New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIV: Boots on Hooves / Bikinis on Top

And It's Always Sunny just hit 201 ratings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av8NTy5WkFc

And thanks to everyone who's given me feedback on Semper Fidelis.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I'm actively trying to make it make less sense. The Pink One demands it.
    But you can't, because Luna Lokisdaughter is the best name ever.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-11 at 04:23 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Y'know why I love this thread?

I can come up with an insane theory that two alicorns from a children's television program are the children of a temporarily species and gender bent Norse god of mischief...

and nobody blinks and they just roll with it.
    Is that so odd? Norse mythology is awesome, and Loki already gave birth to one magical horse (though I will now imagine Slepnir as a pony).

3. - Top - End - #963
    Firbolg in the Playground

And It's Always Sunny just hit 201 ratings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av8NTy5WkFc

And thanks to everyone who's given me feedback on Semper Fidelis.

But you can't, because Luna Lokisdaughter is the best name ever.
    NegaLuna NegaLokisdaughter
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

4. - Top - End - #964
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Applejack's large number of last-place votes does seem unusual. No love for farmers?
    ...In my case, it's not as much as being farmer, but her having... very unfortunate implications behind her behavior. Had she been just hard-working girl, or cowboy stereotype, I'd have ranked her higher.

Also, I think S2 needs to have ponies based on stereotypes from around the world, not just random and sometimes obscure US ones, IMHO. But that's just me.

Something that doesn't often seem to be touched upon. Celestia must have really levelled up in the last thousand years, where as Luna doesn't seem to have grown much, and may even have lost some of her powers thanks to Nightmare Moon's banishing (I'm going by the assumption that Celestia didn't fight Nightmare because she wanted her sister back). My guess is there is a massive power disparity between the sisters after a thousand years one being unable to do much and the other having to do double duty.
    Might be? Although, I'd expect Celestia to be so overworked Luna might be capable to catch up at least in the vicinity pretty quickly.

And the issue of 'leveling' and individual power was something I wanted to write about in one fic for a pretty long time :P

The proof? Well, we all know that after the time skip, the character's hair changes (and usually gets longer); and Celestia's has apparently changed colour too!
    Well. Maybe it's some sort of 'living armor'? Basically, Celestia's appearance being outside magical construct? It would have explained how shattering Nightmare Moon's armor made her smaller and non-flowy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Sidenote: rewatched Boast Busters again. Applejack's tail is able to hold a rope, which implies that at least some ponies can use their tails prehensily. (Either by skill or natural talent.) Didn't really think about it the first time around.

Maybe Earth pony magic (maybe all pony magic) allows them to hold and manipulate things via some form of tactile telekinesis? (It would explain things like Pinkie's flying contraptions.) It would mean unicorn telekinesis would be essentially the equivilent of having extra limbs (allowing them to excel at things which require that kind of manipulation), but wouldn't preclude other ponies from doing things requiring fine manipulation. Unicorns generally use their TK because it's easier, but not because it's the only way of doing things.
    Eh, I don't think so. Beginning of Ep 1, Twilight's tail is strong enough to hold Spike, then Nighmare Moon pets Fluttershy with her own, so I'd assume it's a talent all ponies have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    Humanized ponies image dump!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh! I was waiting for this image for a pretty long time!

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Mental image of Twixie-Midnight family holiday dinner:

*Burnt and undistinguishable food stuff on table

Midnight: "Um... mom, dinner didn't turn out too well." *buries head in cook book. "I was sure it said 500 degrees."

Twilight: *buries head in another book "Well, the 'Holiday Cooking 101' says to try rosemary and thyme"

Midnight & Twilight: *busy discuss technicallity of various recipe as books pile up around them and more food burns.

Trixie: *facehoof "Spike? Dragon-gram to the Catering Ponies."
    ...needs an argument on which temperature scale they should have used
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

5. - Top - End - #965
    Troll in the Playground

NegaLuna NegaLokisdaughter
    Is this part of the theory that the opposite side of the world is exactly like the Equestria side, only everypony has a Star Trek mirror universe type goatee?
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

6. - Top - End - #966
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seft Sirag View Post
    Not sure I can help you with the name, I'm afraid, but I liked the story - I'm a fan of folky/acappella stuff, so it clicked with me on that front, and it feels right as a pony backstory to me.

Now I'm feeling the need to flesh out Shining/"Nightlight"'s backstory a little more.
    Thanks! ^^. I did my absolute best to keep it feeling like a legitimate pony backstory while at the same time making it original.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

7. - Top - End - #967

Is this part of the theory that the opposite side of the world is exactly like the Equestria side, only everypony has a Star Trek mirror universe type goatee?
    Yes, the one that involves High Noon, the offspring of NegaLuna's student, Morning Glow.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #968
    Troll in the Playground

Alternately Loki had quadruplets.

9. - Top - End - #969

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    EDIT: Also, I presume my OC was a tl;dr, huh? XD
    Sorry, I ran out for a bit and didn't have time to read it beforehand. It's certainly an interesting story, although I'd find it difficult for him to make his way into Ponyville (in case you were planning on writing something like that).

As for naming, I'd think the best name would be something that makes sense for a farmpony but has singing connotations. "Golden Ear" might work, referring to corn but also to his singing talent, but that perhaps sounds a bit weak.

Welp, I've completely lost track of what's going on in the airship battle, so have a pony-generator'd Shining Shores/"Nightlight";

Spoiler
    Show
    Why the lightbulb cutie mark? I remember you mentioning that before, but outside a lighthouse I don't think I recall anything about him. (I'd think a stylized lighthouse might work as well, in that case.)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ...In my case, it's not as much as being farmer, but her having... very unfortunate implications behind her behavior. Had she been just hard-working girl, or cowboy stereotype, I'd have ranked her higher.
    What do you mean by "unfortunate implications"? Is this the pig-raising topic again?

10. - Top - End - #970

Sorry, I ran out for a bit and didn't have time to read it beforehand. It's certainly an interesting story, although I'd find it difficult for him to make his way into Ponyville (in case you were planning on writing something like that).

As for naming, I'd think the best name would be something that makes sense for a farmpony but has singing connotations. "Golden Ear" might work, referring to corn but also to his singing talent, but that perhaps sounds a bit weak.
    It's the best I've heard so far, so I'll use it as unofficial for now. I figure if I ever want to write him into Ponyville, Pinkie Pie could get a hold of him for a celebration for Applejack, since that makes the most sense with his style of singing and history.

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

11. - Top - End - #971
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    *Gasp*
    Eh, that 'yes yes yes' was one scene I truly disliked, too :P

Also, I think that a certain blue unicorn might have a few choice words to say about that!

Edit: I just realized that if we count Lyra, Luna, The Great and Powerful Trixie, Hullabaloo, Soft Serve, and myself we have at least six blue unicorns around here. There are probably even more that I have forgotten about.

Edit Edit: I forgot Lixie! Sorry about that.
    ...I wanted to copy/paste images of all blue unicorns from the show here, but I gave up upon seeing I'd need to deal with over a dozen, not counting the above, and possibly more, seeing as Lyra and Vinyl have strong blue components in their colors

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Bah, I'm going to need time. Sweet sweet time. As it is, 24 hours in a day is scarcely enough to draw, write AND keep real-life going at the same time. But okay, let's say I'm hypothetically interested in starting, what material should I get? (I'm leaning towards pencil sketches. At least I can doodle ponies while I'm bored.)
    Materials are unimportant. You can learn even with pen and lined paper. What's important is HOW you hold the pen, how to see shapes, and how to see colors. That's it

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    This image warrents a special mention:

Spoiler
    Show

See? Awesome. (Even if Spike is bigger than in my own personal fanon.)
    I like this image. Notably, it brings up something unfortunate I realized about any potential Spike/Rarity pairings, the discrepancy in pony/dragon maturation. Fortunately, dragons seem to mature emotionally/mentally much faster than they do physically. Still, I feel bad for Spike, that he would grossly outlive his love.

What do you mean by "unfortunate implications"? Is this the pig-raising topic again?
    I too am confused! Maybe it's the "Apple family Mafia" theory?
    Last edited by mikeejimbo; 2011-07-11 at 04:59 PM. Reason: grammar
    Thanks to zegma for my awesome avatar.
    Proudly the founder of the Mr. Scruffy fanclub.
    We will not let Nessie down! http://www.petitiononline.com/PLEAOSAR/
    My DMs' Guild Stuff

13. - Top - End - #973
    Troll in the Playground

I'm geniunely curious as to what those implications are. I'm European and, as much as we like to whine complain about American cultural invasion, I'm puzzled as to what you're referring to. Unless it's not forum appropriate to tell me. Then please don't.

