New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FIM] Bridle Shores General Town Thread 3

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Lemon juice, worcestershire sauce and celery salt, and my fruit leather...which I do have in The Clunker...which is all the way by the Legs House on the outskirts of town...gawd...I really don't want to go all the way over there feeling like this,"
    Gear moaned.
    "Okay, I can do the lemon juice, celery salt and Worcestershire sauce... what exactly is a clunker?" Cypress stands up, beginning to feel his cloudiness pass.
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eruantion View Post
    "Okay, I can do the lemon juice, celery salt and Worcestershire sauce... what exactly is a clunker?" Cypress stands up, beginning to feel his cloudiness pass.

"The Clunker, my mechanical wagon I built by myself over a long course of time...a long time ago, which has insectoid like legs inside of wheels. It's broken right now and parked by the outskirts of town, east road,"
    Gear commented. The talking between Cypress and herself was enhancing her headache.
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-06-28 at 03:21 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213

Cypress, realising the adverse effect the conversation was having on Gearstride, thanked her and turned to Icy. "Icy, do you want to help me find these ingredients?"
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.

Cypress RP profile

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "Although they probably are due a check up, I am setting up this appointment for something unusual. My parents were mysteriously made cripple and worn one night, and despite my ability to create a temporary solution through massage, I prefer my parents able to be independent and mobile for longer than a couple hours at a time. she explains. The snake tightens around her little body and hisses in her ear. Purple pulls the snake's head down and kisses it. "You give hugs, I give kisses. What's his name?
    "I have a wide variety of remedies for things like that... Mysterious medical emergencies are something that applies to both my specialities."

He explained, opening up his appointment book. He made a note of the massages, in case the conversation fell into a lull. At the subject of names, he and the snake stared at her, and then each-other.

"...I suppose you could say he doesn't have one. Or, at least, not one I can use normally."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "I have a wide variety of remedies for things like that... Mysterious medical emergencies are something that applies to both my specialties."

He explained, opening up his appointment book. He made a note of the massages, in case the conversation fell into a lull. At the subject of names, he and the snake stared at her, and then each-other.

"...I suppose you could say he doesn't have one. Or, at least, not one I can use normally."
    "Poor No-name gots no name." she says before kissing him again. "Do you have anything open in a week? It'll take me that long to kidna eerr... trick eerr... convince them into stepping into a doctor's office. Plus I need to give the alchemist enough time to brew a bone strengthening potion if any surgery need to be done."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    She does so!
    Blaze looked at his watch and gave Hover Heart a final squeeze.
    "Sorry, gotta catch a movie. Want to join us?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Cypress, realising the adverse effect the conversation was having on Gearstride, thanked her and turned to Icy. "Icy, do you want to help me find these ingredients?"
    "Very well." Icy sighed. "Can't leave these three here moaning for the rest of the day anyway."

Gearstride-Civic Center-Kitchen

"Thank-you beautiful...but with no vodka or my saddle bag in which I have the fruit leather substitute....I can't make the hangover cure...this blows," She wobbled over to Silverpine and joined him in being slumped on the table.

"Wanna go take a nap sweetstuff? It's the next best thing," She weakly nuzzled him on his cheek.
    "...a nap... sounds nice... headache... no nap..." Silverpine mumbled.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy tried standing up, and got a lovely dizzy spell and stabbing headache for his trouble. He flopped back down in his seat, slightly dejected. "I'd come too...but legs don't work yet...sorry..."
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

"No need. I can make such a potion in-house."

He waved a hoof and smiled, prepared to handle that. After all, he'd eat all his hats if he couldn't make a better potion than any alchemist for miles.

"He has a name...But it's a secret between the two of us."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Well I don't know it. So as long as his real name is not 'Makeyourmanefalloutifyoukissme', I'm calling hin No-Name. You don't mind, do you No-Name " Purple says the last part in cutesy baby talk and tickles the snake's tongue.

To be honest and no offense, I don't know if your potion work work. I've been through ten potions from doctors and their stuff always wears off too fast. I don't think this is a normal biologically disorder and am thinking the chemistry angle. That's why I contacted the local alchemist. Although you seem to be more talented that most of the quacks I've dealt with so your potion may work. But I mostly need you to monitor the situation if either potion works. Achemists don't know medicine and I need your brain to be there in case she accidentally poisons them or causes side effects.

(OOC: Gwyn is the alchemist)
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post

"...a nap... sounds nice... headache... no nap..." Silverpine mumbled.
    "Nice...comfy...bed might your mind," Gear uttered with her face against the table making it muffled.

12. - Top - End - #222

"Very well." Icy sighed. "Can't leave these three here moaning for the rest of the day anyway."
    "Okay, then let's get going. Ms. Gear..thingy... already told us where the fruit leather is, we should start there." Cypress beckons to Icy as he walks out and takes one slightly amused look at the three hungover ponies, happy he got off better than them.

