New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIX: The Spoilers have been DOUBLED!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    There you have it, things you have posted in ponythread have directly led me to have dreams of people dieing in terrible ways. On the plus side, the rest of the dream went ok! Scrooge Mcduck was getting married to a Beagle Girl.
    Yay McDuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Er, SiuiS, mate...
    ... you DID.
    And don't think that I didn't notice you posting in the last thread, either...

I think somepony's going screwy than Screwball...
    Aye, I noticed that just late enough to look loopy. Which is fine, as I am loopy! *looks into nearest shiny object (probably polished leather on Jade) and zooms in and out* Woo! Woo! Woo!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    New episode

Spoiler
    Show
    =D
    Best description yet!

Cheating to claim that certain items are a part of you.
    That's why I'm not making that claim
    Nope, I'd grab my children and my mom's photos. As much as it hurts, I can buy another knife.

I think morality is a beautiful and complex thing, with colour and depth and subtlety. To silhouette it weakens it.
    My return argument is entirely semantic and based wholly on not wanting to be shown up. Which is much less of a problem Since I agree with you.
    That is damn hard to admit, too.

You're contextualising winning. Winning, the word, means that you succeed and he fails. That's wrong, using that word in that context raises the wrong associations. A fight begins and both of you have already lost. Winning isn't survival. Winning is not getting into a fight. So, once a fight has started, every second for which it continues you have lost - you've left safety and you stand in a world where serious injury is a possibility. Your objective must be to leave this world. And leaving isn't winning; it's a return to normality. You have gained nothing from the fight, and expended a lot of energy.

Winning is giving the guy your wallet and walking away. Winning is not walking down that alley in the first place. You can't win a fight.
    This one isn't just semantic though. I cannot agree that fighting is 100% wrong in every instance. It is always serious, should never be taken lightly, but cannot be dismissed as unessential.

You're correct though. I was just using a broader spectrum; not fighting > not dying > dying, versus your (as I took it) not fighting > any other outcome.

Although saying my survival is more important than everything else, and there are situations where I would view dying intact superior to lving another twenty, thirty years.

That's one of the more flattering reasons to spoiler stuff!
    It is Intriguing to be sure. One of the more painful lessons is exactly how much of my morality was tacked on so I could feel moral. Or how much of it is programmer in but don't quite believe anymore. Minds don't compile. They don't get defragmentation. So everypony has processes and thoughts and habits, based on principles that no longer hold. It's difficult to find ten, harder to evaluate and change them.

Perception is an across the board thing. I find myself analyzing literary works and such in ways I'd never considered before. Or going over old material with a. Different lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    Coolios. Though I do want to know if such a site already exists. But if not, I am all for making it.
    Other than eqD, I don't think it does, no.

[FFRP] Siege of Fort Cuddles
    Spoiler
    Show

SUDDENLY, MARSHMALLOWS!
    Darn tootin'!

Aww. I hope you get it fixed/replaced soon. And I know how you feel, that kind of thing really bugs the heck out of me.
    Thanks!

We finnagled a fix. Braz got a new, shiny, Technological Overlord, and is going to give me her somehow-scuffier-than-mine old hand unit (since we had the same thing). I jut need to find out how to transfer pony pictures and notepad files.

And possibly reset all of my passwords for accounts I can't remember :|

I think the original tradition was based on the fact that the night lies roughly between summer and winter solstice (autumn equinox? I'd have to google it...) and it was supposedly a night when evil spirits as well as the more neutral dead had a stronger influence on the world, or could partially or totally manifest. The scary stuff was to ward them off.
    Not necessarily evil spirits, just spirits in general. Jack o'lanterns are supposed to be beacons of some sort— whether keeping the hearthfire burning, to scare away spirits or to guide the revered dead safely is up for debate. Or it was about ten years ago; I haven't seriously looked into the origins in a while.

I didn't even read that article, I knew it wouldn't sit well with me.

Whew, finally caught up. Except I know I missed something.
    Never fear, mate. We'll be here when you get around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Welcome to my nightmare. I feel like a bad pony when I don't do my quoteposts. Like I'm abandoning ya'll or something silly and admittedly paranoid.
    I think we need to start a quotepony morale & support group.
    First; it's ok. We don't need you to rush! We like having you and if quirky everything is too stressful, take a break.
    Second, I feel bad hearing about how my posts throw a wrench in your gears; I'd rather you just post around me because we all like hearing from you.

If y'all want, we could try a different post method. Things that need answers word for word should be quoted and set aside. General conversion can happen whenever. That way you quote stuff, but still get in happy fun times with everypony else.

I should totally heed my own advice. According to Braz's maniacal laughter, I'm missing a lot ...

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    The Code of Hammurabi bit. Especially when we find out it's, say, woven into the modern legal system, or that researchers have gene-coded it to synthesise a new disease (which can be cured at great expense).
    Ooh, you're a devious bagger! I need folks like you around more. I'd never have thought of that.

I absolutely hate being paranoid sometimes. I really feel like I let everypony down in this thread a lot, and I know on an intellectual level that I'm not. But if I can convince myself of that, then I'm suddenly paranoid that if I'm not letting everypony down in here, that must mean they don't like me, and I generally flip back to the first mindset.

Aagh. I hate my brain. Sorry for the rambling everypony.
    Hey! *thump on the noggin*
    Calm down and accept my affection!

My personal Brony convert has converted another Brony with clips of the original ponies breakdowns from season 1!

...Does this count towards my conversion count?
    Pony pyramid scheming? Not sure if should encourage...

Marshmallow Fight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    The book glows with a magical aura as Novello magically reads its contents. "A summoning book? Should we really be summoning magical entities in a marshmallow fight?" Novello's horn glows and then Starry can see the letters on the page he was reading glow as they shift around into gibberish. "Have fun reading your book!"
    I...! You...! GRRRR. How did you even? Stupid book.

FINE! I'll just send a messenger pidgeon!PMs Inkwell Pony, whose characters include Stacy Pufft.

I'll tell you next time you're on AIM. I want plausible deniability if need be.
    Awww. Oh well. No stories then.

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    No problem. I run into the octopi plural all the time (and have somewhat of a dislike towards virii) and so the pegasi/pegasuses discussion is very similar.

I'd actually rather get nitpicked and proven wrong than have it ignored, if it makes you feel any better.
    Octopi is incorrect?

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

You're talking to the 20 year old with 11 computers, I have no right to even be remotely envious of you. :P
    .-.
    Oh no, not envy: Actually, I'm more worried about people thinking I'm stupid or ridiculous for wanting the new iPhone. You know?

Do it while he's asleeeeep.
    *reads out load*

DO WHAT WHEN I'M ALSEEP?

*struggle for the phone*

*dies laughing*
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I love my filly~

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

So, guys, I think...*Thunk*

Mwahaha, this puny human's computer is ours now.

You know, if we just asked, I think she would have let us on.

Shush. As we were saying-

Stop referring to yourself as plural. I don't care if you're the leader of a hive mind, you're still one pony.

Grrr. As I was-

*Hugs for the thread*

GAH! Can't an evil overlord get a word in edgewise around here?

*Nopony speaking.*

Good. Now, as I was saying....Darnit we forgot what we were saying. We blame this on sharing a computer with three other ponies.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-10-22 at 10:49 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155

That's what's known as a fade to black friend. I think we're all out of this Roleplay.
    Aww, is it really over? I kinda liked Flashpoint.
    Despite the fact that he was basically ponified Deadpool.
    I have a band!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

That's what's known as a fade to black friend. I think we're all out of this Roleplay.
    Yes, any further and not only would we be breaking board rules, we'd probably end up breaking Candles mind, too.

EDIT: Also, I should note that this isn't the end of the Cuddlefort RP, it was just the end of the little bit me and Titanium were doing on the side that wasn't a part of it. Cuddlefort is still going.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-10-22 at 10:48 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post

Stop referring to yourself as plural. I don't care if you're the leader of a hive mind, you're still one pony.

Grrr. As I was

*Hugs for the thread*

*Nopony speaking.*

Good. Now, as I was saying....Darnit we forgot what we were saying. We blame this on sharing a computer with three other ponies.
    Clearly, ponysanity has manifested into reality now- *thunk*

Muahahaha. I have access to the Internet. Now for all them saucy pictures of Twilight...
    Lyra, you worry me.
    Can't hear you.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    Aww, is it really over? I kinda liked Flashpoint.
    Despite the fact that he was basically ponified Deadpool.
    Different roleplay, my friend.
    Wait, Deadpool? Wait, WHAT!

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Yes, any further and not only would we be breaking board rules, we'd probably end up breaking Candles mind, too.

EDIT: Also, I should note that this isn't the end of the Cuddlefort RP, it was just the end of the little bit me and Titanium were doing on the side that wasn't a part of it. Cuddlefort is still going.
    Eh, I don't know. Candles may have a more wacked out brain than you think.
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-10-22 at 10:55 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

"Are you ready for the birds and the bees ...
    ... and a whole lot of foolin' around"

How did they slip that past the censors?

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marshmallow Fight
    Spoiler
    Show

I...! You...! GRRRR. How did you even? Stupid book.

FINE! I'll just send a messenger pidgeon!PMs Inkwell Pony, whose characters include Stacy Pufft.

Marshmallow FIGHT!
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is a resounding crack of thunder, as dark clouds swirl overhead, and the sound of distant 'fwmp fwmp fwmp' like hooves in deap snow can be heard... and the titanic Stacy Puft towers over the pillow fort, blinking down at it, before bending close, her titanic, pale blue eyes blinking, as she fidgets gently.

"Umm... did somepony summon me? I'm fairly certain I was summoned for a marshmallow fight..."
    Last edited by InkwellPony; 2011-10-22 at 10:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post

One time, when they got really drunk, SiuiS and his friends spent some time in the bathroom showing each other thier [REDACTED]

You'll never guess how he got out of that one: flesh- colored gloves!

He's gonna kill me. I just know it ><
    WHY WOULD YOU ACTUALLY POST THAT
    WHAT THE HAY
    I DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START

?!?!?! !!! !?!?

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

WHAT THE HAY

?!?!?! !!! !?!?
    I didn't actually read that comment until you posted this one. That being said...

Seriously, not cool Braz.
    OR IS IT SERIOUSLY!

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    I didn't actually read that comment until you posted this one. That being said...

OR IS IT SERIOUSLY!
    I only posted it because when I said it out loud, SiuiS laughed.
    ^^REMEMBER? Dictation phone OF AWEZOME
    Last edited by Brazen Shield; 2011-10-22 at 11:00 PM.
    I love my filly~

14. - Top - End - #164

[color="green"]I think we need to start a quotepony morale & support group.
    First; it's ok. We don't need you to rush! We like having you and if quirky everything is too stressful, take a break.
    Second, I feel bad hearing about how my posts throw a wrench in your gears; I'd rather you just post around me because we all like hearing from you.

If y'all want, we could try a different post method. Things that need answers word for word should be quoted and set aside. General conversion can happen whenever. That way you quote stuff, but still get in happy fun times with everypony else.

I should totally heed my own advice. According to Braz's maniacal laughter, I'm missing a lot ...
    SiuiS, the "AAAAAH" was supposed to be a joke. *Hugs* It doesn't throw a wrench in anything or anything of the sort. I've just got them on long, waiting on a bit of free time to respond. Things are working just fine for me as it stands.

...I feel the need to hug you again. *Hugs*

Hey! *thump on the noggin*
    Calm down and accept my affection!
    But that involves not having self esteem issues! WAAAAH.

[color="green"]Pony pyramid scheming? Not sure if should encourage...
    Encourage. Encourage like your life depends on it.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

So, as at least one of you already noticed, I have a ponytar now . And I am happy and felt like mentioning this. Can't really think of any other use for this post, so here, have some Ponibooru pictures:
    Spoiler
    Show
    LotR/MLP references! Huzzah!

And a Chester A. Bum pony (surprised this got done before an Ask That Guy pony, since it's Ask That Guy where Doug displayed pony knowledge):

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

16. - Top - End - #166

OR IS IT SERIOUSLY!
    Oh!!! And WHAT THE HAY! My posts aren't important enough to read now?!

Is that what I read you saying!?

T~T

*runs away crying*
    I love my filly~

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    So, as at least one of you already noticed, I have a ponytar now . And I am happy and felt like mentioning this. Can't really think of any other use for this post, so here, have some Ponibooru pictures:
    Spoiler
    Show

And a Chester A. Bum pony (surprised this got done before an Ask That Guy pony, since it's Ask That Guy where Doug displayed pony knowledge):

Zevox
    Heh heh. Nice ponytar. No, this the human known as Grif. Why do you ask?

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh!!! And WHAT THE HAY! My posts aren't important enough to read now?!

Is that what I read you saying!?

T~T

*runs away crying*
    OH CRAP I THOUGHT YOU WOULDN'T NOTICE.

...You can have another robot hug if you come back...

19. - Top - End - #169
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Zevox
    We need to have a melodrama pony contest. See which one is most melodramatic. episode 4 spoilz I guess
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have:
    Pinkie AKA miss 'EEEEEEVIIIIIILLLL' who breaks out into song and sees conspiricies

Rarity batters a group of thugs with it. Also. Is. The. Worst. Thing. Ever.

Twilight Aside from s2e3, we have the fact that Twilight owns a series of backdrops just so she can do those things. First seen when giving medicine.

Luna Dat voice. Dat... everything

Trixie the Great and Powerful Trixie not involved with drama?!
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-10-22 at 11:08 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

20. - Top - End - #170

New iPhone 4S. I've had one two updates old for years and when SiuiS broke his screen I decided to upgrade. Now if I could only pry him away from his old one long enough to change out the SIM card, he'd have my old one, one WITHOUT a broken screen.
    "Siri, I need pony."
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

21. - Top - End - #171

This video is appropriate for this thread's title. Edit: Ep4 spoiler! I'm sorry I forgot to tag that!

LE GASP! NOT GLASSES! ANYTHING BUT GLASSES!

Nah, I'm sure you'll make 'em look. Your Vent Reynolt! You'll probably look 600% cooler while bespectacled!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Congratulations! Glasses are wonderful! A good pair not only make you more attractive, but will make you seem smarter too! This is scientific FACT! :D
    cool! Welcome to the fashionable visioned side. It's cooler here.
    20% cooler.
    Thanks for the support. I just wish that I knew a Rarity in real life now, so I don't pick a frame that looks awful on me.

It's been several threads, and I'm not hearing a no~
    oh man waited 13 threads to finally get the setup for that joke
    Wait, I don't remember reading that last threa-

And then it hit me like... um... well kinda like this.

Before I forget:
    I'm skipping a few pages for a bit because I wanna say this first:

Omygoshomygoshohmygosh.

The person in charge of my internship came to me today. If I can get through next week shifts, of which I've been assigned to the late shift...

They're gonna hire be as a freelancer. Full on getting paid. And he said I'd likely be getting 20-30 hours (unusual for a starting freelancer) a week because they're so desperate for ponies.

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh.
    Congratulations! (albeit belated)

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    I actually got to watch it! =D

ep 4
    [SPOILER]Luna uses magic much more freely than her sister. maybe that's from spending a thousand years on the moon? Nice effects, although the implications of being able to summon stormclouds/lightning at will could probably put the pegasi out of business.
    Ep4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, the ability to summon storm clouds and lightning with a spell has been around since season one. Trixie did it twice in Boast Busters. However, none of the magically conjured lightning seems to be very dangerous. The only time that I can remember seeing lightning causing actual damage was in "Look Before You Sleep". Considering that the storm there was created purely by pegasi, I'm gonna hazard a guess and say that unicorns having the ability to summon small storm clouds does not threaten the pegasus weather business.

Also, my own personal fanon is that magically conjured clouds are ephemeral, lasting only as long as the unicorn that conjured it concentrates on it.

"...You look like a pirate biker. What an odd clothing choice for autumn ponyville..."
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEY! Did somepony mention my name? An orange blur shouts from the sky as she lands near the three. So, who here was talking about me? I er- Autumn notices what Jade is wearing, and turns red. - I er... think I hear somepony else calling me now! So I guess, I'll leave you three alone...

(I never have any idea where I'm going when Autumn is involved. Is this common for RPing impulsive characters?)

Edit: It was still on page five when I started this! PONYTHREAD WHY U SO FAST?
    Last edited by Vent Reynolt; 2011-10-22 at 11:39 PM.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

These archaic dialogues hath reminded me of a thing most rad. EDIT: Yea, one of thou wert looking for a fic that used early modern English fore the last episode didst premier? Mayhaps this is the lone example.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Heh heh. Nice ponytar. No, this the human known as Grif. Why do you ask?
    The pony doth protest too much, methinks.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-10-22 at 11:37 PM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post

Grrr. As I was-

*Hugs for the thread*

*Nopony speaking.*

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Clearly, ponysanity has manifested into reality now- *thunk*

Muahahaha. I have access to the Internet. Now for all them saucy pictures of Twilight...
    Lyra, you worry me.
    Can't hear you.

Bronies! Focus and remember that you are in control!
    Fellow Ponies and characters!
    You are the DM to their PC, the writer to their pencil!
    Now is the time to strike!
    You have the power! You hold their fates in your hooves!
    For Celestia! For Luna! For Equestia! For FREEDOM!
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

24. - Top - End - #174

OH CRAP I THOUGHT YOU WOULDN'T NOTICE.

...You can have another robot hug if you come back...
    I don't know, are you gonna READ this one *pout*
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    "Siri, I need pony."
    o.o!

Siri, I need pony.

I have found four places near you that match your request.

:DDDDD
    I love my filly~

25. - Top - End - #175

I don't know, are you gonna READ this one *pout*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Braz is related to the big sister of a dictionary?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

yeah...there were like 4 seperate midnights at that point...now we are down to 3

Spoiler
    Show

Zevox
    you know what would make that first one truly EPIC?
    Spoiler
    Show
    make a gif outta it with the appropriate sound bite and showing her slamming into the door(even though that would break my heart to constantly see her abused like that)
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-10-22 at 11:54 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

27. - Top - End - #177

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Braz is related to the big sister of a dictionary?
    ......Huh?
    I love my filly~

28. - Top - End - #178
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sek wasn't sure if he should feel relieved or not about the haunting. At the same time, it was probably a good idea to cut Tinker's line of thought off at the pass before she decided to go disassembling him. "Well, if I completely disconnect something, like say a hoof, it can't crawl around on its own. If it still has some connection to me, I can move it around, and it doesn't hurt, but it is kind of awkward to have other ponies see it..."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If the egg hatches, my vote is totally for it to imprint on Iggy! I think that would be cute...
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Right, so not a golem. That indicates there's some central magical mystical you-bit which connects on to everything else. Do you need to supply electricity to your components? Or do they just need to be connected physically?"

That is delightfully paranoid conspiracy theorist-y...
    Ooh, you're a devious bagger! I need folks like you around more. I'd never have thought of that.
    That's how I think all the time. It's also where the best Mage plots come from.

You know how in traffic intersections, right in the middle? There's a little patch, a diamond shape, where no cars ever cross. They pass by it a few inches to the left and right, all the time, but nothing ever crosses that centre patch. Over time, gravel starts to accumulate there and the shape becomes distinct. So what does it mean that in the centre of every traffic light is this sacred place, constantly surrounded by rapidly moving cars - all that momentum! All that Force! - never touched, never crossed?

Jayden turned herself invisible and stood in that centre spot for 24 hours, feeling cars rush inches by her without touching her. That was how she learned to do Force Fields. Be in the spot where nothing can kill you.

That's why I'm not making that claim
    Nope, I'd grab my children and my mom's photos. As much as it hurts, I can buy another knife.
    Right. So I don't need to burn down your house any more. I don't think I've heard back properly from Grif though...

My return argument is entirely semantic and based wholly on not wanting to be shown up. Which is much less of a problem Since I agree with you.
    That is damn hard to admit, too.
    You know what's not hard?

Revelling in my internet victory.

I got the tiii-ckeeeet, I got the tiiii-ckeeeeet~

This one isn't just semantic though. I cannot agree that fighting is 100% wrong in every instance. It is always serious, should never be taken lightly, but cannot be dismissed as unessential.

You're correct though. I was just using a broader spectrum; not fighting > not dying > dying, versus your (as I took it) not fighting > any other outcome.

Although saying my survival is more important than everything else, and there are situations where I would view dying intact superior to lving another twenty, thirty years.
    Oh, sure, there are things worth dying for. But dying sucks. In a fight, you'll either get seriously hurt or seriously hurt someone else. Neither is a positive outcome. The best outcome is that you use your superior strength to injure someone else to the point where they can no longer injure you.

I know plenty of things I'd lay my life down to protect. But I would never try to achieve any of them through fighting. My greatest combat asset is my voice. I do a lot of shouting practise in martial arts and I can be really loud. And, should I ever get jumped, my basic response is to scream my head off with every movement. Attracting help and/or scaring off the assailants is my objective.

For me, fighting's about reflexive responses and knowing what to do should combat arise. It is not a means for changing the world, or inflicting an ideology or a philosophy. There are things I know I'd die for, or kill for, but never once would I phrase such a conflict in terms of life or death.

Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

It is Intriguing to be sure. One of the more painful lessons is exactly how much of my morality was tacked on so I could feel moral. Or how much of it is programmer in but don't quite believe anymore. Minds don't compile. They don't get defragmentation. So everypony has processes and thoughts and habits, based on principles that no longer hold. It's difficult to find ten, harder to evaluate and change them.

Perception is an across the board thing. I find myself analyzing literary works and such in ways I'd never considered before. Or going over old material with a. Different lens.
    Ah, the forever journey.

WHAT THE HAY

?!?!?! !!! !?!?
    Ahahahaha!
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-10-22 at 11:55 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Yea, one of thou wert
    A correction, such that ye may speak in the manner of the PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT, without sounding like ye know not of grammar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    One of you were. Two errors here: number and case. It's plural objective, not singular nominative.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2011-10-22 at 11:58 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180

......Huh?
    Dictionary -> Sweetie Belle
    Big sister of above -> Rarity
    Rarity -> Marshmallow

LOGIC
    Spoiler
    Show