As for the 'favourite pony' thing, this is my current list, with annotations:

Spoiler
    Show
    1. Rarity
    2. Ponies That Are Not Rarity And Also Not In 3rd Place*
    3. Twilight Sparkle**

* I would attempt to expand this category, but it'd take more time thinking about ponies than I currently have.
    ** Not that I don't like her most of the time, but her particular brand of social awkwardness is one I rarely find amusing.

Materials are unimportant. You can learn even with pen and lined paper. What's important is HOW you hold the pen, how to see shapes, and how to see colors. That's it
    Agreed. 90% of amateur artists have 'ballpoint and notebook margins' as their starting materials
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2011-07-11 at 05:09 PM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahh yes, I had forgotten that I was going to post my own list - thank you for reminding me.

Spoiler
    Show
    1. Fluttershy

But then I decided to actually follow the rules and came up with:

Spoiler
    Show
    1. Fluttershy
    2. Twilight Sparkle
    3. Rarity
    4. Pinkie Pie
    5. Rainbow Dash
    6. Applejack

I would like to note that Twilight and Rarity are pretty much tied, as are Rainbow Dash and Applejack. And I like them all so it was a very sad process to try to put them in order.

Still, I seem to be the only one who finds Twilight's awkwardness cute.
    Last edited by mikeejimbo; 2011-07-11 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Formatting <_<
    Thanks to zegma for my awesome avatar.
    Proudly the founder of the Mr. Scruffy fanclub.
    We will not let Nessie down! http://www.petitiononline.com/PLEAOSAR/
    My DMs' Guild Stuff

15. - Top - End - #975
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, I don't think so. Beginning of Ep 1, Twilight's tail is strong enough to hold Spike, then Nighmare Moon pets Fluttershy with her own, so I'd assume it's a talent all ponies have.
    I did correct myself earlier on it not being specific to earth ponies when someone pointed that out. (I just couldn't remember noticing anyone else do it before.)

I definately think the limited tactile TK is the answer to pony manipulation though. It's in line with other passive magical abilities (e.g. pegasus cloud waling, which arguably could be an improved adaption of same).

I'm also convinced Pinkie Pie is a psionic character in an otherwise mostly magical world. (I'm certainly gonna treat her as such if I ever write that story I keep mulling over...)

Also, Spike's teleport breath weapon = Baleful Teleport? (My PCs have beenfighting slaughtering psionic kobolds today.

It also proved all the teleporty-psionic Naruto-ninja tricks in the world don't help if the monsters are 9 levels below the PCs and even the bosses can't hit their touch ACs... Crystalstorm seemed like such a better option that Swarm of Crystals at the NPC generation (it wasn't), and I got all excited before I realised the one that was the no-save no-SR autodamage was the one I hadn't picked. Al the Con damage in the world won't help if you can't hit the buggers...)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-07-11 at 05:06 PM.

16. - Top - End - #976

Other side of the world:
    Spoiler
    Show

1000 years ago was the day that lasted. When unknown forces caused the sun to hang in the sky, the Sun-goddess tried to take the power of her sister for herself. Under the blinding yellow sky, the moon goddess was able to banish her wayward kin into the sun.

A millennium later, the princess' star pupil, Morning Glow, is sent to coordinate the winter solstice event at a local town of importance. Once there, she finds the whole place a mess but decides making friends will fix everything.

When the princess fails to arrive for the celebration, the legendary Iron Hoof makes her appearance. Now, Morning and the only 5 ponies that believe her need to set off to prevent the endless day. Her team:

A lazy farm mare that never recovered from the untimely death of her parents. Can she keep on the straight and narrow to save the world and help her brother run the farm, or will she keep lying to everyone, even herself about her abilities.

Once happy-go-lucky, the baker earth pony in the group is now a mess. When her family's farm went under due to drought, she just can't find the beauty and joy in anything, despite the pony she actually is.

A struggling seamstress of some talent needs to learn that not everypony is out to take advantage of her. Despite appearances, she actively tries to help the rest of the group, even when it would hurt her.

The local wildlife caretaker is boastful and boisterous, but the few that can get close to her realize it's just an act to cover her insecurities. Will she be able to come out of her hard shell and expose her soft side when it's needed?

