New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XVI: There's a Pony for That!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Which one is Leo carrying around on his back that went catatonic when DBC said she could use an "M-Word" after Hullabaloo said she wasn't good enough for Midnight.
    The one from the main pony RP? The daughter of Soft Serve and Lixie? 20 some years old?

Still not quite sure what you're asking. Sorry.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    The one from the main pony RP? The daughter of Soft Serve and Lixie? 20 some years old?

Still not quite sure what you're asking. Sorry.
    I haven't read the main pony rp, I'm basically wondering if we're looking for thread Trixie, (who's responded) or Midnight Trixie, and if we're looking for Midnight Trixie, why thread Trixie is there too. I totally want both of them to be there, confusion and chaos seem to drive Equestria after all.

Plus the idea of the two Trixies dueling highlander (there can be only one!) style before starting to make out right before Midnight's Twilight walks in (possibly with Celestia).
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

And people wonder why I just ignore the RP in the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't read the main pony rp, I'm basically wondering if we're looking for thread Trixie, (who's responded) or Midnight Trixie, and if we're looking for Midnight Trixie, why thread Trixie is there too. I totally want both of them to be there, confusion and chaos seem to drive Equestria after all.

Plus the idea of the two Trixies dueling highlander (there can be only one!) style before starting to make out right before Midnight's Twilight walks in (possibly with Celestia).
    Thread Trixie, not Midnight Trixie.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Question, everypony.

How do we know that TG&PT's name is "Trixie" and not "Tricksy"?

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    Question, everypony.

How do we know that TG&PT's name is "Trixie" and not "Tricksy"?
    A: "Tricksy" is a stupid name.
    B: IIRC Word of God.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

I have been looking for some kind of WoG and haven't found any. That's why I'm asking around here.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    A: "Tricksy" is a stupid name.
    B: IIRC Word of God.
    I don't know, "Trixie" could be considered a stupid name too.That being said, "Trixie" is how it's spelled on the subtitles for the series.
    Last edited by Brazen Shield; 2011-07-20 at 08:54 PM.
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I love my filly~

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    I don't know, "Trixie" could be considered a stupid name too.
    At least it is far better then "Tricksy".
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

10. - Top - End - #460

GnomeWizardGuy

I have been looking for some kind of WoG and haven't found any. That's why I'm asking around here.
    The Hub spells her name "Trixie". As far as I know, all other official sources spell her name the same way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

11. - Top - End - #461
    Bugbear in the Playground

Would this be close enough for you?
    Last edited by Gadora; 2011-07-20 at 08:55 PM.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    It's because you become aware of the fact that there's suddenly something to remove. And a body you were previously totally comfortable with is suddenly hiding secrets from you, teasing you and tantalizing and whispering promises of what might be. Then they're naked again, and they instantly go back to being cute little marshmallow ponies (leaving room for pose and facial expression, of course). That's it in a nutshell. Totally natural.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    So...rainbow is made out of pony vomit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    I just got a ponytar with a rainbow too...

No, rainbows are not made of pony vomit. That would make no sense.

No, silly. If the Internet is to be believed, rainbows are distilled unicorn urine.
    Which really puts a weird spin on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    So... Soft Serve and I decided that my element could be compassion. If it's not already taken, and it's not too ambitious... Can I have it?
    I'm sold. Compassion it is!

*Midnight blushes furiously.
    "This really isn't my fault this time! It wasn't me, honest! At least I don't think I set up any djinni spell tra-Oh, right...rather, I thought I clean them all up.."
    So there are random motion-activated Turn-Me-Into-A-Djinni traps, all around?
    *makes a point of standing very still, narrowed profile*

Quote Originally Posted by mikeejimbo View Post
    I'm not actually fine with that, though. I could never do that to her. .
    But Fluttershy herself would rather you do it.
    What's your decision? Leave Fluttershy hanging, and sad, but feel good about yourself?
    Or leave Fluttershy hanging and happy, but feel soiled?

Quote Originally Posted by Blade 7 View Post
    Ok, let's see... *
    Rarity and the Sea Serpent have several things in common, fabulous looks, so on and so forth. *Plenty of base to build a ship on, right? *And so, we're off!

Spoiler
    Show

** Stephen the Sea Serpent decides that he never really properly thanked Rarity for fixing his fabulous facial hair. *Also he's a bit lonely, what with living in the Evergreen Forest and all. *(The fishes in his part of the river don't talk much, you see.) *So, he decides to go see her in Ponyville. *After an amusing misadventure involving a rather startled Fluttershy* and a protective Angel, he finally manages to get directions to the Carousel Boutique.
    ** When he arrives there, she is rather surprised to see him, but being Rarity, invites him in for tea and mints.** *They have a nice long talk about fashions and such, him having to catch up on the last 300 years of history and fashion changes. *(He's been out there a while.) *He leaves as dusk comes, but promises to come back soon. *A week later he does...

I imagine Rarity, Stephen, Fluttershy, and the Manticore*** all living on the same manor in a few years. *Stephen naturally has a decent pile of wealth to fund this.**** *Rarity wouldn't let him upgrade the shop though. *She wants to do that with her own proceeds.

*She lives on the edge of Evergreen Forest, so he would probably see her place first.
    **I don't quite know why mints. *Just seems to fit Rarity.
    ***His name is Rupert, IMO.
    ****He provided the start up funds for a major sock company, several centuries ago. *

I'm an idea man. * *On the off chance anyone wants to actually use this, please do. *My skills don't go as far as actually writing stories, so I won't be using it.
    That... Actually might go over. I can't see much in the way of romance but it would be an interesting story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    sure, go ahead.

I am imagining a story right now (intro and this is halloween song)

where a notorious chan board troll (Jack's lament) bored with his usual behavior, *discovers ponies first through a pony thread (what's this) and then tries to explain to his other friends about the show (town meeting song).

He descents further into pony madness (Jack's Obsession) deciding to troll everyone into finding ponies (making christmas, changed to a song about making memes).*

he imagines CMC adventures in song (kidnap the sandy claws, changed to sing all about CMC adventures)

A non-brony and rival troll makes fun of him (Oogie Boogie's Song)

He imagines Fluttershy comforting him (Sally's song)

he finally decides to embrace love and tolerance and fully accepts his broniness (Poor Jack)

his friends also starts to like ponies (Finale/Reprise, closings) end!... yay
    Fund it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Well, if the blast is large enough to hit the both of them at the same time, it may harm others as well; possibly Fluttershy. Are you saying you want to hurt Fluttershy? (I feel a bit like I've started turning this into a game of Paranoia)
    I dunno. Maybe.
    Isn't fluttershy into that?

Could you not just apply the chart in reverse?.
    Well, it's awkward going from a human-sized torso to another human-sized torso and randomly losing 8 str.

I think we settled on +4 str/-2 dex for increase, reverse for decrease.

Also, your pony looks absurdly cute as a Djinni. I would say to hay with it making sense. If it's fun and it feels good, then go for it! Also, I really need to figure out an excuse to get you to draw Shimmer. Because you're absurdly good at cute ponies, and of late all the images that pop up tend to be of the 'saucy' variety. I never thought I'd say this, but I think I might be growing tired of it.
    This is funny because it means not only did Phoe get tired of what she asked for (granted, about a month after they should have stopped rolling in), but also that there is enough sauce out there for Phoe to get tired of that I just can't find.

I must be slipping.
    (also, my condolences. I'm sure you could get things reversed if you put out a notice)

I'd be more likely just to ignore you if I didn't like you, or didn't think I could ever make headway.
    Oh, well then I feel compelled to spell out;
    If I am 'ignoring' you, the majority of the time I'm just too busy to say Anything or can't think of anything pertinent. If I dislike something, I'll be very frank about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    So, when you make reference to the images popping up, would that be in this thread, or across the greater pony fandom? Because, while I don't mind the images that show up here, I myself am deathly tired of the 'hot sauce', as it were.
    Again, this makes me feel like I'm holding a glass of water and trying to contemplate the ocean.

what stash of hot sauce? What are we referring to here? I feel left out, in a non-joking manner. Like I'm listening in a the adult table and can't keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    As my imaginary uncle always said: One person calls you a horse, punch his face. Three people call you a horse, look into buying a saddle.*.
    Sound advice, that.

Being a horse ain't so bad. What have you got against horses?
    Hahar.

you still gotta buy a saddle though
    Thanqol! What are you telling this young lady to do? Next you'll be having her dress in public. That's just... Ach.

Hey Talespinner! Bring Midnight over, I'll hold him still! *grapples the metal mask*

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    No, he becomes the Dragon Knight that he envisioned in Diamond Dogs. Complete with turning the tin can into a spear. With Celestia as his mount. Because he's just that badass.
    Sure, I'd watch that.

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    You should see my perverse anthropomorphic zerglings....
    wait, what?

Or even better yet, both an Eagle and a Lion come back down. Separately.
    I cannot express my joy at you.

*falls over laughing for a moment, then pauses*

Ugh, I just got some whiplash of what happened yesterday. Maybe not a bunny?
    Ouch. Sorry, mate.

I still say that was random and slightly out of character for Fluttershy. Hilarious none the less, but out of character.
    nah, evwryone has depths. Especially still water.

HOW DID YOU FIGURE OUT A WAY TO WORK THAT?!
    not gonna explain. Suffice it requires Luna doing shenanigans in order to have sex with Luna.

Oh Celestia. Where did you find that? That's fantastic.
    my sketchbook :D
    It was the second thing to come to mind when I read Phoe's comment. The first was a naked Fluttershy going "... Oh my" and the third was a naked Fluttershy strutting her stuff, because ain't nothing wrong with what nature gave ya ;)

Pretty sure I'm legally supposed to hate you now, bobcat.
    Aye. It's right here in the contract.

Well, you all have been spectacularly unhelpful this time, I guess I'll have to come up with something myself!
    Hey, gimme time, mate!

I... don't quite remember Midnight saying that, but there it is. Makes perfect sense.
    Sounds legit to me. I mean, if Inkwell believes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Bloodstones. Get your bloodstones here. A, B, O, and AB. I got them all.
    It comes as no surprise that our resident food expert has combination dragon/vampire food right here already.

obviously we have ignored this poor pony, quick pony thread, give her a story!!!

does this count as a pony slip up? were you the one that bet on how long until you slip up and reveals pony? or is my brain just telling me lies?
    Well! Are you brain! I'll make you talk!
    Eh, someone has to be in the background. I say we leave her there.

Odd looks or Brohooves.*

Unfortunately my boss is not a brony.
    Sounds like a potential conversion target. Swoop in, mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Watching MLP:FiM right now.

Fluttershy tells the dragon at the end of Dragonshy to pack his things and find somewhere else to sleep. But then he just immediately takes off, carrying nothing. Does he just leave his horde behind? Even if he's intending to come back for it, why doesn't Rarity just duck in while he's out and grab some goodies?*

Discuss.
    Hm. Food for thought...

Dragons obviously have a small extradimensional space inside their bodies, so that they can swallow up and carry their hordes around with them, that way they can easily pick up and move when they need to.
    That would explain Spike's 'pocket'. Dragons can store treasure on their person. Hm.

In other news, apparently, I am going to have to apparently roll 1d4 every day now to find out which avatar I'm going with for the day.
    Hrm. Reading your signature; hasn't Kairaven done ... Oh wait nevermind. DERP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    So I just finished reading Bittersweet.
    ...So I just finished reading Bittersweet...
    Why did I just read Bittersweet?
    What's bittersweet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Just wondering: why exactly are these threads getting so big? There hasn't been any MLP:FIM for two months and there likely won't be for three months after that. But you guys have gone through 6 threads since Grand Galloping Gala. What is going on around here? Also wasn't this sort of thing what got you guys in trouble with 4chan (other than the fact that there are a lot of other problems with that forum).
    Ponies are awesome, and there is a plethora of depth to discuss, not counting fan content. And there is plenty of fan content.

Also, as I've never been on 4chan, I don't see how I could be kicked off of it for ponies

Yes. And apparently our love and hugs and friendship and tolerance and magic manifest as bondage equipment.

Daaaamn Ponythread. Just... Damn.
    excellent. Soon, my plans will be complete~

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    The Comic Con poster is great, I'd love to have one if I actually had a place to put it that was safe from prying eyes.*

You know, the first thing I noticed when I saw the poster was Lyra and Bon Bon standing together and smiling at each other. Pony shipping has hijacked my brain.
    Oh, plan. You come along so much better than I'd hoped~

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Challenge/Help request for any who play D&D 3.5:*

Tonight, my party might make it to the end of a dungeon where they'll face, who else, Nightmare Moon. I'm modifying the stats for a Unicorn (granting flight, higher armor, more spell-likes, etc.) to make it more powerful, and that's where I need help. What spells or spell-like abilities do you think would be appropriate to give her?

The party consists of a Rogue, a Barbarian, a Cleric, and a Ranger, all level 7, all unoptimized (but I've been helping them pick decent feats and such), and all within the core rules. Doesn't mean the spells she has have to be within core, but that's what they have to work with.
    Well, low-op.
    My last game I wrastled a marilith solo at level 3, so... Maybe I'm Not best to ask.

I'd say go for confusion and obfuscation. Once they enter that final boss chamber, the whole area is their enemy, not just the Pegasus Unicorn.

Make 3 different NMM's, each about 5-6 hitdice. Each should have a different power set. One should have warlock powers, and it's eldritch blast should be the freaky lightning. Another should be able to do field control such as lay down debuffs and area effects which last, and the third... Could be a regular unicorn, maybe a combat brute.

Every time NMM teleports, a different NMM comes out on the other side. The party would never be able to keep track o her hit points; one could be on verge of death, but he other two could be fine.

Give her fast healing 2 only while not the active combatant. And whenever she 'dies' she gets a free action teleport, bringing in a new NMM.

This means, though, that unless they outright slay her, the NMM who drops between 0- neg9 will come back, once thefast healing brings them back to consciousness.

This give survivability. The powers available (area control, debuffs) will annoy the horsefeathers out o the party, while not being a lethal threat. The eldritch blast, stick-n-move NMM will Harry and heckle (due to flight, tumble, mobility) will wound the party, and combat beast NMM would be able to actually be able to deal out hurt on individual targets.

The combination means the players need to think, look for cues on which NMM they are fighting (if they notice the difference...) and gives you a way to triple her hp without pumping CON through the roof.

The room should also like, drop rocks on Em, or have pillars fall, floors collapse, etc.

"By Loki, you mean that those affected by this spell are compelled to grant wishes? Do you have any idea how dangerous that would be in the wrong hands? Already, as far as we know, your mind has been probed by rogue satori, and now the secret of arcane servitude and bondage has been released to the world's most dangerous ponies! CLEARLY, the only way to avert disaster is to cast this spell on Equestria's most dangerous fiends, before they can cast it upon helpless, fearful innocents! C'mon, we'll start with Metal Mask!".
    I got him! Shoot!

Unicorn + *Celestial template + *60' fly speed + *3 levels of Druid (obscuring mist, entangle, flaming sphere) + 5HD heavy horse animal companion
    Use this as part of the rebuff NMM. It's solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    *fades in from the lurker zone*

Um, hey all. Long time lurker, first time poster. And when I say long time I mean long time. Talking years here. Yes it took me that long to make an account. And I've been reading the pony threads since day one. Isn't that creepy? forget I said that.

I've never posted before now partially because I just don't think I can keep up with such a fast moving thread and partially because I'm a full time poster on another forum anyway.

Which brings me neatly to why I'm here. I think you guys might like this. See, there's a competition being held over at canterlot.com that seems like it would be right up your alley. It was mentioned in one of EqD's nightly round-ups, but kinda got overshadowed by a cracked.com article. It's a "design a dream foal" competition. Take any two FiM characters (regardless of gender or species) and write and draw what their child would be like. I think you can guess why I thought it might be appropriate here. Anyway, if any of you are interested (and maybe wanna try and win some merch), please take a look. If not, well that's cool too. Not gonna press the point too much.

But besides that... um... hi!

@TheAmishPirate

If you don't mind a noob chiming in, don't forget that Nightmare Moon used lightening bolts on the guards at the end of episode one! That's only a level 3 spell

*fades back into the lurker zone*
    Hm. I may put Thistle up for this...

Also
    Spoiler
    Show

Well technically biologically it's two. Unless I'm mistaken. Luna was just heavily involved, she didn't donate biologically.
    Yes, but which two? She takes after Luna for adult frame, after all. Magic is a funny thing...

Of course, the comic really sinks it home that it's Luna, Twilight and Luna. So I guess it works.

EEP! I Warn you! I'm armed and will defend myself if necessary!

L-Let's not go crazy, eh? We're all friends here! ^^:

Pretty sure you'd need to do something new for the competition, rather than use a premade character. I'd have to ask.
    Great Galloping Gala! The new guy is defending himself in record time! Go new guy!

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    This chart is the ability score changes for shifting a monster up or down one size (through HD progression) and there are the Enlarge Person/http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/red...son.htm]Reduce Person[/url] modifiers. *Roughly, you are looking at around +4 STR, -2 DEX, and the size change modifiers itself.

This conversation has led to a lot of interesting mental images.
    I argue that the chart is just the standard effect of size increase, and Hit die increase is related but does not influence the chart. Still, we are going with your suggestion, much more balanced.

It's only an issue due to insane synergy that I didn't notice when I made the character. Starting large is just bad for the game. Havin size increases is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Well, I submitted No Tame Forest to EqD. *We'll see if it gets accepted and what kind of reaction it gets. *Cross your fingers for me!
    Still have the window open. Been really busy/burnt out though, haven't gotten farther than the tornado drill. Sorry, mate.

Picture from the sick pony!

Spoiler
    Show

However, I'm not entirely sure which avatar to use: This one? or this one?

There ya'll go.
    Ooookay, see... You draw booty shorts Nd wonder why you're thinking about plot?
    Well, there's the problem

I still think it's a matter of fabric bringing attention to curves that otherwise aren't immediately visible. See bikini Lyra for reference. Or hay, for a good time. It's a swell picture.*

-

Wow. Wonder what you guys have posted since? Ah well. Copy/paste jutsu GO!

13. - Top - End - #463

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    At least it is far better then "Tricksy".
    Unless she's secretly a hobbit.
    *summons investigators*
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

14. - Top - End - #464

GnomeWizardGuy

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/0...ster-quiz.html

Just for the record: 63 out of 72 correct. Yay! Or maybe that should be "I need to think of ponies less". I would have done better if...
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...I had remembered any of the names from Appleloosa. I remembered Bloomberg, but he wasn't in the image!

Also, I got stuck on the royal guards being named "Royal Guards" as opposed to any of their fannames.

I should have remembered Rainbow Day too, though, as the discussion about her was just early today.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Unless she's secretly a hobbit.
    *summons investigators*
    Hmm...Has there ever been a unicorn with an invisibility spell? The closest I can remember, magicwise, are Nightmare Moon's shapeshifting abilities.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/0...ster-quiz.html

Just for the record: 63 out of 72 correct. Yay! Or maybe that should be "I need to think of ponies less". I would have done better if...
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...I had remembered any of the names from Appleloosa. I remembered Bloomberg, but he wasn't in the image!

Also, I got stuck on the royal guards being named "Royal Guards" as opposed to any of their fannames.

I should have remembered Rainbow Day too, though, as the discussion about her was just early today.
    I love how in the 'Most Missed/Most Correct', Luna just edges out Celestia in recognition. Maybe that's why she didn't mention Luna in her bio...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Would this be close enough for you?
    No, IMDB can be edited by anyone who signs up, if I'm not mistaken.

The Hub spells her name "Trixie". As far as I know, all other official sources spell her name the same way.
    Well, that's evidence enough for me.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

Thread Trixie, not Midnight Trixie.
    Then why was Midnight one of the causes of Hullabaloo's catatonia?

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

Urk. Have a busy day, spend a bajillion hours catching up to suddenly exploded thread. Now I feel tired and cranky. I think I might be depressed, and I'm not sure why.

This is funny because it means not only did Phoe get tired of what she asked for (granted, about a month after they should have stopped rolling in), but also that there is enough sauce out there for Phoe to get tired of that I just can't find.

I must be slipping.
    (also, my condolences. I'm sure you could get things reversed if you put out a notice)
    To clarify a little bit on this whole topic, it's not that I suddenly dislike saucy ponies. But with it not being balanced out anymore by the silly or the cute, it starts to wear on my nerves and I feel like I have become a centerfold in Playcolt. I don't want to be consumed by this identity. Shimmer (and that is to say, me) is an easily excitable author who likes to encourage others and has an uncanny knack for tripping over stuff. Sauce is an accent. You shouldn't eat a plate full of it.

I'd put out a memo, but that directly conflicts with my stance of "My dignity is a worthy sacrifice if it helps others to create". I can't place restrictions without feeling crushed by guilt. So rather than asking for it to stop, I'd much rather hope I can encourage a counterbalance. It sounds so smart when I say it like that. Does it? I don't know. I feel absolutely awful today.

20. - Top - End - #470

Another WIP shot of my Garry's Mod project.

Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

So rather than asking for it to stop, I'd much rather hope I can encourage a counterbalance. It sounds so smart when I say it like that. Does it? I don't know. I feel absolutely awful today.
    Sorry to hear it, Phoe. You're my favorite blogpony, sauce or no, and I hope you feel better.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

22. - Top - End - #472
    Colossus in the Playground

pets man, pets! 4 out of 6 ponies has a pet, what, if any, are Midnight's pet?

Kai has a pet cloud. What? Clouds aren't sentient? Don't mind them Fluffy, they are just jealous.
    Metal Mask: I have a pet ham!

*Cut to a large ham being slowly lowered into an active volcano.*

Mask: Look at the little guy. Adorable.

In other news, apparently, I am going to have to apparently roll 1d4 every day now to find out which avatar I'm going with for the day.
    The trials of having too much fanart

"By Loki, you mean that those affected by this spell are compelled to grant wishes? Do you have any idea how dangerous that would be in the wrong hands? Already, as far as we know, your mind has been probed by rogue satori, and now the secret of arcane servitude and bondage has been released to the world's most dangerous ponies! CLEARLY, the only way to avert disaster is to cast this spell on Equestria's most dangerous fiends, before they can cast it upon helpless, fearful innocents! C'mon, we'll start with Metal Mask!"
    Mask: I am not a fiend! I am celestially challenged!

Talespinner is taken aback for a moment. Of all the nerve - he doesn't have an interesting imagination, just a very interesting life!

"Well, if you won't assist me of your own free will, then by the power invested in me by mumble mumble mumble I'm afraid that I will have to take matters into my own hooves - for freedom, for Equestria, and for eternal glory!

...Celestia-in-her-court, you're heavy. But that matters not, for I possess sufficient strength to bench-press a dragon! Now... oof... we shall go and use your power for GREAT JUSTICE! And by great justice, I mean zapping Metal Mask. And maybe Shimmer, too. And Blueblood! Oh, man, this'll be great!"
    Mask: It's probably going to cost me my chance to escape, but I curse whoever gave Talespinner the means to inflict his Arabian Harem Fantasy upon me and the world.

*Attempts to flee*

*fades in from the lurker zone*

Um, hey all. Long time lurker, first time poster. And when I say long time I mean long time. Talking years here. Yes it took me that long to make an account. And I've been reading the pony threads since day one. Isn't that creepy? forget I said that.

*fades back into the lurker zone*
    I have a deep respect for the Lurking tradition and have followed it myself for many years. It's always nice to know there's a silent audience to the madness. Good to see you step inside, sir, and I hope to see more of you in the future!

Thanqol! What are you telling this young lady to do? Next you'll be having her dress in public. That's just... Ach.

Hey Talespinner! Bring Midnight over, I'll hold him still! *grapples the metal mask*
    *Fleeing attempt cut short*

Mask: No! Not the harem outfit! Anything but the harem outfit!

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Then why was Midnight one of the causes of Hullabaloo's catatonia?
    The "M" word that made her catatonic is "Makeover" not "Midnight"
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-07-20 at 09:57 PM.

24. - Top - End - #474

Urk. Have a busy day, spend a bajillion hours catching up to suddenly exploded thread. Now I feel tired and cranky. I think I might be depressed, and I'm not sure why.

It sounds so smart when I say it like that. Does it? I don't know. I feel absolutely awful today.
    *gives hugs* We're all allowed days where we just don't feel at our best. It can be multiple different reasons to why someone isn't feeling right, and it doesn't even need to be something specific like what happened with me yesterday, but it's certainly allowed.

Emotions can be tricky, and hard to predict. Just know that we're all here for you, for when you feel down, and we're all hoping that you cheer up and feel better soon, and that if you ever feel like you need some extra support or cheering up or whatever, we're here for you.

And for the record, I can see where you're coming from, about the whole saucy thing, too, and it's understandable.

Geez, both Inkwell and Phoe feel bad today. That makes me sad.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

The "M" word that made her catatonic is "Makeover" not "Midnight"
    Yes, but "Makeover" was only said because she felt she wasn't pretty enough for Midnight.

And Phoe: How about Hammy Comedy/Action Adventure ponies?

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

But Fluttershy herself would rather you do it.
    What's your decision? Leave Fluttershy hanging, and sad, but feel good about yourself?
    Or leave Fluttershy hanging and happy, but feel soiled?
    Well, um, if she wanted me to...I suppose I could.

But I thought she was more dom than sub...
    Thanks to zegma for my awesome avatar.
    Proudly the founder of the Mr. Scruffy fanclub.
    We will not let Nessie down! http://www.petitiononline.com/PLEAOSAR/
    My DMs' Guild Stuff

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

Heroes

Fluttershy: Careless Day-Baner
    Twilight Sparkle: Seer
    Applejack: Careless Baner
    Pinkie Pie: Fool
    Rainbow Dash: Shield
    Rarity: Silencer

Villains

Nightmare Moon/Luna: Alpha
    Trixie: Devil
    Ursa Minor: Beast
    Guilda: Voider or Killer (?)
    Blueblood: Unwilling Shield
    Snips, Snails, Silver Spoon, and Diamond Tiara: Villains

Neutral
    Zecora: Mystic
    Appleblossom, , & : Cutie Mark Crusaders (Masons)

Can someone remind me what the other two CMC's names are.

Any other ideas?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

28. - Top - End - #478

Ugh. I know what you mean. Get some rest and feel better soon.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

No, IMDB can be edited by anyone who signs up, if I'm not mistaken.
    Actually, I think IMDB has people who check and verify the submitted changes before adding them to the page.

I've made one suggestion, for a MacGyver episode (I forget which), and after submitting, I was rewarded with a page that said something to this effect.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

Hope you feel better soon, Phoe.

Edit: To clarify what I said to SiuiS, ignoring doesn't necessarily mean I don't like you. It could mean I stepped out, I don't have a comment on that particular topic, or any number of things. But if I respond with real anger to something someone said around here, it irked me but good.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-20 at 10:17 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com