New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Hey, AotRS commander, I have a question that is surprisingly somewhat related to ponies. Do you play D&D? Specifically, 3.5
    Well, it's more like 3.Aotrs at this point, but yes (weekly in fact...) 3.5 tends to be our system of choice these days. (The second choice being Rolemaster, which is why things like 3.5's grappling rules have never bothered me - and why we only selectively take bits from the splatbooks...)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-10-18 at 10:10 AM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Well, it's more like 3.Aotrs at this point, but yes (weekly in fact...) 3.5 tends to be our system of choice these days. (The second choice being Rolemaster, which is why things like 3.5's grappling rules have never bothered me - and why we only selectively take bits from the splatbooks...)
    Do you ever allow homebrew? I was thinking of turning a particular monster into a playable class.

It's a combo of a dragon and a pony. I think it's obvious where I'm going with that...

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Do you ever allow homebrew? I was thinking of turning a particular monster into a playable class.
    Well, considering I am more-or-less the only one that makes any homebrew (even when I'm not DMing, I'm still considered primary rules-smith of the group, and everyone else tends to adopt my rules) and the reason it's 3.Aotrs is mostly because of the scads of house-rules, modifications and additions...

Notably, my campaign world Dreemaenhyll specifically has rules for nonhumanoid character races (which basically are a combination of "race" and "class", completely replacing the screwy LA system).

(Unicorns and dragons are among the races... Though the former are rather different to pony unicorns. And the latter start off as Tiny at ECL 1...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve
    It's a combo of a dragon and a pony. I think it's obvious where I'm going with that...
    I think it is and I approve...

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Since we are still on the subject of pony dreams, unfortunetly I've never had one. Do dreams about ponythread itself count? I would say who posted in it but all I can remember SiuiS there and our resident lich too. Maybe the next step is pony dreams *crosses fingers*.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    FFRP: Blue Ponies Yay!
    Spoiler
    Show

*eep* Oh no! I wasn't offended I just never know how a pegasus will react when I tell them I'm a flying unicorn *ahem* And I admire him for his mind, so there! *sticks out tongue* Though I would be lying if I said I didn't think he was cute when he blushes *ahem* So I take it that you've known him for a while?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now it's Autumn's turn to giggle for a bit, as Raindrop blushes even more. He looks like he is going to try to say something, but words fail him at the moment. Oh yes, I've known him for a while. You see, ever since Shadow, who by the way, really hates it when you use his full name: Five O'clock Shadow. Anyway, ever since he stepped down as our weather team leader about 2 years ago, Raindrop was assigned to our weather team because he's got all this training from the Cloudsdale Weather Academy. I just thought it was fascinating to see a unicorn so interested in weather control.

And now I meet another unicorn who flies?! So what do you do? Are you a weather unicorn too, or do you do something else?

Raindrop seems to have recovered enough to say something. Um... Autumn, don't you have to make sure that the night weather shift is taken care of?
    Don't worry about that. Wings has the night shift.
    You left Wings in charge.
    Yep. A smile crosses Autumn's face as Raindrop's falls with worry.
    All by himself?
    Yep!

I gotta go. As Raindrop gets up to run out, Autumn blocks off his escape.

Hold up now! I was gonna let you find out tomorrow morning, but the opportunity was too perfect. Whatever mess he makes, you can deal with later. For now, you've got a date to finish.
    It's not a date!
    Now be a good little pony, and stay with your date. I'll just be here to keep things interesting.
    Fine, but I'll get you back for this! Putting Wings in charge! You've gotta be crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Hrm. My pony dream was rather mundane in comparison. It consisted of reading this thread. Yeah, that's it.
    Funny you should mention that. I had a dream a few weeks back where my best friend and I ended up in some sort of parallel universe/alternate dimension/whatever, and at some point while trapped there, I ended up browsing that universe's version of Ponythread. Everything was all topsy-turvy! Two things that really stood out to me were firstly, that that universe's version of Aotrs Commander was an over-the-top, scenery-chewing, cliched, megalomaniac (also, his faction and rank were different, but I can't remember what they were). The other thing that really stood out to me was that the version of Thanqol was extremely terse, and almost exclusively responded to posts with pony reaction images/image macros. There were several other oddities, but I can't remember them at all.

I either need more ponythread, or less; I can't tell which right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    CrazyTwi's and Cuddlepiles (barring a better name)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amish pops his head out from a fast-growing wall of pillows, complete with what looks to be a fully functional portcullis and gate. Somepony has to defend the cuddlepile from crazy Twilights, and it might as well be this pony. He blows a feather off of his snout. "Aye, we're going to need a messload o' pillows (and possibly some additional building permits) at this rate...whoops, hold that thought..."