Nopony really sees much of the local weather-coordinator. Whatever it was that set her friend from flight school on her overblown path had the opposite effect. A reclusive loner, she must learn that there are ponies she can trust or the group will fail

I think that's sufficiently mirror worldy.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-07-11 at 05:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #977

@Darthbobcat: I just read through what you have for Semper Fidelis so far and I enjoyed it. I'd give you feedback, but I am pretty terrible at the whole criticism angle, and the only glaring flaws I saw were already mentioned by Seft Sirag a page back.

Since everypony else is doing it, my rankings:
    Spoiler
    Show

1) Fluttershy
    2) Twilight
    2) Pinkie Pie
    4) Rainbow Dash
    5) Applejack
    6) Rarity

Yes, I know there is two rank 2 ponies. I personally cannot chose between them which I like more. Also the standard disclaimer that I still like all of the characters.

Airship Battle Time:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Kommodore surveys the scene. Things are beginning to get iffy, too many torpiedoes, muffins, cupcakes, and...was that a screen door?...flying about.

He turns from the window and trots over to a carefully sealed case in the back of the room. He puts two heavy gloves on and removes the lid, revealing a small patch of Poison Joke. After making sure the setup was right, he puts the lid back on the container.

Time to take the fight to them, prepare to ram Siuis' ship! And watch out for that flying...thing!

18. - Top - End - #978

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mikeejimbo View Post
    Hey, she was my #2 as well! Given that she made first place with our little poll, I'd say she's rather popular.

For me, the top choices were Fluttershy and Twilight. They were the characters I most like and can most identify with. Out of the two, Fluttershy won for having better moments in the series than Twilight. Rainbow Dash/Applejack were next, with Rainbow slightly winning due to more epic moments. Rarity was after that, having a nice personality but only rarely getting much of a chance to show it off.

Pinkie Pie came in last due to preferring the others. I'm sure she'd be nice to hang around with for awhile, but I couldn't stand the crazy every day.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Dwarf in the Playground

Why the lightbulb cutie mark? I remember you mentioning that before, but outside a lighthouse I don't think I recall anything about him. (I'd think a stylized lighthouse might work as well, in that case.)
    That would be because I didn't really go into too much detail about him.

It was basically an attempt to put something together that very loosely resembled the image that formed in my head when I first thought about his mark - a lightbulb partially surrounded by a swirling wave. Unfortunately, I'm no artist, and only have Paint, so this was the best I could manage.

I also wanted something that was a bit more subtle and/or abstract than the lighthouse*, but I agree that it would work far better. I guess when I sort out the how and why behind his career choice, I can make things make more sense.

*I'm not a huge fan of the cutie mark = career defining feature concept, especially in combination with the theme naming, but to go against the grain too much leads to an out-of-place OC, and I'd rather fit in than stand out to egregiously.

Formerly Seft Sirag, now an an unusual desert.

20. - Top - End - #980

Air-'ship time!

Spoiler
    Show
    Is that? The Harbinger!"
    Flock runs off to the guest room, taking as much gunpowder as she can carry along the way. She bursts into the room - grinning like a madpony holding her own weight in explosives. Flock takes a moment to be grateful this was not her first impression. Wouldn't want to do things by half measures, after all.
    Shadow, hoist the Scoltish Princess over your shoulders and grab a hold, we're meeting up with the ship!" she yells, elated.
    "But how will this get us-" his eyes widen as they go from standing on increasingly Silly planks in the dreamworld to hurtling through the lack of air in the Void, the Harbinger materialising beneath them - also falling from the sky. The ship levels off, however, once no longer being at risk of breaking its captain's fall terminally.

The crews vision swims as the ship forces its way back into the dreamworld.
    "Ready the guns, boys, we're firing on all but the wizard's ship! If they leave without being riddled with holes you've not done your jobs! And you know what that means, right!"
    Flock pauses to look at Shadow, her captive bargaining chip and the assorted void-puppets and dreamworld hangers-on that formed her crew.
    "Look, just hop to it or I'll drop you in the Void. Or kick you overboard. Or erase you. Whatever. The point is, get moving before nasty things happen - otherwise I'll have to start dealing out discipline. And no, you don't know what that means - if you did you'd be weeping too much to be of any use. Now, you sons of bilgerats!"

Also, to whoever linked that Sabaton song: at some point I have to be part of organising an assembly at school. Thanks to you it will be a history lesson delivered via Swedish power metal. I will be singing the last two choruses and encouraging other to do so. I will not be using a video, but a slideshow with the lyrics and some appropriate facts. One of these slides will feature Moustache!Spike in the background. I hope you're happy, because I am! Not really, but I have felt happy only once in the last six years or so - don't sweat it.
    Last edited by ScionoftheVoid; 2011-07-11 at 05:34 PM.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Troll in the Playground

Why the heck not. My OC Pony and backstory. I still need a name for him though, so help would be appreciated!

Spoiler
    Show

Wall of Text Warning

[Insert Name Here] was born on a hay farm just outside of Fillydelphia, in an extremely remote and rural town. Fillydelphia was just too far away for most of the earth ponies who lived anywhere within any kind of reasonable distance, and the young Pegasus grew more and more restless with the same faces and names and nothing to do on what little downtime he was afforded on the farm. He repeated attempted to convince his family to go into Fillydelphia on his own, but they kept informing him that the life of a city pony was too dangerous. They always told him he could go if a friend did, knowing full well that was impossible due to the fact that they were the only family of Pegasi in the town.

The older and older he got without receiving his cutie mark from working on the farm served as an indicator for him that something just wasn't right, somehow this life wasn't for him. One night he snuck off into the city, his wings carrying him fast enough to make it under an hour, a trek which would have taken any of his classmates all night. With barely any time to take in the sights of the big city an older pony seemingly came from nowhere, and smelling of... something strange (read: alcohol). The tipsy pony tried to whisk [Name] off into a back alley for something which he couldn't quite determine through the incoherent mumbling and slurring of his words. With a quick kick, [Name] was able to escape, running into the nearest building, which happened to be a Karaoke bar. The singing that he heard upon entering was adulterously atrocious, and within two or three contestants, the rural pony had calmed down more than enough to focus on the ear splitting noises and whines coming from the microphone.

"Shoot, I can do better than that!" He loudly exclaimed, trotting with something to prove to the front of the room. The stage lights were bright, and the colt suddenly was hit with a major bought of stage fright when they finally let the loudmouth up. The fancy music they were playing just wasn't doing it for him, and the song he picked just... didn't sound right. The pony manning the jukebox told him it was called "pop", and after a quarter of the song had been sat through in silence, he motioned for him to turn it off. Instead of getting off of the stage, downtrodden and embarrassed, never to return to the city again like everyone expected, he glanced to the crowd, grinned, and began immediately spouting an acappella version of some of the music he actually knew and enjoyed. Something a little folksy, a little down home, and most definitely not the style of the folks in this high class section of the city.

He didn't get applause at the end of the song for it itself. However, the light show had been something a little more spectacular. About halfway through his song, a soft glow began to form on his flank. By the time he had finished and put those other ponies in their places, right like he had intended to do, a microphone could be seen squarely on his flank. For a moment, he was awash in pride at the thought that he had finally discovered his talent. He had never given it his all while he was working the fields, instead just humming or mumbling a little diddy under his breath.

Quickly, realization hit him. There... was no way in all of Equestria that he was going to be able to hide his little nocturnal adventure from his folks now.

Without even collecting a single comment from anyone, the colt raced out of the door, and flew as fast as his wings could carry him back to the farm, landing just as the sun began to come up. He managed to hide his new cutie mark for a day or two, faking sickness in order to keep some covers over his flank. But after a while, his family dragged him out of bed, only to see the glaring sign that something just wasn't right.

Instead of punishing him as he expected, they forced him to sing. "If that's really 'yer talent, let's hear it." And hear it they did. They were so floored by the fact that he had never displayed his ability to sing before like this that they essentially forgot all about punishing him.

Five years later, as a fully grown stallion, he moved to a suburb of Manehattan with his parents well wishes to try and start a life of his own, using his own abilities to make a good, honest living, just like his parents had instilled.

Sometimes, you just can't take all of the country out of the pony; no matter how well they take to city living.
    Nice, though I still wonder about colored wings :P

Also, I kind of wonder how they expect him to make 'honest' living but okay

Welp, I've completely lost track of what's going on in the airship battle, so have a pony-generator'd Shining Shores/"Nightlight";

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmmm, pretty nice, non-clashing colors, though, eye seems to be a bit too bright. Tail could use 2 colors, and the mark is really nice if really drawn in paint only.