Cypress RP profile

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride-Civic Center-Kitchen-Passing Out

"GearSTRIDE...get my name right...you wouldn't like it if I called you Cyrus now would you?" Gearstride yelled into the table before causing herself to pass out again.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

"Okay, then let's get going. Ms. Gear..thingy... already told us where the fruit leather is, we should start there." Cypress beckons to Icy as he walks out and takes one slightly amused look at the three hungover ponies, happy he got off better than them.

"GearSTRIDE...get my name right...you wouldn't like it if I called you Cyrus now would you?" Gearstride yelled into the table before causing herself to pass out again.
    "Let's go get them un-hungover before they burn down the building in search of alcohol again," Icy remarked wryly as she followed the stallion out.

Silverpine already passed into yet another drunken comatose state.

(Just assume she tags along if I don't respond. May or may not be deadtiming.)
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-06-28 at 08:46 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225

"Let's go get them un-hungover before they burn down the building in search of alcohol again," Icy remarked wryly as she followed the stallion out.

Silverpine already passed into yet another drunken comatose state.

(Just assume she tags along if I don't respond. May or may not be deadtiming.)
    "She's a bit touchy, isn't she?" Cypress remarked quietly after she was out of earshot. They walked out into the sun and onto the east road, following it to the edge of town to the Clunker.

Cypress RP profile

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

"She's a bit touchy, isn't she?" Cypress remarked quietly after she was out of earshot. They walked out into the sun and onto the east road, following it to the edge of town to the Clunker.
    "It's the alcohol talking... I think," Icy replied.

(Okay, deadtiming for real this time.)

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

"Well I don't know it. So as long as his real name is not 'Makeyourmanefalloutifyoukissme', I'm calling hin No-Name. You don't mind, do you No-Name " Purple says the last part in cutesy baby talk and tickles the snake's tongue.

To be honest and no offense, I don't know if your potion work work. I've been through ten potions from doctors and their stuff always wears off too fast. I don't think this is a normal biologically disorder and am thinking the chemistry angle. That's why I contacted the local alchemist. Although you seem to be more talented that most of the quacks I've dealt with so your potion may work. But I mostly need you to monitor the situation if either potion works. Achemists don't know medicine and I need your brain to be there in case she accidentally poisons them or causes side effects.

(OOC: Gwyn is the alchemist)
    ((He's a witchdoctor, though he likes to avoid that word. Making potions and charms to fix people is one of his twinned specialties...So that's quite a blow to his pride there.))

He was suddenly very firm, with about as much humor as a stone; apparently, mages are both touchy about their magic working and offended at the notion that they aren't good enough.

"Any potion I give would work, I assure you. My healing of ailments brought about by unusual means is a point of pride. And that's assuming surgery is needed, since you said you didn't know. An actual diagnosis is important before beginning any treatment, regardless of the nature of the ill. Chemical is biological, anyway: the body's basically a mix of chemistry, physics, and magic, with biology applying itself as a study to the former two, and..."

He takes a few deep breaths to un-rile himself, stopping mid-sentence before he did something foolish. Then he shook his head and smiled gently, speaking in a more relaxed tone.

"I wouldn't go ordering anything just yet. Surgery, and thus potions to prepare them for it, may be entirely unneeded. I prefer non-invasive methods of healing, if I can help it...Or, at least, methods of invasion that don't require the services of a surgery suite, which would take a while to prep for besides. Bring them in for a diagnosis properly first, and then we'll see what is actually needed. Any doctor who prescribes a remedy before seeing the patients is a quack, and I'd rather my patients not take unknown medicines before I see them."
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-06-28 at 09:28 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Purple/Dr. Magic's office

"I'm sorry if I offended you Dr. Magic. It's just that..." Purple's head and voice drops. She was not crying but had present company been a pair of close firends, she seemed like she might be. The mare hugged the mare and continued. ".. I'm quite pessimistic about my parents chances. I't's hard to belive on your eleventh try. But I'll bring my parents."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

19. - Top - End - #229

"It's the alcohol talking... I think," Icy replied.

(Okay, deadtiming for real this time.)
    "I hope so.. I'd hate to be around her if she's always like that." The two walked on until they saw an odd contraption broken down on the side of the road. Assuming it was the Clunker, Cypress climbed in and retrieved what he assumed was fruit leather. "Now I guess we have to get the lemon juice and such. Those might be a little trickier."

Cypress RP profile

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

"I hope so.. I'd hate to be around her if she's always like that." The two walked on until they saw an odd contraption broken down on the side of the road. Assuming it was the Clunker, Cypress climbed in and retrieved what he assumed was fruit leather. "Now I guess we have to get the lemon juice and such. Those might be a little trickier."
    "I'm sure some of the townponies would have lemon juice," Icy replied, as she levitated a crate of fruit leather beside her.

21. - Top - End - #231

"Probably. And isn't there a grill? I bet celery salt and Worcestershire sauce would be there."