He quickly opens the gate to let a pony-shaped blur (because I cannot remember Vent's character right now) flying-tackle-glomp the pile before closing it just as fast.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just so you know, the character is Autumn Breeze. She's from the Blue Ponies RP. She's an orange pegasus whose mane and tail are mostly red, orange, and brown. Her cutie mark is of three leaves being blown by the wind.

Midnight's Great Big Cuddlepile:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    *Midnight giggles gleefully, as so many ponies dive under the bed to join in on the cuddle pile! Her horn glows, and just happens to make the legs of the bed a little taller, so that everypony will be able to fit comfortably. After all, it's not a good cuddlepile if somepony is uncomfortable!

"Eee! Pretty soon half the thread will be under here!" She sounds very delighted at that, and somehow is managing to at least be in contact with everypony all at once! Those new wings and nimble tail are proving very good for that.
    Stop it, that tickles!

W-wha? No! Bad Midnight!

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    *Midnight sticks her head out of the pile, and looks at this new pony.

"Uhm...excuse me? I'm no tempting anypony!" She pauses, and looks back at the pile. "Okay, maybe I'm tempting them a little, but there's no law against that!
    Yeah, just cause we're all hiding under Midnight's bed and cuddling while completely naked, doesn't mean that anyth-

Oh, now I see how this could be misconstrued.

"Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

I had a dream that Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle were the same pony. I don't remember much of it, but she was an Alicorn, and it seemed to be Twilight's mom who was the mother.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    that that universe's version of Aotrs Commander was an over-the-top, scenery-chewing, cliched, megalomaniac (also, his faction and rank were different, but I can't remember what they were).
    So apart from the rank thing, pretty much identical then...?

8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground

I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Since we are still on the subject of pony dreams, unfortunetly I've never had one. Do dreams about ponythread itself count? I would say who posted in it but all I can remember SiuiS there and our resident lich too. Maybe the next step is pony dreams *crosses fingers*.
    I would say they count. I'm pretty sure I've dreamed about some of the ponies in here too, but I can't remember.

Midnight's Great Big Cuddlepile:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, just cause we're all hiding under Midnight's bed and cuddling while completely naked, doesn't mean that anyth-

Oh, now I see how this could be misconstrued.

Spoiler
    Show
    "But... You know we don't wear clothes anyways, right? The whole naked thing doesn't change anything."
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

9. - Top - End - #159

So apart from the rank thing, pretty much identical then...?
    Pretty much, but much more prone to villainous speeches over the most mundane of things. (I have feeling that he was also much less effective at being evil, but since it has been a while pretty much all details have been forgotten.)
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Pretty much, but much more prone to villainous speeches over the most mundane of things. (I have feeling that he was also much less effective at being evil, but since it has been a while pretty much all details have been forgotten.)
    More prone... I didn't think that was physically possible! The mind boggles...

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    I approve.
    You should be seeing it within my monster thread in my signature within a week.

12. - Top - End - #162

More prone... I didn't think that was physically possible! The mind boggles...
    Dream worlds. Logic need not apply.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163

D&D ponytalk reminds me.

Next session I'm going to cast Mount for the first time, and get my own little pony. With the knowledge that I'm rolling with Elf!Twizard, who should it be?

14. - Top - End - #164

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    D&D ponytalk reminds me.

Next session I'm going to cast Mount for the first time, and get my own little pony. With the knowledge that I'm rolling with Elf!Twizard, who should it be?
    Trixie!

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Another note is lethality. I really want it to be non-lethal, but I've had some bad experiences with perceived player immortality...

That's my hand, as far as I can remember it. Any pointers, suggestions, questions or critique appreciated.
    Regarding lethality, what seems to work well in most of the Heroes and other mostly-FFRP games is that players go in with an understanding that they'll be mostly immortal, so long as they don't attempt obviously stupid or game-breaking things. Basically, you have a buffer right up until you think you can single-hoofedly take on the Emperor/Big Bad/etc. Then, if you're dumb enough to try, and your number comes up, that's it, re-roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Seft Sirag View Post
    The gist of a conversation I had with my Mum about half an hour ago;

Her: "I had the strangest dream last nght"
    Me: "Oh?"
    Her: "We were in Yorkshire, looking at [detail forgotten] when a flying horse appeared"
    Me: "Flying horse, as in pegasus?"
    Her: "Yes. Well, it was more like a pony, silvery grey."

My mother is having pony dreams, despite never having watched the show, or had any exposure to it at all.

