous size.
    "Friend Sentry, would you mind overmuch if I rode on your shoulder? And could you please pick up Atta? Gently, if you don't mind, she is, of course, our liberator." Siv looks again towards Peter and respectfully inclines his head."Thank you, friend Peter, you do us great honor." Siv readies himself to jump and then remembers that Entara is on his head. "Friend Entara, while I hold no grudge against you for being on my head, I must ask that you hold on. You as well sleepy one. I do so apologize for this." Siv scoops up Sleepy and prepares to jump onto Sentry. "Freedom and Victory!"
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2008-11-11 at 08:09 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Sivore
    Sivore follows, the rat keeping to the shadows and blending as he moves.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide - (1d20+10)[11]
    Move Silently - (1d20+10)[22]

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Krrk

Krrk opens one of his eyes a crack, and peeks out from behind his wings, before opening both eyes wide. "'Ey! Why didn't nobody tell me we was off? Cages gone, animals out, FREEDOM FER ALL! Eh?" Krrk leaps off the roof of what was previously a cage, twists in midair and shoots towards the exit. "An' we're off, an' reachin' breakkneck speed, as little Krrk, he takes the lead! Haha!" as Krrk reaches outside, he flies high, and does a little display of aerioal acrobatics. At the height of his flight, a few hundred feet or so above the ground, he lets loose a burst of flame, illuminating him, before he dives towards the ground and lands neatly on the wall, just above the hole.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yay! Casting fireburst for 5d8 fire damage. Not that anyone's within 5 feet of me.
    Last edited by SoD; 2008-11-11 at 08:27 PM.
    For the last time, it stands for Shadow of Darkness!

Thankin' Nevitan fer me babytar!

Kasaad Shadowweb-Chitine Paladin of Freedom (now a clickable link!).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt
    SoD is my favorite too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    SoD casts Pun
    SoD's Pun crits TigerHunter for 10k.
    TigerHunter dies.

Genderbender week comin' up! SoDess by Bisected8 *applause*

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Freki sniffs curiously at the bracelet before turning to Atta. "Thank you for this, can get a bit cramped in those cages. Only wondering how you intend to feed all of us." He pads out through the gaping hole in the wall, looking about at the surroundings and looking over whoever happens to be in sight.
    Last edited by Renthur; 2008-11-11 at 09:12 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Fawkes groans as Krrk puts on his show, incredibly vexed. Why is it that I cannot get the slightest peace here? And before it was relatively quiet. He throws a deceleration at Krrk, flaring his wings, his eyes piercing. His annoyance clearly stated, he flutters a bit, then closes his eyes once more in his repose.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex save DC 19 for halving all movement speeds.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

14. - Top - End - #44

"Sentry"

Sentry waits till Siv, Sleepy, and Entara are on his back, then puts a clawed hand flat on the floor. "It might be easier for you if you climb on." He says to Atta. "Of course, I can lift you up if you like." He starts to rise, his long tail forming a counterpoint to his mass. "Where are we going, anyway?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Is there an OOC thread?
    Last edited by ColdSepp; 2008-11-11 at 09:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Zhahn

So many wondering about food... have they forgotten how to hunt? Zhahn simply continues to wheel over the group, following where they go.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

16. - Top - End - #46

"We follow friend Peter, friend Sentry. I suggest you be careful. Many of the others are small like me, or Atta, and you could harm them." Siv points towards the hole in the wall. "That is our direction. It looks big enough, but I may have to crouch down a little to make it through on your back." Siv waves his dagger towards the others "Onwards! Those who are large, aid the small if you can, else we won't make good on our escape."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Sleepy

"Thanks."
    Flattening out on Sentries back, Sleepy focuses his mind for a moment, making a field around himself so nobody hurts themselves on his pricks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Concentration check 20: (1d20+12)[15] Take 10
    Extend Power.
    3 PP: Inertial Armor +4, for the next 14 hours.
    Total AC of 22.
    Last edited by wadledo; 2008-11-11 at 10:07 PM.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Animus

Animus shuffled around in place, looking both confused and quite panicked. This is all happening very fast, why can't we just stop and talk? He sighed, This just isn't my month.

For lack of a better option, and the general concensus amongst the larger animals being 'escape', Animus followed along, flapping his wings and gliding nervously out the hole in the wall.
    Last edited by Khosan; 2008-11-11 at 10:50 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

Margaret

Margaret marches gingerly towards the opening in the wall. Towards the dust settling on freedom. Air washes in through the gap, and parts of her brain that she had never guessed existed begin to wake up.

There are urges to hunt and kill. Not just in the guaranteed victory of the lab, but in the uncertain thrill of the night.

I can be a beautifulbright quickdarkgirl. Yes and yes I can. I can fly fly fly over the earth and nothing can stop me or hold me or cage me and I am triumph I am fury I am THE KILL.

There's a staccato clatter of hind-claws on the laboratory floor, and then Margaret vanishes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Running ahead to scout. Run with the feat is five times my base movement of 160. So...800 feet? Go speedasaurous, go.
    Freelance writer and editor, at your service.

http://www.fictionpress.com/~solemncoyote

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Katrina

Katrina bounds out of the damable lab, out into open air, where she pauses, awash in the senastions. She had memories-dim ones, but memories nevertheless-of the world beyond that room, her cell. The smells, the sounds, the wind blowing throug her fur. The sights were different, but there was nothing quite like tripling one's height to change one's perspective on life.

So where's north? she asks herself, breaking away from her reveries to the more important matters at hand. Once she orients herself, she takes off due East, hoping to catch something edible before it gets scared off.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Karook

Of course, Karook says, picking up the mage's belongings easily, and then extends his paws as if shaking some cobwebs in his limbs. Everybody here? Let's go, he says, looking around. If he notices someone still not ready to leave, he will pick them off as well, before starting off into an even gait towards the now useless wall.

Once in the open, he takes a moment to get his bearings. Sure, he was once a good hunter and would probably be among the best again, but by the Green Father, it... he missed the open air. With a vicious grin, he starts running to the east ((I should have no problems finding it with a take 10, let me know if it is necessary.))

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Fawkes groans as Krrk puts on his show, incredibly vexed. Why is it that I cannot get the slightest peace here? And before it was relatively quiet. He throws a deceleration at Krrk, flaring his wings, his eyes piercing. His annoyance clearly stated, he flutters a bit, then closes his eyes once more in his repose.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex save DC 19 for halving all movement speeds.
    Spoiler
    Show
    reflex - (1d20+6)[11]

Hit in mid air by the slowblast, Krrk looks around, unhappy. Not being able to work out which idiot slowed him down, Krrk goes back to flying around the group, albeit at a slower speed.
    Last edited by SoD; 2008-11-12 at 03:11 AM.
    For the last time, it stands for Shadow of Darkness!

Thankin' Nevitan fer me babytar!

Kasaad Shadowweb-Chitine Paladin of Freedom (now a clickable link!).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt
    SoD is my favorite too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    SoD casts Pun
    SoD's Pun crits TigerHunter for 10k.
    TigerHunter dies.

Genderbender week comin' up! SoDess by Bisected8 *applause*

23. - Top - End - #53

Entara

Entara hangs on tightly. "Wheee! This is so much easier than flying myself!"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

"But..."

