New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, But It's normally adorable awkwardness. And I don't really tend to read too much of one genre or fanfic anyway. This just felt awkward to watch to me. And besides, Why hasn't Celestia talked to Luna about things like this?
    And If you must know, The fanfic is The Worst Bakers in Equestria. "Destroy" was probably the wrong word for what it did. "Present Luna in a totally different way" is closer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sure Celestia loves her sister dearly, but both of them are busy monarchs with an empire to run. Plus I'm sure Luna needed to physically recover from an interplanetary jailbreak that concluded with her being shot with a magic laser. 1000 years is a LOT to catch up on and I think her speech pattern may be low on the list of things to address. Plus, she may just be more arrogant than her sister is. Celestia is pretty chill for a god empress maybe Luna just has a chip on her shoulder. She did try to overthrow her sister remember.

Non Luna E4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is it just me or is Fluttershy stealing every scene she's in this season?
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Pony Thread! I have returneth after this new episode!

Spoiler
    Show
    I find it satisfactory! Neigh, it is delightful!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

3. - Top - End - #1443

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestia's dark secret: she's worried about ruining the years of expensive magic therapy to restore her hearing if she had to have a discussion in THE VOICE
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's also important to note that it can be very hard to change your set ways. When she got banished to the moon, the aristocracy actually talked like that. You don't just spontaniously change all your patterns in less than a year. Especially when you're trying your best to put your best hoof forwards, and it's an awkward situation.

But notice, when she was alone or in small groups, she reverted back to the singular. Just like royalty does. She's just acting like a princess because... well, in her age, that's how princesses acted. With 'Permavoice' and Third Party speech and everything. Plus, honestly, I think she has a lot of ham in her personality, considering how she acted both as Luna, and Nightmare moon. She hasn't learned the light touch that Celestia had, and Celestia had a thousand years to develop that. Luna....spent a thousand years as Nightmare Moon.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-10-22 at 03:08 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1444

Also, for the next thread title I'm going to throw "the spoilers have been DOUBLED!" into the ring
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

I liked "Episode 4 totally ruined my fanfic"

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Also, for the next thread title I'm going to throw "the spoilers have been DOUBLED!" into the ring
    Seconded! That's a great title

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    E4 related
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree with thou! Let it be done!

(And mayhapse such wise sages as mando knight can correcteth us when we do falter in our proper grammer - lest we driveth him to the bin of loonies henceforth!)

Indeed, methinks our great comrades Raz-Fox and Thanqol, in high example, should haveth great affinity for speech so loquacious!

I'm pretty sure you just murdered the correct grammer, chief.

*sigh* With sureity, you didst just murder the correctness of thine grammer, O chief.
    Ep 4 Sorta-kinda:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forsooth! This manner of speech is most becoming; methinks all subjects of ye great and glorious Celestial monarchs - be Their Names ever praised - ought partake of it to ye full measure.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Orc in the Playground

Beeskee's thread name idea is amazing.

Spoiler
    Show
    At this point, I suppose this is all there's left to say about Luna's personality.
    I Suppose it's my fault for having an idea in my head about how a character should act without having anything to back up my belief.
    And I tried to read Progress once, but got bored a little while after the OC's were introduced.
    I think Aotrs Commander's point about the dark and tragic option not being viable is what really kept me from enjoying it. Had they done that with the same Luna Personality, I would have still probably found the episode interesting.

But the amazing amount of plot holes this episode created isn't my fault.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ok its been like half a week but I am finally caught back up, yay.

Onto new episode stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So personally for me the new episode was great. I would be hard pressed to find a way to dislike it if I had to. None of my head canon was ruined cause it just evolves with the show, and any fics I have read that don't line up are obviously just alternate universes that have branched off for whatever reason (thank you Marvel Comics and Sliders for teaching me about alt. realities when i was young so I can apply them to everything forever.) Also obviously Rarity just needed a nap after working so hard to get all the costumes done and accidentally slept through the night http://rarityanswers.tumblr.com/post...s-go-over-well

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Banned

Get to sleep at 04:00 or thereabouts. Up to watch ponies at 09:23, then off to start my 13 hour shift at work.

How do I feel?

po~ny

Much to respond to. Not much cognitive function. Beeskee; yes. That is what I meant, though stage stuff works in tandem (but not as replacement, methinks).

Everything else is in notepad. Now I must go make
    Ze Magicks!
    so I will see you ponies on the flipside.

*rides away by surfing on a rocket-propelled biplane*

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Related to Episode four, though I'm not sure it's actually a spoiler.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does anybody know where I can find a speaking guide for ye old English? I want to run Luna in an RP with my friend.
    Don't have an online one, but here are the basics you should know:

(note: not complete, but good enough for an RP)
    Spoiler
    Show

Any time where you're speaking to a friend, intimate acquaintance or a social inferior you use thou instead of you when addressing them. Their verbs thus have the "st" endings - example "Canst thou see that thou art ruining my night?"

Note - if you're issuing a command, the verb doesn't change. "Thou ruinest my night" means "You're ruining my night." "Thou ruin my night" means I'm ordering you to ruin my night.

Thy/Thine. Both are the possessive form of thou. Thine goes for objects that start with a vowel sound, thy with those stat start with consonants. "To thine own self be true, and eat thy cake while thou art at it."

Thee - object form of thou. It's only ever the object, so it only goes in places you would also use me if you were working in the first person instead.

You is plural and also covers the case of formal issues (use it when addressing social superiors, conjugate as normal).

Third person - we went with a different ending eventually, but -th. He runs becomes he runneth. The cup runneth over and all that.

So string it all together and you have an example like "Thy princess hath returned after one thousand years of slumber. Twilight Sparkle, surrender thy treats to us, for in thine hour of judgment thou shalt find that we are gratified by thine obeisance and that we shall grace thee with our favor.
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2011-10-22 at 03:26 PM.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

*rides away by surfing on a rocket-propelled biplane*
    My dear sir, you have shattered ALL the previous standards for exiting a room.
    I not only salute you, but I salute you with ponies!
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I second this too. It will be amazing, though I hope no one will have too much trouble reading a thread of non-stop thees and thous..
    I'd only have trouble with the butchered ones. So probably. :p
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    But you're already educating us on the right way...

And if we all learn something out of the experience, all the better, right?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-10-22 at 03:35 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

Thoughts on Episode 4...

Spoiler
    Show
    The episode was better then I had hoped but, for once, that's not a great compliment in and of itself. I suppose I was so worried about the creators trying to satisfy as many Luna fans as possible that the entire episode would be a mess.

Still! I did enjoy the episode a bunch! Luna's characterization seemed spot on for someone who's been locked away for 1,000 years and likely spent a fair bit of time after that recovering from the Friendship Lazer. I also think her reaction to everyone being afraid of her was spot on as well. If I was her, I'd freak out too if it looked like everyone was going to end up shunning me (again, though for different reasons) because they thought I was scary. Best way to stop that? End the holiday that makes you seem scary!

'cept it didn't really work out like that.

As for Pinkie Pie...masterful trolling, but I think part of it (mostly her reaction in the alleyway) had a couple kernel of truths in it. I mean, even if you've beaten Nightmare Moon, she'd still be scary because A) Only Twilight was in that alley with her, so no Elements of Harmony to help out and B) she's been cheesing off Luna all day by making a bunch of kids scared of her! Plus...you know...the abrupt and sudden appearance of Luna that Rainbow Dash totally didn't help with. I actually commend Pinkie for getting over that so fast to remember Luna was good now.

...I must admit, I'm a bit sad that Rarity wasn't in it (I'd have loved to see her costume!) and find it a bit odd that she'd let Sweetie Belle go trick-or-treatin' without her, but I agree that it's probably better that Rarity wasn't around. Ponyville can't take Ham-to-Ham Combat of that magnitude. It just can't. And you know it'd happen too, cause I'd say Luna is an even bigger ham then Rarity...if such a thing is possible.

Also, maybe it's because I still haven't seen the pilot episodes yet, but I'm looking forward to the next episode more then I was to this one. Sweetie Belle and Rarity are two of my favs and there's a good chance there might be a duet between them...which would be the. Best. Thing. Possible.

Episode 4 image. Warning, quite big. Also, quite hilarious. Must learn to talk like Luna.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2011-10-22 at 03:38 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Firbolg in the Playground

This makes no sense in all the right ways:

episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

17. - Top - End - #1457

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    I liked "Episode 4 totally ruined my fanfic"
    I really like it too, but since have two weeks until the next episode we have multiple opportunities to use it, while the "spoiler" title will only work until Tuesday

EDIT: Also a future episode needs a ham-off between Rarity, Trixie, and Luna
    Last edited by Eakin; 2011-10-22 at 03:40 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ettin in the Playground

I really like it too, but since have two weeks until the next episode we have multiple opportunities to use it, while the "spoiler" title will only work until Tuesday
    So, by the time we need thread XXX, right? Because I'm pretty sure thread speed is in part due to the amount of pony RP in this thread, which I'll be honest, can make navigation difficult and interesting in all the weirdest and best ways when an episode is afoot.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Troll in the Playground

So, can someone sum the current thread name proposals?

Also, Luna ruined fic, canon, or the fandom? :P
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

20. - Top - End - #1460

My Little Pony XXIX: Episode 4 ruined my fanfic

seems to be winning
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    My Little Pony XXIX: Episode 4 ruined my fanfic

seems to be winning
    Am I alone in thinking that title is really, really boring?

"The spoilers have DOUBLED!" is more interesting, IMO

22. - Top - End - #1462

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    So, can someone sum the current thread name proposals?

Also, Luna ruined fic, canon, or the fandom? :P
    A few people mentioned the old "Episode 4 Ruined My Fanfic" idea, but I don't think we've seen many suggestions.

Also, I'm getting a post ready for the imminent new thread.

EDIT
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I like this one as well. I'm editing to save space for more decisions before the new thread.
    Last edited by erikun; 2011-10-22 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Am I alone in thinking that title is really, really boring?

That's my vote.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm in favor of "The Spoilers have been DOUBLED"

It's more fun and in the spirit of how these threads run.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Titan in the Playground

Rewatching the scene, just wants to note that it should of course have been "The spoilers have been DOUBLED!" Forgot that "been" in there

26. - Top - End - #1466

So, by the time we need thread XXX, right? Because I'm pretty sure thread speed is in part due to the amount of pony RP in this thread, which I'll be honest, can make navigation difficult and interesting in all the weirdest and best ways when an episode is afoot.
    I figure we go through two a week, episode 5 won't be discussed until thread 32 or so.

I'm honored that my title suggestion is gaining traction so quickly! I wish I had thought of it before the last page of THIS thread

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Troll in the Playground

I've saved your little guide for further reference

Oh, and Lauren Faust discusses something about ep4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground

I'm honored that my title suggestion is gaining traction so quickly! I wish I had thought of it before the last page of THIS thread
    I wish I could come up with a good one of my own some day

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sure Celestia loves her sister dearly, but both of them are busy monarchs with an empire to run. Plus I'm sure Luna needed to physically recover from an interplanetary jailbreak that concluded with her being shot with a magic laser. 1000 years is a LOT to catch up on and I think her speech pattern may be low on the list of things to address. Plus, she may just be more arrogant than her sister is. Celestia is pretty chill for a god empress maybe Luna just has a chip on her shoulder. She did try to overthrow her sister remember.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree with this. Nice to see a suggestion other than "She's Trollestia", too (even though I'm sure most who say that aren't serious).

Non Luna E4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is it just me or is Fluttershy stealing every scene she's in this season?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I certainly agree. Just look at her expressions!

30. - Top - End - #1470

GnomeWizardGuy

It seems like... one more post until page 50?
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image