Frogstart: "And yet you still chickened out about mentioning your (not so) little equine obsession. Wimp."
    We're catching! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinda View Post
    I haven't had any pony dreams, but I do tend to have strange pony related thought chains when I'm laying in bed waiting for the alarm.

For example this morning I was thinking about the fact that ponies apparently use the same names for days of the week that we do, which led to a thought about the norse names for said days (Wodan's day, Thor's day and the like) which led to a vision of Celestia & Luna posing as the members of the norse pantheon using props, huge fake mustaches, and a variety of amusing hats.

I decided that the whole affair ended when Luna lost the big hammer thingy and the ravens flew away with the eyepatch and the mustache collection.

I don't need dreams, my waking mind is strange enough as is.
    Were you around during DBC's time? He had quite an interesting theory that made Equestria an extension of the World Tree...I think Celestia and Luna were Loki's daughters, actually, a la Sleipnir.

I know I've had a few pony dreams, but I sadly can't remember them. I seem to remember most of them were of the variety where I was with some of the mane cast, but I don't think I was a pony. It was just me doing some weird, random things with the mane six.

Ah! I stand corrected, I just remember one:
    Spoiler
    Show
    One time, as I was falling asleep, I had this vivid sensation of something soft being draped over me and this feeling of incredible closeness and intimacy. I felt small, in the sense of being powerless as well as physically small. It didn't feel very good, and I started to be afraid. Just then, that feeling of closeness grew sharper, and it felt like two larger, warm bodies were snuggling up next to me. I can't remember anything they were saying, but I just know they were whispering reassurances and calming me down. I often talk to myself mentally, and despite not being able to remember what they said, I swear I could physically hear their voices. In hindsight, it felt an awful lot like I was a foal, and my pony parents, apparently pegasi judging by the wings they covered me with, were snuggling me to sleep.

For the life of me, I can't remember if I was asleep or awake during all of this, and I have no idea how I just remembered all that.
    That actually sounds like a nice dream, once the initial creepiness wore off..

Speaking of dreams, here are the ones I can recall:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1.) There was one a long time ago involving Pinkamena. Yes, that Pinkamena. *shudder* We'll just move on...

2.) Last night I had a weird dream where I was watching the show/playing an interactive game on a smartphone. I was trying to type in some combination of numbers to color in RD's mane, but I kept screwing up. The weird part was that she was freaking out onscreen in real time as I messed up her mane, which only made me more nervous so I failed more... It was kind of disorienting...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

16. - Top - End - #166

Trixie!
    Are you suggesting having Twilight riding Trixie?

Also, mount is an awesome spell. Just wail until you get Regal Procession! Then you can have all of the little ponies. Each one can even include a "Heraldic or personal symbol" Cutie marks anyone?

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

D&D ponytalk reminds me.

Trixie!
    Trixie. xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

18. - Top - End - #168

Also, mount is an awesome spell. Just wail until you get Regal Procession! Then you can have all of the little ponies. Each one can even include a "Heraldic or personal symbol" Cutie marks anyone?
    I like it, I love it.

Oh! I'm going to work in the cutie mark as some sort of personal glyph, of which I'll be casting and drawing everywhere I can. my DM even foolishly had a traveling merchant have a magic unending stick of chalk. You know THAT mess is going to be used for mass graffiti at every opportunity

19. - Top - End - #169

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Trixie. xD
    *Snickers, leans in close to whisper and points to Midnight*

Sure wouldn't be the first time.
    I am so sorry I couldn't resist the joke that was a perfect setup and you know it.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170

More tales from the helpdesk!

Spoiler
    Show
    IT at this company doesn't support the program Salesforce. From our point of view, people just kind of started using it. He asked for it on a loaner, and I told him this.

"...But it's on my other computer."

"Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that IT does not support the program. The best I can do for you is to direct you over to the Salesforce website or your manager."

"...But it's on my computer! Right here, see?"

"...I know. We have nothing to do with the program though. I'm not sure who put it on that computer, but it wasn't us."

"An IT Personnel in Vancouver put it on."

"We don't have any IT support personnel at the Vancouver site."

"...But it's on my computer!"

Aaaaarrrgh. I'm going to have an aneurism by the time I'm 25.
    Shadow IT is actually really bad. Users find a program that works for them and download or use it without considering what kind of technical problems or security issues they're creating.

There was a round table discussion I saw on it a while back on how to address that kind of thing

I see your evil Fluttershy GIF and raise you an orphanage

Spoiler
    Show
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Regarding Pony dreams its hard for me to tell which ones are actual dreams or just daydreams that slipped into dreams or perhaps its the other way around?