Cypress RP profile

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

"Probably. And isn't there a grill? I bet celery salt and Worcestershire sauce would be there."
    "Yes there is. I ate there just yesterday." Icy answered, trying to push the uncomfortable memories of the "lunch" she had out of her mind.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Purple/Dr. Magic's office

"I'm sorry if I offended you Dr. Magic. It's just that..." Purple's head and voice drops. She was not crying but had present company been a pair of close firends, she seemed like she might be. The mare hugged the mare and continued. ".. I'm quite pessimistic about my parents chances. I't's hard to belive on your eleventh try. But I'll bring my parents."
    He put a hoof on her shoulder as the snake gave her a little squeeze. His smile, while back to a normal softness, had a rueful quality to it.

"No, no, I apologize. I let my temper get away with me."

He explained, gently. ...That was his temper? Aeriously? That was a mid-size rant, and not a very heated one. Still, temper-fail besides,

"Regardless, I'll do all I can -- and that's a good bit more variety to it than most doctors: unusual cases, not brought about by normal means, are something of a specialty of mine...Now, I'll perscribe a pain-killer to make the wait a little more bearable: they still shouldn't try and move around much, since this'll only ease out the pain, not fix the problem...But it'll make the whole thing more tolerable..."

It was nice living in a world where you could more-or-less trust people like this. Pony medicine was much more straightforward than real medicine.

"Still, the best medicine they can get through out their whole course of treatment is good spirits, Miss Pepper: and you look like a pony who can find a lot of that, I'm guessing."

He added, with an attempt at a cheering wink.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

He put a hoof on her shoulder as the snake gave her a little squeeze. His smile, while back to a normal softness, had a rueful quality to it.

"No, no, I apologize. I let my temper get away with me."

He explained, gently. ...That was his temper? Aeriously? That was a mid-size rant, and not a very heated one. Still, temper-fail besides,

"Regardless, I'll do all I can -- and that's a good bit more variety to it than most doctors: unusual cases, not brought about by normal means, are something of a specialty of mine...Now, I'll perscribe a pain-killer to make the wait a little more bearable: they still shouldn't try and move around much, since this'll only ease out the pain, not fix the problem...But it'll make the whole thing more tolerable..."

It was nice living in a world where you could more-or-less trust people like this. Pony medicine was much more straightforward than real medicine.

"Still, the best medicine they can get through out their whole course of treatment is good spirits, Miss Pepper: and you look like a pony who can find a lot of that, I'm guessing."

He added, with an attempt at a cheering wink.
    "Thank you Dr. Magic. I hope you are the answer to me and my family's prayers. I'll bring my parents in 7 days." Purple says before giving the snake another kiss.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

"Right. I hope so, too....Now, Snake, off of her. She presumably *does* have business to go about, and we've got to let the filly leave."

The snake just stuck his tongue out at the doctor. It was a special tongue-sticking out: a petulant one. He also shook his head. The doctor glared back.

"Yes, you do."

The snake shook his head again. This went on for a minute or two until the snake gave Purple a kiss.

"Well, if love her so much, why don't you marry her?"

The snake nodded enthusiastically.

"...Dear Celestia, he thought that was a real invitation..."

The doctor rubbed a temple.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-06-29 at 12:29 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Yes, No-Name. I have to go to work. she answered.

The mare couldn't even tell the snake she was taken. Purple loved the attention.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot-His House-

Fox was going over his records, at the moment he was flipping through deciding which one he thought Silvermane could appreciate, a sort of belated birthday gift. Selecting one, he put it aside for gift wrapping.

He set to the kitchen to put his coffee mug away. It was then he got a message from Soft.

Oh dear.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, No-Name. I have to go to work. she answered.

The mare couldn't even tell the snake she was taken. Purple loved the attention.
    ""There, see? Now, you'll see her again later."

The snake slithered off dejectedly.

"He gets that way. Well, I'll see you off; I'm headed to the woods to do a bit of herb-gathering."

To get ready, he levitated a basket onto his back and took off his hat. Underneath was a hat entirely indistinguishable from the first, except slightly -- but not so much that space-time didn't lay down and weep -- smaller.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #239

"Yes there is. I ate there just yesterday." Icy answered, trying to push the uncomfortable memories of the "lunch" she had out of her mind.
    "Okay, then. I guess we can head there first?"

Cypress RP profile

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

""There, see? Now, you'll see her again later."

The snake slithered off dejectedly.

"He gets that way. Well, I'll see you off; I'm headed to the woods to do a bit of herb-gathering."

To get ready, he levitated a basket onto his back and took off his hat. Underneath was a hat entirely indistinguishable from the first, except slightly -- but not so much that space-time didn't lay down and weep -- smaller.
    Purple/Doctor's office.

"Okay. Goodbye Doctor Magic. And thanks for everything."
    Purple kicked her skateboard forward out the door. Before hopping onboard, she blows a flirty kiss to her new snake friend. "Bye Bye No-Name."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater