New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXIV: Om Nom I'm Lobster Dom

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonKing View Post
    An extradimensional creature that can render any human being powerless by willing it to be so and within a few weeks of meeting the protagonist has grown from a large ball of tentacles and fangs acting purely on hunger to figuring out who the hero is, where he lives, and how to communicate him, and it's going to be getting steadily smarter every time Dominic manages to scare it off for a while.
    Except your missing the point. If this was a good webcomic, that focused on one side (Plot or Comedy) and could do all that well I would say "Thats actualy a very good Idea" . This is DD were talking about. Take all of the above, and remove all interesting parts. Then add on ten curb stomping battles.....and facebath. Then we get what will happen.

Edit:

But If Snuggly was more original, and not just a ball of tentacles I would have liked "Eldrich Abomination" more. It could be that the whole thing would be made up of distorted reality. So the monster itself is a distortion. Treas get mouths and feathers, animals spontaneously com bust and turn into gibbering eyeballs. And nothing could hurt it.
    Last edited by TheArsenal; 2011-03-28 at 02:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ladies and gentlemen, gentlemen and ladies. I return from my hiatus to bring you a weapon against the Snarkerdammerung. I give you, the world's first strip-slay video-game, 'Punchy's Brilliant Adventure: Ley Line Scramble'. Punch.BA:LLS for short. I invite you all to check it out, marvel, question my sanity etc.

It's about 5 megabytes and the preloader takes a little while to appear, so if you just see a white screen give it a few minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXIV: Om Nom I'm Lobster Dom

Quote Originally Posted by TamerBill View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, gentlemen and ladies. I return from my hiatus to bring you a weapon against the Snarkerdammerung. I give you, the world's first strip-slay video-game, 'Punchy's Brilliant Adventure: Ley Line Scramble'. Punch.BA:LLS for short. I invite you all to check it out, marvel, question my sanity etc.

It's about 5 megabytes and the preloader takes a little while to appear, so if you just see a white screen give it a few minutes.

Words fail me.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

4. - Top - End - #184

Quote Originally Posted by Arakune View Post
    Stop making sense! Can't you see it's useless?
    Nay! To the last I reason with thee; from hell's heart I offer explanation to thee; for discussion's sake I hurl my justification at thee!

Quote Originally Posted by TheArsenal View Post
    Except your missing the point. If this was a good webcomic, that focused on one side (Plot or Comedy) and could do all that well I would say "Thats actualy a very good Idea" . This is DD were talking about. Take all of the above, and remove all interesting parts. Then add on ten curb stomping battles.....and facebath. Then we get what will happen.

Edit:

But If Snuggly was more original, and not just a ball of tentacles I would have liked "Eldrich Abomination" more. It could be that the whole thing would be made up of distorted reality. So the monster itself is a distortion. Treas get mouths and feathers, animals spontaneously com bust and turn into gibbering eyeballs. And nothing could hurt it.
    Hope springs eternal, my friend. And really, attacking The Beast seems to accomplish Jack Diddly, and tricking it's not going to work forever. Nothing CAN hurt it, as far as we can tell.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

*Slow Clap*

Sniff, Sniff. Amazing.

6. - Top - End - #186

Spoiler
    Show

Yes!

Edit:

Oh, man! That ending!

We are not worthy, TamerBill!
    Last edited by Castel; 2011-03-28 at 03:24 PM.
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonKing View Post
    Hope springs eternal, my friend. And really, attacking The Beast seems to accomplish Jack Diddly, and tricking it's not going to work forever. Nothing CAN hurt it, as far as we can tell.
    Except for talking...Pretty much nothing has changed in the beast. It used tentacles before, it uses them now. With a boost from Luna (Bless her heart) Dom killed the beast piece. I think the only reason it was powerfuller later was because of its armour. We have seen it defeated in combat twice already.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

BEER BEAR! *pow* *pow* *pow*

My goodness, I laughed so much. Truly a work of art, Tamer Bill.
    Truth resists simplicity.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

CAn you post that at armor games too? Newgrounds is blocked here.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

I think we have a new link for the first post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

11. - Top - End - #191

This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

12. - Top - End - #192

Quote Originally Posted by Arakune View Post
    CAn you post that at armor games too? Newgrounds is blocked here.
    I'd rather not use an unfamiliar site. PM me your e-mail address and I can send you a hard copy, though.

Well, that's going in my signature. For anyone wondering if there's method to my madness, I made the game to teach myself Actionscript. It's been a learning experience.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    I think we have a new link for the first post
    Seconded and added.

14. - Top - End - #194

Speaking of first post links, SWFcabin seems to have died, so the old Flash movies aren't accessible. If anyone knows of somewhere else to put them, I'd appreciate that.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I don't know how, but hearing, "Beer bear! Get the beer!" is so rewarding.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

16. - Top - End - #196

Bill: you can try http://megaswf.com/ for hosting.

I don't think it'd really fit on Armor Games or Kongregate.

Also you should email Mookie the link to Punchy's Brilliant Adventures. He'd certainly link it from his newspost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    To help compensate for this raw stupidity, allow me to offer you ponies.
    And pointed to me by an online gamer contact. From a furry artist.

Rainbow Dash, Digitized

"Okay, if he had the power of a Lobster in the first place, why did he have to get the attention of a Lobster to get rid of me? I'm calling the bluff."
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

20 games in, still stuck at the 'marvel' stage.

I won't say it's the single best thing to ever happen in these threads, but it's up there with the birth of Domiology in the golden days of the 300 page thread.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Damn those little descending claw things marnogs! They keep interfering with my punchosity! Mainly by killing me.

My record's about 100 or so. I'll keep trying a while longer, though. I want to see the ending. It has to be glorious. The game is glorious.

EDIT: Final score: 286. No idea if that's any good, but hey, I saved rescued the world.
    Last edited by Zaq; 2011-03-28 at 07:03 PM.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

I feel your pain.
    In the beginning, I kept getting killed because I didn't punch enough to get the Health Regeneration in time, and in the last phase these things are sometimes just too fast.
    (Then I kept getting killed by switching lanes too aggressively and being injured by illusions that were already too close or only just past for a while.)

But it's so worth it.

21. - Top - End - #201

That game. It's amazing. BEER BEARRRR!
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land Where 99 Men Weep and One Man Laughs

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmyst View Post
    This strip, to me, is firm evidence that Mookie is just trolling his fanbase out of existance so he can close up and move on. This degree of ineptitude cannot be generated accidentaly.
    Relevant link.

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

Johann Kraus avatar courtesy of Beleth.

23. - Top - End - #203

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    Damn those little descending claw things! They keep interfering with my punchosity! Mainly by killing me.
    The Marnogs? The trick with them is to avoid charging a MegaPunch and just use standard punches to hit them as they come down.

Marnogs! They eat Weedles!

24. - Top - End - #204
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

The Marnogs? The trick with them is to avoid charging a MegaPunch and just use standard punches to hit them as they come down.

Marnogs! They eat Weedles!
    Jah, though those were the only ones. Using mainly the mega punch worked well for me, especially on the weedles. Dodge a lot, and mega punch when you can.

The ending is pretty glorious. So was the fist shield.
    Last edited by averagejoe; 2011-03-28 at 07:03 PM.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

I had a blast.

I did find it rather sad ironic telling something that the game has a much more richly detailed background and environment than we've seen in waaaaay too long. And that's terrible. Isn't the background just Maltak?
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    Isn't the background just Maltak?
    Yup, a single panel of Vacation Arc Maltak flipped and looped. Dig the parallax scrolling on those clouds, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Also you should email Mookie the link to Punchy's Brilliant Adventures. He'd certainly link it from his newspost.
    I do wonder. I deliberately avoided using snark-exclusive elements just in case; the original version included Stunt's Head Bombs. I'm not going to e-mail him myself, but someone else is welcome to tip him off.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

My record is..... 43.

I suck at this game

(I'm pretty sure it's just me, though, as the actual game is awesome! Though when I died for the sixth time, I really REALLY wanted to just punch über-Dom in the balls XD )
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

28. - Top - End - #208

Well, that's going in my signature. For anyone wondering if there's method to my madness, I made the game to teach myself Actionscript. It's been a learning experience.
    Hooray, I've been sig'd! And that is pretty impressive for a learning project.

Quote Originally Posted by Turcano View Post
    Well, I'm not going to say that that's probably the most likely scenario, but . . .

29. - Top - End - #209

I found that it was a lot easier to go all Megaman and use near-exclusively the Mega Punch.
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    I found that it was a lot easier to go all Megaman and use near-exclusively the Mega Punch.
    Not using it is safe, though. Pretty much a guaranteed win, but you'll get like 150 points out of it.

It's the sissy way.

(Yeah, I've been playing this on and off all night.)