Anyways the list!

The only one that I'm positive is a dream was a brief argument with Twilight about magic. I was a pony in this one.

The one that I'm sure was originally a daydream:

Celestia bursting into my room crying about being called a tyrant and a troll. I felt really guilty and was trying to calm her down when the dream shifted.

The other ones are just a confused jumble of ponies.

I'm just worried about the inevitable zombie pony dream.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

On the subject of Pony Dreams: I know I have had Ponythread dreams, but the exact details escape me. The strangest dreams are always the ones where you're doing something completely mundane, and it's strange in the weird way that mundane stuff always is, given the chaotic, madcap world we all live in, and then you - or, rather, I - hear the alarm clock and realize that I was dreaming about posting in Ponythread.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ...I think somepony needs to add 'Intolerance' to the list of OFC targets

Triiiiiiiiiiiiiixie.

Well, what a fantastiiiiiiic idea you have there Trixie that would be a greaaat addition and I already have an idea for the first target-

"Um, boss, sorry about this, but I think you really need to get off Ponythread before you do something you'll regret- oh, goodness, somepony pry him away from the keyboard, for Celestia's sake!

NO NO GERROFFME VENGEANCE WILL BE MIIIIIIIIIIIINEeeeeeeeeeeee

"Ahem. Talespinner here! Discord!Raz and the Pure and Honest Fox Raz are making sure that Raz_Fox can't hurt himself in an attempt to... oh, sweet Celestia, he's actually frothing at the mouth, I thought that was only the kind of thing that happened in stories. And now he's thrashing around like, er, you know that crazy Firebender chick from the finale of Avatar? Yeah, that chick. Um. This is awkward. Just forget this ever happened. Ooooooh-wooooo, you are being hypnotized into forgetting this."

I WILL HAVE MY VENGEANCE AND IT WILL BE A BITTER FRUIT LIKE A LEMON A LEMON OF PURE HATRED THAT BURNS DOWN HOUSES AND BRIDGES YOU WILL TASTE MY LEMON TRIXIEEEEEEEEEE
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

I can't believe that nobody's linked to this yet:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...It still bothers me that the left arrow isn't recolored for being offbeat.
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-10-18 at 12:15 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure wouldn't be the first time.
    I approve

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why is there Japanese text on the front?

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    I WILL HAVE MY VENGEANCE AND IT WILL BE A BITTER FRUIT LIKE A LEMON A LEMON OF PURE HATRED THAT BURNS DOWN HOUSES AND BRIDGES YOU WILL TASTE MY LEMON TRIXIEEEEEEEEEE
    Naaah, you didn't eat enough pure asbestos first :P

Speaking of which, why there are suddenly so many weird Twilight pictures around?
    Above Us Only Sky

26. - Top - End - #176
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    Speaking of which, why there are suddenly so many weird Twilight pictures around?

*flies around using propeller hat and speaking in a mocking tone*
    tardy tardy tardy!
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

27. - Top - End - #177

Cracked takes a pot shot at Bronies. Well, kind of. This particular author just literally took a two word potshot at us at the end of his article. For no good reason. Seriously, take a look.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178

Cracked takes a pot shot at Bronies. Well, kind of. This particular author just literally took a two word potshot at us at the end of his article. For no good reason. Seriously, take a look.
    You know what? I was about to, and then I decided that I didn't want to give Cracked the traffic if they're going to do something like that. I will just sit here and keep watching Fluttershy trample that orphanage instead.

29. - Top - End - #179

Not really here yet, just had a couple of minutes before work and managed to sneak some Wi-Fi. Can't respond to everything, but I checked this, and I think I get the joke.

The whole point of the article is lecturing ponies on how if you don't try to understand others, you end up making incorrect assumptions of them. In this case, she uses quiet people.

In the end, she says first "Basically, nobody's wrong, except for people who aren't willing to accept the other group of people they don't understand. " And then uses the "And Bronies." crack. I think it's hypocritical humor, she lectures for a few pages on how to treat a group, and then turns around and pins assumptions on a completely different group of ponies.

That's not to say that it's funny. It's pretty lame, actually.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-10-18 at 12:42 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180

Not really a shot, it was clearly a joke.

A joke she stole from one of the Austin Powers movies, where it was originally "the Dutch"

EDIT: Also, the highest rated comment currently in the comments section concludes "f**k you ponies are awesome." Considering it's cracked I think that was a neutral-to-positive reference to us.
    Last edited by Eakin; 2011-10-18 at 12:48 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube