New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony XX

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Oh, no, you don't! If I'm going to the moon, this time you have to be Natalie Portmare!

And the prize for farthest-callback goes to RAZ_FOX.
    She has gone from Portmane to Portmare now? Must be a tumultuous life, being a star.

I'm still not sure who this 'Natalie Portman' he ended up kissing was, though. Whoever she was, she weren't a pony!

Plus, our trollfic would not have had the bane of all that is right and good and pure in the world as a major part in it.

SPIIIIIDERSESESESESES HATES THEM FOREVER
    Note to self: Raz hates spiders. HHAAAAATES.

SiuiS*castle is best castle. Also, you now owe me one fanart. Pretty please.
    On it.

Braz: that white text was not in my original post, and SiuiS is trying to use me as a scapegoat! Pierce through his lies! Look in the "Totally-Not-Brazbondage" folder on his phone!
    Psh. Like the first 150 or so pictures wouldn't specifically be innocuous in order to throw off casual inspection. What kind of amateur do you take me for? That's like admitting something you're hiding on a public forum, without the benefit of it possibly being an elaborate joke

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    A clear untruth. If such pictures existed, I would have teased EVERYONE about them now. You know me.
    Hm. That's a very solid Argument. Maybe I shouldn't have told her about my tunnel infrastructure that doesn't exist but hypothetically leads to the abodes of DBC, Raz_Fox, a plane to Australia, and a couple others.

And DESERVEDLY, my dear. xD
    I don't know. I'm starting to feel bad about it. If he wasn't doing it to himself, I'd have buckled and sobbingly apologized by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Charger: Why yes, you are right, I believe I have killed the mood. Some ponies can moodkill sort of by accident, I take the time to comprehensively and systematically crush every last aspect and potential of it. Though by this point in the day I could use a hug.
    ... Well drat. Took so long to respond that the mood, indeed, has breathed its last. Oh well. Have a hug-voucher.

SHE WILL KILL ME IN MY SLEEP I KNOW THIS IT HAS BEEN FORSEEN BY THE CASTING OF THE RUNES
    "I'm sorry, Fox Raz, but I cannot read your fortune today. I have been pranked! Every rune I drew for you was Eihwaz. Eery rune in the bag, eihwaz! They were all reversed too."

"reversed? Like a tarot card?"

"Yes! And the runes aren't reversible. I don't get it."

"... "

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Oh, those are Sidereals. .
    Ach. I know just enough about the setting that I am to blame for setting you up for that abysmal joke ...

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    I liked Friendship is Witchcraft a bit better, personally.
    ... What did I just see the intro for?

Jayden: I HAVE MY ADORABLE DIGNITY.
    Dignified rockstar? Pfffft hahahahahahaha!
    Maybe I should hook you up with Thistle. She could use some pep.

Mask: I think this is the best way to resolve that question.
    Hm. Set myself up for that one, too... Blast.

Charger: Would you care to provide a list of things involved in being a MAN?
    Well see, here's the issue. I could give you the List of Specifics, which tends to seem like an understandable cohesive whole, and possibly even a semi-zen philosophy. Or I could give you the annotated version, which consists of seven words.

Or could tell you to look up Rocko's speech from Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day.

Mask: We don't have a good picture of the core, other than that he encompasses us. Perhaps the best word for it would be "Romantic".
    that makes sense. I think I'm trying to quantify something that is to me, a game, and to you, an insightful glance at your psyche. I just dot seem to bring the proper tool set to get it. And for that I'm sorry. I feel like I've been accidentally belittling you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    -OH MY CELESTIA! I AM CRITIQUING A TROLL-FIC!
    WHAT HATH FANDOM WROUGHT?!

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    He doesn't get to be in the continuity. *Only adorable stuffed bees do. *Twilight sleeps with him every night and when she's alone, she has tea parties with him. *She used to invite Spike, but she doesn't anymore now that she's "too old" for it. *

NOPONY MUST KNOW OF THE TEA PARTIES.
    I must draw this. Or find a way to make a plush Twilight with a smaller, also plush bee.

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Whew. Only three new pages while I was gone. Though I did have to grab my Exalted books to understand everything. On the other hand, that isn't really a bad thing. I really need to learn about the setting.
    Ok, fine. I'll find a cheap way to get the exalted books, just so I can figure out the Hay y'all keep going on about. And Mage, too.

Anyway, on to more pony related topics.

http://ponibooru.413chan.net/post/view/44631

Like Lyra trying to use Bonbon as a mount.
    What?! How did I miss that? I don't know if that's creepy or... Not creepy.
    Guess I'll have to click the link...

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

Midnight Nightmare: Google Docs Rough Version

So the picture thing didn't work out quite as well as I had hoped, seeing as I went a meg over the Google Docs limit. So, I ended up using one picture (Kairaven's) as the placer, but I still have the 'better' version with all the pretty space pictures.

I've rewritten some of the excerpts to make them cleaner and more in line with not just the tone of the rest of the story, but with Midnight in general. Her stories are about...friendship, and love, and family. Happy endings, and being grounded. It's not some magical battle that saves the day here, it's kindness and understanding, and forgiveness. It's not until Midnight remembers herself, does she begin to gain the upper hand in the situation.

I hope that comes across in the writing well.

Now, I'm going to bed. Comments are most welcome, seeing as this is a 'rough draft'.
    Not the same draft as the one I looked at, but I like it. I must echo tue sentiment about there not being enough space bythe dividers though.

Might I suggest you feather the tops and bottoms, so it looks like it fades to night and then back to the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    I laughed at this one much more than I should have. Also, I've never seen any of these before.
    I don't get the joke. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Reading it made me realise how we complicated Midnight's family tree again.

NMM is now... a sister? Oh gods, I can't even trace her lineage anymore.
    ... Um... Hm.

You're right, Sweetie Welf. This whole "wait 12 hours" thing really cramps my memory of why I quoted some of these...

Oh well. It's simple, really. NMM is the cast-off negativity of Luna inherited by midnight through Trixie/Twilight during a strangely ritualistic night of magic and intimacy, brought on by the casual Jokes of Metal Mask who is Midnight's alternate-continuity daughter who is also Trixie's grandmother due to thread-based time travel shenanigans in order to keep Metal Mask's bloodlines pure.

Yeah, I would like to hope I made half of that up, but I'm not sure...

It goes as follows. *

Step 1: Twilight met Trixie.*
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit
    Step 2 is "???"? You mug have the Radio Edit version. Step 2 is a bit more... Detailed in this manuscript I totally didn't take off of EsperDerek's work desk.

I think I made myself profoundly sad by mistake. I can probably break it if I decide to, but at the moment I kind of want to see where it goes. Might avoid posting for a few days, it's not a feeling that lends itself to human contact. I might explain in more detail later if people are interested. Sorry in advance if any of the feeling bleeds out unexpectedly.*

Everypony have fun while I go wallow in whatever it is that I'm wallowing in. That's an order.
    I'd like details, but I'm sure that's a given by now.
    Enjoy your melancholy. Tell me what color it is when you get back

Quote Originally Posted by fizmat View Post
    Sometimes you want to feel sad for a while. Feelings are strange like that. Otherwise some forms of art wouldn't exist.
    Wow, how come I can't know anyone who gets that personally, but all my Internet friends totally understand it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Never had that trouble. *From about the age of 16 people have been mistaking me for about 5-6 years older than I am. *Just about a week ago someone I've known on and off for years commented that he thought I was 29 (I'm 23).
    I have been told that my mannerisms are weak and guileless, unless I'm angry. I'm very Yin, I guess. The result being, most people feel superiorto me in casual meetings, which translates to being young.

The upside is a complete and total lack of resistance when I Assume Direct Control

Haven't read through it since you posted it on the forums, but just looking at it seems...off. * I don't know if its because you had the green background before and now it is pure white (I hate, hate, hate reading on a white background, hurts my eyes). *If possible (I have absolutely no knowledge of google docs), I'd suggest making the background darker, maybe even black, to flow with the night time breakers and the Nightmare Moon's return.

I'll actually read through it when I get up tomorrow, since it is getting a bit close to my bed time here, but memory tells me it will be excellent.
    black backgrounds are generally a bad idea. They change how the eye sees things, and tend to work like cheap sunglasses. You think it's less bright, but you're actually just shooting a different color Ito your retinas, and making things harder to read to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    Yeah. Reacting like that was when someone tells you there is a problem and first reaction being not hugging them/trying to make them feel better/asking what is really wrong - is totally non-friendshippy, I agree
    We actually did have a happy, huggy, we are sorry to see you go moment. Now I think we are trying to be respectful and honor the other's wishes by not making a scene.

Maybe I'm not the best pony cat to say this, given happiness and all, but I tried to make my posts as clean & safe as possible, honor feelings of others, and besides, if you look between the lines, instead at the surface, you'll see the real problem lies elsewhere, and guilt-tripping ponies signaling it will only result in more hurt feelings.
    I politely request that you or another spell or exactly what it is that is between the lines that I am missing, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    ... 35 pages since I last posted. *Excuse me for a minute.
    Spoiler
    Show

ouch. Are you sure you wanna drink that muc-- actually, you were an add to the insanity kinda guy, so that works.

I just found these and they are awesome and I blame you SiuiS.
    Me? But good sir Kyouhen, I even*left in the original authors. Surely someone as awesome as Alterform deserves your praise.

Bobcat gets enough praise, though, so we need to convert his praise into something he can use. He suggests USD, so go with that

I wouldn't mind more detail, but if you gave it to me I'd probably try cheering you up. *So probably better if you don't give more detail until you want cheering up.
    Dot look on his being sand as something you need to fix, my friend. I think he wants to be sad. It's an experience. He was just letting us know not to worry. So worrying would be counterproductive, now wouldn't it?

Yeah, I don't feel like spending the next few days catching up on 35 pages, so I just hit the last page. *What did I miss? *Anything more interesting than the usual?
    I plan on giving the commodore a rundown when he gets back. That's the best I can do, I'm afraid.

I see nothing wrong with a healthy griffon fixation!
    So there! And just because all the griffons we've seen happen to be pretty girls, that doesn't mean anything! OH CELESTIA HELP ME NOW BRAZ IS COMING AFTER ME

I'd say let her be. *People can reach their pony limits, after all, and there's no sense in pestering her if that's the case. *We don't want her thinking of the ponythread as manditory "work", after all.
    She didnt pony out. She got her feelings hurt by someone else starting the thread. Not contacting her is probably making things worse, so y'all would be better getting ahold of her than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    A love dodecahedron all over Ponyville's old established produce clans (and the newcomer Flower clan, which the others look down on)? Which, being old established clans will have various feuds, arranged-three-generations-ago arranged marriages, weird clan traditions, strong ideas about who is/isn't suitable marriage material for their children and other “fun” surprises for any prospective couple…
    Hm... Maybe. Maybe.
    I'm thinking o changing it to Apples & Carrots! Celery Stalks Colorful Flowers, Too?! to imply that whoever Celery is, she's got a full plate. Or that the Colorful Flowers have a lot of stalkers.

This chart seems to imply that Trixie is the result of asexual reproduction; her mom just budded her off one day. *

"See, I had a REALLY big meal, and I felt all sickish, but it was just mitosis! *Ordinary, every day mitosis. *And that's where little Trixie came from."

"..."

"What, is that not normal?"
    You are a special variety of awesome. I expect you are produced from a rare, tropical flower only found in the amazon, right? Because you are one-of-a-kind.

I suppose it isn't obvious, since I do prefer to use English around the house. (My family all do.) Thing is, I have to juggle between Mandarin, Hokkien (local dialect), Malay and a dash of Cantonese (another dialect) between different friends and random people that I meet everyday.

It screws with my English in subtle ways. (I find myself sometimes translating a Mandarin term straight to English and vice versa.)
    I am impressed. I noticed the too strict writing, but hay! Most non-native speakers do a better job than us English speaking slobs. There's an old joke about it.

"someone who speaks three languages is trilingual. Someone who speaks two languages is bilingual. Someone who speaks one language is an American". It always saddened me how true that was.

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    I agree with Irbis here. If somepony thinks there's a problem, it should be examined, not swept under the rug.
    Also, it's been 20 hours and I haven't received any contact requests or PMs from anybody who was disappointed in me leaving despite me mentioning it 3 times. Clearly, you guys weren't that disappointed.
    That is unfair. You made this a public thing, but are ignoring public responses? We have said how much we appreciate and will miss you here. It doesn't make it any less genuine because it's here in the open, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but my fun is ruined. It was ruined by someone saying we suck and they're leaving.

And no, I don't want someone to apologize for it. I'm a big girl and I can take care of my own emotions.*

But I am saying what upset me in hopes it get better. Maybe it will actually work.
    I appreciate what you mean, hon, but ... Eh, you're actually not being that antagonistic. Nevermind.

Well, sir, you are wrong, for reasons that I will reveal in the below spoiler:
    Spoiler
    Show

...Darnit, Pinkie, that wasn't what I meant to say.
    But it's right! You should stop getting irritated at people when you think they're trying to guilt-trip you and bronies you like. They're just trying to help, silly-billy!
    B-but they blow everything out of proportion, and basically spat on everyone having fun here before walking out! Isn't that bad?
    Sure it is! But getting mad at them is just as bad, and makes you look like a real hypocrite! Does hypocrisy have anything to do with hypnosis? Makes you wonder, doesn't it? Anyway, I'd like to leave you - and anyone who doesn't like the way this thread has gone in the last days before Season 2 begins - with this thought:
    Spoiler
    Show

Mmm. I will say, though, that there's a difference between pointing out a problem - e.g. "In Feeling Pinkie Keen, the moral felt off, and here's why:" and complaining about quality - e.g. "My Little Pony is a show for little girls - all it has are fashion shows and sleepovers and I'm glad I quit watching it."
    good points. The trouble is, this isn't a general issue - everypony involved has their own individual problems. So a blanket fix will do nothing.
    Trixie feels slighted.
    Soft Serve is disgusted/squick'd.
    Hawk Flight is distraught a a seemingly uncaring threadbase.
    Lex Cat is supporting her friend.
    Irbis is defending his friends.

There is no one thing we can do to fix this. Further, some folks attempting to fix one problem seem to be brushing up against the comfort zone of the other problems. It's a pickle, lemme tell you.

Filly?! You're assuming they like fillies? You monster. We've not shipped them because they CLEARLY love each other too much for us to break them up.
    Sounds good to me!

BRAZ RAZZES RAZ BRAZENLY, Part LIX
    Spoiler
    Show
    Braz may rapidly check under the bed, afraid that Raz's secret weapon can defeat her. She will find just a note-'Hi Raz m'love. Your tentacle monster looked lonely, so I took her out for dinner and a show, then back to my place. Hope you don't need her tonight, love, Lixie ♥'
    You are a fantabulous pony.

And in my honest opinion, if people are saying things that upset you outside of spoilers, please don't leave. Ask them to spoiler it. If they're spoilering it and giving you a warning and you look anyway, that's not their fault. We don't want to not talk about darkponies, or shipping, or roleplaying, or anything like that because one person dislikes it. We're happy to hide it, but if you look at it anyway, that's not our fault.*
    I'll be sorry to see anyone go.
    Aye. Trouble is, we haven't been tagging our spoilers. We should probably put a note about that in the OP. But let's be fair, we have been lax on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    What Lix said.

Well, seeing it's precisely what caused the problem in the first place, this quote comes to mind:
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. --Albert Einstein
    That's all that I'm going to say on the topic.
    Trouble is, doing something (posting a thread" strted the problem, so not doing something (contacting someone who purposefully isolated themselves, as if they vant to be alone) is definitely not doing the same thing expecting different results.

And since Trixie was directly asked to tell us if she was hurt, or to talk at all, and didn't, we could only surmise that she did indeed want to be left alone.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    It would help, of course, if people labeled any spoilers they put stuff with at least something vaguely descriptive of what's inside.*

For example, Lix, your reply to Raz was an unlabeled spoiler directed an unlabeled spoiler in a quote box trimmed of any context -- I can't know what's inside until I crack it open, and then it's too late.
    This is another one of those things that I noticed, but shrugged it off. I feel rather bad about that now. I should know better.

(I, personally, am not terribly bothered by the pony thread shenanigans at large in and of themselves, but I am slightly dismayed their magnitude means I often find it less bothersome to skip pages at a time, which might contain images/discussion I would otherwise enjoy seeing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Hello. Just posting to say goodbye. No Trixie = No Lexie.

I know this likely won't bother some, as I was here that often anyway. But it bothers me, as Trixie is my friend. And I don't want to be part of any thread that hurts her.
    Pain is temporary, friend. We do hope that Trixie will come back, rather than this being an Everypony Leaves party. But we can't help her with her pain if she's not willin to share it herself.

or y'know, get approval from Phoe. *She's given us permission to do stuff with Shimmer, but I'm not sure if shipping is on the list. *

Though I could see Wodda accidentally doing the only bit of real investigative journalism she's done in her whole life, exposing how Shimmer is the source of those stories about real ponies in the town...

when she was just doing a loving and glowing book review.
    Haha. This sounds like it would be a fun story, actually. Hm. Who to bribe into writing it...

Wait, Trixie has left for the same reasons? *Well I guess it's good that she isn't sick or something...

I hate to sound insensitive, but will you still be there at the WW game?

Huh, with everyone leaving, I wonder if I should log back into one of my IM names to stay connected to everyone.
    Probably. Many of the people and ponies (a a pair of kitties) who feel spurned would probably appreciate the extra mile of trying to contact them via other methods.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Firbolg in the Playground

Poster gets head done of new OC pony
    Spoiler
    Show
    What a scoop!
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-08-13 at 09:04 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #873
    Troll in the Playground

Image dump: I only partially ripped off drawfriends this time edition:
    Spoiler
    Show

I want this. So bad.

G1 zebras would have been kinda neat

Spoilered for extra huge:
    Spoiler
    Show

So angry.

All shall love me and despair!

I got nothin'

Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-08-13 at 09:17 PM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

4. - Top - End - #874
    Barbarian in the Playground

I guess it would be better to ask a moderator which would be better: taking a thread past 50 pages, or having a second thread occasionally come to life and sink back down after a day. I find both solutions somewhat awkward, though.

Here's an idea: If we want to keep the hard cap on 50 pages, why not start the new thread around page 45 or so? Or is abandoning threads before they hit the 50th page a problem as well?
    You know, that could work. Much less complicated than the others ideas. New thread made around page 45 (maybe a little earlier, depending on thread speed), then we finish up the current thread and migrate over.

Of course we still need to find out if Trixie would be willing or not, as all of this talk is moot if she isn't.

Yeah if the thread was close to 50 pages, and Trixie was going to bed, her throwing up the next thread would'nt be a bad idea to me.

However....in the event that she DOESN'T come back... we need a new OP. we have 20 pages to figure this out.

Also...now look we are all friends here. and Lix made a great point. We are just trying to keep everyone happy. So lets get back to ponies shall we?

I would MASSIVE image dump...but i'm tired... so instead, here is a seneriao.

Pinkie pie breaks the fourth wall as Deadpool is watching MLP: FiM. They meet and deadpool teaches pinkie how to break the 4th wall at will. What happems next?
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ettin in the Playground

As much as the drama is making me want to scream and shout and run about and yell at you, I'm not gonna. Because of three thing that I think some people are forgetting.

Love.
    Tolerance.
    Ponies.

As cheesy as that may sound, it's still true. It doesn't matter if you're a shipper, a cannibal author, an episode-mimicking author, a lurker, an artist, a harem-pony, a roleplayer, an OP maker or just your run of the mill goddess, everyone here loves and tolerates each other because we all. Love. Ponies.

Just try and remember that, okay?
    QFT.

Seriously, I hate to sound insensitive, but I am thinking the whole thing was a massive overreaction. I better stop here lest it devolve into yet another blame fest.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

7. - Top - End - #877

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I just saw it go up and ran back here to tell everyone. Looks like you beat me to it. I haven't read it in its entirety yet so I think I'll get on that right now.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Poster gets head done of new OC pony
    Spoiler
    Show
    What a scoop!
    SO CUTE

Also I'm never coming out from under my desk. I never got Kaneclapped before.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Troll in the Playground

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/0...lydelphia.html Hey guys, Semper Fidelis is posted!

To anyone who helped preread the last section, I made some sizable additions to it. Specifically, chapter 5.

... accursed ninjas. I better put out some traps.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-13 at 09:44 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    AN HOUR AND A HALF?!
    Half of me is going
    The other half is going
    Your voice kind of reminds me of the Nostalgia Chick, I don't think it sucks.
    Things/people I have been told my voice sounds like as a result of this thing:

- A pony
    - the Nostalgia Chick
    - Ellen DeGeneres
    - GLaDOS

I don't know what the hay.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post

- A pony
    - the Nostalgia Chick
    - Ellen DeGeneres
    - GLaDOS

Glados because of (alleged, I haven't gotten to listen to it yet) mic troubles? Pony because your voice is cute?

Also the numerous "YAY SEQUEL" comments I got on Equestria Daily before anyone had even had a chance to read it...

Let's just say that Equestria Daily... has made my Day Equestrian.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-13 at 09:56 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

12. - Top - End - #882
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Ach. I know just enough about the setting that I am to blame for setting you up for that abysmal joke ....
    No, no. Abyssals are Solars with the batteries put in backwards. Also, potential Woobies.

Glados because of mic troubles? Pony because your voice is cute?
    I said pony because it's all cute and squeeky.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ettin in the Playground

She has gone from Portmane to Portmare now? Must be a tumultuous life, being a star.

I'm still not sure who this 'Natalie Portman' he ended up kissing was, though. Whoever she was, she weren't a pony!
    She... has many names. Natalie, Natasha, The Reaver In The Dark Void, and Porty (just between friends, though).

Note to self: Raz hates spiders. HHAAAAATES.

Attempts to capitalize on this weakness will elicit a reaction of "KILL ALL THE THINGS", not "I am paralyzed with fear!".

On it.

You are amazing. Look at this person, everyone. He is amazing.

Psh. Like the first 150 or so pictures wouldn't specifically be innocuous in order to throw off casual inspection. What kind of amateur do you take me for? That's like admitting something you're hiding on a public forum, without the benefit of it possibly being an elaborate joke
    Well, that's why Braz is going to look through all the pictures. All of them.

Hm. That's a very solid Argument. Maybe I shouldn't have told her about my tunnel infrastructure that doesn't exist but hypothetically leads to the abodes of DBC, Raz_Fox, a plane to Australia, and a couple others.
    Note to self: so that's why the hideous ratmen in the basement have been so quiet lately.

I don't know. I'm starting to feel bad about it. If he wasn't doing it to himself, I'd have buckled and sobbingly apologized by now.
    WE HAVE FOUND OUR PEACE
    WE ARE SO THIRSTY, SO THIRSTY
    IT'S SO SWEET, SO RED, SO SWEET, SO RED
    WE'LL TEAR YOU APART AND LOVE YOU FOREVER

"I'm sorry, Fox Raz, but I cannot read your fortune today. I have been pranked! Every rune I drew for you was Eihwaz. Eery rune in the bag, eihwaz! They were all reversed too."

"reversed? Like a tarot card?"

"Yes! And the runes aren't reversible. I don't get it."

"... "
    I'm having flashbacks to Curse of Monkey Island 3.

"Oh, look, a three-headed monkey!"
    "GAAAASP! Then the prophecies were true! Where?"
    *steal the runes*
    "Huh. He must have run away."

Ach. I know just enough about the setting that I am to blame for setting you up for that abysmal joke ...
    I dunno. I think it's more of an abyssal joke.

Ba-dum tish.

WHAT HATH FANDOM WROUGHT?!
    Magnificent things. Magnificent.

I'd like details, but I'm sure that's a given by now.
    Enjoy your melancholy. Tell me what color it is when you get back
    Melancholy is a dark purple, almost black, that drinks in the light.

So there! And just because all the griffons we've seen happen to be pretty girls, that doesn't mean anything! OH CELESTIA HELP ME NOW BRAZ IS COMING AFTER ME

Enjoy being sent up river, SiuiS! And tell me how you like the underside of that bus

Hm... Maybe. Maybe.
    I'm thinking o changing it to Apples & Carrots! Celery Stalks Colorful Flowers, Too?! to imply that whoever Celery is, she's got a full plate. Or that the Colorful Flowers have a lot of stalkers.
    Except now it's sounding like the title of a wacky harem anime.

You are a special variety of awesome. I expect you are produced from a rare, tropical flower only found in the amazon, right? Because you are one-of-a-kind.
    He is! When I conquer the world and rule with an iron fist, he shall be spared.

good points. The trouble is, this isn't a general issue - everypony involved has their own individual problems. So a blanket fix will do nothing.
    Trixie feels slighted.
    Soft Serve is disgusted/squick'd.
    Hawk Flight is distraught a a seemingly uncaring threadbase.
    Lex Cat is supporting her friend.
    Irbis is defending his friends.

There is no one thing we can do to fix this. Further, some folks attempting to fix one problem seem to be brushing up against the comfort zone of the other problems. It's a pickle, lemme tell you.
    But the problem that I was referring to was specifically Hawkflight's, and more specifically how I responded to her problems. Yes, I was at fault in how I responded, I admit it.

Haha. This sounds like it would be a fun story, actually. Hm. Who to bribe into writing it...
    I'd volunteer, but I've got to finish Heroics, and then get cracking on Sidereal Graces.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Dwarf in the Playground

- A pony
    - the Nostalgia Chick
    - Ellen DeGeneres
    - GLaDOS

I don't see anything wrong with any of these associations. Nostalgia Chick rocks. XD I still need to listen to these podcasts.
    3DS Friend Code: 3625-8308-8437
    Pokemon X | Harvest Moon ANB | Animal Crossing ANL
    Fighting Type | Machoke | Throh | Breloom

15. - Top - End - #885
    Troll in the Playground

I vote next time Phoe has a podcast, someone sends her a picture of a tiny, adorable pony so we can have her Squee recorded.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

16. - Top - End - #886

- GLaDOS
    You sound like one of the turrets.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Troll in the Playground

18. - Top - End - #888
    Banned

Or for that matter, the Friendship is Magic toys.
    What kind of trends are you expecting to see?

-

of posters, rather than posts
    Spoiler
    Show

Prior to editing, that post strongly implied that Brazen made the thread maliciously. Take that as you will.
    To make this post 20% happier, new Heroics! I welcome any and all editing concerns, Phoe.

Also: dun dun dun!
    I take that as she thought better of how it came out. No harm in coming across wrong, and then fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    Seconded, on the 'don't care, therefore PM it' front, and on 'the OPs shouldn't matter that much' front.

On topic: This is my monthly call for Shadowbolts pictures. Ponychan has disappointed me. Anyone have any pictures of the best fliers in the Everfree forest?
    Oh dear, I didn't mean to imply I don care at all. Or that private chats were the way to go.

I meant, I second that we should handle this as adults. It is something important enough to keep coming up despite Bobcat and Mill's best efforts. "backroom dealings" where we only find out filtered information through intermediaries can only harm our efforts.

This.
    Well, we have now heard from both Lex Kat and Soft Serve that starting the thread up without Trixie hurt her. I don't know about you guys, but I see a bit of both sides here:

1) Trixie obviously puts a lot of love and effort into her OPs, and from what I've gathered, specifically asked that we wait for her.

2) Some of the comments at thread start directed at both Trixie and Brazen were a bit rude (even if meant in jest)

3) Waiting for X hours is no fun.

Something I was wondering about, could we not make some sort of compromise here? Obviously Thread XX is shot for now, but if we can somehow guarantee Trixie does the OP, would that at all help?

What I was thinking, if we get mod permission, perhaps we could make an "Overflow Thread" for when a thread fills, so that we can continue discussion until Trixie comes by. This way, Trixie gets to continue doing the OPs, the conversation doesn't halt, and everybody is happy. Only problem is that it technically breaks the 1 thread per topic rule, meaning mod permission would be mandatory.

Thoughts?
    We would be better off RPing as ourselves sucked into a ponyverse, and continuing to discuss ponies "in person rather than over the Internet". Deliciously meta, and no weirder than any other SMBG. another pony thread would be too much though, I think.

1 Trixie never specifically asked anypony not to make a thread that I can recall. I have point blank asked, several times in thread and several out, and there was ne'er a direct answer, always a coy misdirect. Sometimes she joked it would bother her, others that t didn't matter.

2 yes, they were a bit over the top, if only because there was discussion about raw feelings just before.

3 yes, and that's a pickle.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I may have missed some update from the mods in recent months or something...

But I don't remember the 50 page rule ever being particularly strict. Mostly a left-over from back when the site was having trouble, IIRC.

So... I don't see why the mods couldn't be convinced to occasionally let the thread go past 50 pages, for a short time, just to allow Trixie to make the new one.

I could be wrong, of course. Only the mods could tell, but they're reasonable people after all
    Your avatar keeps throwing me off XD
    we have had threads that moved quickly locked almost immediately upon hitting 50 pages. So... I'm pretty sure they only stopped after Trixie asked several times for them to not auto-lock the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Geez, I get pulled away for awhile, and the mess continues. Just for the record, what goes with everypony else, goes with me. If I'm doing anything to make you uncomfortable, please let me know through IMs or something so I know and can try to take actions to correct it. Thusly, I also apologize for when I *have* disturbed people.

That being said, I am sad that we've hit this kind of rough patch in the threads history, and I hope that we can come through it well enough, without too much more damage to anypony.
    Aye. I still echo that we are better hashing through it than sweeping it under the rug though.

I guess it would be better to ask a moderator which would be better: taking a thread past 50 pages, or having a second thread occasionally come to life and sink back down after a day. I find both solutions somewhat awkward, though.

Here's an idea: If we want to keep the hard cap on 50 pages, why not start the new thread around page 45 or so? Or is abandoning threads before they hit the 50th page a problem as well?
    Starting somewhere around 40 is probably a sound idea.

As much as the drama is making me want to scream and shout and run about and yell at you, I'm not gonna. Because of three thing that I think some people are forgetting.

Love.
    Tolerance.
    Ponies.
    Aye. I'm trying my hardest, but its a sticky wicket...
    Makes reporting to the commodore easier, though ...

As cheesy as that may sound, it's still true. It doesn't matter if you're a shipper, a cannibal author, an episode-mimicking author, a lurker, an artist, a harem-pony, a roleplayer, an OP maker or just your run of the mill goddess, everyone here loves and tolerates each other because we all. Love. Ponies.

Just try and remember that, okay?
    I have no sense of normalcy anymore. None.

I must pay bobcat to be my normaldar, and tag things with [normal] and [not normal] so I don't go off the deeper end XD

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Yeah if the thread was close to 50 pages, and Trixie was going to bed, her throwing up the next thread would'nt be a bad idea to me.

However....in the event that she DOESN'T come back... we need a new OP. we have 20 pages to figure this out.

Also...now look we are all friends here. and Lix made a great point. We are just trying to keep everyone happy. So lets get back to ponies shall we?
    ?
    Simple.

Someone contact Trixie and get a direct "I am/am not coming back". Then, we either prepare for her return, or begin prep for somepony else to take up the starry mantle.

Either way, we should designate someone else to be the back-up thread starter, to prevent this issue from arising again.

-

Things I love: MLP ponies with real world horse colorings.

Spoiler
    Show

The artist said they were trying for an appaloosa (having been unaware of the horse breed, they googled the spelling for the town and it blew their mind.) They say it wound up looking more like a Pinto (watch out for exploding gas tanks! This is one pony that MIGHT explode and explode again!). Either way, love the art. Fully willing to construct a personality for this character.
    I'm game. She looks like a deer, actually.
    Oddly, natural patterns jar with the style. Which is too bad; I love myself a dappled roan. Beautiful, beautiful horses, like ashen embers dancing in equine silhouette on the wind.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Troll in the Playground

What kind of trends are you expecting to see?

-

of posters, rather than posts
    Spoiler
    Show

I take that as she thought better of how it came out. No harm in coming across wrong, and then fixing it.

Oh dear, I didn't mean to imply I don care at all. Or that private chats were the way to go.

I meant, I second that we should handle this as adults. It is something important enough to keep coming up despite Bobcat and Mill's best efforts. "backroom dealings" where we only find out filtered information through intermediaries can only harm our efforts.

We would be better off RPing as ourselves sucked into a ponyverse, and continuing to discuss ponies "in person rather than over the Internet". Deliciously meta, and no weirder than any other SMBG. another pony thread would be too much though, I think.

1 Trixie never specifically asked anypony not to make a thread that I can recall. I have point blank asked, several times in thread and several out, and there was ne'er a direct answer, always a coy misdirect. Sometimes she joked it would bother her, others that t didn't matter.

2 yes, they were a bit over the top, if only because there was discussion about raw feelings just before.

3 yes, and that's a pickle.

Your avatar keeps throwing me off XD
    we have had threads that moved quickly locked almost immediately upon hitting 50 pages. So... I'm pretty sure they only stopped after Trixie asked several times for them to not auto-lock the threads.

Aye. I still echo that we are better hashing through it than sweeping it under the rug though.

Starting somewhere around 40 is probably a sound idea.

Aye. I'm trying my hardest, but its a sticky wicket...
    Makes reporting to the commodore easier, though ...

I have no sense of normalcy anymore. None.

I must pay bobcat to be my normaldar, and tag things with [normal] and [not normal] so I don't go off the deeper end XD

Simple.

Someone contact Trixie and get a direct "I am/am not coming back". Then, we either prepare for her return, or begin prep for somepony else to take up the starry mantle.

Either way, we should designate someone else to be the back-up thread starter, to prevent this issue from arising again.

-

I'm game. She looks like a deer, actually.
    Oddly, natural patterns jar with the style. Which is too bad; I love myself a dappled roan. Beautiful, beautiful horses, like ashen embers dancing in equine silhouette on the wind.
    Well, the way this artist did the white parts, it looks jarring. In show, it'd be "clean."

20. - Top - End - #890
    Troll in the Playground

I have to wonder when/if we're going to get a somepony moves away episode. Possibly Pinkie, where she's only moving two streets down, but forgot/didn't know that part.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ettin in the Playground

I have to wonder when/if we're going to get a somepony moves away episode. Possibly Pinkie, where she's only moving two streets down, but forgot/didn't know that part.
    That... that sounds like an episode idea alright.

Not sure if there are morals to work in though.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Troll in the Playground

Well, obviously there would be the whole sadness of a friend moving away part to discuss. But it's easier to have it be someone is just moving to somewhere else in Ponyville than for one of the mane cast to move away forever.

Although, I suppose Twilight moving back to Canterlot would work for a series Finale.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #893
    Troll in the Playground

Sometimes friends have to move away, and it's sad, but that doesn't make you not friends anymore.

And you have to listen to EVERYTHING that Mr. and Mrs. Cake say, not just the interesting parts.

24. - Top - End - #894

Well, obviously there would be the whole sadness of a friend moving away part to discuss. But it's easier to have it be someone is just moving to somewhere else in Ponyville than for one of the mane cast to move away forever.

Although, I suppose Twilight moving back to Canterlot would work for a series Finale.
    But then again, Granny Smith is a ticking time bomb of 'life lessons' I hope doesn't go off
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

25. - Top - End - #895
    Troll in the Playground

But then again, Granny Smith is a ticking time bomb of 'life lessons' I hope doesn't go off
    Yeah, I think we all know what you mean.

Granny Smith: And that, Apple Bloom, is how your Momma was made.

Apple Bloom: EWWWWWWWW! And you and... and Grandpa...

Granny Smith: All the time! It's perfectly natural.

Apple Bloom: GROSS GROSS GROSS GROSS GROSS (runs off).

26. - Top - End - #896
    Bugbear in the Playground

You don't want her to go through her hip surgery, so that everypony can learn a valuable lesson about how to deal with a loved one going through medical problems?

You meanie, making her want to go around crippled!

27. - Top - End - #897

And thus apple bloom was scared for life. You monster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

28. - Top - End - #898
    Troll in the Playground

Applejack will find the money to get her hip fixed and she'll be just like any other pony, aside from the eye wrinkles.

Just like how Simon rescued Nia, they got married and lived happily ever after and have a son named Kamina.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Here is a pic I found, thought it was worth putting it up by itself.

Nothing shows up and I'm not sure what kind of image it is.
    Last edited by Kris Strife; 2011-08-13 at 10:28 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #899
    Troll in the Playground

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/0...lydelphia.html Hey guys, Semper Fidelis is posted!

To anyone who helped preread the last section, I made some sizable additions to it. Specifically, chapter 5.

... accursed ninjas. I better put out some traps.
    Glados because of (alleged, I haven't gotten to listen to it yet) mic troubles? Pony because your voice is cute?

Also the numerous "YAY SEQUEL" comments I got on Equestria Daily before anyone had even had a chance to read it...

Let's just say that Equestria Daily... has made my Day Equestrian.
    Let me just say: YAY SEQUEL! Also, I'll have you know that my robot ninja powers fear no trap! Do your worst, bobcat!

Attempts to capitalize on this weakness will elicit a reaction of "KILL ALL THE THINGS", not "I am paralyzed with fear!".
    WE SYMPATHIZE WITH YOUR DISTASTE FOR THE EIGHT-LEGGED. WE WILL ASSIST YOU IN PURGING THEM!

I vote next time Phoe has a podcast, someone sends her a picture of a tiny, adorable pony so we can have her Squee recorded.
    This. This 1000 times. This 10000 times.

That is a one-two punch of awkward, right there. Poor Apple Bloom.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

30. - Top - End - #900
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    WE SYMPATHIZE WITH YOUR DISTASTE FOR THE EIGHT-LEGGED. WE WILL ASSIST YOU IN PURGING THEM!
    Might I suggest you use fire?

Spoiler
    Show