New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXV: Who is your Summoner, and what does he do?

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    I'm not sure it's even good for snowballing, considering how relatively little gold it's worth; if you're in enough kills for it to make a notable difference to your game, you're probably ahead by enough that it won't really matter. Might have some use for 0 CS Supports, since they can usefully use just about every non-creep source of gold they can scratch up, but even then its positioned pretty deep in the tree, so you're looking at an, IMO, not very good value trade against whatever you're not taking (probably pulling points out of Utility.)
    If there is one thing I think you should look at it through, it is assist and not kill potential, as it is a relatively small percentage of the kill, but again, for assist, that is near 25% extra. If you know that you like gold, and will be fighting and winning often, but won't be the one to get the kill, then this might be of some use looking into.

Like you said, though, you will probably be trading with something from one of the other trees, and there is nothing easy to just give up for it.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-11-16 at 12:31 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In my uninformed opinion, it's a snowball. If you start winning, you'll win MORE, but if you're trying to catch up it's basically useless.

So I want to try Dominion. HOW I DO DOMINION. What do I need to bear in mind? What characters are good?
    What characters use Ionic Spark? It looks fun and I want to use it.
    Coordination is quite important on dominion. Tanky DPS and Assassins tend to be quite good on Dominion. The basic strategy is to focus on the Windmill and the two points closest to your spawn. Generally you only need one character good at defending both with the rest of the team focusing on top. Pay attention to the mini-map and don't overextend chasing / capping points.

Going for the quests is generally not worth putting that much effort into; they're a nice perk if you can get them but not worth losing control for. I don't know if ghost / exhaust got changed in the last patch, but those are pretty much the go-for summoner spells on Dominion, due to the prevalence of assassins on the map and the need for mobility.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure it's even good for snowballing, considering how relatively little gold it's worth; if you're in enough kills for it to make a notable difference to your game, you're probably ahead by enough that it won't really matter. Might have some use for 0 CS Supports, since they can usefully use just about every non-creep source of gold they can scratch up, but even then its positioned pretty deep in the tree, so you're looking at an, IMO, not very good value trade against whatever you're not taking (probably pulling points out of Utility.)
    Also it's helpful with junglers, who kinda need every penny they can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

4. - Top - End - #724

on old patch in a 30~40 min game I can get around 15~17k or more gold when I play carry or DPS champs.

I get around 9~11k gold as 0CS support or tank. factoring in that I usually get around 15 or more as assists in those games, it means I get an extra 360 or more gold per game, which factors into plenty of wards and potions, or free boots.

I can't find a use for extra starting gold. as of right now, if you place in 2 points there you get an extra 40 gold, wich allows for an extra pot, or allows you to start fairy charm and cloth armor. (wich really just need an extra 5 gold, which means just 1 mastery point or waiting 3~5 seconds after minion spawn before moving.) I would see it as being better if it offered 30/60 more starting gold instead, which would atleast get me a fairy charm + boots, much more useful imo. Or almost an extra ward.
    Basically the mastery allow you to start fairy charm, cloth armor and a pot. which for 2 points, not worth it imo.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

5. - Top - End - #725
    Firbolg in the Playground

No-one. It's pretty much awful. Dominion added some nice extra itemistion for attack speed/onhit characters, like Kitae's Bloodrazor, but it also added Ionic Spark. Which is downright rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    I can't find a use for extra starting gold.
    The deal with the extra gold is that it lets you start with an extra potion, which on a lot of characters can be huuuuge. That's 200 bonus health. Holy moley.

It's useful for Doran's starts to get huge old timey lane dominance.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

6. - Top - End - #726
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

The extra gold means that non-optimal jungle starts (Boots, Doran's Ring) is all the more tasty.

Fiddle Starts Dorans with an extra health pot? Nunu starts boot+Ward with extra pot? Amumu starts regrowth with extra pot? YES.

7. - Top - End - #727

A Support with Mercenary is a Support without 15% reduced CD Clairvoyance. Ewwwww.