"No buts. You're going with them."
    Peter pushes Atta onto Sentry's back. He then moves before the group to lead them out of the area. "Okay. We are leaving." The tiny outsider dashes ahead, leading the remaining animals out of the compound while trying to catch up with the quicker animals so that they don't run too far. Luckily for him, the frightening and wonderful outside world is enthralling for most animals, and the enchanting night air, or, in the case of Freki and Katrina, the lack of prey that does not run away at top speed, gives him a chance to lead them to the correct destination. After about ten minutes, everyone seems to be lead safe and sound to what Peter claims is their destination, but which for most seem to only be a quiet forest glenn. "Ah, but you see it is not an ordinary glenn." He begins, and motions to the lake in the middle of the glenn. "Long ago, before an argument between the Celestial Hebdomad and the Council of Stars caused the Agreement of Non-Interference, we creatures of Good created a multiplanar network of magical gates, each of them inter-linked with another. We could use these to travel pretty much anywhere we wanted. However when it was decided that the holy planes were no longer allowed to contact mortals on their own initiative, the portals fell into disuse. The magic supporting them is still active, but highly unstable. Still, it is the only way I can get such a large group as yourself to heaven. Now, allow me to activate the portal." He walks up to the water and kneels, praying loudly. "I ask for the sun to shine upon my path. I ask for the moon to ward me in her pale beauty. Like the stars in the sky, I pray for hope to shine bright. Companions of the Blessed Fields, grant me success in this endeavour. Portal of the reflected moon, I beseech you to open. I who am of heaven, I who am a ward of children, innocence and humility. Open!" The surface of the water quivers slightly, and the reflection of the moon in the lake seems to expand and grow until it covers the entire surface. Peter gives a satisfied nod and turns to the animals assembled. "The portal is now open, but I cannot guarantee that it will lead to Elysium..." He frowns and turns back to the surface, just as a furry grey hand pops out of it and grabs hold of his leg. "No, let go of me. G. I can't leave now. Let..." He tries to struggle, though it is in vain. The hand quickly drags him under, leaving the rest to stare and wonder what just happened.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Bub:

Bub was asleep. The calming spell did more than just send him into a state of calm, it calmed him to the point that he slept. Sweet dreams of his children running in the woods of his home, burrowing through rich dirt, and climbing trees to find the birds to scrumptiously crunch into marrowy goodness. He smiled, if wolverines could smile.

And then he awoke with a start as a burst of fire crackled through the air. Dopely he followed suit? Why were they walking away now? He didn't know. He just didn't know, but he walked just the same--scowling and huffing if anyone got too close to the beast.

Was this a dream?

No he didn't dream anymore, not about freedom, but of his children. This was reality: cold, harsh reality and he was now free--though his kits and wife were dead and gone, transfigured monsters--like him.

So he hurried along (and at seventy feet a round overtook anyone lagging behind) catching up to watch the furry thing enchant the pool and then disapear. He didn't say anything, but he gently pressed his nose towards the surface of the pool--to see what happened. Nothing, save a wet nose.

He 'humphed,' a word that he only used for his mate, and clearly was of love. "Well we don't know what dis is goin' ta do 'dan don't we." he snuffled it was the effects of the magic that was doing this to him, "dough if we die, then it's been ... awful, but at least we die dogether? 'Dright?"

And it was the effect of the magic that he was so darn calm and rational as well.
    Last edited by WillWolf; 2008-11-12 at 06:01 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56

"We die free." Sentry nods in agreement with bub. "We should distribute the items in that box now, I think. We don't know where we will wash up or what we will find there."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    We have an OOC thread.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96258

If there are no objections, teams and loot will be split as shown.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Karook

Karook snorted. Sure don't feel like dying, especially now. Speaking of items, well, they could come in handy but they ain't mine to give. Atta, do you mind? he says, holding the box tightly as he addresses the mage. If she does not move to stop him, he will put it on the ground and open it, taking the various things in it out one by one and carefully laying them on the ground, mumbling about the possible nature of each one. Sivore, didn't you know more about this stuff?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

"Let me. I made this stuff so I know what is what." Atta jumps down from Sentry and starts to identify each item, naming what properties they have, how they work and so on.

30. - Top - End - #60

"Sentry"

Sentry waits patiently as Atta identifies the items, but then starts to fidget. "Shouldn't we hurry? And what happened to Peter, what was that thing that dragged him under?" He turns back to the pool, eying it warily.

"Atta, hurry up, please. If we have to go through, we should not risk it closing."