Also, alicorn body shape. Why it's so popular these days? :E

<shrug> See Bridle Gossip and Look Before You Sleep for examples.

I'm... rather neutral on the subject of ponies liking bacon

Other side of the world:
    Spoiler
    Show

1000 years ago was the day that lasted. When unknown forces caused the sun to hang in the sky, the Sun-goddess tried to take the power of her sister for herself. Under the blinding yellow sky, the moon goddess was able to banish her wayward kin into the sun.

A millennium later, the princess' star pupil, Morning Glow, is sent to coordinate the winter solstice event at a local town of importance. Once there, she finds the whole place a mess but decides making friends will fix everything.

When the princess fails to arrive for the celebration, the legendary Iron Hoof makes her appearance. Now, Morning and the only 5 ponies that believe her need to set off to prevent the endless day. Her team:

A lazy farm mare that never recovered from the untimely death of her parents. Can she keep on the straight and narrow to save the world and help her brother run the farm, or will she keep lying to everyone, even herself about her abilities.

Once happy-go-lucky, the baker earth pony in the group is now a mess. When her family's farm went under due to drought, she just can't find the beauty and joy in anything, despite the pony she actually is.

A struggling seamstress of some talent needs to learn that not everypony is out to take advantage of her. Despite appearances, she actively tries to help the rest of the group, even when it would hurt her.

The local wildlife caretaker is boastful and boisterous, but the few that can get close to her realize it's just an act to cover her insecurities. Will she be able to come out of her hard shell and expose her soft side when it's needed?

Nopony really sees much of the local weather-coordinator. Whatever it was that set her friend from flight school on her overblown path had the opposite effect. A reclusive loner, she must learn that there are ponies she can trust or the group will fail
    Um... I'd like some of these more than the originals, to be honest ^^"

If they have to be stereotypes, I'd like them to be stereotypes that actually have to work in order to win. Also, if we really want to have kid component in the show, one helping shy ones come to terms with themselves would be... nice, I guess.

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

22. - Top - End - #982
    Troll in the Playground

I'm... rather neutral on the subject of ponies liking bacon
    What's wrong with that? Bacon is a vegetable.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

23. - Top - End - #983

Nice, though I still wonder about colored wings :P

Also, I kind of wonder how they expect him to make 'honest' living but okay
    The colored wings was because he was visually based on my primary OC, who has copper colored wings. I guess it didn't translate fantastically, but... XD

As for the 'honest' living, they want him to try to stick to the values they taught him of making his way through hard work and effort. It makes sense to me, but if everyone else is having an issue with that then it can be taken out. :P

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #984
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mikeejimbo View Post
    Ahh yes, I had forgotten that I was going to post my own list - thank you for reminding me.

Spoiler
    Show
    1. Fluttershy

But then I decided to actually follow the rules and came up with:

Spoiler
    Show
    1. Fluttershy
    2. Twilight Sparkle
    3. Rarity
    4. Pinkie Pie
    5. Rainbow Dash
    6. Applejack

I would like to note that Twilight and Rarity are pretty much tied, as are Rainbow Dash and Applejack. And I like them all so it was a very sad process to try to put them in order.

YES YES YES YES is cute.

Having a reference guide for a sleepover is cute.

"Oh no, if I use my talents that my friends already know I have, they will shun me!" is annoying to me.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Troll in the Playground

As for the 'honest' living, they want him to try to stick to the values they taught him of making his way through hard work and effort. It makes sense to me, but if everyone else is having an issue with that then it can be taken out. :P
    ...I wonder, do groupies figure into this somehow?

And I don't have problem, I just see hoof laborer attitude clash with needed creativity, sometimes.

"Oh no, if I use my talents that my friends already know I have, they will shun me!" is annoying to me.
    Well, AJ pushing RD (and Rarity) from being neutral to booing Trixie's magic rather didn't helped with that

And anyone asks why I don't like AJ :E

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

26. - Top - End - #986

GnomeWizardGuy

<shrug> See Bridle Gossip and Look Before You Sleep for examples.
    Funny, I kind of liked Look Before You Sleep. Applejack acts before she thinks, frequently gets her hooves stuck in her mouth, and tends to assume her way is the best way. She's well represented in that episode. If anything, I'd say that Rarity gets the short end of the branch there - she is exceptionally fussy and completely unable to operate with just a window open. Compare that to how she acts in A Dog and Pony Show.

I'm not sure what you mean for Bridle Gossip, though. Appletini acted just as bad as everyone else.

27. - Top - End - #987

Funny, I kind of liked Look Before You Sleep. Applejack acts before she thinks, frequently gets her hooves stuck in her mouth, and tends to assume her way is the best way. She's well represented in that episode. If anything, I'd say that Rarity gets the short end of the branch there - she is exceptionally fussy and completely unable to operate with just a window open. Compare that to how she acts in A Dog and Pony Show.

I'm not sure what you mean for Bridle Gossip, though. Appletini acted just as bad as everyone else.
    Wasn't this examples of "unfortunate implications" behind AJ's actions? These actions being that she openly heckles showpeople that she doesn't have to watch if she doesn't want to (she doesn't even live in the town proper) and is racist (moreso than anyone else in the episode, with the possible exception of Pinkie), respectively. That these are good examples of her character is what bothers Trixie (presumably).

28. - Top - End - #988

This thread moves way too fast to make formal requests. It's like one giant train of ponies doing the conga along the beach. La-pa-pa-dum-pum...Paa! La-pa-pa-dum-pum...Paa! Horse-shoe marks are in the sand. Small dragons are scurrying about with trays of empty or full drinks. Most of those beverages have the little tropical umbrellas in them, along with straws.

And the palm trees sway in the early evening breeze while standing torches are about to be lit...

Um...where was I? Oh, this thread moves too fast! I was going to ask something along the lines of, "If you were going to run a game about My Little Pony in some role-play game system which system would it be? And why?"
    Last edited by Story Time; 2011-07-11 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Grammar

29. - Top - End - #989
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Wasn't this examples of "unfortunate implications" behind AJ's actions? These actions being that she openly heckles showpeople that she doesn't have to watch if she doesn't want to (she doesn't even live in the town proper) and is racist (moreso than anyone else in the episode, with the possible exception of Pinkie), respectively. That these are good examples of her character is what bothers Trixie (presumably).
    Nobody except Apple Bloom looked good in that episode. I don't see Applejack as being worse than the rest of them.

I mean, it's one thing to be scared of the unusual. In fact, it's horse psychology ever more than it is human psychology. The reason war elephants were effective against armies that had never faced them was that a horse, if presented with an animal it has never seen before, will freak out and run.

It's another thing to go

"Those stripes are gauche."

"They're her skin."

"(FAINT)"

And I'm not picking on Rarity here. I'm just saying. Nobody came out of that episode looking good except for Apple Bloom and, to a lesser extent, Twilight. It just seems unfair that Applejack gets singled out for it more than the others.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-11 at 06:05 PM.

30. - Top - End - #990

Quote Originally Posted by Story Time View Post
    Um...where was I? Oh, this thread move too fast! I was going to ask something along the lines of, "If you were going to run a game about My Little Pony in some role-play game system which system would it be? And why?"
    I might use one particular Final Fantasy RPG I found, because it seems to have the kit to make appropriate creatures whilst being in-depth enough on said creature's creation that I would use lots of roleplaying challenges (I'm lazy, okay). The classes also seem to be appropriate for such a game. Or I'd just use 3.5 as my native system and the one everyone here knows.

If you would like a link to the system I'm talking about (it's name escapes me), I'll provide one in the morning. 'Night, everypony. Try not to have too much fun without me (remember: there is no such thing as "too much fun").

Edit:@DBC: Rarity is normally very fashion concious and can be insensitive about mentioning someone else's poor fashion sense (I'm not really putting this well, see Boast Busters), Pinkie Pie is normally weird, Rainbow is normally stubborn and easily provoked to action, Fluttershy is normally quiet and happy to go along with everyone else. Twilight acts normally, too, resisting evidence until it's just to much of a strain on her worldview. Applejack's personality goes from "caring" to "massively overprotective" and from bravery up with Rainbow to litterally cowering in fear because of Zecora's precense. Noone came out of that episode well but Apllejack came out of it the worst. But these are Trixie's concerns, not mine. I'm just guessing, and could be completely off the mark. Okay, now it's goodnight to everypony.