I play supports from time to time, and I'll say that reduced CD on CV is a must.
    Last edited by balistafreak; 2011-11-16 at 01:59 PM.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put tomato in fruit salad. Charisma is convincing someone it's a good idea anyways.

I am a 12/13/13/17/15/17 True Neutral Sorcerer2.

Tainted Bonds, a newly-created Touhou x D&D 3.5 CYOA. Just read these before posting anywhere. Talk about it here.

Awesome remastered ballista avatar by Savannah!

8. - Top - End - #728

Quote Originally Posted by balistafreak View Post
    A Support with Mercenary is a Support without 15% reduced CD Clairvoyance. Ewwwww.

I play supports from time to time, and I'll say that reduced CD on CV is a must.
    That's assuming you're running CV and what with a) it being nerfed and b) Heal, Surge and Cleanse being incredible...
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm thinking going Ignite and either Surge or Promote on Fizz. Any thoughts?

10. - Top - End - #730

Just don't go surge and go double top with a surge Trynd, wait until level 6, and then gank a less than full health Nasus with almost no mana (not enough for ult,) and heavily denied farm, and accidentally picking cleanse, and expect to win.

... I'm still not sure how I won that trade as Nasus.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-11-16 at 02:14 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #731

Quote Originally Posted by Bendraesar View Post
    I'm thinking going Ignite and either Surge or Promote on Fizz. Any thoughts?
    Would be a good idea I think, haven't tried it myself yet so not sure.

I'm still using flash, but finding that I rarely use it cause I can chase fine enough with E.

Surge could give your burst a sudden spike, and Promote could push your lane pretty well.

Huh, guess all I can say is either one could do well really.

@Daverin: Because you're Nasus.
    Last edited by Merellis; 2011-11-16 at 02:21 PM.

12. - Top - End - #732

That was an overall amazing game, too. It was actually one of the rare few I play with Djinn where I actually contributed well to the game.

But yeah, I think Nasus is quickly rising to my top 5... Except I still have no clue who else is there besides Gangplank. Although Udyr might be getting there.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #733

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    That was an overall amazing game, too. It was actually one of the rare few I play with Djinn where I actually contributed well to the game.

But yeah, I think Nasus is quickly rising to my top 5... Except I still have no clue who else is there besides Gangplank. Although Udyr might be getting there.
    Which game was this, and how did it turn out? I'll admit I cannot remember, unless this was the game where I was "Should have been Carry-Morgana but ended up as Support-Morgana due to that goddamn Karthus aura..."

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Troll in the Playground

As far as Dominion... All I can say is, try to make sure everything is done with team effort and coordination. There seems to be quite a few viable strategies in Dominion, but it seems there is no such thing as single-handedly carrying the game in that mode.
    The only consistent way I found to single-handedly carry Dominion is to play a really strong bottom laner. Force the other team to constantly send someone to help out bottom and your top forces should win the 4v3 fight.

Alternatively, mine the jungle with someone like Shaco and just pick off stragglers.

P.S. Which is why I ban Shaco... 6 bans in Dominion! Kiss those assassins good bye!
    Last edited by Joran; 2011-11-16 at 02:41 PM.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dominion Advice from the resident Dominion-Only Player!
    1. Take Ghost. Everyone takes Ghost unless they plan on being the backcapper (the one who caps your close top point and joins the fight mid after). But really, unless you have a /very/ good reason (read: your champion set-up won't work without two other Summoner's), take Ghost.
    2. Experiment with Revive. If you're a player who typically goes mid for the first fight, try taking revive the next time. It means you can die early, and rejoin the fight going twice as fast and with lots of extra health. It's not a playstyle that works for everyone, but some people love it.
    3. Try backcapping. If your team is being locked down at your two closest points, try running across the map and capping their top or bottom. Generally, capping their top is easier to do, but it's very situational. Be careful to avoid the light patches in the center and in the jungle around the point so as to give yourself more time to at least neutralize the point.

If I think of more, I'll add it later, but this is what I have for now.
    Last edited by ShortOne; 2011-11-16 at 02:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    ...Blackfox and Raven. They are two fine upstanding ladies aside from their disturbing lack of reloading, Doctor Freeman.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    Raven gets one free LOL from me. Start collecting LOL's now!
    Also known as Raven, and various derivations thereof.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    No-one. It's pretty much awful. Dominion added some nice extra itemistion for attack speed/onhit characters, like Kitae's Bloodrazor, but it also added Ionic Spark. Which is downright rubbish.
    ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by ShortOne View Post
    Dominion Advice from the resident Dominion-Only Player!
    1. Take Ghost. Everyone takes Ghost unless they plan on being the backcapper (the one who caps your close top point and joins the fight mid after). But really, unless you have a /very/ good reason (read: your champion set-up won't work without two other Summoner's), take Ghost.
    2. Experiment with Revive. If you're a player who typically goes mid for the first fight, try taking revive the next time. It means you can die early, and rejoin the fight going twice as fast and with lots of extra health. It's not a playstyle that works for everyone, but some people love it.
    3. Try backcapping. If your team is being locked down at your two closest points, try running across the map and capping their top or bottom. Generally, capping their top is easier to do, but it's very situational. Be careful to avoid the light patches in the center and in the jungle around the point so as to give yourself more time to at least neutralize the point.

If I think of more, I'll add it later, but this is what I have for now.
    Oooh. Thanks.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Which game was this, and how did it turn out? I'll admit I cannot remember, unless this was the game where I was "Should have been Carry-Morgana but ended up as Support-Morgana due to that goddamn Karthus aura..."
    Yeah, that was definitely the game where I jungled Shyvana and went like 7/3/7. I might have deprived you of a few of those kills. Not that it mattered, since you just flash ulted into in ace two teamfights in a row before they surrendered.

Anyways, I still don't get why Daverin is surprised. Wither beats Tryndamere, so how wouldn't Wither plus Tower beat Tryndamere?
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2011-11-16 at 03:40 PM.

18. - Top - End - #738

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    I might have deprived you of a few of those kills. Not that it mattered, since you just flash ulted into in ace two teamfights in a row before they surrendered.
    Support Morgana supports like a boss.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

19. - Top - End - #739

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Support Morgana supports like a boss.
    A snare, an AoE ability that reduces MR, possibly the most broken OP spell in the game with black shield, and the ability to be VERY dangerous in teamfights with her ultimate if ignored.

Yeah, she just needs to lane with a character that can sustain themselves and she is damn good.
    Last edited by LordShotGun; 2011-11-16 at 04:20 PM.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Troll in the Playground

Jungle Wukong. If one were to make that a thing, how would one go about it? I'm assuming buff duration is virtually a must, and bladed armor looks like it too... anything else?
    Truth resists simplicity.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, she just needs to lane with a character that can sustain themselves and she is damn good
    Or else, lane without a character
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

22. - Top - End - #742
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    Jungle Wukong. If one were to make that a thing, how would one go about it? I'm assuming buff duration is virtually a must, and bladed armor looks like it too... anything else?
    I think the new masteries did make it easier to jungle... hmm...

I'd focus your AS steroid with at least one point in your autoattack reset (the armor reduction will probably be unnoticeable against most camps, though it could allow you to take fewer flat arpen runes and still deal true damage to some high-armor enemies).

As for decoy, it seems to have potential in counterjungling: when you're stealing a camp and see the enemy coming, throw up your decoy and either get the heck out of there or get the jump on 'em.

There are definitely better junglers out there (especially for ganking), but if your laners have a lot of good CC, it could work well.

23. - Top - End - #743

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Bunny View Post
    There are definitely better junglers out there (especially for ganking), but if your laners have a lot of good CC, it could work well.
    Wukong's ganks would be INSANE. Decoy out of the bush, Nimbus Strike 'em then red buf to high heaven.
    BANG → !

24. - Top - End - #744

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Yeah, that was definitely the game where I jungled Shyvana and went like 7/3/7. I might have deprived you of a few of those kills. Not that it mattered, since you just flash ulted into in ace two teamfights in a row before they surrendered.

Anyways, I still don't get why Daverin is surprised. Wither beats Tryndamere, so how wouldn't Wither plus Tower beat Tryndamere?
    Mostly because the Fizz should've still been able to finish it, since Trynd could just tank the turret. And I'm not sure the Trynd should've been withered the whole time.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #745

BlueKnightGuy

I need to play Nasus more. Went full Defensive masteries (because, hey, why not?) and Teleport and Cleanse and pushed down towers at will. And each time you press Q near a minion wave...numbers go up. I gave up first blood to a gank from their Shaco, but late-game they had to use at least 3 if not 4 or 5 champions to stop me. Jax and Gangplank tried to take me on when I was trying to push their bottom inhibitor turret...it wasn't pretty for them.

So I definitely lacked an escape, but it didn't matter because they simply couldn't make progress on our towers, whereas I could do whatever 'cause I was Nasus. And he doesn't take anything from anyone. Nasus goes where he pleases. (And has the best voice acting to boot.)
    Last edited by Ivellius; 2011-11-16 at 05:34 PM.

26. - Top - End - #746

So, hopefully someone has a screencap of it, but... 6 minute Dominion win, with like, a 1-2 minute 5 cap that was never broken.

Yep.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-11-16 at 05:45 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

;_;
    Teemo .
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

28. - Top - End - #748

So, hopefully someone has a screencap of it, but... 6 minute Dominion win, with like, a 1-2 minute 5 cap that was never broken.

Yep.
    Sorry, didn't bother to grab it. Felt too bad for the other guys to flaunt it.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Colossus in the Playground

In my uninformed opinion, it's a snowball. If you start winning, you'll win MORE, but if you're trying to catch up it's basically useless.

So I want to try Dominion. HOW I DO DOMINION. What do I need to bear in mind? What characters are good?
    I wrote an assessment of every champion on the map pre-Xerath with Dominion in mind. While it's a bit out-of-date, it could still prove to be of interest to you (more so the individual assessments of their strengths and weaknesses than the list itself).

And yeah, basically, a strong pusher goes push bottom while the rest fight for the top 3 points (with focus on Windmill). Then you gank bot given the opportunity but have to avoid losing top points.

Generally, you want some solid attacker champions, some solid holder champions and then some utility. Speed is generally more valuable on Dominion than on SR so fast champs falling under those roles tend to be particularly valuable (Udyr, Zilean, Sona, etc.). And everyone getting money means every champ should build tanky or glass cannon; generally tanky builds are stronger especially since they enable you to hold points better.

Only champ I ever build glass cannon is Ezreal and that's 'cause he's so good at never being caught (against e.g. Kassadin I still build tanky on him). Oh, and obviously you want some champs to deal physical, and some to deal magical damage since pure physical or pure magical allows enemies to stack one type of resistance which is stupidly efficient at shutting teams down.

Of course, most players aren't truly strong enough for team composition considerations to determine most games and generally it comes down to individual player skill on both sides, just like SR. The differences tend to be big enough that players aren't screwed based on champion selection. The biggest difference to SR is that "getting fed" isn't nearly as dramatic since the gold differentials tend to cap out at ~2000 gold. While relevant, the fact that everyone keeps getting geared means games are never lost until they're over and the map does make for some amazing last second comebacks with just 1 point of Nexus health left (note, you can only finish from 100 points by point control; before then, things like champion kills also decrease enemy Nexus health but to win the game, you need to control more points than the enemy).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

CLG v TSM scrimming

I didn't believe it was possible for people to derp that hard lol. oddone doesn't flash stun top gives enemy team double kill.